The recommended way to get cheaper Kia Sorento insurance in Cincinnati is to regularly compare prices from different companies in Ohio.
Step 1: Try to comprehend how auto insurance works and the changes you can make to keep rates low. Many policy risk factors that result in higher prices like getting speeding tickets and a less-than-favorable credit history can be remedied by making minor changes in your lifestyle. Later in this article we will cover tips to get better rates and find discounts that you may qualify for.
Step 2: Obtain price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can provide rates from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes from multiple sources. Select a company
Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy premium and see if you can save money. If you find a lower rate and decide to switch, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
Step 4: Provide proper notification to your current company to cancel your existing policy. Submit a down payment along with a signed application to your new insurance company. As soon as coverage is bound, safely store the certificate verifying proof of insurance in an accessible location in your vehicle.
A tip to remember is to compare identical deductibles and limits on each price quote and and to get quotes from all possible companies. Doing this helps ensure an apples-to-apples comparison and a complete rate analysis.
Smart shoppers know that insurance companies don’t want policyholders to compare prices from other companies. Drivers who shop around for cheaper price quotes are likely to switch insurance companies because there is a good chance of finding more affordable rates. A study discovered that drivers who compared rates regularly saved approximately $865 a year compared to those who never shopped around for better prices.
If finding the cheapest price for auto insurance is why you’re reading this, then having a grasp of the best way to compare cheaper coverage can help make the process easier and more efficient.
How to buy Kia Sorento insurance online
Finding more affordable Kia Sorento auto insurance prices can be surprisingly simple. All you need to do is spend a few minutes on the computer to get quotes online with multiple companies.
The companies shown below provide free rate quotes in Cincinnati, OH. If you want the best cheap auto insurance in Cincinnati, we suggest you get rate quotes from several of them in order to find the most competitive rates.
Why you need quality insurance for your Kia vehicle
Despite the potentially high cost of Kia Sorento insurance, insurance may not be optional for several reasons.
- Almost all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires specific minimum amounts of liability insurance coverage if you want to drive legally. In Ohio these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Kia Sorento, almost every bank will force you to carry insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the lender will be forced to insure your Kia at an extremely high rate and force you to pay much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance preserves both your Kia and your assets. Insurance will also pay for hospital and medical expenses incurred in an accident. Liability coverage will also pay for a defense attorney if you are sued as the result of your driving. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance more than offset the price you pay, particularly if you ever have a claim. As of last year, the average driver in Ohio overpays more than $865 each year so you should quote rates every year to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Kia Sorento Insurance Rates Can Be Reduced
One of the most helpful ways to save on insurance is to to have a grasp of some of the factors that come into play when calculating the price you pay for insurance. If you have a feel for what determines premiums, this enables informed choices that may reward you with big savings. Lots of things are considered when pricing auto insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious like your driving record, but some are more transparent like where you live or your vehicle rating.
The following are a partial list of the pieces used by your company to calculate your premiums.
- Alarm systems lower insurance rates – Choosing to buy a car that has a built-in theft deterrent system can save you some money. Advanced theft deterrents such as LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM’s OnStar system can help prevent auto theft and help lower rates.
- Cheaper rates by combining – Most larger insurance companies afford lower prices to policyholders that purchase more than one policy in the form of a multi-policy discount. The discount can be 10 percent or more. Even if you qualify for this discount already, drivers will still want to check prices from other companies to help guarantee you have the best rates.
- Drive lots and pay more – Driving more miles in a year the higher your rate. A lot of companies price each vehicle’s coverage based upon how the vehicle is primarily used. Cars and trucks that are left in the garage get more affordable rates as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. Having an incorrect usage rating on your Sorento can result in significantly higher rates. It’s a good idea to make sure your vehicle rating is rated on the correct usage, because it can save money.
- Are women or men drivers cheaper? – Over time, data shows females are less aggressive when driving. However, don’t assume that women are better drivers. Both genders tend to get into at-fault accidents in similar numbers, but the males tend to have higher claims. Men also statistically get cited for more serious violations like DUI and reckless driving. Teenage male drivers tend to get in the most accidents and therefore pay the highest rates.
- Higher premiums for policy lapses – Driving without insurance coverage in place is illegal and companies may charge more for letting your coverage cancel without a new policy in place. In addition to paying higher premiums, the inability to provide proof of insurance could result in a revoked license or a big fine. You may have to prove you have insurance by filing a SR-22 with the Ohio motor vehicle department to get your license reinstated.
- The higher your credit rating the lower your rates – Having a bad credit rating is a big factor in calculating your premium rate. Therefore, if your credit rating is low, you could pay less to insure your Kia Sorento by spending a little time repairing your credit. Consumers who have excellent credit scores tend to be more responsible than those with poor credit.
- Use but don’t abuse your insurance – If you file a lot of claims you can pretty much guarantee either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Car insurance companies in Ohio generally give the best rates to insureds who do not file claims often. Your car insurance is meant to be used in the event of larger claims.
- Pay more if you have a long commute – Residing in less populated areas of the country has it’s advantages when trying to find low car insurance rates. Urban drivers tend to have more auto accidents and more time behind the wheel. Fewer drivers means fewer accidents in addition to fewer liability claims.
Kia Sorento insurance loss statistics – Companies use statistical claims data to calculate a price that will offset losses. Vehicles that the statistics show to have a higher amount or frequency of claims will have higher rates.
The table below illustrates the historical loss data for Kia Sorento vehicles. For each policy coverage type, the claim amount for all vehicles, regardless of make or model, is represented as 100. Numbers under 100 are indicative of better than average losses, while values over 100 point to more losses or an increased chance of a larger loss.
Car Insurance Loss Data for Kia Sorento Models Specific Kia Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Kia Sorento 4dr 2WD 80 86 82 110 111 94 Kia Sorento 4dr 4WD 85 87 101 97 98 85BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Cincinnati insurance discounts
Auto insurance companies don’t list every discount available very clearly, so we break down a few of the more well known and also the lesser-known credits that you can use to lower your rates.
- No Accidents – Cincinnati drivers who stay claim-free pay much less compared to accident-prone drivers.
- Cincinnati Homeowners Discount – Owning a home in Cincinnati can get you a discount because of the fact that having a home is proof that your finances are in order.
- Save with a New Car – Buying a new car model can get you a discount due to better safety requirements for newer models.
- Driver Safety – Taking time to complete a safe driver course could possibly earn you a 5% discount and also improve your driving technique.
- Low Mileage – Maintaining low annual mileage can earn cheaper prices.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts – Buying insurance for more than one vehicle with the same company can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- Student Driver Training – Have your child enroll in driver’s education in high school.
- Paperless Signup – Some of the larger companies will provide an incentive for buying your policy online.
- Bundled Policy Discount – If you can combine your auto and homeowners policy and insure them with the same company you may earn nearly 15% which can help you find inexpensive Kia Sorento insurance in Cincinnati.
A quick disclaimer, many deductions do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. So even though it sounds like adding up those discounts means a free policy, companies don’t profit that way.
If you would like to view insurance companies who offer cheap Kia Sorento insurance quotes in Cincinnati in Cincinnati, click here to view.
Should I have guidance from an insurance agent?
Certain consumers just want to sit down and talk to an agent and that can be a smart move Professional insurance agents can make sure you are properly covered and help submit paperwork. The best thing about price shopping on the web is the fact that drivers can get the lowest rates and still buy from a local agent.
After filling out this short form, your insurance coverage information is emailed to agents in your area that give free quotes for your car insurance coverage. There is no reason to do any legwork due to the fact that quote results will go to your email. In the event you want to get a rate quote for a specific company, feel free to visit that company’s website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Finding the right insurance company shouldn’t rely on just the bottom line cost. You should also get answers to these questions.
- Do the coverages you’re quoting properly cover your vehicle?
- Does the agency support the community they serve?
- Will a damage claim use OEM or aftermarket replacement parts?
- Do they specialize in personal lines coverage in Cincinnati?
- Is the agent and/or agency licensed to do business in Ohio?
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
- Do they have advanced training designations such as CPCU, AAI, AIC, or CIC?
Two different types of car insurance agents
If you need to find a local Cincinnati insurance agency, it can be helpful to understand the different types of agencies and how they can service your needs differently. Car insurance policy providers are either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Both insure your vehicles, but it’s a good idea to understand the differences since it may influence the selection process.
Agents that choose to be exclusive are contracted to one company such as State Farm, Allstate and AAA. Exclusive agents cannot compare rates from other companies so they have no alternatives for high prices. These agents are well schooled in insurance sales which can be an advantage. Some consumers prefer to choose to use a exclusive agent primarily because of the prominence of the brand and strong financial ratings.
Shown below are exclusive insurance agents in Cincinnati that can give you rate quotes.
- American Family Insurance – Barbara Hall
4010 N Bend Rd Ste 300 – Cincinnati, OH 45211 – (513) 347-9492 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Marianne Geiger
4204 Plainville Rd – Cincinnati, OH 45227 – (513) 808-4811 – View Map
- Connor Smith – State Farm Insurance Agent
9620 Colerain Ave #25 – Cincinnati, OH 45251 – (513) 385-3385 – View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents of this type do not write with just one company and that allows them to write policies with lots of companies and find the cheapest rate. If you are not satisfied with one company, your agent can switch companies and you stay with the same agent.
If you are comparing rate quotes, you will want to get several quotes from multiple independent agents to have the best price comparison. Many write coverage with smaller regional carriers that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
The following are independent agents in Cincinnati that can give you rate quotes.
- Zinser Insurance Agency LLC
5310 Glenway Ave # 1 – Cincinnati, OH 45238 – (513) 451-8898 – View Map
- Advantage Insurance Network LLC
4739 Delhi Ave – Cincinnati, OH 45238 – (513) 922-9460 – View Map
- Kent Insurance Inc
7520 Montgomery Rd # 2 – Cincinnati, OH 45236 – (513) 791-6060 – View Map
Budget-friendly auto insurance in Cincinnati can be sourced both online as well as from insurance agents, so you need to quote Cincinnati car insurance with both to get a complete price analysis. Some auto insurance companies may not have the ability to get a quote online and these small insurance companies prefer to sell through independent insurance agents.
Drivers switch companies for a variety of reasons including denial of a claim, extreme rates for teen drivers, delays in responding to claim requests and being labeled a high risk driver. It doesn’t matter what your reason, finding a new company can be easy and end up saving you some money.
We covered some good ideas how you can save on Kia Sorento insurance in Cincinnati. It’s most important to understand that the more providers you compare, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even discover the lowest car insurance rates come from a small mutual company.
Additional auto insurance information can be read on the following sites:
- Reducing Your Risks in a Car Crash Video (iihs.org)
- Who Has the Cheapest Cincinnati Auto Insurance for Unemployed Drivers? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Handicapped Drivers in Cincinnati? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for a Company Car in Cincinnati? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Hybrid Vehicles in Cincinnati? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for College Students in Cincinnati? (FAQ)
- Winter Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- Learn About Car Insurance (GEICO)
- Front crash protection reduces rear-end crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)