It takes a few minutes, but the best way to get cheaper Lincoln MKC insurance in Cincinnati is to compare prices once a year from providers who provide car insurance in Ohio. Rate comparisons can be done by following these steps.
- Spend some time learning about how insurance companies determine prices and the things you can control to keep rates down. Many policy risk factors that drive up the price such as traffic violations and a poor credit score can be improved by paying attention to minor details.
- Obtain price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can only provide price estimates from a single company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can quote prices from multiple sources.
- Compare the new quotes to your existing coverage to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you can save money and buy the policy, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Provide notification to your current agent or company to cancel the current policy. Submit payment and a completed application for the new policy. Make sure you place the new proof of insurance paperwork in an accessible location in your vehicle.
The most important part of shopping around is to try to use identical coverage information on every quote and and to look at as many companies as possible. Doing this guarantees the most accurate price comparison and many rates to choose from.
It’s a fact that insurance companies don’t want you comparing rates. Insureds who shop for lower rates will probably switch to a new company because there is a good probability of finding a policy with better rates. A survey found that consumers who regularly shopped around saved $865 annually compared to those who never compared prices.
If finding the best price on Lincoln MKC insurance in Cincinnati is your ultimate goal, then having some knowledge of the best ways to find and compare coverages can make it simple to find affordable coverage.
If you’re already insured, you will most likely be able to lower your rates using these tips. Comparing quotes for the most affordable auto insurance in Cincinnati is easy to do. But Ohio consumers need to learn the way insurance companies determine how much to charge because rates fluctuate considerably.
Best Lincoln MKC insurance prices in Ohio
The companies shown below can provide quotes in Ohio. To find cheaper auto insurance in OH, it’s a good idea that you compare several of them to get the best price comparison.
Save a ton on Lincoln MKC insurance in Cincinnati with these discounts
Auto insurance companies don’t necessarily list the complete list of policy discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so we break down a few of the more well known and also the more inconspicuous credits that you can use to lower your rates.
- Anti-theft Discount – Vehicles equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems prevent vehicle theft and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Accident Forgiveness – Not really a discount, but companies like GEICO, Allstate and Liberty Mutual allow you one accident before they charge you more for coverage if you have no claims for a specific time period.
- Defensive Driving Course – Taking a course that instructs on driving safety could possibly earn you a 5% discount and make you a better driver.
- No Accidents – Drivers who don’t have accidents pay much less as compared to insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Telematics Devices – Insureds that choose to allow companies to spy on driving habits by using a small device installed in their vehicle such as Progressive’s Snapshot and State Farm’s In-Drive might get better premium rates if they show good driving skills.
- Discounts for Federal Employees – Active or former government employment can save as much as 8% with certain companies.
- Military Rewards – Being on active deployment in the military could qualify you for better auto insurance rates.
- Homeowners Savings – Being a homeowner may earn you a small savings because owning a home means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
Don’t be shocked that some of the credits will not apply to the entire cost. Some only reduce individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though you would think you would end up receiving a 100% discount, companies don’t profit that way.
The best auto insurance companies and a selection of discounts are outlined below.
- Farmers Insurance includes discounts for switch companies, bundle discounts, early shopping, multi-car, teen driver, and homeowner.
- Esurance policyholders can earn discounts including paid-in-full, defensive driver, claim free, anti-theft, and online shopper.
- State Farm discounts include multiple autos, student away at school, safe vehicle, Drive Safe & Save, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and anti-theft.
- GEICO offers discounts including good student, anti-theft, military active duty, multi-policy, defensive driver, and driver training.
- Allstate may offer discounts for early signing, good student, farm vehicle, teenSMART discount, safe driver, and resident student.
Before purchasing a policy, check with every company to apply every possible discount. Discounts may not apply everywhere.
Insurance agencies can help
Certain consumers would rather sit down with an agent and that is a personal choice. One of the best bonuses of getting free rate quotes online is the fact that drivers can get the lowest rates and still buy from a local agent.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this short form, your insurance coverage information is instantly submitted to insurance agents in Cincinnati who will give you bids for your insurance coverage. You don’t have to drive around due to the fact that quote results will go immediately to you. You can most likely find cheaper rates and work with a local agent. If you want to get a price quote for a specific company, you just need to jump over to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Deciding on an company should include more criteria than just a cheap price. Any agent in Cincinnati should have no problem answering these questions:
- Are they paid to recommend certain coverages?
- Can you contact them at any time?
- Where would your vehicle be repaired?
- How long have they been in business?
- What is the agency’s Better Business Bureau rating?
- Do the agents have professional certifications like CPCU or CIC?
- Which company do they place the most coverage with?
Car insurance agents in Cincinnati come in two varieties
If you prefer to buy auto insurance from a reliable insurance agent, it can be helpful to understand the types of agencies and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Auto insurance agencies are categorized either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agencies can usually just insure with one company like Farmers Insurance and State Farm. Exclusive agents are unable to provide rate quotes from other companies so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive insurance agents are very knowledgeable on what they offer which helps them sell on service rather than price. Some people will only use the same exclusive agent partially due to loyalty to the company and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
The following are Cincinnati exclusive insurance agencies who can help you get comparison quotes.
- Greg Meinberg – State Farm Insurance Agent
3322 Erie Ave #102 – Cincinnati, OH 45208 – (513) 533-1661 – View Map
- Brad Robbins – State Farm Insurance Agent
3111 Mozart Ave – Cincinnati, OH 45211 – (513) 662-2200 – View Map
- Mark Redmond – State Farm Insurance Agent
7225 Colerain Ave Ste 202 – Cincinnati, OH 45239 – (513) 221-7836 – View Map
Independent Auto Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be independent do not work for one specific company so as a result can place your coverage with a variety of different insurance companies and find the cheapest auto insurance rates. If prices rise, your agent can switch companies and you don’t have to do anything. When searching for an agent, you definitely need to get quotes from several independent insurance agents so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare. Most can insure with different regional companies which may have better rates.
Shown below is a list of independent agents in Cincinnati willing to provide price quotes.
- Christenson Lewis Insurance Agency
4484 Mt Carmel Tobasco Rd – Cincinnati, OH 45244 – (513) 528-4222 – View Map
- Duffy Insurance Agency
7611 Cheviot Rd – Cincinnati, OH 45247 – (513) 861-5500 – View Map
- Meissner Insurance Agency
3710 Harrison Ave – Cincinnati, OH 45211 – (513) 661-4426 – View Map
Cincinnati auto insurance company ratings
Buying coverage from a high-quality insurer is hard considering how many companies sell insurance in Ohio. The ranking data shown next may help you select which coverage providers to look at buying from.
|Company||Value||Customer Service||Claims||Customer Satisfaction||A.M Best Rating||Overall Score|
|Compare Rates Now Go|
Data Source: Insure.com Best Car Insurance Companies
Don’t give up on affordable rates
As you shop your coverage around, it’s not a good idea to skimp on coverage in order to save money. In many cases, an insured cut uninsured motorist or liability limits to discover at claim time they didn’t have enough coverage. Your objective should be to purchase plenty of coverage at a price you can afford while still protecting your assets.
Throughout this article, we presented a lot of ways to get a better price on Lincoln MKC insurance in Cincinnati. It’s most important to understand that the more rate comparisons you have, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest prices are with a smaller regional carrier.
Consumers leave their current company for any number of reasons including extreme rates for teen drivers, lack of trust in their agent, delays in paying claims or policy non-renewal. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch finding a great new company is easier than you think.
Additional information is located at these links:
- Hybrid vehicles cost insurers more (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- How Much is Car Insurance for a Jeep Grand Cherokee in Cincinnati? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Drivers with Accidents in Cincinnati? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for Lyft Drivers in Cincinnati? (FAQ)
- Reducing Your Risks in a Car Crash Video (iihs.org)
- Safety Features for Your New Car (State Farm)