It takes a few minutes, but the best way to find low-cost prices for auto insurance rates is to start comparing prices yearly from providers that sell auto insurance in Cincinnati.
- Read about how companies price auto insurance and the measures you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating criteria that result in higher rates such as multiple speeding tickets and poor credit rating can be controlled by making lifestyle changes or driving safer. Keep reading for instructions to prevent rate hikes and find possible discounts that are available.
- Request rate estimates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can give quotes from one company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agents can provide rate quotes from multiple companies. Compare rates
- Compare the quotes to your current policy premium and see if there is a cheaper rate. If you can save some money, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Provide notification to your current agent or company of your decision to cancel the current policy and submit the signed application along with the required initial payment to your new insurance company. When you receive it, put the new proof of insurance certificate in an easily accessible location in your vehicle.
A valuable tip to remember is to try to compare identical deductibles and limits on every quote request and and to get price estimates from all possible companies. Doing this helps ensure a level playing field and a complete price analysis.
Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that nearly 70% of customers have remained with the same insurance company for at least four years, and just under half have never even shopped around for affordable coverage. The average driver in Cincinnati could save $700 a year by just comparing rate quotes, but they don’t want to spend time to shop their coverage around.
The companies in the list below can provide free rate quotes in Cincinnati, OH. To get the best cheap car insurance in OH, we recommend you visit two to three different companies in order to find the lowest rates.
Premium rates and analysis
The coverage information below showcases estimates of insurance policy prices for Dodge Challenger models. Learning a little about how auto insurance prices are figured can assist in making informed coverage decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Price data assumes married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Ohio minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, claim-free, multi-policy, homeowner, and multi-vehicle. Information does not factor in vehicle location which can raise or lower premiums considerably.
The information below demonstrates how choosing different deductibles and can impact Dodge Challenger insurance rates for different age groups. The information is based on a single female driver, full coverage, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Auto insurance premiums by gender
The chart below shows the difference between Dodge Challenger annual premium costs for male and female drivers. The prices are based on a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, comp and collision included, $500 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are factored in.
Comparison of full coverage and liability-only policies
The chart below visualizes the comparison of Dodge Challenger insurance prices with full coverage and liability only. The data is based on no claims or violations, $250 deductibles, single status, and no policy discounts are applied.
Are you wasting money on full coverage?
There is no clear-cut rule that is best for determining when to drop physical damage coverage on your policy, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the yearly cost of comp and collision coverage is more than around 10% of the vehicle’s replacement cost less your deductible, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
For example, let’s say your Dodge Challenger replacement cost is $8,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, the most you would get paid by your company is $7,000 after the deductible is paid. If it’s costing you more than $700 annually for full coverage, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
There are a few situations where buying only liability insurance is not advised. If you still owe money on your vehicle, you have to maintain full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should not eliminate full coverage.
Why you need vehicle insurance in Ohio
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Dodge Challenger in Cincinnati, auto insurance may be required and benefits you in several ways.
- Almost all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific level of liability if you want to drive legally. In Ohio these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your vehicle, it’s most likely the lender will make it mandatory that you buy insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you default on your policy, the bank may buy a policy for your Dodge for a much higher rate and force you to reimburse them a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Auto insurance protects not only your car but also your assets. Insurance will pay for hospital and medical expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, will also pay to defend you in the event you are sued. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of having auto insurance definitely exceed the price paid, especially with large liability claims. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver overpays as much as $825 a year so you should quote rates every year to help ensure money is not being wasted.
What Determines Dodge Challenger Insurance Prices?
Many factors are part of the calculation when premium rates are determined. Some factors are common sense like your driving record, although others are less apparent such as whether you are married or your financial responsibility. Smart consumers have a good feel for the rating factors that are used to determine the level of your policy premiums. When you know what positively or negatively determines premiums, this enables you to make decisions that could result in cheaper rates.
The list below includes most of the major factors utilized by car insurance companies to help set rates.
- High deductibles lower prices – Physical damage insurance, aka comp and collision, is used to repair damage to your Dodge. Examples of some claims that would be covered are a broken side mirror, damage from fire, or theft. Comp and collision deductibles tell how much you are willing to pay if a covered claim is submitted. The higher the amount you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the better rate you will receive.
- Policy add-ons may be wasting money – There are a lot of additional extra coverages that you can buy on your insurance policy. Coverages like rental car reimbursement, towing, and motor club memberships may be wasting your money. They may seem good initially, but if you’ve never needed them in the past think about removing them and cutting costs.
- Save by driving safer cars – Vehicles with good safety scores cost less to insure. Vehicles built for safety result in less severe injuries and any reduction in injury severity means lower claim amounts and cheaper rates on your policy. If your Dodge Challenger has ratings of a minimum an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website you are probably receiving a discount.
- Reserve claims for larger damages – Auto insurance companies in Ohio award the best rates to people who only file infrequent claims. If you file a lot of claims you can definitely plan on increased rates or even have your policy non-renewed. Your car insurance is intended to be relied upon for larger claims.
Tickets and citations cost more than a fine – Your driving record influences premium rates substantially. Having just one speeding ticket or other violation can boost insurance rates by twenty percent. Good drivers receive lower rates than their less careful counterparts. Drivers unfortunate enough to have severe tickets like reckless driving or DUI may be required to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) with their state motor vehicle department in order to prevent a license revocation.
The information below demonstrates how speeding tickets and at-fault claims can impact Dodge Challenger annual premium costs for different ages of insureds. The premiums are based on a single male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
- Long commutes cost more – Driving a lot of miles annually the more it will cost to insure it. The majority of insurers calculate prices based on their usage. Vehicles that do not get driven very much can be on a lower rate level compared to those used for work or business. Having the wrong rating on your Challenger is throwing money out the window. It’s always a good idea to double check that your insurance policy is rated on the right rating data.
Discount Cincinnati insurance quotes
Some insurers don’t list every discount they offer in a way that’s easy to find, so we took the time to find both the well known and the harder-to-find credits available to you.
- Waiver for an Accident – This one is not really a discount per se, but some insurance companies may permit one accident without getting socked with a rate hike as long as you don’t have any claims for a specific time period.
- Memberships – Being in qualifying clubs or civic groups could qualify you for a break on your bill.
- Driver Safety – Successfully completing a class that teaches defensive driving techniques could save 5% or more if your company offers it.
- No Claim Discounts – Claim-free drivers pay much less compared to frequent claim filers.
- Policy Bundle Discount – If you have multiple policies with one insurance company you could save nearly 15% which can help you find cheap Challenger insurance.
- Theft Deterrent – Cars, trucks, and SUVs equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems are less likely to be stolen and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Discount for Low Mileage – Keeping the miles down on your Dodge could be rewarded with discounted insurance rates on garaged vehicles.
- Discount for Home Ownership – Owning your own home or condo can get you a discount because owning a home is proof of financial responsibility.
Policy discounts save money, but most discounts do not apply to the whole policy. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. So even though they make it sound like you could get a free insurance policy, nobody gets a free ride.
The diagram below visualizes the comparison of Dodge Challenger annual premium costs with and without discounts being applied to the rates. Data assumes a male driver, no claims or driving violations, Ohio state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, marriage, homeowner, claim-free, multi-policy, and multi-car discounts applied.
The best insurance companies and the discounts they provide can be read below.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including Steer Clear safe driver discount, passive restraint, safe vehicle, multiple autos, accident-free, and student away at school.
- American Family offers premium reductions for early bird, defensive driver, multi-vehicle, good student, Steer into Savings, good driver, and mySafetyValet.
- GEICO may include discounts for seat belt use, military active duty, multi-vehicle, five-year accident-free, anti-lock brakes, and federal employee.
- 21st Century offers discounts including theft prevention, 55 and older, early bird, anti-lock brakes, automatic seat belts, and good student.
- Progressive has savings for online signing, multi-policy, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, good student, homeowner, and continuous coverage.
When getting free Cincinnati auto insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to each company or agent how you can save money. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not be available in your area.
Buying car insurance from Cincinnati auto insurance agents
Certain consumers would prefer to get advice from a local agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases Good insurance agents are highly skilled in risk management and help in the event of a claim. One of the benefits of getting online price quotes is the fact that you can find better rates and also buy local.
By using this form (opens in new window), your information is immediately sent to insurance agents in Cincinnati who will give competitive quotes for your insurance coverage. You won’t even need to even leave your home as quotes are delivered to you directly. If you wish to get a comparison quote for a specific company, just navigate to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Finding the right insurer requires you to look at more than just a cheap quote. Any agent in Cincinnati should be forthright in answering these questions:
- Will you work with the agent or an assistant?
- How many years of experience in personal auto insurance do they have?
- Can you get a list of referrals?
- Are they paid to recommend certain coverages?
- Do they write coverage based solely on cost?
Different types of car insurance agents in Cincinnati
When narrowing the list to find a reputable agency, you must know there are a couple types of agencies and how they can quote your rates. Car insurance agents in Cincinnati are considered either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Either one can insure your vehicles properly, but it’s worth mentioning the difference in how they write coverage since it could factor into your selection of an agent.
Exclusive insurance agents write business for a single company such as Farmers Insurance or State Farm. These agents are not able to compare rates from other companies so always compare other rates. Exclusive agencies receive a lot of sales training on their products and sales techniques and that allows them to sell at a higher price point.
Listed below are exclusive insurance agents in Cincinnati that are able to give price quote information.
Beth Wilker – State Farm Insurance Agent
8406 Winton Rd – Cincinnati, OH 45231 – (513) 521-0884 – View Map
Agents in the independent channel are not employed by any specific company so they have the ability to put coverage with an assortment of companies and find you the best rates. If your agent finds better pricing, they can switch companies in-house which is easy for the insured. When searching for an agent, we highly recommend that you check rates from at a minimum one independent agency for maximum quote selection.
Below are Cincinnati independent agencies who can help you get price quote information.
Ohio auto insurance company ratings
Finding the right auto insurance company can be challenging considering how many different companies insure vehicles in Cincinnati. The ranking information shown next may help you choose which auto insurers you want to consider purchasing from.
Top 10 Cincinnati Car Insurance Companies Overall
- 21st Century
- AAA Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
- Safeco Insurance
- State Farm
- American Family
Top 10 Cincinnati Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- State Farm
- Safeco Insurance
- American Family
- Titan Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
- Erie Insurance
Cheap car insurance is out there
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, it’s not a good idea to buy poor coverage just to save money. Too many times, an accident victim reduced comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to regret at claim time that the savings was not a smart move. The ultimate goal is to find the BEST coverage for the lowest price.
Discount Dodge Challenger insurance in Cincinnati is definitely available on the web in addition to local insurance agencies, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best selection. A few companies may not have the ability to get a quote online and many times these regional insurance providers sell through independent insurance agents.
We’ve covered many tips how you can find lower-cost Dodge Challenger insurance in Cincinnati. The key concept to understand is the more times you quote, the higher your chance of finding the cheapest Dodge Challenger rate quotes. Consumers may even find the most savings is with a small mutual company. They may cover specific market segments cheaper than the large multi-state companies such as State Farm and Allstate.
More learning opportunities
- Understanding Your Insurance Deductible (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers with Bad Credit in Cincinnati? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Hybrid Vehicles in Cincinnati? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Cincinnati Car Insurance Rates for a Ford Explorer? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for a Ford Escape in Cincinnati? (FAQ)
- Five Tips to Save on Auto Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)
- Avoiding Deer Collisions (Insurance Information Institute)
- Parking Tips to Reduce Door Dings (State Farm)
- A Tree Fell on Your Car: Now What? (Allstate)