The most effective way to get low-cost Volvo C70 insurance is to start doing a yearly price comparison from insurers who provide car insurance in Cincinnati.
Step 1: Spend some time learning about how companies price auto insurance and the things you can control to keep rates low. Many factors that drive up the price like inattentive driving and a poor credit score can be eliminated by being financially responsible and driving safely. This article gives more ideas to help prevent costly coverage and get additional discounts that may be available.
Step 2: Compare price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can give quotes from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agencies can quote rates from multiple companies. Start a quote
Step 3: Compare the new rates to your existing rates and see if you can save money. If you can save money and change companies, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
The most important part of this process is that you’ll want to make sure you compare the same deductibles and limits on every quote request and and to get rate quotes from all possible companies. This ensures a level playing field and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
It’s a fact that insurance companies want to keep you from shopping around. Drivers who compare other rates are very likely to buy a new policy because of the high probability of finding a policy with more affordable rates. A study discovered that consumers who compared rates annually saved about $3,450 over four years compared to other drivers who don’t regularly compare prices.
If finding budget-friendly rates on Volvo C70 insurance in Cincinnati is your goal, then understanding how to get free comparison quotes and analyze insurance can make it simple to find affordable coverage.
The providers in the list below are ready to provide free rate quotes in Cincinnati, OH. If you wish to find cheap car insurance in Ohio, we recommend you visit several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Insurance is not optional in Ohio
Despite the high insurance cost for a Volvo C70 in Cincinnati, buying insurance is required in Ohio but it also protects you in many ways.
- The majority of states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a specific level of liability coverage in order to drive the car legally. In Ohio these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Volvo C70 with a loan, it’s guaranteed your bank will force you to buy insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If the policy lapses, the bank will be required to insure your Volvo at a significantly higher premium and require you to fork over the higher premium.
- Insurance preserves both your car and your personal assets. It will also provide coverage for hospital and medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you are sued as the result of an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, your insurance policy will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of insuring your C70 definitely exceed the price paid, particularly for liability claims. As of last year, the average driver in Ohio overpays more than $869 every year so you should quote rates each time the policy renews to ensure rates are competitive.
Car insurance analysis for a Volvo C70
The information shown below covers detailed analysis of rate quotes for Volvo C70 models. Having a good understanding how policy rates are calculated can help drivers make smart choices when comparing insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|C70 T5 2-Dr Convertible||$170||$344||$140||$10||$42||$706||$59|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data variables include married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Ohio minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, multi-vehicle, homeowner, safe-driver, and claim-free. Estimates do not factor in specific zip code location which can lower or raise price quotes greatly.
The example below highlights how deductible selection and can change Volvo C70 premium costs for different categories of driver ages. Data assumes a single female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no other discounts are factored in.
Cost difference between full coverage and liability
The example below shows the comparison of Volvo C70 auto insurance costs when comparing full coverage to state minimum liability only. The premium estimates are based on no claims, a clean driving record, $100 deductibles, marital status is single, and no additional discounts are factored in.
When to drop comp and collision
There is no set rule to drop physical damage coverage on your policy, but there is a general school of thought. If the annual cost of your full coverage insurance is more than 10% of the replacement cost minus the deductible, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
For example, let’s say your Volvo C70 book value is $4,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most your company would pay you is $3,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If premium cost is more than $300 annually for your policy with full coverage, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
There are some situations where dropping full coverage is not recommended. If you haven’t satisfied your loan, you have to keep full coverage to protect the lienholder’s interest in the vehicle. Also, if you don’t have enough money to buy a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should not remove full coverage.
Affordable rates on Volvo C70 insurance in Cincinnati with these auto insurance discounts
Companies offering auto insurance don’t always list all available discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so below is a list both well-publicized and also the lesser-known credits available to lower your premiums when you buy Cincinnati car insurance online. If you don’t get every credit you qualify for, you could be saving more on your auto insurance.
- Anti-theft System – Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices can help prevent theft and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Senior Discount – Drivers over the age of 55 may receive a small decrease in premiums.
- Military Rewards – Being deployed in the military could mean lower prices.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured – Drivers who insure multiple vehicles on one policy can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- Own a Home – Owning your own home or condo can save you money because it is proof that your finances are in order.
While discounts sound great, it’s important to understand that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the overall cost of the policy. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. So even though they make it sound like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it doesn’t quite work that way.
The information below compares Volvo C70 car insurance rates with and without discounts applied to the policy premium. The costs are based on a female driver, no violations or claims, Ohio state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, safe-driver, marriage, homeowner, multi-policy, and multi-car discounts applied.
If you would like to see a list of insurers that offer multiple discounts in Ohio, follow this link.
There’s no such thing as the perfect car insurance policy
When it comes to buying a policy, there really isn’t a “perfect” insurance plan. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s.
These are some specific questions could help you determine if your insurance needs could use an agent’s help.
- What is motorclub and do I need it?
- Which companies will insure me after a DUI?
- Should I bundle my homeowners policy with my auto?
- How can I get my company to pay me more for my totaled car?
- Where can I find DUI or SR-22 insurance?
- Does my liability insurance cover pulling a trailer or camper?
If you can’t answer these questions, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form. It’s fast, free and can help protect your family.
Ohio auto insurance companies ranked
Ending up with the highest-rated insurance company can be a challenge considering how many companies sell coverage in Ohio. The company ratings listed below may help you decide which auto insurance companies to look at comparing price quotes from.
Top 10 Cincinnati Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- State Farm
- Safeco Insurance
- American Family
- Titan Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
- Erie Insurance
Top 10 Cincinnati Car Insurance Companies Overall
- 21st Century
- AAA Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
- Safeco Insurance
- State Farm
- American Family