How many times have you said it’s time to compare cheaper Toyota Yaris insurance in Cincinnati? Paying for overpriced Toyota Yaris insurance in Cincinnati can draw down your funds and put a big crunch on your finances. Comparing rate quotes is free and is an excellent way to cut your insurance bill.
Everyone knows that car insurance companies don’t want you to compare rates. Drivers who shop around annually are highly likely to move their business because of the good chance of finding a lower rate. Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that consumers who compared rates regularly saved as much as $3,400 over four years as compared to drivers who never shopped around.
If finding budget-friendly auto insurance is your objective, then having a good understanding how to find and compare coverages can make it easier for you to save money.
How to find low-cost rates for Toyota Yaris insurance in Cincinnati
The most effective way to find the cheapest price for auto insurance rates in Cincinnati is to start comparing rates regularly from different companies who provide auto insurance in Ohio.
Step 1: Try to comprehend the different coverages in a policy and the things you can control to keep rates in check. Many risk factors that increase rates such as distracted driving and poor credit history can be rectified by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility. Later in this article we will cover instructions to get lower rates and get bigger discounts that may have been overlooked.
Step 2: Quote rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only quote rates from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agencies can quote prices for a wide range of companies.
Step 3: Compare the price quotes to your current policy and determine if cheaper Yaris coverage is available in Cincinnati. If you find better rates and change companies, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
One key aspect of rate comparisons is to make sure you’re comparing the same liability limits and deductibles on every price quote and and to analyze as many companies as feasibly possible. Doing this ensures an accurate price comparison and a complete rate analysis.
Companies like State Farm, GEICO and Farmers Insurance constantly blast consumers with ad campaigns and it is challenging if not impossible to sift through the bull and find the best price available.
How You Can Control Toyota Yaris Insurance Premiums
Lots of things are used when you get your auto insurance bill. Some of the criteria are obvious like an MVR report, but other factors are more obscure such as your marital status or your vehicle rating.
- Amount of liability insurance – Your policy’s liability coverage kicks in if you are found liable for damages from an accident. Your policy’s liability insurance provides legal defense starting from day one. Liability insurance is quite affordable compared to physical damage coverage, so do not skimp.
Insurance premiums and vehicle performance – The performance level of the vehicle you need insurance for makes a substantial difference in how high your rates are. The lowest rates are for economy passenger cars, but the cost you end up paying is determined by many additional factors.
The data below uses these variables: single female driver age 20, full coverage with $1000 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. The data compares Toyota Yaris insurance premiums compared to other makes and models that have a range of risk factors.
- When should you not file claims? – Car insurance companies in Ohio provide the lowest premiums to drivers who are not frequent claim filers. If you file claims often, you can definitely plan on much higher rates or policy non-renewal. Insurance coverage is intended for major claims that would cause financial hardship.
Traffic violations cost more than a fine – Being a careful driver has a lot to do with how much you pay for insurance. Careful drivers pay lower auto insurance prices than people who have multiple driving citations. Only having one citation can increase the cost of insurance forty percent or more. Drivers who get severe tickets like reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence might be required by their state to submit a SR-22 form with their state DMV in order to prevent a license revocation.
The diagram below illustrates how violations and at-fault fender-benders raise Toyota Yaris car insurance rates for different ages of insureds. Data assumes a married female driver, full coverage, $250 deductibles, and no additional discounts are factored in.
- Is you occupation costing you more? – Careers such as lawyers, business owners, and medical professionals are shown to have higher rates than the rest of us in part from intense work requirements and long work hours. On the flip side, occupations such as actors, athletes and retirees have lower than average premiums.
Toyota Yaris insurance claim data – Auto insurance companies use statistical claims data to help determine the rate you pay. Models that statistically have higher claim frequency or loss amount will have higher rates. The next table shows the collected loss data for Toyota Yaris vehicles.
For each policy coverage type, the claim probability for all vehicles, without regard to make or model, equals 100. Numbers shown that are under 100 indicate better than average losses, while numbers shown that are more than 100 point to more losses or a tendency for claims to be larger.
Auto Insurance Loss Data for Toyota Yaris Models Specific Toyota Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Toyota Yaris 94 88 92BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Rate information and statistics
The premium information displayed below covers a range of insurance costs for Toyota Yaris models. Being more informed about how insurance policy rates are determined is important for making smart buying decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Yaris 2-Dr Hatchback||$194||$352||$336||$20||$100||$1,002||$84|
|Yaris 4-Dr Hatchback||$194||$352||$298||$18||$88||$950||$79|
|Yaris 4-Dr Sedan||$194||$352||$298||$18||$88||$950||$79|
|Yaris S 2-Dr Hatchback||$222||$352||$336||$20||$100||$1,030||$86|
|Yaris S 4-Dr Hatchback||$222||$352||$298||$18||$88||$978||$82|
|Yaris S 4-Dr Sedan||$222||$352||$298||$18||$88||$978||$82|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes single male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Ohio minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-policy, claim-free, multi-vehicle, and safe-driver. Price information does not factor in specific location which can increase or decrease insurance rates greatly.
Toyota Yaris full coverage rates compared to liability only
The chart below illustrates the difference between Toyota Yaris auto insurance costs when comparing full coverage to state minimum liability only. The premiums are based on a clean driving record, no claims, $500 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are applied.
When to buy liability coverage only
There is no definitive guideline to delete comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, but there is a general convention. If the yearly cost for physical damage coverage is more than about 10% of the vehicle’s replacement cost less your deductible, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
For example, let’s pretend your Toyota Yaris replacement cost is $3,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most you would receive is $2,000 after you pay the deductible. If you are paying over $200 a year for physical damage coverage, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
There are some conditions where dropping physical damage coverage is not advised. If you have an outstanding loan on your vehicle, you are required to maintain full coverage in order to prevent your loan from defaulting. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should keep full coverage on your policy.
Take policy discounts and save on Toyota Yaris insurance in Cincinnati
Car insurance is expensive, but there’s a good chance there are discounts that can help lower your rates. Many discounts should be triggered at the time of purchase, but some must be asked about before you get the savings.
- Discounts for Government Workers – Federal government employees may qualify for a discount when you quote Cincinnati auto insurance with certain companies.
- Military Rewards – Having an actively deployed family member could qualify you for better rates.
- Drive Safe and Save – Drivers without accidents can pay as much as 50% less than drivers with accidents.
- ABS Braking Discount – Vehicles with ABS braking systems or traction control can reduce accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Telematics Data Discounts – Drivers who elect to allow their company to monitor vehicle usage by installing a telematics device such as Progressive’s Snapshot might see lower rates as long as they are good drivers.
- Professional Memberships – Belonging to a professional or civic organization could qualify you for a break on your next car insurance statement.
- Defensive Driver Discounts – Successfully completing a safe driver class is a good idea and can lower rates depending on where you live.
- Low Miles Discount – Fewer annual miles on your Toyota could be rewarded with discounted prices on garaged vehicles.
- Use Seat Belts – Drivers who require all occupants to use a seat belt can save up to 15% on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- Auto/Life Discount – Not all insurance carriers offer life insurance, but some may give you a discounted car insurance rate on car insurance if you buy some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
Discounts lower rates, but most credits do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only apply to individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. If you do the math and it seems like you can get free auto insurance, it doesn’t quite work that way. Any qualifying discounts should help lower your policy cost.
The information below illustrates the comparison of Toyota Yaris insurance rates with and without discounts. The premium estimates are based on a female driver, no accidents, no driving violations, Ohio state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, homeowner, marriage, multi-policy, safe-driver, and claim-free discounts applied.
The best car insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts can be read below.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including safe vehicle, student away at school, good driver, driver’s education, good student, multiple autos, and multiple policy.
- American Family may have discounts that include multi-vehicle, good driver, mySafetyValet, defensive driver, and TimeAway discount.
- GEICO may offer discounts for military active duty, seat belt use, membership and employees, federal employee, good student, anti-theft, and five-year accident-free.
- 21st Century discounts include automatic seat belts, student driver, air bags, defensive driver, and theft prevention.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for good student, online signing, homeowner, multi-policy, continuous coverage, and online quote discount.
Before purchasing a policy, check with all the companies the best way to save money. Some of the discounts discussed earlier might not apply in your state. If you would like to see a list of insurers that offer discounts in Cincinnati, click this link.
What is the best car insurance company in Cincinnati?
Insuring your vehicle with a good quality car insurance provider can be rather challenging considering how many different insurance companies sell coverage in Ohio. The company rank data displayed below can help you pick which auto insurance companies to look at to insure your vehicles.
Top 10 Cincinnati Car Insurance Companies Overall
- 21st Century
- AAA Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
- Safeco Insurance
- State Farm
- American Family
Compare. Compare. Compare.
We just covered many ways to compare Toyota Yaris insurance rates in Cincinnati. The most important thing to understand is the more you quote Cincinnati auto insurance, the better chance you’ll have of finding the cheapest Toyota Yaris rate quotes. You may even discover the lowest priced car insurance comes from an unexpected company. Smaller companies can often provide lower auto insurance rates in certain areas as compared to the big name companies such as State Farm and Allstate.
Cost effective Toyota Yaris insurance can be bought both online and from local agencies, and you need to price shop both to have the best rate selection. A few companies may not provide online quoting and usually these small insurance companies provide coverage only through independent agencies.
Steps to buying discount Toyota Yaris insurance in Cincinnati
It takes a little time, but the best way to get the cheapest Toyota Yaris insurance is to compare prices annually from insurance carriers in Cincinnati. You can shop around by following these steps.
First, spend a few minutes and learn about how auto insurance works and the measures you can take to keep rates in check. Many rating factors that cause high rates like speeding tickets, accidents and poor credit can be amended by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
Second, obtain price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give rate quotes from one company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agencies can quote prices from multiple companies.
Third, compare the new rate quotes to the price on your current policy and see if you can save money. If you can save some money and change companies, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
Fourth, give notification to your current company of your intent to cancel your current car insurance policy and submit the required down payment along with the signed application for your new coverage. As soon as you have the new policy, safely store the certificate verifying proof of insurance in an easily accessible location in your vehicle.
A good tip to remember is to use similar deductibles and liability limits on every quote and and to get price estimates from as many companies as feasibly possible. Doing this provides a level playing field and a thorough selection of prices.
For more information, take a look at these articles:
- Auto Insurance Basics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Cincinnati Car Insurance Quotes for a Ford Fusion? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Cincinnati Car Insurance Rates for a Ford Explorer? (FAQ)
- Rental Reimbursement Coverage (Allstate)
- New vehicle ratings focus on headlights (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Auto Theft Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Anti-Lock Brake FAQ (iihs.org)