How many times have you said it’s time to compare cheaper Nissan Xterra insurance in Cincinnati? High-priced car insurance in Cincinnati can drain your monthly budget and possibly require you to analyze your spending habits. Doing a rate analysis is a great way to ensure you are getting the best deal.
Shockingly, most car insurance policyholders have stayed with the same insurance company for at least four years, and 38% of customers have never taken the time to shop around. Cincinnati drivers could pocket almost 55% a year by just comparing rate quotes, but most undervalue how much they could save if they changed companies.
Steps to buying affordable Nissan Xterra insurance in Cincinnati
The recommended way to find more affordable car insurance rates in Cincinnati is to compare quotes once a year from providers who provide auto insurance in Ohio.
- Get an understanding of how auto insurance works and the measures you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating criteria that cause high rates such as multiple speeding tickets and an unfavorable credit rating can be controlled by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes. Later in this article we will cover more information to help keep prices low and get additional discounts that may have been overlooked.
- Quote rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can only give rate quotes from a single company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can quote rates from multiple insurance companies. View a list of agents
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing coverage and see if there is a cheaper rate. If you can save money, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Tell your current company to cancel the current policy. Submit a down payment along with a signed application to your new insurance company. As soon as you can, keep the new certificate verifying proof of insurance in a readily accessible location in your vehicle.
One thing to remember is that you use the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on each price quote and and to get rates from as many companies as you can. This provides an accurate price comparison and a better comparison of the market.
Because there are so many insurance providers from which to choose, it can be challenging to find the best car insurance company.
Consumers should take time to check car insurance prices every six months because car insurance prices go up and down regularly. Just because you had the best rates on Nissan Xterra insurance in Cincinnati six months ago you may be paying too much now. You can find a lot of misleading information regarding Xterra insurance online, but you can learn some of the best ways to find affordable car insurance in Cincinnati.
Quoting the best policy in Cincinnati is simple if you know the tricks. Basically, everyone who comparison shops for auto insurance will probably be able to save money. Nevertheless, Ohio car owners must comprehend the methods companies use to determine what you pay and take advantage of how the system works.
Cheapest companies for Nissan Xterra insurance
The providers in the list below offer free quotes in Ohio. If you wish to find cheap auto insurance in Cincinnati, we recommend you click on several of them to find the cheapest auto insurance rates.
Nissan Xterra coverage analysis
The premium table displayed next covers detailed analysis of insurance policy prices for Nissan Xterra models. Having knowledge of how auto insurance premiums are determined is important for drivers to make decisions when shopping your coverage around.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Xterra X 2WD||$170||$234||$306||$18||$92||$820||$68|
|Xterra S 2WD||$170||$234||$306||$18||$92||$820||$68|
|Xterra S 4WD||$170||$234||$306||$18||$92||$820||$68|
|Xterra X 4WD||$170||$234||$306||$18||$92||$820||$68|
|Xterra Off Road 4WD||$194||$298||$306||$18||$92||$908||$76|
|Xterra SE 2WD||$194||$298||$306||$18||$92||$908||$76|
|Xterra SE 4WD||$194||$298||$306||$18||$92||$908||$76|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes single female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Ohio minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, claim-free, multi-policy, homeowner, and multi-vehicle. Price information does not factor in specific location information which can increase or decrease coverage rates significantly.
The example below highlights how deductible choice and can increase or decrease Nissan Xterra annual premium costs for different insured age categories. Data assumes a married male driver, full physical damage coverage, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Price comparison of only insuring for liability
The example below illustrates the difference between Nissan Xterra yearly insurance costs with and without physical damage coverage, medical payments, and uninsured/under-insured motorist coverage. The costs are based on no claims or driving citations, $250 deductibles, single marital status, and no other discounts are factored in.
Deciding between full coverage and liability only
There is no set guideline to stop buying physical damage coverage, but there is a broad guideline. If the annual cost of your full coverage insurance is more than around 10% of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
For example, let’s assume your Nissan Xterra book value is $3,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, you would only receive $2,000 after paying your policy deductible. If you are currently paying more than $200 annually for physical damage coverage, then it might be time to buy liability only.
There are a few situations where eliminating full coverage is not advised. If you haven’t paid off your loan, you have to maintain full coverage to protect the lienholder’s interest in the vehicle. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should not opt for liability only.
Get cheaper rates with discounts
Companies offering auto insurance do not list all possible discounts very clearly, so we researched some of the more common and the harder-to-find discounts that you may qualify for.
- Mature Driver Discount – Mature drivers could receive better insurance rates.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – If you can afford to pay the entire bill rather than paying monthly you can avoid monthly service charges.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Vehicles with anti-lock braking systems have fewer accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- New Vehicle Savings – Putting insurance coverage on a new Xterra can save up to 30% since newer vehicles have better safety ratings.
- Military Discounts – Being deployed with a military unit could be rewarded with lower prices.
- Online Discount – A few insurance companies provide a small discount for buying your policy on the web.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Keeping the miles down on your Nissan could be rewarded with lower premium rates on the low mileage vehicles.
As a footnote on discounts, some of the credits will not apply to your bottom line cost. Some only reduce specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. Just because it seems like you can get free auto insurance, insurance companies aren’t that generous.
The example below shows the difference between Nissan Xterra insurance rates with and without policy discounts. The rate quotes are based on a male driver, no violations or claims, Ohio state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, multi-car, claim-free, multi-policy, homeowner, and safe-driver discounts applied.
A list of companies and a partial list of their discounts are outlined below.
- AAA has discounts for good driver, AAA membership discount, good student, multi-policy, anti-theft, pay-in-full, and education and occupation.
- Progressive may have discounts that include homeowner, multi-vehicle, good student, online signing, multi-policy, and online quote discount.
- State Farm discounts include passive restraint, Drive Safe & Save, good student, accident-free, safe vehicle, and driver’s education.
- Esurance includes discounts for Pac-12 alumni, paid-in-full, Switch & Save, safety device, and anti-theft.
- Nationwide may include discounts for multi-policy, good student, Farm Bureau membership, defensive driving, easy pay, accident-free, and anti-theft.
When getting free Cincinnati auto insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to every company the best way to save money. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not be offered in your state. To find insurers that offer many of these discounts in Cincinnati, click here.
Informed Consumers Can Cut Insurance Costs
Many different elements are part of the equation when you quote your car insurance policy. Some are obvious such as your driving history, but others are more obscure such as your credit history and annual miles driven.
Single vs. married – Having a spouse may earn you lower rates when shopping for insurance. It usually means you are more mature it has been statistically shown that married couples file fewer claims.
Deter theft and reduce prices – Buying a car that has a built-in theft deterrent system can get you a discount on your insurance. Anti-theft features such as tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar can help prevent auto theft and help lower rates.
Big cities mean more claims – Living in less populated areas of the country has it’s advantages when buying insurance. Less people means fewer accidents and lower theft and vandalism rates. Drivers who live in large Ohio cities regularly have traffic congestion and longer commute times. Spending more time driving means more chances of being involved in an auto accident.
Are you male or female? – Over time, data shows that females take fewer risks when driving. However, this does not mean females are better drivers. Females and males get in accidents at about the same rate, but guys have costlier accidents. Men also get more serious tickets like driving under the influence (DUI). Male teenagers cause the most accidents and therefore are the most expensive to insure.
The diagram below shows the comparison of Nissan Xterra auto insurance rates for male and female drivers. The rates are based on no violations or accidents, full coverage, $500 deductibles, drivers are single, and no other discounts are factored in.
Policy claims cost money – Insurance companies in Ohio award the lowest premiums to policyholders who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. If you file claims often, you can pretty much guarantee increased rates or even have your policy non-renewed. Your insurance policy is meant to be used in the event of larger claims.
Fewer miles means better prices – The higher the miles on your Nissan annually the more you’ll pay to insure it. A lot of insurance companies charge rates based on how the vehicle is used. Cars left parked in the garage receive lower rates compared to those used for work or business. It’s always a good idea to double check that your insurance policy shows the proper vehicle usage, because it can save money. Having an incorrect usage rating on your Xterra may be costing you higher rates.
More performance means more cost – The performance of the car you are insuring makes a substantial difference in your auto insurance rates. Small economy passenger vehicles usually are quite affordable to insure, but your final cost has many other factors.
The chart below is based on a married female driver age 20, full coverage with $100 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. It illustrates Nissan Xterra insurance rates compared to other vehicles that have different risk factors.
High coverage deductibles lower premiums – Physical damage protection, also known as collision and other-than-collision, is used to repair damage to your vehicle. Some examples of covered claims are a broken side mirror, damage from fire, and having your car stolen. The deductibles you choose define the amount you are willing to pay out-of-pocket in the event of a claim. The higher the amount the insured is willing to pay, the less your insurance will be.
Insurance losses for a Nissan Xterra – Insurance companies analyze claim trends for every vehicle when setting premium rates. Vehicles that have high amounts or severity of claims will have higher premium rates. The table below outlines the insurance loss data used by companies for Nissan Xterra vehicles.
For each policy coverage, the loss probability for all vehicles, regardless of make, model or trim level, is represented as 100. Values under 100 indicate better than average losses, while values that are above 100 indicate a higher chance of having a claim or statistically larger losses.
|Specific Nissan Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Nissan Xterra 4dr 2WD||57||95||45|
|Nissan Xterra 4dr 4WD||62||100||63||59||77||86|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Insurance can get complicated
When quoting and choosing proper insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there isn’t really a best way to insure your cars. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s.
These are some specific questions can help discover whether or not you might need professional guidance.
- Should I bundle my homeowners policy with my auto?
- Am I covered when driving a rental car?
- Why am I required to buy liability insurance?
- When should my teen driver be added to my policy?
- Can I make deliveries for my home business?
- What is an SR-22 filing?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but a few of them apply then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form.
Buying insurance from Cincinnati car insurance agents
Some people prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and that can be a great decision One of the best bonuses of getting online price quotes is that you can find cheap insurance rates and still choose a local agent. Buying from local insurance agencies is important especially in Cincinnati.
Once you complete this simple form, the coverage information is transmitted to companies in Cincinnati who will give competitive quotes for your insurance coverage. You never need to find an agent on your own since price quotes are sent straight to your inbox. You can find better rates without having to waste a lot of time. In the event you want to compare prices from a specific insurance provider, don’t hesitate to visit that company’s website and fill out the quote form the provide.
The type of car insurance agent you choose is important
When searching for a reliable insurance agency, it can be helpful to understand the different agency structures that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Insurance agencies in Cincinnati are classified as either independent agents or exclusive agents.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents that choose to be independent do not write with just one company so they have the ability to put coverage with a variety of different insurance companies and potentially find a lower price. To move your coverage to a new company, an independent agent can move your coverage and you can keep the same agent.
When shopping rates, you should always get quotes from at a minimum one independent agency in order to compare the most rates.
Listed below are independent insurance agents in Cincinnati who can help you get competitive price quotes.
Hettesheimer Insurance Agency Inc.
3254 Montana Ave #1000 – Cincinnati, OH 45211 – (513) 661-7581 – View Map
2035 Reading Rd – Cincinnati, OH 45202 – (513) 221-1140 – View Map
Dempsey and Siders Insurance Agency
6725 Miami Ave #102 – Cincinnati, OH 45243 – (513) 891-4400 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agencies can only write with one company and some examples include State Farm or Allstate. These agents are not able to compare rates from other companies so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive agents are trained well in insurance sales and that enables them to sell even at higher rates.
Listed below are exclusive agents in Cincinnati that are able to give comparison quotes.
Mark Redmond – State Farm Insurance Agent
7225 Colerain Ave Ste 202 – Cincinnati, OH 45239 – (513) 221-7836 – View Map
Steve Ulmer – State Farm Insurance Agent
3518 Glenmore Ave – Cincinnati, OH 45211 – (513) 662-4300 – View Map
Harold Jones – State Farm Insurance Agent
9816 Springfield Pike – Cincinnati, OH 45215 – (513) 771-6226 – View Map
Deciding on a car insurance agent shouldn’t rely on just a low price. Here are some questions you should ask.
- How long has their agency been in business in Cincinnati?
- Which insurance company do they prefer to write with?
- Can they help ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Who are their largest clients?
- Does the quote include credit and driving reports?
- What discounts might you be missing?
- If you raise deductibles, how much can you save?
- Are aftermarket or OEM parts used to repair vehicles?
Once you have received positive feedback to these questions and a good coverage price, you may have just found a car insurance agent that meets the requirements to service your policy. Keep in mind policyholders can cancel your coverage for any reason so never feel that you are obligated to the insurance policy for a certain time period.
Lower-priced Nissan Xterra insurance in Cincinnati is attainable on the web and from local insurance agents, and you should be comparing both to have the best rate selection. Some companies do not offer price quotes online and most of the time these smaller providers sell through independent agents.
Throughout this article, we presented many ideas to get a better price on Nissan Xterra insurance in Cincinnati. The key concept to understand is the more companies you get prices for, the higher your chance of finding affordable Cincinnati auto insurance quotes. You may even discover the lowest premium rates come from a small local company.
While you’re price shopping online, it’s not a good idea to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. In many cases, someone sacrificed comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to regret at claim time that the savings was not a smart move. Your objective should be to buy the best coverage you can find at an affordable rate, but do not skimp to save money.
Steps to saving money on Nissan Xterra insurance in Cincinnati
If you want to save money, the best way to find affordable Nissan Xterra insurance in Cincinnati is to compare prices annually from different companies in Ohio. You can compare rates by following these guidelines.
- Step 1: Take a little time to learn about what is in your policy and the measures you can take to prevent high rates. Many rating factors that drive up the price like careless driving and a less-than-favorable credit rating can be eliminated by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Step 2: Request price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give prices from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can quote rates from many different companies. Get quotes now
- Step 3: Compare the new rates to the price on your current policy to see if a cheaper price is available in Cincinnati. If you find better rates and change companies, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Step 4: Tell your current company to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit a down payment and signed policy application to your new insurance company. Once the application is submitted, keep the new certificate of insurance in your glove compartment.
An important note is to compare the same deductibles and limits on every quote request and and to analyze as many carriers as you can. This provides an apples-to-apples comparison and a complete selection of prices.
To read more, link through to these articles:
- Keeping Children Safe in Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- How Much are Cincinnati Auto Insurance Rates for a Subaru Outback? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for Homeowners in Cincinnati? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Cincinnati Car Insurance for a Hyundai Elantra? (FAQ)
- New head restraint design cuts injuries (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- What does Personal Injury Protection (PIP) Cover? (Allstate)