If you want to save money, the best way to save on Pontiac Aztek insurance in Cincinnati is to make a habit of comparing prices annually from companies who provide auto insurance in Ohio. You can compare prices by completing these steps.
Step 1: Try to learn a little about the coverage provided by your policy and the measures you can take to prevent rate increases. Many policy risk factors that are responsible for high rates such as multiple speeding tickets and a not-so-good credit rating can be rectified by making minor changes in your lifestyle. This article provides more details to get cheaper rates and find missing discounts.
Step 2: Obtain price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only give rate quotes from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agents can give you price quotes for a wide range of companies. Compare rates
Step 3: Compare the quotes to the price on your current policy to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you can save money and make a switch, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
A good tip to remember is to compare similar limits and deductibles on every quote and and to look at as many carriers as you can. This provides a fair rate comparison and a complete selection of prices.
A recent NerdWallet.com study revealed that most drivers have remained with the same insurance company for more than four years, and just short of a majority have never even compared quotes to find cheaper rates. Ohio consumers could save $729 every year by just comparing quotes, but they don’t want to spend time to compare rates online.
If you have a policy now or want to find a cheaper company, you can follow these tips to find the best rates without sacrificing coverage. Finding the cheapest coverage in Cincinnati is actually quite simple. Drivers only need to know how to compare rate quotes using one simple form.
All major auto insurance companies allow consumers to get coverage price quotes direct online. Doing online quotes for Pontiac Aztek insurance in Cincinnati is quite easy as you simply enter your coverage preferences into a form. After you submit the form the company’s rating system will order information on your driving record and credit history and generates pricing information determined by many factors. This makes it a lot easier to compare rates and it is imperative to compare as many rates as possible if you are searching for the cheapest price possible.
To compare rates using this form now, compare rates from the companies below. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you input the coverages identical to your current policy. Doing this assures you will get a fair comparison for similar insurance coverage.
The providers in the list below can provide price quotes in Ohio. To locate cheap car insurance in Cincinnati, we recommend you compare several of them to get the best price comparison.
Insurance discounts help lower rates for Pontiac Aztek insurance in Cincinnati
Companies don’t always list all possible discounts very well, so here is a list both the well known and the harder-to-find ways to save on insurance. If you aren’t receiving every discount you deserve, you may be paying too high a price.
- Multi-policy Discount – If you combine your auto and homeowners policies with one insurance company they may give you a discount of at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints – Vehicles equipped with air bags or automatic seat belts may get savings of 25 to 30%.
- Accident-Free Discounts – Cincinnati drivers who stay claim-free pay much less as opposed to insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Home Ownership Discount – Owning your own home or condo can get you a discount because owning a home is proof of financial responsibility.
- New Car Discount – Buying insurance coverage on a new vehicle can get you a discount because new vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
Just know that some credits don’t apply to all coverage premiums. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. Just because you may think all those discounts means the company will pay you, insurance companies aren’t that generous.
The best insurance companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are:
- GEICO may offer discounts for daytime running lights, military active duty, driver training, anti-theft, multi-policy, and air bags.
- Travelers includes discounts for multi-policy, new car, home ownership, save driver, IntelliDrive, and payment discounts.
- Farm Bureau has discounts for safe driver, 55 and retired, multi-policy, driver training, good student, and multi-vehicle.
- Liberty Mutual has savings for new graduate, new move discount, good student, hybrid vehicle, and newly married.
- American Family offers premium reductions for mySafetyValet, accident-free, good student, multi-vehicle, bundled insurance, air bags, and good driver.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including multi-policy, online signing, online quote discount, continuous coverage, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and good student.
Before buying, ask every prospective company how many discounts you can get. Some discounts may not be offered in your state. If you would like to see a list of insurance companies who offer free Pontiac Aztek insurance quotes in Cincinnati, click this link.
Car insurance does more than just protect your car
Even though Cincinnati Aztek insurance rates can get expensive, car insurance is required in Ohio but it also protects you in many ways.
- Almost all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires a specific minimum amount of liability insurance coverage in order to license the vehicle. In Ohio these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a loan, almost every bank will require that you buy insurance to guarantee payment of the loan. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank will be required to insure your Pontiac at a significantly higher premium and require you to pay much more than you were paying before.
- Car insurance preserves not only your car but also your financial assets. Insurance will also pay for medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you are sued as the result of an accident. If your Pontiac gets damaged, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance outweigh the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. But the average driver in Ohio overpays more than $830 a year so it’s very important to do a rate comparison at every renewal to save money.
Different people need different auto insurance coverages
When it comes to choosing coverage online or from an agent, there really is not a perfect coverage plan. You are unique and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply.
Here are some questions about coverages that may help highlight whether or not you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- I have a DUI can I still get coverage?
- Why are teen drivers so expensive to add on to my policy?
- Which is better, split liability limits or combined limits?
- What is GAP insurance?
- Am I covered if I hit my neighbor’s mailbox?
- Should I get collision insurance on every vehicle?
- Does my insurance cover damage caused when ticketed for reckless driving?
If you’re not sure about those questions, you may need to chat with an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or click here for a list of auto insurance companies in your area. It is quick, free and you can get the answers you need.
Compare rates but work with a local Cincinnati insurance agency
A small number of people just want to talk to a local agent and that is OK! Most agents can point out coverage gaps and help file insurance claims. A nice benefit of price shopping on the web is you may find lower rates and also buy local.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this quick form, your information gets sent to participating agents in Cincinnati who will return price quotes for your insurance coverage. You won’t need to leave your computer since price quotes are sent immediately to you. If you have a need to quote rates for a specific company, you just need to go to their quote page and give them your coverage information.
Picking an company should depend on more than just a cheap quote. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
- How will an accident affect your rates?
- Are they able to influence company decisions when a claim is filed?
- Does the agent recommend any additional coverage?
- Do they get extra compensation for selling add-on coverages?
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
- Are they actively involved in the community?
- When do they do policy reviews?