It’s hard to fathom, but most consumers renewed their policy with the same company for over three years, and roughly 40% of drivers have never shopped around. Many drivers in Cincinnati can cut their rates by roughly 55% a year by just comparing rate quotes, but they don’t want to spend time to do a rate comparison.
The best way we recommend to find discount auto insurance rates in Cincinnati is to compare quotes annually from providers in Ohio. You can compare prices by following these steps.
- Try to comprehend auto insurance and the steps you can take to lower rates. Many rating criteria that cause high rates like accidents, traffic tickets, and a less-than-favorable credit history can be rectified by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Compare price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give rate quotes from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agents can quote rates from many different companies. View insurance agents
- Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy premium and determine if there is any savings. If you find a better price and switch companies, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
- Provide proper notification to your current company to cancel your existing policy. Submit a down payment along with a signed application for your new policy. As soon as coverage is bound, keep the new certificate verifying coverage in an accessible location in your vehicle.
One thing to remember is to make sure you’re comparing the same level of coverage on every price quote and and to get prices from all possible companies. Doing this helps ensure a level playing field and the best price selection.
All major insurance companies provide coverage price quotes on the web. This process is fairly straightforward because it’s just a matter of typing in your coverage preferences into a form. After you complete the form, the system will order information on your driving record and credit history and returns pricing information.
This makes comparing rates easy, and it’s necessary to compare as many rates as possible if you want to find the cheapest price possible.
If you want to compare rates using this form now, compare rate quotes from the providers shown below. If you have coverage now, it’s recommended you enter the coverages exactly as they are listed on your policy. This helps ensure you will get a fair comparison for similar insurance coverage.
The car insurance companies shown below provide quotes in Ohio. If you want the best cheap car insurance in Cincinnati, OH, we suggest you visit as many as you can to get the cheapest price.
Three good reasons to insure your Mazda MPV
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Mazda MPV in Cincinnati, buying insurance is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
- The majority of states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a minimum amount of liability insurance coverage in order to drive the car legally. In Ohio these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Mazda MPV, it’s guaranteed your bank will make it a condition of the loan that you have full coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank may buy a policy for your Mazda for a much higher rate and force you to reimburse them for the expensive policy.
- Insurance safeguards both your car and your personal assets. It will also provide coverage for many types of medical costs for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, your policy will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of buying enough insurance definitely exceed the price paid, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. The average driver in America is overpaying more than $700 annually so we recommend shopping around once a year at a minimum to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Save money by taking advantage of discounts
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, but you might be missing out on some discounts that can dramatically reduce your bill. Many discounts should be triggered at the time of purchase, but occasionally some discounts must be asked for prior to getting the savings.
- Waiver for an Accident – Not a discount per se, but companies like Liberty Mutual and GEICO will allow you to have one accident before raising your premiums if you are claim-free for a certain period of time.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Buying insurance for all your vehicles on a single policy could earn a price break for each car.
- Buy New and Save – Buying a new car model can be considerably cheaper because new vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Multi-policy Discount – If you have multiple policies with one company you could save at least 10% off all policies.
- Payment Discounts – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time rather than paying in monthly installments you could save up to 5%.
- Data Collection Discounts – Insureds that choose to allow data collection to analyze driving habits by installing a telematics device such as Progressive’s Snapshot and State Farm’s In-Drive could save a few bucks as long as they are good drivers.
- Safety Course Discount – Participating in a class that teaches defensive driving techniques could cut 5% off your bill and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- Paper-free Discount – A handful of companies provide a small discount for buying your policy over the internet.
- Drivers Education – Require your teen driver to take driver’s ed class if it’s offered in school.
- Low Mileage – Low annual miles could qualify for lower premium rates on the low mileage vehicles.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that some of the credits will not apply to the entire policy premium. Most cut specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. So when it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
A partial list of companies that have most of these discounts are:
When quoting, ask each company to give you their best rates. Savings might not be available to policyholders in every state. To see a list of companies offering insurance discounts in Cincinnati, follow this link.
When should I contact a local insurance agent?
Certain consumers prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that is a personal choice. An additional benefit of getting free rate quotes online is that you can find cheap auto insurance rates and also buy local.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this quick form, your information is immediately sent to local insurance agents in Cincinnati who want to provide quotes for your insurance coverage. You never need to leave your house due to the fact that quote results will go to the email address you provide. You can find better rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. If you want to get a rate quote from a specific company, feel free to find their quoting web page and fill out their quote form.
Picking the best provider requires you to look at more than just a cheap price. Before buying a policy in Cincinnati, get answers to these questions.
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
- Is every driver in your family covered?
- How many companies do they write for?
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
- Is auto insurance their primary focus in Cincinnati?
- Does the agent help file claims?
Compare. Compare. Compare.
As you prepare to switch companies, it’s not a good idea to buy less coverage just to save a little money. Too many times, an accident victim reduced uninsured motorist or liability limits only to regret at claim time that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your strategy should be to get the best coverage possible for the lowest price.
We covered many ways to compare Mazda MPV insurance prices in Cincinnati. The most important thing to understand is the more you quote Cincinnati car insurance, the better chance you’ll have of finding cheaper Cincinnati car insurance quotes. You may even discover the lowest prices are with some of the smallest insurance companies.
Insureds change insurance companies for a number of reasons such as high prices, lack of trust in their agent, questionable increases in premium and policy cancellation. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch finding a great new company is not as hard as you think.
For more information, link through to the following helpful articles:
- Neck Injury FAQ (iihs.org)
- How Much is Cincinnati Car Insurance for Postal Workers? (FAQ)
- Distracted Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Understanding your Policy (NAIC.org)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Understanding Rental Car Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)