It’s hard to fathom, but almost 70% of drivers kept their policy with the same company for at least the last four years, and nearly the majority have never taken the time to shop around. Most drivers in Ohio could save 55% each year just by comparing rates, but they won’t spend time to shop their coverage around.
Really, the only way to get budget Kia Amanti insurance in Cincinnati is to start doing an annual price comparison from insurance carriers in Ohio.
- Read about how companies set rates and the factors you can control to prevent high rates. Many things that are responsible for high rates like high-risk driving behaviors and an unacceptable credit history can be improved by making minor changes to your lifestyle. Keep reading for instructions to prevent expensive rate increases and find available discounts that you may qualify for.
- Request price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give rate quotes from a single company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agents can provide rate quotes from multiple insurance companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy premium and determine if cheaper Amanti coverage is available in Cincinnati. If you find better rates, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
One thing to remember is to try to use the same deductibles and limits on every quote and and to get rate quotes from every insurance company. This helps ensure a level playing field and a complete price analysis.
First Step: Get free Kia Amanti insurance quotes
There are several ways to obtain and compare prices from auto insurance companies in your area. By far the easiest way to find the cheapest Kia Amanti insurance rates consists of obtaining rate quotes online.
Comparing price quotes online is fast and free, and it makes it obsolete to call or drive to and from local Cincinnati insurance agencies. The ability to quote Kia Amanti insurance online has reduced the need for local agents unless you’re the type of person who wants the extra assistance of a licensed agent. Although, it is possible get the lowest quotes online but purchase the actual policy in an agency.
Just keep in mind that obtaining a wide range of quotes helps locate a lower rate.
The providers in the list below offer free rate quotes in Cincinnati, OH. If you wish to find cheap auto insurance in Ohio, we suggest you visit two to three different companies in order to find the lowest rates.
Protect more than your Amanti
Despite the high cost, insuring your vehicle may not be optional for several reasons.
- The majority of states have minimum liability requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a minimum amount of liability coverage in order to be legal. In Ohio these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Kia, it’s most likely the lender will force you to buy insurance to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If the policy lapses, the lender will be forced to insure your Kia at a more expensive rate and make you pay the higher price.
- Insurance preserves your Kia Amanti and your assets. Insurance will also pay for medical bills for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you are sued as the result of your driving. If you have damage to your Kia as the result of the weather or an accident, your policy will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of insuring your Amanti definitely exceed the cost, particularly for liability claims. On average, a vehicle owner in Cincinnati is wasting up to $800 each year so you should quote your policy with other companies at least once a year to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Check for these ten money saving discounts
Car insurance is not an enjoyable expense, but you may qualify for discounts to reduce the price significantly. A few discounts will automatically apply at the time you complete a quote, but a few must be specifically requested in order for you to get them.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints – Options like air bags or motorized seat belts may earn rate discounts of 20 to 30 percent.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts – Drivers who insure multiple cars or trucks on a single policy could earn a price break for each car.
- Accident-Free Discounts – Good drivers with no accidents pay less when compared with insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Anti-theft System – Cars, trucks, and SUVs equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems are less likely to be stolen and will save you 10% or more on Amanti insurance in Cincinnati.
- Policy Bundle Discount – When you have multiple policies with one insurance company you may earn at least 10% off all policies.
- Distant College Student Discount – College-age children who are enrolled in higher education away from home and do not take a car to college can receive lower rates.
- Membership in Organizations – Having an affiliation with a civic or occupational organization in Cincinnati may earn a discount when getting a Cincinnati auto insurance quote.
- Safety Restraint Discount – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to fasten their seat belts can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) off the medical payments premium.
- Home Ownership Discount – Owning a house in Cincinnati can help you save on car insurance since home ownership requires a higher level of personal finance.
- Low Miles Discount – Keeping the miles down on your Kia could qualify for substantially lower car insurance rates.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that many deductions do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. If you do the math and it seems like you can get free auto insurance, it doesn’t quite work that way.
Insurance companies that have some of the discounts shown above include:
Double check with every prospective company to apply every possible discount. All car insurance discounts may not be offered in Cincinnati.
Get rate quotes but work with a local Cincinnati insurance agency
A lot of people would rather talk to an insurance agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases One of the great benefits of getting free rate quotes online is that drivers can save money and get cheap car insurance rates and also buy local. Buying from local agents is definitely important in Cincinnati.
To find an agent, once you fill out this short form, your insurance data is transmitted to companies in Cincinnati that provide free Cincinnati auto insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to contact an agency because prices are sent to your email. You can find the lowest rates without a big time investment. In the event you want to get a price quote from a specific insurance company, don’t hesitate to visit that company’s website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Two types of auto insurance agents
When finding a reliable insurance agency, you must know there are a couple different types of agents and how they function. Agents in Cincinnati are either exclusive agents or independent agents.
Independent Car Insurance Agencies
Independent insurance agents do not work for one specific company so they can insure your vehicles with an assortment of companies depending on which coverage is best. If they find a lower price, they can switch companies in-house and you stay with the same agent. If you need lower rates, you should always include price quotes from at least one independent agent in order to have the best price comparison.
Shown below are Cincinnati independent agents who can help you get free rate quotes.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
Agents in the exclusive channel normally can only provide a single company’s rates and some examples include State Farm, Allstate, or Farmers Insurance. These agents are unable to provide rate quotes from other companies so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. These agents are usually quite knowledgeable on their products and sales techniques which helps offset the inability to provide other markets.
Shown below are Cincinnati exclusive insurance agencies who can help you get rate quotes.
Picking an auto insurance agent requires you to look at more than just the premium amount. Here are some questions you might want to ask.
- Do they have any clout with companies to ensure a fair claim settlement?
- How would your car be valued if totaled?
- Will the agent help in case of a claim?
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?
- How long has their agency been open in Cincinnati?
- Which companies can they place coverage with?
- Does the agent have a valid license to sell insurance in Ohio?
- Do clients work directly with the agent or are most inquiries handled by a CSR?
After talking to the agent and getting good responses to all your questions and the cheapest Kia Amanti insurance in Cincinnati quotes, it’s a good possibility that you have found an insurance agency that is reputable and can insure your vehicles. But keep in mind consumers can cancel a policy whenever you want so don’t assume that you’re stuck with your new company with no way out.
Car insurance coverages for a Kia Amanti
Learning about specific coverages of auto insurance can help you determine which coverages you need and the correct deductibles and limits. The terms used in a policy can be difficult to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. Shown next are typical coverages offered by auto insurance companies.
Liability coverages – This can cover damage that occurs to other people or property that is your fault. Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. Your policy might show policy limits of 25/50/25 which means a limit of $25,000 per injured person, a limit of $50,000 in injury protection per accident, and a total limit of $25,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Another option is one number which is a combined single limit which limits claims to one amount with no separate limits for injury or property damage.
Liability can pay for claims like pain and suffering, repair costs for stationary objects, loss of income and medical services. How much coverage you buy is a decision to put some thought into, but you should buy as large an amount as possible. Ohio state minimum liability requirements are 25/50/25 but you should consider buying more coverage.
The illustration below shows why buying low liability limits may not provide adequate coverage.
Collision coverage – Collision insurance covers damage to your Amanti resulting from a collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision insurance covers claims such as colliding with a tree, sustaining damage from a pot hole and colliding with another moving vehicle. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Drivers also have the option to increase the deductible on your Amanti to bring the cost down.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM) – This gives you protection from other drivers when they do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered losses include injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants as well as damage to your Kia Amanti.
Since many Ohio drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required (25/50/25), their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is very important. Frequently these coverages are set the same as your liability limits.
Comprehensive insurance – This coverage covers damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. A deductible will apply and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things like fire damage, damage from getting keyed, hail damage, vandalism and damage from a tornado or hurricane. The highest amount you’ll receive from a claim is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle’s value is low it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP) – Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP provide coverage for immediate expenses like dental work, pain medications and surgery. They are often used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance plan or if you lack health insurance entirely. It covers all vehicle occupants and also covers any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is only offered in select states and may carry a deductible
Do the work, save more money
You just read many ways to compare Kia Amanti insurance auto insurance rates in Cincinnati. The most important thing to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the higher the chance of saving money. Consumers could even find that the biggest savings come from a lesser-known regional company. They can often insure niche markets at a lower cost compared to the large companies like Progressive and GEICO.
Lower-priced Kia Amanti insurance in Cincinnati is possible from both online companies and also from your neighborhood Cincinnati agents, and you need to comparison shop both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some car insurance companies don’t offer the ability to get a quote online and most of the time these smaller companies provide coverage only through independent insurance agents.
For more information, link through to the following helpful articles:
- Vehicle Size and Weight FAQ (iihs.org)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers Requiring a SR22 in Cincinnati? (FAQ)
- How Much is Car Insurance for a Toyota Tacoma in Cincinnati? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for a Honda Accord in Cincinnati? (FAQ)
- Senior Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Auto Insurance 101 (About.com)
- Distracted Driving Extends Beyond Texting (State Farm)