It’s easy to assume that car insurance companies want to keep you from comparing prices. People who shop around once a year will presumably switch to a new company because there are good odds of finding a lower rate. A recent car insurance study revealed that consumers who made a habit of comparing rate quotes saved approximately $865 a year compared to other drivers who never shopped around for cheaper prices.
If finding the lowest price for insurance in Cincinnati is the reason you’re here, then having some insight into how to get price quotes and compare car insurance can help make the process easier.
The recommended way to get the cheapest car insurance rates is to start comparing prices regularly from different companies in Cincinnati.
First, get a basic knowledge of how companies price auto insurance and the measures you can take to keep rates in check. Many things that are responsible for high rates like at-fault accidents and a bad credit rating can be rectified by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
Second, compare prices from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give prices from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agencies can quote rates for a wide range of companies.
Third, compare the new quotes to the premium of your current policy to see if a cheaper price is available in Cincinnati. If you can save some money, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
Fourth, notify your agent or company to cancel your existing policy and submit payment along with a signed and completed policy application to your new carrier. Once the application is submitted, keep your new certificate of insurance in your vehicle’s glove compartment or console.
One tip to remember is that you’ll want to make sure you compare the same coverage limits and deductibles on each quote and and to get price estimates from as many auto insurance providers as possible. This provides an apples-to-apples comparison and a complete selection of prices.
This information will help educate you on how to compare rates easily and also pocket some savings If you have insurance now, you will definitely be able to lower your rates using the ideas covered in this article. Shoppers just need to use the most time-saving way to compare rates online from multiple companies.
All the larger auto insurance companies such as Progressive, Allstate and GEICO make it easy to get price estimates online. This process is fairly straightforward because it’s just a matter of typing in the coverage amounts you desire into the form. Once entered, the quote system collects information on your driving record and credit history and generates pricing information determined by many factors. This makes it a lot easier to compare rates and it’s necessary to have as many quotes as possible in order to get the best possible rates on auto insurance.
To find out if lower rates are available, visit the companies below or click here to submit a quote request to multiple companies at once. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you type in coverages and limits just like they are on your policy. This way, you will receive rate quotes based on similar coverages.
The auto insurance companies shown below provide comparison quotes in Ohio. To get cheap auto insurance in Cincinnati, we suggest you click on several of them to find the lowest auto insurance rates.
Insurance coverage analysis
The price information shown below outlines different insurance rates for Scion xD models. Understanding more about how insurance policy premiums are formulated can assist in making decisions on which coverage to buy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|XD 4-Dr Hatchback||$106||$234||$256||$16||$76||$688||$57|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data rating is based on single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Ohio minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, homeowner, and multi-policy. Rates do not factor in vehicle location which can modify insurance rates significantly.
The example below highlights how deductible choice and can increase or decrease Scion xD insurance costs for different age groups. The rates are based on a single male driver, full coverage, and no discounts are factored in.
Scion xD annual premiums for males versus females
The diagram below visualizes the comparison of Scion xD auto insurance rates for male and female drivers. The premium estimates are based on no tickets, no at-fault accidents, full coverage, $100 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are applied.
Affordable rates with discounts
Buying car insurance is not cheap, but you might already qualify for some discounts to cut the cost considerably. Most are applied at quote time, but a few need to be inquired about before you get the savings.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – By paying your policy upfront rather than spreading payments over time you may have a lower total premium amount.
- Theft Deterrent System – Cars and trucks that have factory anti-theft systems are less likely to be stolen and will save you 10% or more on xD insurance in Cincinnati.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Factory options such as air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may qualify for discounts of 20 to 30 percent.
- Driver’s Education for Students – Have your child complete a driver education course in school or through a local driver safety program.
- Multi-line Discount – Select companies reward you with a lower price if you buy a life policy as well.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts – Cars and trucks that have steering control and anti-lock brakes can avoid accidents so companies give up to a 10% discount.
- Sign Online – Certain insurance companies will provide an incentive shop Cincinnati auto insurance on the internet.
Please keep in mind that some credits don’t apply to the whole policy. Most only reduce individual premiums such as comp or med pay. Despite the fact that it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, you’re out of luck. Any amount of discount will reduce the cost of your policy.
The illustration below compares Scion xD annual premium costs with and without discounts applied to the policy rates. The data assumes a male driver, no claims, a clean driving record, Ohio state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, multi-policy, multi-car, safe-driver, claim-free, and marriage discounts applied.
Larger car insurance companies and some of the discounts include:
- State Farm includes discounts for student away at school, good driver, multiple autos, accident-free, passive restraint, and safe vehicle.
- GEICO discounts include military active duty, anti-theft, seat belt use, good student, air bags, daytime running lights, and multi-vehicle.
- Progressive may have discounts that include homeowner, good student, continuous coverage, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, online signing, and multi-policy.
- 21st Century offers discounts including good student, driver training, 55 and older, homeowners, automatic seat belts, and anti-lock brakes.
- American Family may offer discounts for good student, multi-vehicle, defensive driver, mySafetyValet, and accident-free.
- The Hartford has savings for air bag, bundle, vehicle fuel type, driver training, and anti-theft.
- AAA may include discounts for education and occupation, multi-car, good driver, pay-in-full, good student, AAA membership discount, and multi-policy.
If you are trying to find the cheapest Scion xD rate quotes, ask all companies you are considering which discounts you may be entitled to. Savings might not apply everywhere. To find car insurance companies that offer multiple discounts in Cincinnati, click this link.
Insurance is not optional but you don’t have to overpay
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Scion xD in Cincinnati, insuring your vehicle may be mandatory for several reasons.
- Almost all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific limits of liability insurance coverage in order to be legal. In Ohio these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Scion, most lenders will stipulate that you have comprehensive coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If the policy lapses, the lender will be forced to insure your Scion at a much higher rate and require you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance preserves both your car and your personal assets. It will also provide coverage for many types of medical costs for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability coverage also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit in the event you are sued. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of insuring your xD definitely exceed the cost, particularly for liability claims. According to a recent study, the average American driver overpays more than $869 every year so shop around at every renewal to ensure rates are inline.
What is the best auto insurance company in Cincinnati?
Selecting the top insurance provider can be rather challenging considering how many different insurance companies sell coverage in Ohio. The ranking information shown below may help you select which insurers to look at purchasing from.
Top 10 Cincinnati Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- AAA Insurance
- Erie Insurance
- State Farm
- Liberty Mutual
- Safeco Insurance
- 21st Century
Top 10 Cincinnati Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- Liberty Mutual
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- The General
When should I discuss my situation with an agent?
When buying adequate coverage, there really isn’t a one-size-fits-all type of policy. Your situation is unique.
Here are some questions about coverages that may help you determine whether or not you could use an agent’s help.
- What is covered by UM/UIM coverage?
- How much coverage applies to personal belongings?
- Am I insured when driving a different vehicle?
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
- When would I need rental car insurance?
- Should I drop comprehensive coverage on older vehicles?
- What is an SR-22 filing?
If you’re not sure about those questions but one or more may apply to you, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form. It is quick, free and may give you better protection.
Can’t I compare rates from local Cincinnati auto insurance agents?
Some people just want to buy from a licensed agent and that is just fine! Good agents can help you choose the best coverages and help submit paperwork. A good thing about comparing rates online is that drivers can save money and get cheaper prices and still buy from a local agent. And providing support for local agencies is especially important in Cincinnati.
Once you complete this short form, your coverage information is sent to local insurance agents in Cincinnati who will return price quotes for your insurance coverage. You don’t have to find an agent because prices are sent immediately to you. If you want to compare prices from a specific company, you just need to jump over to their website and fill out their quote form.
Finding a good insurer is decision based upon more than just a cheap price quote. These are some valid questions you should ask.
- How are they compensated?
- If they are an independent agency in Cincinnati, which companies do they recommend?
- Where are claims handled?
- Do they have 24-hour customer assistance?
- Will a damage claim use OEM or aftermarket replacement parts?