The recommended way to find better pricing on Ford Shelby GT350 insurance is to begin comparing prices regularly from different companies in Cincinnati.
- Spend a few minutes and learn about coverages and the modifications you can make to drop your rates. Many factors that drive up the price such as at-fault accidents, careless driving, and an unfavorable credit rating can be improved by making lifestyle changes or driving safer. Later in this article we will cover more ideas to get cheaper coverage and get discounts that may be available to you.
- Compare price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can provide rates from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can provide prices from multiple sources.
- Compare the price quotes to the price on your current policy to see if a cheaper rate is available. If you find a better price and change companies, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
- Notify your company or agent of your decision to cancel the current policy and submit any necessary down payment along with the completed application for the new coverage. As soon as you have the new policy, put the proof of insurance certificate in an easily accessible location in your vehicle.
The key thing to know about shopping around is to try to use similar limits and deductibles on every quote request and and to get rates from as many different insurance providers as possible. This provides the most accurate price comparison and and a good selection of different prices.
It’s an obvious statement that insurance companies don’t want their customers to go rate shopping. People who compare other rates will, in all likelihood, switch companies because of the high probability of getting low-cost coverage. A recent insurance study discovered that people who did price comparisons regularly saved as much as $865 annually compared to policyholders who never shopped around for lower prices.
If finding budget-friendly Ford Shelby GT350 insurance is your goal, then understanding how to find and compare cheaper coverage can help you succeed in saving money.
If you are insured now or are looking for a new policy, you can use this information to cut your premiums without sacrificing coverage. Finding affordable auto insurance coverage in Cincinnati can be much easier if you know how to start. Drivers just need to use the most efficient way to shop for auto insurance online.
Getting cheap Ford Shelby GT350 auto insurance pricing is an easy way to save money. The only thing you need to do is spend a few minutes on the computer comparing rate quotes to find out which insurance company has affordable Cincinnati car insurance quotes.
Getting rate quotes online is very simple and it makes it obsolete to drive to insurance agencies in your area. The fact that you can get quotes online has reduced the need for local agents unless your situation requires the peace of mind of a local Cincinnati agent. Drivers can compare online quotes but buy the policy through an agent.
The providers in the list below have been selected to offer free quotes in Ohio. To buy cheaper auto insurance in Cincinnati, OH, it’s a good idea that you get rate quotes from several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Affordable Ford Shelby GT350 insurance rates in Cincinnati
Some companies don’t always list all available discounts very well, so here is a list both the well known in addition to some of the lesser obvious discounts that you may qualify for.
- Multi-car Discount – Buying coverage for more than one vehicle on one policy could earn a price break for each car.
- Driver Safety – Taking time to complete a safe driver class could save 5% or more and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Air Bag Discount – Cars that have air bags may get savings of up to 25% or more.
- Include Life Insurance and Save – Not all insurance carriers offer life insurance, but some may give you a break if you buy life insurance from them.
- Federal Government Employee – Being employed by or retired from a federal job could cut as much as 10% off depending on your company.
A quick disclaimer, most discounts do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. So when the math indicates all the discounts add up to a free policy, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
A list of companies and a selection of discounts can be found below.
- Travelers may have discounts that include save driver, payment discounts, hybrid/electric vehicle, new car, good student, driver training, and early quote.
- 21st Century discounts include automatic seat belts, homeowners, driver training, teen driver, early bird, and 55 and older.
- State Farm may include discounts for Drive Safe & Save, defensive driving training, driver’s education, good student, multiple policy, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including anti-lock brakes, five-year accident-free, defensive driver, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and driver training.
- SAFECO offers discounts including drive less, teen safety rewards, anti-lock brakes, multi-car, and anti-theft.
- AAA has savings for multi-policy, AAA membership discount, anti-theft, pay-in-full, education and occupation, good driver, and good student.
Before you buy a policy, ask all companies you are considering how many discounts you can get. Some of the discounts discussed earlier might not be offered on policies in your area. If you would like to view auto insurance companies with the best discounts in Ohio, click this link.
Why do I need car insurance?
Despite the potentially high cost of Ford Shelby GT350 insurance, maintaining insurance is not optional due to several reasons.
- The majority of states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to carry a minimum amount of liability in order to be legal. In Ohio these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your vehicle, more than likely the lender will make it mandatory that you carry insurance to guarantee loan repayment. If the policy lapses, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Ford for a lot more money and force you to pay for it.
- Insurance protects not only your vehicle but also your assets. It also can pay for many types of medical costs for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you are sued as the result of an accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance definitely exceed the price paid, particularly if you ever have a claim. The average driver in America is overpaying over $750 every year so compare rates every year to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Are insurance agencies a thing of the past?
Some people still prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and that is just fine! Experienced insurance agents are very good at helping people manage risk and will help you if you have claims. A nice benefit of comparing insurance prices online is you may find cheaper car insurance rates and still have an agent to talk to.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this quick form, your information gets sent to companies in Cincinnati that can provide free Cincinnati car insurance quotes to get your business. It’s much easier because you don’t need to find an agent on your own since price quotes are sent to the email address you provide. If you need to compare prices from one company in particular, feel free to go to their quote page and submit a quote form there.
Finding the right insurance company should depend on more than just the quoted price. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- Does the agent help file claims?
- Do they get extra compensation for selling add-on coverages?
- Do they have 24-hour customer assistance?
- Which company do they place the most coverage with?
- Do they offer rental car reimbursement?
- Do they offer accident forgiveness?
- Will they make sure you get an adequate claim settlement?
- Where are claims handled?
If you would like to find a local Cincinnati insurance agent, you need to know there are two types of insurance agents to choose from. Insurance policy providers are either exclusive agents or independent agents. Either type can provide insurance policies, but it’s a good idea to understand how they are different because it may have an impact on which agent you choose.
Exclusive agents are contracted to one company like Farmers Insurance, State Farm, Allstate, and AAA. Exclusive agents cannot shop your coverage around so always compare other rates. These agents are highly trained on sales techniques and that enables them to sell even at higher rates.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Cincinnati who can help you get rate quotes.
Connor Smith – State Farm Insurance Agent
9620 Colerain Ave #25 – Cincinnati, OH 45251 – (513) 385-3385 – View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents in the independent channel do not write with just one company and that allows them to write policies with a variety of different insurance companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If you want to switch companies, your policy is moved internally without you having to go to a different agency.
When searching for an agent, we recommend you get several quotes from a couple of independent agencies for maximum quote selection.
Below is a short list of independent insurance agencies in Cincinnati that are able to give price quote information.
Auto insurance coverage basics
Learning about specific coverages of your auto insurance policy can be of help when determining the best coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. Auto insurance terms can be ambiguous and coverage can change by endorsement. Shown next are typical coverages found on most auto insurance policies.
Medical payments coverage and PIP
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP reimburse you for expenses for things like prosthetic devices, hospital visits, X-ray expenses and rehabilitation expenses. They are used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. It covers you and your occupants and also covers if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal injury protection coverage is only offered in select states but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
This pays for damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first must pay your deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers things like rock chips in glass, fire damage, a tree branch falling on your vehicle and damage from flooding. The highest amount a auto insurance company will pay at claim time is the actual cash value, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
This coverage provides protection from damage that occurs to people or other property that is your fault. Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You commonly see liability limits of 25/50/25 that means you have a $25,000 limit per person for injuries, a per accident bodily injury limit of $50,000, and $25,000 of coverage for damaged property.
Liability can pay for claims like loss of income, repair costs for stationary objects and repair bills for other people’s vehicles. How much liability coverage do you need? That is up to you, but consider buying as large an amount as possible. Ohio state minimum liability requirements are 25/50/25 but drivers should carry higher limits.
The illustration below shows why buying low liability limits may not be enough.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage
This provides protection from other drivers when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. It can pay for hospital bills for your injuries and also any damage incurred to your Ford Shelby GT350.
Since a lot of drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits (25/50/25 in Ohio), their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is a good idea.
Collision insurance will pay to fix damage to your Shelby GT350 caused by collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. You have to pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage pays for claims such as colliding with another moving vehicle, hitting a parking meter, colliding with a tree and driving through your garage door. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. You can also bump up the deductible on your Shelby GT350 to save money on collision insurance.