Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that the vast majority of consumers have purchased from the same company for well over three years, and approximately 40% of consumers have never quoted insurance rates at all. With the average insurance premium being $1,340, Ohio drivers could save approximately $700 every year by just comparing quotes, but they won’t spend time to do a rate comparison.
If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to get more affordable Jaguar X-Type insurance in Cincinnati is to start doing an annual price comparison from different companies who sell auto insurance in Ohio.
- Get a basic knowledge of how auto insurance works and the steps you can take to keep rates low. Many rating factors that drive up the price like getting speeding tickets and a negative credit history can be rectified by making minor changes to your lifestyle. Read the full article for more details to help keep prices low and find additional discounts.
- Quote rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only give rate quotes from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes from multiple sources.
- Compare the new rate quotes to the premium of your current policy to see if a cheaper rate is available in Cincinnati. If you find a lower rate, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
A valuable tip to remember is that you’ll want to compare identical coverages on every quote request and and to get rate quotes from all possible companies. This helps ensure a fair rate comparison and a complete price analysis.
If you’re already insured, you stand a good chance to be able to lower your rates using the techniques presented in this article. Finding the cheapest car insurance coverage in Cincinnati can be made easier if you know where to look. But Ohio vehicle owners must know how companies compete online and use this information to your advantage.
It’s important to know that comparing more prices helps increase your odds of locating the best offered rates.
The providers in the list below provide comparison quotes in Ohio. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you visit several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Why you need insurance for your X-Type
Despite the potentially high cost of Jaguar X-Type insurance, maintaining insurance serves several important purposes.
First, almost all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means state laws require a minimum amount of liability protection if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Ohio these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you took out a loan on your X-Type, more than likely the lender will stipulate that you have comprehensive coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the lender may insure your Jaguar for a much higher rate and require you to fork over for it.
Third, insurance protects both your assets and your Jaguar. It will also reimburse you for medical transport and hospital expenses that are the result of an accident. Liability coverage will also pay attorney fees if you are sued as the result of your driving. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance outweigh the cost, especially if you ever need it. The average driver in Ohio is overpaying more than $810 a year so you should quote and compare rates once a year at a minimum to ensure rates are inline.
Auto insurance policy discounts for Jaguar X-Type insurance in Cincinnati
The cost of insuring your cars can be expensive, but discounts can save money and there are some available that many consumers don’t even know exist. Some discounts will apply when you complete an application, but occasionally some discounts must be requested specifically before you will receive the discount.
- Defensive Driver Discounts – Passing a course in defensive driver could possibly earn you a 5% discount if you qualify.
- Bundle and Save – If you combine your home and auto policies and insure them both with the same insurance company you will save 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Seat Belt Discounts – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to use a seat belt could save 15% off the medical payments premium.
- E-sign – A few larger online companies may give you up to $50 for signing up on the internet.
- Accident Free – Insureds who avoid accidents and claims can earn big discounts compared to policyholders that have many claims.
- Multiple Cars – Buying a policy with more than one vehicle with the same company may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- No Charge for an Accident – Not necessarily a discount, but some companies like Progressive and Allstate will let one accident slide before hitting you with a surcharge so long as you haven’t had any claims prior to being involved in the accident.
- Buy New and Save – Insuring a vehicle that is new can save you some money compared to insuring an older model.
Don’t be surprised that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the overall cost of the policy. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. Despite the fact that it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, you won’t be that lucky.
A few of the larger companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are included below.
- Esurance includes discounts for defensive driver, anti-theft, paid-in-full, renters, good student, and multi-car.
- The Hartford may include discounts for bundle, air bag, good student, anti-theft, and driver training.
- AAA offers premium reductions for multi-policy, anti-theft, AAA membership discount, good driver, education and occupation, pay-in-full, and good student.
- GEICO has savings for air bags, multi-vehicle, anti-lock brakes, military active duty, emergency military deployment, and daytime running lights.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including multiple policy, passive restraint, good driver, multiple autos, Drive Safe & Save, and anti-theft.
When getting free Cincinnati car insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to every insurance company to apply every possible discount. A few discounts may not apply to policies in your area.
Your auto insurance coverage should be tailored to you
When selecting the best auto insurance coverage, there really is no single plan that fits everyone. Every insured’s situation is different so this has to be addressed.
These are some specific questions may help highlight if you may require specific advice.
- Why do I need rental car insurance?
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
- What can I do if my company denied a claim?
- Does my policy cover my teen driver if they drive my company car?
- Where can I get insurance after a DUI in Ohio?
- Does insurance cover damages from a DUI accident?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but one or more may apply to you, you might consider talking to an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form or click here for a list of auto insurance companies in your area.