Unthinkable but true, the vast majority of insurance customers kept their policy with the same company for four years or more, and virtually 40% of consumers have never shopped around. Many drivers in Ohio can save hundreds of dollars each year, but they just assume it takes a lot of time to do a rate comparison.
If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to get discount car insurance rates is to compare prices regularly from insurers in Cincinnati.
- Step 1: Read about how companies set rates and the measures you can take to keep rates low. Many things that are responsible for high rates such as accidents, traffic tickets, and a less-than-favorable credit history can be amended by paying attention to minor details. Keep reading for ideas to help prevent expensive coverage and find possible discounts that are available.
- Step 2: Obtain price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can only quote rates from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agents can quote rates for a wide range of companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new quotes to the premium of your current policy to see if cheaper i-MiEV coverage is available in Cincinnati. If you find a lower rate quote and switch companies, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Step 4: Give notification to your agent or company to cancel your current car insurance policy and submit a completed policy application and payment to the new insurer. As soon as you have the new policy, place your new proof of insurance paperwork along with the vehicle’s registration papers.
The most important part of this process is to try to use the same coverage limits and deductibles on every price quote and and to look at as many different insurance providers as possible. Doing this guarantees an apples-to-apples comparison and and a good selection of different prices.
If you’re already insured, you stand a good chance to be able to reduce the price you pay using these tips. We hope to introduce you to how to effectively get price quotes and also save some money in the process Nevertheless, Ohio drivers must know how companies market on the web because rates are impacted by many factors.
Lower-cost Cincinnati insurance quotes with discounts
Some providers don’t list all their discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so the list below details some of the more common in addition to some of the lesser obvious insurance savings.
- Auto/Home Discount – If you have multiple policies and insure them with the same company you could get a discount of over 10 percent off each policy depending on the company.
- Pay Upfront and Save – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time instead of making monthly payments you can avoid monthly service charges.
- Data Collection Discounts – Policyholders that allow driving data submission to look at driving habits by using a telematics device in their vehicle such as In-Drive from State Farm or Allstate’s Drivewise system might get better premium rates as long as they are good drivers.
- Safety Course Discount – Participating in a safe driver class could earn you a small percentage discount and make you a better driver.
- Paperless Signup – Some of the larger companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks for completing your application over the internet.
- Driver’s Ed – Teen drivers should enroll and complete driver’s education as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Discount for Low Mileage – Maintaining low annual mileage can earn better rates on cars that stay parked.
- Employee of Federal Government – Having worked for a branch of the government can earn a discount up to 10% with a few insurance companies.
- Anti-theft Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs that have factory anti-theft systems help deter theft and will save you 10% or more on i-MiEV insurance in Cincinnati.
Please keep in mind that most of the big mark downs will not be given to your bottom line cost. Some only reduce specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. So even though it sounds like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, that’s just not realistic. Any qualifying discounts should definitely cut your overall premium however.
Larger insurance companies and their offered discounts can be read below.
- GEICO includes discounts for multi-policy, military active duty, daytime running lights, five-year accident-free, seat belt use, and emergency military deployment.
- USAA may have discounts that include defensive driver, good student, driver training, family discount, annual mileage, and new vehicle.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for online quote discount, homeowner, online signing, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, and good student.
- American Family offers discounts for good student, multi-vehicle, good driver, air bags, and defensive driver.
- Esurance may offer discounts for Switch & Save, good student, homeowner, defensive driver, renters, emergency road assistance, and multi-policy.
- Farmers Insurance policyholders can earn discounts including switch companies, bundle discounts, teen driver, youthful driver, multi-car, electronic funds transfer, and mature driver.
- State Farm has discounts for accident-free, student away at school, passive restraint, good driver, and Drive Safe & Save.
Before buying, ask every prospective company to give you their best rates. Some credits may not be available in every state. If you would like to choose from a list of insurance companies who offer insurance discounts in Ohio, click this link.
When quoting car insurance, remember that quoting more will improve the odds of getting a better price.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide price comparisons in Cincinnati, OH. If you want cheap auto insurance in Cincinnati, we suggest you visit several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Smart Buyers Can Save Money
It’s important that you understand some of the elements that come into play when calculating the level of your policy premiums. If you have a feel for what influences your rates, this allows you to make educated decisions that may reward you with big savings.
- Pay lower costs after the wedding – Walking down the aisle may earn you lower rates when shopping for auto insurance. Having a significant other demonstrates that you tend to be less irresponsible and statistics show drivers who are married are more cautious.
- Liability coverage safeguards assets – The liability section of your policy provides coverage if a court rules you are at fault for causing personal injury or damage in an accident. Your policy’s liability insurance provides legal defense which can cost thousands of dollars. It is affordable coverage compared to physical damage coverage, so drivers should buy more than the minimum limits required by law.
- Men tend to take more risk – Statistics show women are more cautious behind the wheel. The data does not necessarily mean that females are better drivers. Both genders cause at-fault accidents in similar numbers, but men cause more damage. Not only that, but men also get ticketed for serious violations such as DWI and reckless driving. Male drivers age 16 to 19 are most likely to cause an accident so they pay the highest premiums.
- Higher comp and collision deductibles save money – Physical damage deductibles represent how much money you are willing to pay if a covered claim is submitted. Insurance for physical damage, also called comprehensive and collision insurance, is used to repair damage to your car. Some instances where coverage would apply are rear-ending another vehicle, fire damage, and damage caused by road hazards. The more of the claim you pay before a claim is paid (deductible), the less money you will pay for auto insurance.
- Experienced drivers pay less – Older drivers have been proven to be more responsible, cause fewer claims and accidents, and usually have better credit. Teen drivers have been known to be easily distracted with other occupants in the car so auto insurance rates are higher.
When should I contact an insurance agent?
Many drivers just prefer to talk to an insurance agent and there is nothing wrong with that. One of the benefits of comparing insurance online is you may find lower rates but still work with a licensed agent. Buying insurance from small agencies is important especially in Cincinnati.
To find an agent, once you fill out this simple form, your coverage information is emailed to insurance agents in Cincinnati that can provide free Cincinnati car insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. You won’t need to search for any insurance agencies as quotes are delivered straight to your inbox. You can most likely find cheaper rates without a big time investment. If you have a need to get a comparison quote from one company in particular, feel free to find their quoting web page and fill out the quote form the provide.
When looking for a local Cincinnati insurance agency, it’s helpful to know the different types of agents and how they are distinctly different. Insurance agents in Cincinnati are categorized either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent agents are appointed with more than one company so they can write business with an assortment of companies and get you the best rates possible. If they find a lower price, they simply move the coverage in-house which requires no work on your part. If you need cheaper insurance rates, you need to get insurance quotes from independent agents so that you can do a thorough price comparison. They also have the ability to place coverage with small regional insurance companies which can be an advantage.
Featured below are Cincinnati independent insurance agents that may be able to give comparison quotes.
- Globe Insurance
2619 Erie Ave – Cincinnati, OH 45208 – (513) 871-3330 – View Map
- Kinker-Eveleigh Insurance Agency
7750 Montgomery Rd – Cincinnati, OH 45236 – (513) 891-6615 – View Map
- Kent Insurance Inc
7520 Montgomery Rd # 2 – Cincinnati, OH 45236 – (513) 791-6060 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
These agents normally can only provide a single company’s rates and some examples include AAA, Allstate, State Farm, or Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agents cannot provide other company’s prices so they have no alternatives for high prices. These agents are usually well trained on their products and sales techniques which helps them compete with independent agents. Some people will only choose to use an exclusive agent primarily because of the brand rather than having the cheapest rates.
The following are Cincinnati exclusive agents who can help you get comparison quotes.
- Farmers Insurance – Shellie Burke
4734 Vine St – Cincinnati, OH 45217 – (513) 242-2777 – View Map
- Beth Wilker – State Farm Insurance Agent
8406 Winton Rd – Cincinnati, OH 45231 – (513) 521-0884 – View Map
- Eric Geiger – State Farm Insurance Agent
6900 Miami Ave – Cincinnati, OH 45243 – (513) 574-0321 – View Map
Choosing an car insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just a cheap quote. Any agent in Cincinnati should be willing to answer these questions.
- Will your rates increase after a single accident?
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
- What insurance company do they write the most business with?
- Is every driver in your family covered?
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
- Are they paid to recommend certain coverages?
Auto insurance does more than just repair your car
Despite the potentially high cost of Mitsubishi i-MiEV insurance, maintaining insurance may be required for several reasons.
- Almost all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means the state requires a specific minimum amount of liability protection in order to be legal. In Ohio these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Mitsubishi, it’s most likely the lender will require that you buy insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the lender will be forced to insure your Mitsubishi at a much higher premium rate and require you to fork over the higher price.
- Auto insurance protects not only your Mitsubishi i-MiEV but also your assets. It will also reimburse you for medical bills incurred in an accident. Liability insurance will also pay for a defense attorney if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, your auto insurance policy will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of insuring your i-MiEV definitely exceed the price paid, especially if you ever need it. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver is currently overpaying as much as $700 annually so you should quote and compare rates each time the policy renews to be sure current rates are still competitive.
A conclusion for your insurance search
We covered a lot of ways to lower your Mitsubishi i-MiEV insurance premium rates in Cincinnati. The most important thing to understand is the more times you quote, the better likelihood of getting cheaper Cincinnati car insurance quotes. You may even discover the lowest premium rates are with a smaller regional carrier.
People change insurance companies for a variety of reasons including high prices, lack of trust in their agent, questionable increases in premium or even policy cancellation. It doesn’t matter what your reason, switching companies is not as difficult as it may seem.
Budget-conscious Mitsubishi i-MiEV insurance is definitely available from both online companies and also from your neighborhood Cincinnati agents, so you need to quote Cincinnati car insurance with both to have the best selection. Some insurance companies do not offer the ability to get a quote online and usually these regional carriers sell through independent agencies.
Even more information is available by following these links:
- Should I Buy a New or Used Car? (Allstate)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for a Nissan Rogue in Cincinnati? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Cincinnati Car Insurance Quotes for a Ford Fusion? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Hyundai Sonata in Cincinnati? (FAQ)
- Uninsured Motorists: Threats on the Road (Insurance Information Institute)
- Child Safety Seats (Insurance Information Institute)
- Get the Right Protection (InsureUonline.org)
- Smart Auto Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)