If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to get discount auto insurance rates is to compare quotes once a year from insurers who sell auto insurance in Cincinnati. Rates can be compared by completing these steps.
- Get an understanding of how insurance works and the steps you can take to prevent high rates. Many factors that cause rate increases such as traffic citations, accidents, and a less-than-favorable credit score can be rectified by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
- Compare prices from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can only give prices from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can provide prices from many different companies. Start a quote
- Compare the new rates to your existing policy to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find better rates and buy the policy, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
A valuable tip to remember is to use the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on every quote and and to analyze as many carriers as you can. This provides a fair rate comparison and the best rate selection.
It’s an obvious assumption that auto insurance companies want to keep you from shopping around. People who shop around for cheaper prices will, in all likelihood, buy a different policy because there is a good probability of getting low-cost coverage. Remarkably, a study showed that drivers who did price comparisons regularly saved an average of $3,450 over four years as compared to drivers who never shopped around.
If finding the cheapest price for insurance is why you’re reading this, then having a grasp of the best way to compare insurance can help make the process easier and more efficient.
Cheap companies for Suzuki Aerio insurance in Ohio
The companies shown below can provide free rate quotes in Cincinnati, OH. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you visit several of them in order to find the most affordable rates.
Discounts mean cheaper rates for Suzuki Aerio insurance in Cincinnati
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but you may qualify for discounts that can help lower your rates. A few discounts will be applied when you quote, but less common discounts must be specifically requested prior to receiving the credit.
- Driving Data Discount – Drivers who elect to allow their company to track when and where they use their vehicle by using a telematics device like Drivewise from Allstate or In-Drive from State Farm may see discounts if they are good drivers.
- Responsible Driver Discount – Drivers without accidents may save up to 50% more compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Keeping the miles down on your Suzuki may allow you to get lower prices due to less chance of an accident.
- Clubs and Organizations – Being in a qualifying organization may earn a discount when getting a Cincinnati car insurance quote.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Some auto insurance companies give better premium rates if you take out some life insurance too.
- Senior Citizens – Older drivers could receive a slight reduction on a Cincinnati car insurance quote.
- Use Seat Belts – Forcing all vehicle occupants to wear their seat belts can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) on medical payment and PIP coverage.
Just know that many deductions do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. If you do the math and it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, it doesn’t quite work that way.
A list of auto insurance companies and a selection of discounts are detailed below.
- American Family includes discounts for Steer into Savings, mySafetyValet, multi-vehicle, TimeAway discount, good student, good driver, and bundled insurance.
- State Farm may include discounts for anti-theft, Drive Safe & Save, good student, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and student away at school.
- 21st Century discounts include driver training, theft prevention, air bags, defensive driver, good student, and anti-lock brakes.
- Travelers offers premium reductions for early quote, continuous insurance, home ownership, driver training, and student away at school.
- GEICO may offer discounts for five-year accident-free, federal employee, multi-vehicle, daytime running lights, good student, membership and employees, and driver training.
It’s a good idea to ask all the companies the best way to save money. Depending on the company, some discounts might not apply in your state.
Get Cheaper Insurance Premiums by Understanding These Factors
Many factors are used in the calculation when you get your auto insurance bill. Some are pretty understandable such as traffic violations, but some are less obvious like your vehicle usage or how safe your car is. Smart consumers have a good feel for some of the things that are used to determine the price you pay for car insurance. When you know what positively or negatively determines premiums, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that can earn you lower car insurance prices.
- High performance equals high costs – The make and model of the vehicle you own makes a big difference in the rate you pay. Low performance passenger models usually are quite affordable to insure, but there are many factors that impact the final cost.
- Choose high safety ratings and save – Cars with high safety ratings get lower rates. Vehicles engineered for safety result in less severe injuries and better occupant protection means lower claim amounts and lower rates for you. If your Suzuki Aerio has at least an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website it is probably cheaper to insure.
- Keep the miles off and save – The more miles you rack up on your Suzuki annually the higher your rates will be. A lot of companies price each vehicle’s coverage based on their usage. Autos not used for work or commuting cost less to insure than cars that get driven a lot. Make sure your car insurance declarations sheet states annual mileage. An incorrectly rated Aerio can result in significantly higher rates.
- Tickets will cost you – Your driving record influences premium rates substantially. Careful drivers have lower premiums as compared to those with violations. Getting just one chargeable violation can bump up the cost by as much as twenty percent. Drivers with flagrant violations such as hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions may need to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility with their state in order to drive a vehicle legally.
- Costs for guys may be higher – Over time, data shows women are more cautious behind the wheel. However, don’t assume that females are better at driving than males. Females and males cause accidents at a similar rate, but the male of the species cause more damage. They also get more serious tickets like reckless driving and DUI. Males from age 16 to 21 are most likely to cause an accident and are penalized with high car insurance rates.
- Your credit score is important – Having a bad credit history can be an important factor in your rate calculation. Drivers who have high credit scores tend to be more responsible and file fewer claims as compared to drivers with bad credit. Therefore, if your credit history leaves room for improvement, you may save money insuring your Suzuki Aerio by improving your rating.
- Cheaper rates by consolidating – Most insurers will award better rates to insureds who consolidate policies with them, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Even if you qualify for this discount already, it’s still a good idea to check prices from other companies to help ensure you have the lowest rates.
Different people need different auto insurance coverages
When quoting and comparing coverage online or from an agent for your vehicles, there isn’t really a perfect coverage plan. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s.
These are some specific questions might help in determining if your situation would benefit from professional advice.
- What if I don’t agree with a claim settlement offer?
- How long can I keep a teen driver on my policy?
- Is pet coverage available?
- What is the premium to book value ratio for dropping full coverage?
- If my Suzuki Aerio is totaled, can I afford another vehicle?
- Are my friends covered when driving my car?
- What should my uninsured motorist coverage limits be in Ohio?
- Why am I required to get a high-risk car insurance policy?
- Am I covered when driving in Canada or Mexico?
- Can my babysitter drive my car?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form. It only takes a few minutes and can provide invaluable advice.
Compare prices but work with a local Cincinnati insurance agent
Certain consumers still like to buy from a licensed agent and often times that is recommended Licensed agents can help determine the best coverages and will help you if you have claims. The best thing about comparing insurance prices online is the fact that you can find better rates but also keep your business local.
For easy comparison, once you complete this form (opens in new window), the quote information gets sent to local insurance agents in Cincinnati who will give you quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You won’t need to leave your computer because quoted prices will be sent immediately to your email address. In the event you want to get a comparison quote from a specific insurance company, you can always find their quoting web page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Picking an provider requires more thought than just a cheap quote. You should also get answers to these questions.
- If you have an accident, will your rates go up?
- Which company do they place the most coverage with?
- Do they specialize in personal lines coverage in Cincinnati?
- How long has their agency been open in Cincinnati?
- Is their price quote a firm figure or are their hidden costs?
- When do they do a full risk review?
- Are glass claims handled on-site or do you have to take your vehicle to a repair shop?
Cincinnati auto insurance agents come in two flavors
When searching for a local insurance agency, there are two types of agencies and how they can write your policy. Agents in Cincinnati may be either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Either one can handle car insurance, but we need to point out the difference in how they write coverage because it may have an impact on which agent you choose.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be exclusive generally can only insure with one company and some examples include American Family, State Farm, and Allstate. These agents are not able to provide rate quotes from other companies so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive agents are well schooled on the products they sell which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. A lot of people buy insurance from these agents mostly because of high brand loyalty and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
The following are Cincinnati exclusive agents that are able to give price quote information.
- Eric Geiger – State Farm Insurance Agent
6900 Miami Ave – Cincinnati, OH 45243 – (513) 574-0321 – View Map
- Rick Brown – State Farm Insurance Agent
3593 Westwood Northern Blvd – Cincinnati, OH 45211 – (513) 662-3593 – View Map
- Ken Kunkel – State Farm Insurance Agent
6708 Cheviot Rd – Cincinnati, OH 45247 – (513) 385-6667 – View Map
Independent agencies are not locked into one company and that is an advantage because they can write policies with a variety of different insurance companies and find you the best rates. If they quote lower rates, your agent can switch companies which is easy for the insured.
If you are comparing rate quotes, we recommend you include price quotes from multiple independent agents so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare. Most independent agents also contract with smaller companies which may provide better rates.
Below are Cincinnati independent agents who can help you get rate quotes.
- Dabbelt Insurance LLC
5932 Glenway Ave – Cincinnati, OH 45238 – (513) 451-8050 – View Map
- Brodbeck Porter Ins Agency
1080 Nimitzview Dr #301 – Cincinnati, OH 45230 – (513) 624-0900 – View Map
- Young Robert
2035 Reading Rd – Cincinnati, OH 45202 – (513) 221-1140 – View Map
Quote more and you will save more
As you prepare to switch companies, do not buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. In many cases, an accident victim reduced collision coverage only to discover later that it was a big mistake. The ultimate goal is to find the BEST coverage for the lowest cost while not skimping on critical coverages.
Consumers change insurance companies for a variety of reasons including denial of a claim, not issuing a premium refund, high prices or delays in paying claims. It doesn’t matter what your reason, choosing a new insurance company is actually quite simple.
Budget-conscious Suzuki Aerio insurance is attainable from both online companies and with local Cincinnati insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best selection. Some companies do not offer the ability to get a quote online and many times these regional insurance providers only sell coverage through independent agencies.
To read more, take a look at these articles:
- Should I Buy a New or Used Car? (Allstate)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers Requiring a SR22 in Cincinnati? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for Drivers Under 25 in Cincinnati? (FAQ)
- Get the Right Protection (InsureUonline.org)
- State Car Insurance Guides (GEICO)
- Teen Driver Licensing Information (iihs.org)
- Auto Insurance FAQ (Farmers Insurance)