Amazingly, 70% of consumers have been with the same company for more than four years, and virtually 40% of consumers have never even compared quotes to find affordable rates. Cincinnati insurance shoppers could cut their rates by almost $729 a year just by getting comparison quotes, but they underestimate how much money they would save if they bought a different policy.
If you want to save money, the best way to get cheaper auto insurance rates in Cincinnati is to regularly compare price quotes from different companies in Ohio.
- First, learn about how companies set rates and the factors you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many policy risk factors that drive up the price such as distracted driving and a low credit score can be improved by paying attention to minor details.
- Second, quote rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can provide rates from one company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agents can give you price quotes for a wide range of companies.
- Third, compare the new quotes to your existing rates to see if a cheaper price is available. If you find a lower rate, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Fourth, provide proper notification to your current company to cancel your current car insurance policy and submit the required down payment along with the signed application to your new company or agent. As soon as you receive it, store the certificate verifying proof of insurance in an easily accessible location in your vehicle.
One important bit of advice is to try to compare similar deductibles and liability limits on every price quote and and to get rates from as many different companies as possible. This enables an apples-to-apples comparison and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
Best Mazda 6 insurance rate quotes in Ohio
The following companies have been selected to offer free quotes in Ohio. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you click on several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Mazda 6 insurance charts and tables
The table displayed below outlines different insurance rates for Mazda 6 models. Learning as much as possible about how auto insurance prices are determined can help drivers make decisions on the best policy coverages.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|6 I Sport 4-Dr Sedan||$188||$398||$296||$18||$88||$988||$82|
|6 I SV 4-Dr Sedan||$188||$398||$296||$18||$88||$988||$82|
|6 I Touring 4-Dr Sedan||$188||$398||$296||$18||$88||$988||$82|
|6 I Touring Plus 4-Dr Sedan||$212||$398||$296||$18||$88||$1,012||$84|
|6 I Touring Plus 4-Dr Sedan||$212||$398||$296||$18||$88||$1,012||$84|
|6 I Grand Touring 4-Dr Sedan||$212||$470||$296||$18||$88||$1,084||$90|
|6 S Touring Plus 6 Cyl 4-Dr Sedan||$212||$470||$296||$18||$88||$1,084||$90|
|6 S Touring Plus 4-Dr Sedan||$212||$470||$296||$18||$88||$1,084||$90|
|6 S Grand Touring 4-Dr Sedan||$212||$470||$296||$18||$88||$1,084||$90|
|6 S Grand Touring 6 Cyl 4-Dr Sedan||$212||$470||$296||$18||$88||$1,084||$90|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Cost estimates assume single female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Ohio minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, claim-free, multi-vehicle, homeowner, and safe-driver. Table data does not factor in specific garaging location which can raise or lower prices substantially.
Careless drivers pay higher rates
The information below demonstrates how speeding tickets and at-fault accidents can drive up Mazda 6 auto insurance costs for each different age category. The data assumes a married male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $250 deductibles, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Full coverage versus liability-only
The illustration below illustrates the difference between Mazda 6 insurance premiums with and without physical damage coverage, medical payments, and uninsured/under-insured motorist coverage. The data assumes no claims, a clean driving record, $250 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
When to buy liability coverage only
There is no specific rule that works best for making the decision to drop comp and collision coverage, but there is a broad guideline. If the annual cost of coverage is 10% or more of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
For example, let’s say your Mazda 6 settlement value is $6,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, you would only receive $5,000 after the deductible is paid. If it’s costing in excess of $500 annually for comprehensive and collision coverage, then it’s probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
There are some scenarios where removing full coverage is not recommended. If you still have a loan on your vehicle, you must maintain physical damage coverage in order to satisfy the requirements of the loan. Also, if you can’t afford to buy a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should not eliminate full coverage.
Take policy discounts and save on Mazda 6 insurance in Cincinnati
Car insurance can cost a lot, but you might find some hidden discounts that can dramatically reduce your bill. Certain discounts will be applied at the time of purchase, but a few must be asked about prior to getting the savings.
- Student Driver Training – Require your teen driver to successfully take a driver’s education course if offered at their school.
- Sign Online – Some insurance companies will give a small break for buying your policy on their website.
- Discounts for New Vehicles – Buying a new car instead of a used 6 can cost up to 25% less because new vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to fasten their seat belts can save 10% or more on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- Accident Free – Drivers with accident-free driving histories have much lower rates in comparison to insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
It’s important to understand that most discount credits are not given to the entire policy premium. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So when it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, you won’t be that lucky.
The example below compares Mazda 6 yearly insurance costs with and without policy discounts. The data assumes a male driver, a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, Ohio state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, safe-driver, homeowner, claim-free, multi-car, and multi-policy discounts applied.
Larger insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts include:
- American Family may offer discounts for multi-vehicle, accident-free, TimeAway discount, defensive driver, and mySafetyValet.
- Farm Bureau includes discounts for good student, multi-policy, youthful driver, 55 and retired, driver training, multi-vehicle, and safe driver.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for passive restraint, driver’s education, defensive driving training, multiple policy, and Drive Safe & Save.
- Travelers offers discounts for payment discounts, new car, hybrid/electric vehicle, home ownership, and driver training.
- The Hartford has discounts for vehicle fuel type, anti-theft, good student, bundle, and air bag.
- GEICO may have discounts that include multi-policy, good student, driver training, membership and employees, military active duty, and emergency military deployment.
- Progressive may include discounts for online signing, multi-policy, good student, homeowner, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, and online quote discount.
Before purchasing a policy, check with each company or agent which discounts they offer. A few discounts may not be available in Cincinnati. If you would like to choose from a list of insurance companies that offer the discounts shown above in Cincinnati, click here to view.
You are unique and your auto insurance should be too
When it comes to buying the best auto insurance coverage, there really is not a single plan that fits everyone. Everyone’s situation is unique.
Here are some questions about coverages that might point out whether your personal situation might need professional guidance.
- Should I file a claim if it’s only slightly more than my deductible?
- If my car is totaled with they pay enough to replace it?
- Am I covered if my car is in a flood?
- Am I covered if I hit my neighbor’s mailbox?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount for packaging my home and auto coverage?
- How can I get high-risk coverage after a DUI?
- What exactly is covered by my policy?
If you’re not sure about those questions but a few of them apply, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form.
Exclusive versus independent car insurance agents
Certain consumers would rather buy from a licensed agent and we recommend doing that One of the benefits of getting online price quotes is you can get better rates and still buy from a local agent.
Once you complete this quick form, your information gets sent to agents in your area that can provide free Cincinnati auto insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. You won’t even need to visit any agencies due to the fact that quote results will go immediately to your email address. It’s the lowest rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If you want to compare rates from a specific insurance company, you just need to navigate to their website to submit a rate quote request.
Selecting an insurer requires more thought than just a low price. These are valid questions to ask:
- What will you get paid if your car is a total loss? How is that amount determined?
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
- Are there any hidden costs in their price quote and does it include driving and credit history?
- When do they do a full risk review?
Insurance agent types
If you would like to find a local Cincinnati insurance agent, you should know the different types of agencies and how they can quote your rates. Insurance agents in Cincinnati are classified as either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive agencies can only place business with one company like State Farm, AAA, and Liberty Mutual. These agents are unable to provide rate quotes from other companies so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. They are trained well on what they offer which helps them sell on service rather than price. Drivers often choose to use a exclusive agent partially due to the brand name and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Below is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Cincinnati willing to provide price quotes.
- Richard Curry Jr – State Farm Insurance Agent
4953 Delhi Ave – Cincinnati, OH 45238 – (513) 451-5205 – View Map
- American Family Insurance – Barbara Hall
4010 N Bend Rd Ste 300 – Cincinnati, OH 45211 – (513) 347-9492 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance – Shellie Burke
4734 Vine St – Cincinnati, OH 45217 – (513) 242-2777 – View Map
Independent insurance agents are not required to write business for one company and that enables them to quote your coverage with multiple insurance companies and find the cheapest insurance rates. If you are not satisfied with one company, the business is moved internally and the insured can keep the same agent. When comparing insurance rates, you definitely need to check rates from at a minimum one independent agency to get the best comparison. Most also write with smaller mutual companies which can save you money.
Below is a short list of independent insurance agents in Cincinnati that are able to give rate quotes.
- Kinker-Eveleigh Insurance Agency
7750 Montgomery Rd – Cincinnati, OH 45236 – (513) 891-6615 – View Map
- Henry Insurance Agency LLC
2757 Observatory Ave #22 – Cincinnati, OH 45208 – (513) 871-7700 – View Map
- Dabbelt Insurance LLC
5932 Glenway Ave – Cincinnati, OH 45238 – (513) 451-8050 – View Map
After receiving acceptable answers to any questions you may have and an affordable coverage quote, it’s possible that you found an insurance agent that meets the requirements to properly insure your vehicles.
Cover all your bases
People who switch companies do it for a number of reasons such as delays in responding to claim requests, unfair underwriting practices, delays in paying claims or even denial of a claim. No matter why you want to switch, choosing a new insurance company is not as difficult as it may seem.
As you restructure your insurance plan, you should never buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. Too many times, an insured cut liability limits or collision coverage to discover at claim time they didn’t purchase enough coverage. Your aim should be to find the BEST coverage at the lowest possible cost, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
Cheap Mazda 6 insurance in Cincinnati is available from both online companies and from local insurance agents, so get free Cincinnati auto insurance quotes from both of them to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance providers do not provide online rate quotes and usually these smaller companies work with independent agencies.
More detailed insurance information is located at these sites:
- Rollover Crash FAQ (iihs.org)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Learners Permit in Cincinnati? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Hybrid Vehicles in Cincinnati? (FAQ)
- All About Airbag Safety (State Farm)
- State Laws for Cellphones and Texting (iihs.org)
- How to Avoid Buying a Flooded Car (Insurance Information Institute)