Has it been a year or more since you last compared quotes for the cheapest Pontiac Solstice insurance in Cincinnati? Do you think you bought an under-performing, overpriced car insurance policy? It’s quite common and many Cincinnati drivers have buyer’s remorse.
It goes without saying that insurance companies want to keep you from comparing prices. Insureds who shop rates annually are inclined to buy a new policy because they have a good chance of finding coverage at a more affordable price. Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that people who made a habit of comparing rates saved approximately $865 annually compared to policyholders who never compared other company’s rates.
If finding budget-friendly rates on Pontiac Solstice insurance in Cincinnati is your objective, then having some insight into the best way to quote and compare coverage rates can help you succeed in saving money.
How to find affordable quotes for Pontiac Solstice insurance in Cincinnati
If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to get affordable auto insurance rates is to do an annual price comparison from insurance carriers in Cincinnati.
- Spend a few minutes and learn about the coverage provided by your policy and the things you can change to lower rates. Many things that cause rate increases like multiple speeding tickets and a negative credit history can be rectified by paying attention to minor details. Continue reading for ideas to help reduce prices and find discounts that you may qualify for.
- Request rate estimates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can only give prices from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can give you price quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Compare the new rates to your existing rates and determine if cheaper Solstice coverage is available in Cincinnati. If you can save some money and decide to switch, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
- Notify your company or agent of your intention to cancel your current coverage. Submit a down payment along with a signed application for your new policy. Don’t forget to keep the new proof of insurance certificate in an easily accessible location in your vehicle.
The critical component of shopping around is to compare the same deductibles and limits on each quote and and to look at all possible companies. This ensures a level playing field and a complete price analysis.
Many insurance companies compete to insure your vehicles, and because of this it can be hard to compare insurers to find the lowest rate on Pontiac Solstice insurance in Cincinnati.
Consumers should take time to do rate comparisons once or twice a year because prices are constantly changing. Just because you had the best price on Pontiac Solstice insurance in Cincinnati on your last policy you can probably find a lower rate today. Ignore everything you know about car insurance because you’re going to get a crash course in the easiest way to find lower rates on car insurance.
If you are insured now, you will be able to shop for the lowest rates using these techniques. Finding affordable car insurance coverage in Cincinnati seems hard but is not really that difficult. But Ohio consumers benefit from understanding the way insurance companies sell online because it varies considerably.
How to get free Pontiac Solstice insurance quotes online
Most larger insurance companies such as Progressive, GEICO, Allstate and State Farm allow you to get price estimates from their websites. Obtaining pricing for Pontiac Solstice insurance in Cincinnati is very simple as you simply enter your required coverages on the page. When the form is submitted, their rating system automatically retrieves reports for credit and driving violations and gives you a price quote based on these factors. This makes it easy to compare insurance prices and it is imperative to perform this step if you want to get the lowest payment possible.
To quickly compare pricing, consider comparing rates from the companies shown below. If you have coverage now, it’s recommended you duplicate the coverage information exactly as shown on your declarations page. Doing this assures you are getting rate comparison quotes using the exact same coverages.
The companies in the list below have been selected to offer comparison quotes in Ohio. If you want the cheapest car insurance in Ohio, we recommend you compare several of them in order to find the lowest rates.
Determine discounts on Cincinnati car insurance
Companies offering auto insurance don’t list all discounts very well, so we researched some of the best known and also the more inconspicuous discounts that may be available.
- Auto/Life Discount – Insurance companies who offer life insurance give better rates if you take out life insurance.
- Multiple Vehicles – Purchasing coverage when you have multiple vehicles on one policy can get a discount for every vehicle.
- No Charge for an Accident – This one isn’t a discount, but companies like GEICO and Liberty Mutual allow you one accident before hitting you with a surcharge so long as you haven’t had any claims prior to the accident.
- Student Driver Training – Have your child enroll in driver’s education in school.
- Student in College – College-age children who are attending college and leave their car at home could get you a discount.
- No Claim Discounts – Insureds with no claims or accidents pay much less as compared to accident-prone drivers.
- Drive Less and Save – Driving fewer miles may allow you to get slightly better premium rates than normal.
Policy discounts save money, but most credits do not apply to the entire cost. Most cut individual premiums such as comp or med pay. Despite the appearance that you would end up receiving a 100% discount, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy. Any amount of discount will bring down your premiums.
For a list of providers with discount car insurance rates in Ohio, click here to view.
Car insurance does more than just repair your car
Despite the high insurance cost for a Pontiac Solstice in Cincinnati, buying car insurance may be required and benefits you in several ways.
- The majority of states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to buy a minimum amount of liability protection in order to license the vehicle. In Ohio these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your vehicle with a loan, it’s guaranteed your bank will have a requirement that you buy insurance to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the lender will be forced to insure your Pontiac at a more expensive rate and require you to pay the higher premium.
- Car insurance preserves both your assets and your car. It will also cover medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are sued as the result of your driving. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance greatly outweigh the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver overpays as much as $700 annually so smart consumers compare quotes at every policy renewal to ensure rates are competitive.
It’s not one size fits all
When it comes to choosing coverage online or from an agent, there really isn’t a best way to insure your cars. Everyone’s situation is a little different and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply.
For example, these questions may help you determine if your situation might need professional guidance.
- When should I remove my kid from my policy?
- Do I have coverage when making deliveries for my home business?
- Which companies are cheaper for teen drivers?
- Is my nanny covered when driving my vehicle?
- Is my camper covered by my car insurance policy?
- Is there coverage for injuries to my pets?
- When should I remove comp and collision on my Pontiac Solstice?
- Can my teen driver be rated on a liability-only vehicle?
- Will I be non-renewed for getting a DUI or other conviction?
- Does medical payments coverage apply to all occupants?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you know they apply to you, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
Getting quotes from local Cincinnati auto insurance agents
Many people still like to get advice from a local agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases The best thing about comparing rates online is you can get cheap car insurance rates but still work with a licensed agent. And buying from local insurance agencies is important particularly in Cincinnati.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is immediately sent to local insurance agents who will give you bids for your car insurance coverage. You won’t need to even leave your home due to the fact that quote results will go immediately to your email address. Get lower rates AND an agent nearby. If you want to get a price quote from a specific insurance company, just jump over to their website and fill out their quote form.
Types of car insurance agents
When searching for a reliable agent, there are a couple of different agency structures and how they are distinctly different. Car insurance agents can be described as either exclusive or independent.
Independent Car Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be independent are not employed by any specific company so they can insure your vehicles with many different companies and get the cheapest rates. If your agent finds better pricing, they simply move the coverage in-house and that require little work on your part.
If you are trying to find cheaper rates, you will want to contact at a minimum one independent agency to have the most options to choose from.
Listed below is a small list of independent agencies in Cincinnati that may be able to give price quotes.
Exclusive agents normally can only provide a single company’s rates such as AAA, State Farm, Farmers Insurance, and Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot give you multiple price quotes so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive agencies are well schooled on their company’s products which can be an advantage.
Below is a list of exclusive agencies in Cincinnati that are able to give price quote information.
Picking the best insurance agency requires you to look at more than just the premium amount. Below are some questions you should ask.
- If you raise deductibles, how much can you save?
- Do they offer claims assistance after hours?
- Do they see any coverage gaps in your plan?
- Do the agents have professional certifications like CPCU or CIC?
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
- If they are an independent agency in Cincinnati, which companies do they recommend?
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
- How much training do they have in personal risk management?