Do you get frustrated by the wide range of insurance providers available to you? Many other drivers are as well. Vehicle owners have such a large number of options that it can easily become a real challenge to lower your insurance rates for Kia Soul EV insurance in Cincinnati. Cincinnati has many things to offer, but pricey insurance makes it impossible to afford proper coverage amounts.
Astonishing but true, almost 70% of drivers in Ohio have bought insurance from the same company for a minimum of four years, and almost half have never compared quotes from other companies. American drivers can save 46.5% each year just by getting comparison quotes, but they just feel it’s too hard to compare rate quotes.
Cheapest auto insurance in Cincinnati, OH
The companies shown below are ready to provide free rate quotes in Ohio. If you want the best auto insurance in Cincinnati, OH, we suggest you compare several of them to get the cheapest price.
Car insurance discounts help lower rates for Kia Soul EV insurance in Cincinnati
Companies that sell car insurance do not list their entire list of discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so the list below contains some of the more common and the harder-to-find discounts that may be available.
- Low Miles Discount – Low annual miles may allow you to get discounted car insurance rates on garaged vehicles.
- Service Members Pay Less – Being on active duty in the military may qualify for rate reductions.
- Auto/Home Discount – When you have multiple policies and place coverage with the same company you may save 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Resident Student – Older children living away from Cincinnati attending college without a vehicle on campus may qualify for this discount.
- Paperless Signup – Some insurance companies provide a small discount for buying a policy and signing up online.
- Good Grades Discount – A discount for being a good student can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. The good student discount can last up to age 25.
- Accident Free – Claim-free drivers can save substantially when compared to accident-prone drivers.
One thing to note about discounts is that most discount credits are not given to the entire policy premium. Most only apply to individual premiums such as comp or med pay. Just because it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, car insurance companies aren’t that generous.
A list of car insurance companies and a selection of discounts are outlined below.
- Farmers Insurance has discounts for homeowner, business and professional, bundle discounts, pay in full, youthful driver, and mature driver.
- State Farm includes discounts for accident-free, good driver, multiple autos, safe vehicle, defensive driving training, multiple policy, and good student.
- Liberty Mutual may have discounts that include good student, hybrid vehicle, exclusive group savings, new graduate, multi-car, preferred payment discount, and new vehicle discount.
- MetLife offers premium reductions for defensive driver, good student, good driver, claim-free, multi-policy, and accident-free.
- Progressive has savings for homeowner, continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, online quote discount, good student, and online signing.
It’s a good idea to ask each insurance company which discounts they offer. Depending on the company, some discounts might not be offered in every state. If you would like to choose from a list of companies that offer some of these discounts in Ohio, click here.
Compare prices but buy from a local Cincinnati insurance agency
A small number of people would prefer to have an agent’s advice and that is a personal choice. One of the benefits of comparing rates online is that you can find cheap car insurance rates and still have an agent to talk to.
Upon completion of this short form, your information gets sent to companies in Cincinnati who will return price quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no need to contact any agents since price quotes are sent to you. It’s the lowest rates without requiring a lot of work. If for some reason you want to quote rates from a specific car insurance provider, just jump over to their website and submit a quote form there.
Picking an provider requires more thought than just a cheap price quote. Any agent in Cincinnati should be willing to answer these questions.
- Is there a local claims center in Cincinnati?
- How are they compensated?
- Is auto insurance their primary focus in Cincinnati?
- When do they do policy reviews?
- How would your car be valued if totaled?
- Which companies do they recommend if they are an independent agency?
Types of car insurance agents in Cincinnati
When searching for a good Cincinnati insurance agent, it can be helpful to understand the different agency structures that you can choose from. Cincinnati agents can be classified as either independent agents or exclusive agents.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be exclusive work for only one company and examples are AAA, State Farm, Farmers Insurance, and Allstate. Exclusive agencies are unable to shop your coverage around so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive agents are highly trained on their company’s products which aids in selling service over price. Drivers often use the same exclusive agent mostly because of the prominent brand name and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
The following are Cincinnati exclusive agencies who can help you get comparison quotes.
- Jackie Meadows – State Farm Insurance Agent
2036 8 Mile Rd – Cincinnati, OH 45244 – (513) 474-4940 – View Map
- Rick Wertz – State Farm Insurance Agent
7736 Beechmont Ave – Cincinnati, OH 45255 – (513) 231-0100 – View Map
- Mark Redmond – State Farm Insurance Agent
7225 Colerain Ave Ste 202 – Cincinnati, OH 45239 – (513) 221-7836 – View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents that elect to be independent often have affiliation with several companies and that enables them to quote your coverage through many companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If your premiums go up, they simply move the coverage in-house and the insured can keep the same agent. If you need lower rates, it’s a good idea to get rate quotes from several independent agencies so that you can do a thorough price comparison. They often place coverage with small mutual carriers which may have better rates.
The following is a short list of independent insurance agents in Cincinnati willing to provide price quote information.
- Rick Hensley Insurance Agency
747 Ohio Pike – Cincinnati, OH 45245 – (513) 797-8300 – View Map
- Henry Insurance Agency LLC
2757 Observatory Ave #22 – Cincinnati, OH 45208 – (513) 871-7700 – View Map
- R G Mc Graw Insurance Inc
324 E 4th St – Cincinnati, OH 45202 – (513) 381-7881 – View Map
Cheaper auto insurance premiums are possible
We’ve covered many tips how you can get a better price on Kia Soul EV insurance in Cincinnati. The key concept to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the better chance you’ll have of finding inexpensive Cincinnati car insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the best car insurance rates are with some of the lesser-known companies.
Drivers who switch companies do it for any number of reasons including denial of a claim, high prices, poor customer service or an unsatisfactory settlement offer. Regardless of your reason, choosing a new insurance company can be pretty painless.
Some auto insurance companies may not have online rate quotes and most of the time these regional insurance providers prefer to sell through independent insurance agents. Cost effective Kia Soul EV insurance can be bought online in addition to many Cincinnati insurance agents, so you should compare both to have the best rate selection.
How to save money on Kia Soul EV insurance in Cincinnati
If you want to save money, the best way to get low-cost car insurance rates in Cincinnati is to make a habit of regularly comparing prices from providers in Ohio.
- Try to comprehend individual coverages and the modifications you can make to keep rates down. Many rating factors that drive up the price like traffic tickets, fender benders, and an unacceptable credit history can be eliminated by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Compare prices from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can provide rates from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agencies can provide rate quotes from multiple sources.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing rates to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you can save some money and switch companies, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Notify your agent or company to cancel your current coverage and submit the application along with any required down payment to the new insurer. As soon as you can, store the certificate verifying proof of insurance with your vehicle’s registration.
The most important part of this process is to use the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on every price quote and and to get price quotes from every insurance company. Doing this ensures a fair rate comparison and a complete rate analysis.
Much more information about auto insurance in Ohio can be found at these links:
- Reducing Your Risks in a Car Crash Video (iihs.org)
- Who Has the Cheapest Cincinnati Auto Insurance Rates for Active Military? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Cincinnati Auto Insurance for State Employees? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Cincinnati Car Insurance Rates for a Dodge Ram? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Hybrid Vehicles in Cincinnati? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Good Students in Cincinnati? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for a Ford Escape in Cincinnati? (FAQ)
- Property Damage Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Rollover Crash FAQ (iihs.org)