Anyone knows that car insurance companies want to keep you from comparing prices. People who get comparison quotes at least once a year will, in all likelihood, switch to a new company because there is a significant possibility of finding a policy with better rates. A recent survey found that consumers who compared prices regularly saved about $3,450 over four years compared to people who never shopped around for better prices.
If finding budget-friendly rates on Nissan Quest insurance is why you’re here, then having some knowledge of how to quote and compare insurance rates can save time and make the process easier.
Truthfully, the best way to find better pricing on car insurance rates in Cincinnati is to regularly compare prices from insurance carriers in Ohio.
- Try to learn about the coverage provided by your policy and the things you can change to prevent rate increases. Many risk factors that drive up the price like careless driving and a not-so-good credit history can be improved by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes. This article gives information to lower rates and get additional discounts.
- Request rate estimates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can provide rates from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can quote prices from multiple sources.
- Compare the new quotes to your current policy to see if you can save by switching companies. If you can save money and change companies, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
A good tip to remember is to try to compare similar deductibles and liability limits on each quote and and to get rates from as many different companies as possible. Doing this guarantees a level playing field and the best price selection.
Cheap companies for Nissan Quest insurance in Ohio
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide price comparisons in Ohio. If your goal is to find cheap auto insurance in Cincinnati, OH, we suggest you visit two to three different companies to get the most affordable price.
Get cheaper Nissan Quest insurance in Cincinnati with discounts
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, but there may be some discounts to help offset the cost. Some of these discounts will be visible at the time of purchase, but lesser-known reductions have to be asked about before you will receive the discount.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles – Insuring multiple cars or trucks on a single policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Government Employees – Employees or retirees of the government could qualify for a slight premium decrease depending on your company.
- No Claims – Drivers who don’t have accidents have much lower rates in comparison with bad drivers.
- Waiver for an Accident – Not really a discount, but companies like Allstate, State Farm and GEICO will turn a blind eye to one accident without the usual rate increase if you have no claims for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Discount for Low Mileage – Low mileage vehicles can qualify you for lower rates due to less chance of an accident.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn a break if you buy a life insurance policy as well.
- Renewal Discounts – Some auto insurance companies provide a discount for buying a new policy before your current coverage expires. You can save around 10% with this discount.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Accident-free drivers can save up to 40% or more on their Cincinnati car insurance quote than drivers with accidents.
- Good Students Pay Less – Performing well in school could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. Most companies allow this discount well after school through age 25.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles are safer to drive and earn discounts up to 10%.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that most credits do not apply to the entire cost. Most cut individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. Even though the math looks like adding up those discounts means a free policy, auto insurance companies aren’t that generous.
If you would like to choose from a list of providers that provide some of the discounts listed above in Cincinnati, click here to view.
There’s no such thing as the perfect auto insurance policy
When choosing the best auto insurance coverage, there really is not a cookie cutter policy. Everyone’s situation is unique.
For example, these questions could help you determine if you will benefit from professional help.
- Can I cancel at any time?
- Are my tools covered if they get stolen from my vehicle?
- Is my teen driver covered when they drive my company car?
- What is motorclub and do I need it?
- Is extra glass coverage worth it?
- I have health insurance so do I need medical payments coverage?
- Does my policy cover me when driving someone else’s vehicle?
- Am I covered when renting a car or should I buy coverage from the car rental agency?
- How much underlying liability do I need for an umbrella policy?
- Am I covered if hit by an uninsured driver?
If you can’t answer these questions but one or more may apply to you, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form.
Shop online but buy locally
Certain consumers would prefer to get advice from a local agent and doing that can be a smart decision A good thing about getting free rate quotes online is the fact that drivers can get cheaper prices and still have an agent to talk to.
By using this quick form, the quote information is emailed to local insurance agents who will gladly provide quotes for your insurance coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to even leave your home due to the fact that quote results will go to you. You can find lower rates and work with a local agent. If you wish to get a comparison quote from a specific company, just find their quoting web page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Picking the best company requires more thought than just a cheap quote. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- If you raise deductibles, how much can you save?
- Do you work with a CSR or direct with the agent?
- When do they do a full risk review?
- Is the agency active in community causes in Cincinnati?
- Do they have 24-hour customer assistance?
- Is auto insurance their primary focus in Cincinnati?
When searching for a reputable insurance agent or broker, there are two types of insurance agents and how they can write your policy. Insurance agencies may be either exclusive or independent.
Agents that elect to be exclusive generally can only insure with one company and examples are Allstate, State Farm and Farm Bureau. Exclusive agents are unable to shop your coverage around so keep that in mind. These agents are trained well in insurance sales and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. Consumers often purchase coverage from exclusives primarily because of high brand loyalty rather than low price.
The following is a short list of exclusive agencies in Cincinnati who may provide you with comparison quotes.
- Richard Curry Jr – State Farm Insurance Agent
4953 Delhi Ave – Cincinnati, OH 45238 – (513) 451-5205 – View Map
- Mike Albrinck – State Farm Insurance Agent
9018 Reading Rd – Cincinnati, OH 45215 – (513) 563-9099 – View Map
- Brad Robbins – State Farm Insurance Agent
3111 Mozart Ave – Cincinnati, OH 45211 – (513) 662-2200 – View Map
Agents that elect to be independent can quote rates with many companies and that enables them to quote your coverage with lots of companies and find you the best rates. To move your coverage to a new company, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you can keep the same agent.
If you need lower rates, you should always compare prices from a couple of independent agencies in order to have the best price comparison. Many can place coverage with smaller companies which may have better rates.
Listed below is a short list of independent insurance agents in Cincinnati that can give you price quotes.
- Iori Insurance Agency
3310 Westbourne Dr – Cincinnati, OH 45248 – (513) 661-2445 – View Map
- Zinser Insurance Agency LLC
5310 Glenway Ave # 1 – Cincinnati, OH 45238 – (513) 451-8898 – View Map
- Dabbelt Insurance LLC
5932 Glenway Ave – Cincinnati, OH 45238 – (513) 451-8050 – View Map
Cincinnati auto insurance companies ranked
Picking the right insurer can be difficult considering how many companies are available to choose from in Ohio. The ranking data in the next section could help you choose which providers you want to consider buying from.
Top 10 Cincinnati Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- State Farm
- Safeco Insurance
- American Family
- Titan Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
- Erie Insurance
Top 10 Cincinnati Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- USAA – A++
- GEICO – A++
- Travelers – A++
- State Farm – A++
- Allstate – A+
- Progressive – A+
- Erie Insurance – A+
- The Hartford – A+
- Nationwide – A+
- Esurance – A+
The best insurance company isn’t always the cheapest
Some insurance providers do not provide online price quotes and many times these small insurance companies prefer to sell through independent agents. Cheaper Nissan Quest insurance in Cincinnati can be purchased on the web and from local insurance agents, and you need to price shop both to have the best selection.
Consumers who switch companies do it for a number of reasons such as questionable increases in premium, lack of trust in their agent, extreme rates for teen drivers and delays in paying claims. Regardless of your reason, switching companies is easier than you think.
When searching for affordable Cincinnati car insurance quotes, never buy less coverage just to save a little money. There are too many instances where drivers have reduced uninsured motorist or liability limits and discovered at claim time that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. The aim is to buy enough coverage at the lowest possible cost while still protecting your assets.
Additional auto insurance information is located below:
- How Can I Save Money on Auto Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much is Car Insurance for a Jeep Grand Cherokee in Cincinnati? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Handicapped Drivers in Cincinnati? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for Uber Drivers in Cincinnati? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for Good Drivers in Cincinnati? (FAQ)
- Reducing Your Risks in a Car Crash Video (iihs.org)
- Safety Features for Your New Car (State Farm)