If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to get more affordable Mazda 2 insurance in Cincinnati is to compare prices once a year from insurers who provide auto insurance in Ohio.
- Take a little time to learn about how companies price auto insurance and the measures you can take to drop your rates. Many risk factors that result in higher prices such as accidents, careless driving, and an unacceptable credit rating can be rectified by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility. Keep reading for ideas to help reduce premium rates and find discounts that may have been missed.
- Compare price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only quote rates from one company like GEICO or State Farm, while agents who are independent can quote prices for a wide range of companies. Find a Cincinnati insurance agent
- Compare the new rates to your current policy and determine if there is any savings. If you can save money, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Notify your company or agent to cancel the current policy. Submit the required down payment along with the signed application to your new company or agent. Immediately upon receiving it, put the certificate verifying coverage along with your vehicle registration.
The most important part of shopping around is to try to use identical coverage information on every quote request and and to get quotes from all possible companies. This provides an accurate price comparison and maximum price selection.
Unbelievable but true, almost 70% of drivers in Ohio have stayed with the same insurance company for more than four years, and nearly half have never compared rates from other carriers. U.S. drivers could save almost $850 every year, but they don’t believe the benefits if they switched to a cheaper policy.
Choosing the best rates in Cincinnati can initially seem challenging. If you have coverage now, you will definitely be able to lower your rates using the tips covered below. But Ohio consumers do need to understand the way companies determine what you pay.
When quoting auto insurance, remember that quoting more increases your odds of finding a better price.
The companies shown below are ready to provide free rate quotes in Ohio. If you want cheaper car insurance in Ohio, we recommend you get rate quotes from several of them to find the lowest car insurance rates.
Get discounts to get affordable Cincinnati car insurance quotes
Companies offering auto insurance do not list every discount very clearly, so here is a list both well-publicized and also the more inconspicuous savings tricks you should be using when you buy Cincinnati car insurance online. If you don’t get every credit possible, you could be saving more on your car insurance.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Have your child successfully take a driver’s education course if offered at their school.
- Early Payment Discounts – If paying your policy premium upfront instead of making monthly payments you can avoid the installment charge.
- No Claims – Drivers with accident-free driving histories are rewarded with significantly better rates on Cincinnati car insurance quote as compared to policyholders that have many claims.
- E-sign – A handful of companies may give you up to $50 get Cincinnati car insurance digitally online.
- Good Student Discount – Performing well in school may save as much as 25% on a Cincinnati car insurance quote. This discount can apply up until you turn 25.
- Defensive Driver Discount – Completing a course in driver safety could cut 5% off your bill and make you a better driver.
- Early Renewal Discounts – A few companies allow discounts for switching to them before your current expiration date. It can save you around 10%.
- Lower Rates for Military – Being on active duty in the military may qualify for rate reductions.
- Senior Discount – Older drivers may qualify for lower premium rates.
You can save money using discounts, but many deductions do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. If you do the math and it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, it just doesn’t work that way.
If you would like to see a list of insurers with the best Mazda 2 insurance discounts in Cincinnati in Cincinnati, click this link.
Three good reasons to insure your Mazda vehicle
Despite the fact that auto insurance is not cheap in Cincinnati, auto insurance may not be optional for several reasons.
- Just about all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to buy a specific level of liability coverage in order to be legal. In Ohio these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your 2, it’s most likely the lender will make it mandatory that you have full coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If you do not keep the policy in force, the lender will be forced to insure your Mazda at a much higher premium rate and require you to pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Auto insurance preserves both your Mazda 2 and your assets. Insurance will also pay for medical transport and hospital expenses incurred in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you are sued as the result of your driving. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance definitely exceed the price paid, especially if you ever need it. The average driver in Ohio overpays as much as $850 per year so you should quote rates once a year at a minimum to make sure the price is not too high.
Ohio car insurance companies
Finding a highly-rated insurance company is difficult considering how many companies are available to choose from in Cincinnati. The ranking data displayed below could help you analyze which insurers you want to consider comparing rate quotes with.
Top 10 Cincinnati Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- Liberty Mutual
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- The General
Top 10 Cincinnati Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- USAA – 92%
- Erie Insurance – 88%
- American Family – 88%
- State Farm – 88%
- Nationwide – 88%
- 21st Century – 88%
- AAA Insurance – 87%
- Liberty Mutual – 87%
- Farmers Insurance – 87%
- The Hartford – 87%
When should I discuss my situation with an agent?
When quoting and comparing a policy for your personal vehicles, there really is no best way to insure your cars. Your needs are unique to you.
Here are some questions about coverages that might help in determining whether or not you might need an agent’s assistance.
- Am I covered when using my vehicle for business?
- Is rental equipment covered for theft or damage?
- Do I need replacement cost coverage on my Mazda 2?
- What is the rate difference between pleasure use and commuting?
- How can I force my company to pay a claim?
- Do I pay less if my vehicle is kept in my garage?
- Do I need an umbrella policy?
- What is no-fault insurance?
If you’re not sure about those questions but one or more may apply to you, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form.
Can’t I compare rate quotes from local Cincinnati auto insurance agents?
Certain consumers prefer to have an agent’s advice and that is a smart decision The best thing about comparing rates online is you may find cheap car insurance quotes and still have an agent to talk to.
For easy comparison, once you complete this quick form, your insurance data gets sent to insurance agents in Cincinnati who will give you bids for your coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to search for an agent since price quotes are sent immediately to you. It’s the lowest rates and work with a local agent. In the event you want to compare prices from one company in particular, just navigate to their website and fill out their quote form.
Choosing an company needs to be determined by more than just a cheap price quote. Below are some questions you should ask.
- Will the agent help in case of a claim?
- Will the quote change when the policy is issued?
- Can you contact them at any time?
- Do they write coverage based solely on cost?
- How many years have they been established?
- If they are an independent agency in Cincinnati, which companies do they recommend?
- Where would glass claims be handled in Cincinnati?
If you want to buy car insurance from a reliable insurance agent, it helps to know the two different types of agencies to choose from. Insurance agencies in Cincinnati can either be independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
These type of agents can only quote rates from one company such as Farmers Insurance, American Family, State Farm and Allstate. These agents are not able to place coverage with different providers so keep that in mind. Exclusive insurance agents receive extensive training on what they offer and that can be a competitive advantage.
The following is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Cincinnati that are able to give comparison quotes.
Independent Car Insurance Agencies
Independent agents are appointed with more than one company and that is an advantage because they can write policies with a variety of different insurance companies and potentially find a lower price. To transfer your coverage to a different company, they can switch companies in-house and the insured can keep the same agent. When searching for an agent, you need to compare prices from at a minimum one independent agency for the best price selection.
Below are Cincinnati independent insurance agencies that can give you price quote information.