Unimaginable but true, over 70% of drivers have remained with the same insurance company for at least the last four years, and 38% of drivers have never shopped around. Cincinnati drivers could save roughly $729 each year by just comparing quotes, but most just don’t grasp the big savings they would realize if they moved their coverage to a different company.
The best way to save money on Honda S2000 insurance is to start comparing prices yearly from insurance carriers who provide auto insurance in Cincinnati.
Step 1: Take a little time to learn about how insurance works and the things you can control to prevent high rates. Many rating factors that are responsible for high rates like inattentive driving and a poor credit score can be rectified by making lifestyle changes or driving safer. Continue reading for additional ideas to help prevent expensive coverage and get additional discounts.
Step 2: Compare prices from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can only give prices from one company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agencies can provide price quotes from multiple insurance companies. Select a company
Step 3: Compare the quotes to the price on your current policy to see if cheaper S2000 coverage is available. If you find a lower rate and decide to switch, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
A key point to remember is that you use similar deductibles and liability limits on every quote request and and to get price quotes from as many different insurance providers as possible. Doing this provides a fair price comparison and a complete rate analysis.
Just remember that quoting more helps improve the odds of finding more affordable rates.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer price comparisons in Cincinnati, OH. To buy cheap car insurance in Cincinnati, we recommend you click on several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Buying the right Honda S2000 insurance in Ohio is an important decision
Even though it can be expensive, insurance may be required for several reasons.
- Most states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require specific limits of liability protection if you drive a vehicle. In Ohio these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your vehicle, it’s guaranteed your bank will require you to carry insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Honda at a significantly higher premium and force you to pay for the expensive policy.
- Car insurance protects your Honda S2000 and your assets. It will also cover medical transport and hospital expenses incurred in an accident. Liability insurance also pays for attorney fees and expenses in the event you are sued. If you have damage to your Honda as the result of the weather or an accident, your car insurance policy will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of buying car insurance are definitely more than the cost, especially when you need to use it. As of last year, the average driver in Ohio is wasting up to $865 each year so you should quote rates every year to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Auto insurance rates and discounts
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but there could be available discounts that can help lower your rates. Some of these discounts will be visible when you get a quote, but once in a while a discount must be manually applied before you get the savings.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints – Factory options such as air bags or automatic seat belts can get savings of more than 20%.
- Professional Organizations – Having an affiliation with a professional or civic organization could trigger savings when getting a Cincinnati auto insurance quote.
- Life Insurance – Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn a lower premium rate if you buy auto and life insurance together.
- Discounts for Cautious Drivers – Insureds without accidents may save up to 50% more compared to accident prone drivers.
- Telematics Discount – Policyholders that allow their auto insurance company to study driving habits by using a telematics device in their vehicle such as Snapshot from Progressive or Drivewise from Allstate could see a rate decrease as long as they are good drivers.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Fewer annual miles on your Honda could qualify for cheaper prices.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Cars, trucks, and SUVs with ABS and/or traction control have fewer accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Accident Free – Drivers with accident-free driving histories pay less in comparison to bad drivers.
- E-sign Discounts – A handful of insurance companies will give you a small discount simply for signing on the web.
Policy discounts save money, but most credits do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. So even though you would think it’s possible to get free car insurance, you aren’t that lucky.
The best auto insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts can be found below.
- 21st Century has savings for theft prevention, anti-lock brakes, homeowners, driver training, and early bird.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for multiple autos, driver’s education, student away at school, safe vehicle, accident-free, and passive restraint.
- AAA has discounts for multi-car, good driver, anti-theft, good student, education and occupation, and multi-policy.
- Liberty Mutual policyholders can earn discounts including new move discount, newly married, exclusive group savings, new graduate, teen driver discount, safety features, and multi-car.
- Progressive may offer discounts for multi-vehicle, good student, continuous coverage, multi-policy, online signing, homeowner, and online quote discount.
If you need inexpensive Cincinnati auto insurance quotes, ask every prospective company to apply every possible discount. Discounts may not be available in every state. To see a list of companies that offer the discounts shown above in Cincinnati, follow this link.
You may require the services of an agent
A small number of people still like to talk to a local agent and doing so can bring peace of mind An additional benefit of price shopping on the web is you can get lower rates and still have an agent to talk to. And providing support for local agents is still important in Cincinnati.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this form (opens in new window), the quote information is instantly submitted to companies in Cincinnati who will give you quotes for your coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to leave your computer due to the fact that quote results will go to you. You’ll get the best rates without having to waste a lot of time. In the event you want to quote rates from a particular provider, just visit that company’s website and fill out the quote form the provide.
If you are searching for a reliable agent, it’s important to understand the types of insurance agents and how they operate. Insurance agencies are categorized either independent or exclusive.
Independent Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type do not have single company limitations so they have the ability to put coverage through many companies and find you the best rates. To move your coverage to a new company, they simply move the coverage in-house and you don’t have to find a new agent.
When comparing rate quotes, we recommend you contact several independent insurance agents to have the best price comparison.
The following is a list of independent agencies in Cincinnati that can give you free price quotes.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be exclusive work for only one company such as State Farm, AAA, and Liberty Mutual. They usually cannot shop your coverage around so they have to upsell other benefits. They are usually quite knowledgeable on sales techniques which helps them sell on service rather than price.
Below are Cincinnati exclusive insurance agents that can give you comparison quotes.
Connor Smith – State Farm Insurance Agent
9620 Colerain Ave #25 – Cincinnati, OH 45251 – (513) 385-3385 – View Map
Finding the right car insurance agent requires you to look at more than just a low price. You should also get answers to these questions.
- Are they primarily personal or commercial lines agents in Cincinnati?
- Does their agency support local causes in Cincinnati?
- Is every driver in your family covered?
- What insurance companies do they work with in Cincinnati?
- Will one accident increase rates?
Auto insurance company ratings
Finding a high-quality auto insurance company is difficult considering how many different companies sell coverage in Cincinnati. The company rank data in the next section could help you analyze which companies you want to consider comparing price quotes from.
|Company||Value||Customer Service||Claims||Customer Satisfaction||A.M Best Rating||Overall Score|
|Compare Rates Now Go|
Data Source: Insure.com Best Car Insurance Companies
Don’t give up on affordable rates
When getting Cincinnati auto insurance quotes online, it’s not a good idea to reduce needed coverages to save money. There have been many situations where consumers will sacrifice uninsured motorist or liability limits and found out when filing a claim that it was a big mistake. The ultimate goal is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best cost, but do not skimp to save money.
More affordable auto insurance in Cincinnati is attainable from both online companies as well as from independent agents in Cincinnati, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best selection. There are still a few companies who do not offer online price quotes and usually these smaller companies only sell through local independent agencies.
We just presented many tips how you can get a better price on Honda S2000 insurance in Cincinnati. It’s most important to understand that the more providers you compare, the better your chances of lowering your premium rates. You may even be surprised to find that the most savings is with some of the lesser-known companies. These companies may only write in your state and offer lower premium rates compared to the large companies like State Farm or Progressive.
Additional detailed information is located in these articles:
- Learn About Car Insurance (GEICO)
- Who Has Affordable Cincinnati Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers Over Age 50? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Cincinnati Auto Insurance for a Nissan Altima? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Cincinnati Auto Insurance for State Employees? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Cincinnati Car Insurance Rates for a Dodge Ram? (FAQ)
- How Much are Cincinnati Auto Insurance Rates for a Subaru Outback? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Cincinnati Auto Insurance Rates for Retired Military? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers Requiring a SR22 in Cincinnati? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Cincinnati Auto Insurance for Teenage Males? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Hybrid Vehicles in Cincinnati? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Cincinnati Car Insurance Rates for a Ford Explorer? (FAQ)
- State Laws for Cellphones and Texting (iihs.org)
- Should I Purchase an Umbrella Liability Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)