Unthinkable but true, the vast majority of Ohio car insurance customers kept buying from the same company for at least four years, and just short of a majority have never shopped around. Many drivers in the U.S. could save $859 a year just by getting comparison quotes, but they just assume it takes a lot of time to compare rate quotes.
If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to get the cheapest BMW M2 insurance is to regularly compare price quotes from providers who can sell car insurance in Cincinnati.
First, spend some time learning about individual coverages and the changes you can make to prevent high rates. Many rating factors that cause high rates such as your driving record and a negative credit score can be amended by being financially responsible and driving safely.
Second, quote rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give rate quotes from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can provide rate quotes from multiple companies.
Third, compare the quotes to your current policy premium and determine if there is any savings. If you find a lower rate quote and decide to switch, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
Fourth, give notification to your current company to cancel your current auto insurance policy. Submit a down payment and signed policy application to your new carrier. Don’t forget to place the new certificate verifying proof of insurance in a readily accessible location in your vehicle.
The key aspect of shopping around is to use the same liability limits and deductibles on each price quote and to quote with as many companies as possible. This provides a level playing field and a complete rate analysis.
If you are paying for car insurance now, you should be able to get lower rates using the techniques covered below. The intent of this article is to introduce you to the most effective ways to compare rates and also pocket some savings But Ohio vehicle owners need to learn how companies calculate your policy premium because it can help you find the best coverage.
Cincinnati car insurance discounts
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but you might already qualify for some discounts to help bring down the price. Some discounts apply automatically at the time of quoting, but a few need to be asked about before you get the savings. If they aren’t giving you every credit available, it’s possible you qualify for a lower rate.
- Defensive Driver Discounts – Taking time to complete a course in safe driver could possibly earn you a 5% discount if your company offers it.
- Multi-policy Discount – When you have multiple policies and place coverage with the same company you may save over 10 percent off each policy depending on the company.
- Home Ownership Discount – Just being a homeowner may trigger a policy discount on car insurance because owning a home requires a higher level of personal finance.
- Pay Upfront and Save – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time rather than spreading payments over time you could save 5% or more.
- Auto/Life Discount – Larger insurance carriers have lower premium rates if you buy a life insurance policy as well.
- Driving Data Discount – Insureds that choose to allow their insurance company to look at their driving habits by installing a telematics device like Drivewise from Allstate or In-Drive from State Farm might get better premium rates if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- Government Employees – Having worked for a branch of the government may reduce rates when you quote Cincinnati auto insurance but check with your company.
- Student Discount for Driver Training – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to complete a driver education course if offered at their school.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Vehicles that have anti-lock braking systems are much safer to drive so companies give up to a 10% discount.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Low mileage vehicles may allow you to get better premium rates on cars that stay parked.
Just know that some credits don’t apply to the whole policy. Some only reduce individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. So when it seems like you can get free auto insurance, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy. Any qualifying discounts should help reduce the amount you have to pay.
A list of car insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts can be found below.
- State Farm has discounts for multiple policy, Steer Clear safe driver discount, good student, driver’s education, student away at school, and multiple autos.
- Liberty Mutual includes discounts for exclusive group savings, teen driver discount, newly retired, multi-car, and new graduate.
- American Family offers discounts including good student, good driver, accident-free, bundled insurance, air bags, Steer into Savings, and defensive driver.
- Progressive offers discounts for online signing, continuous coverage, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, homeowner, and multi-policy.
- Farmers Insurance offers premium reductions for homeowner, early shopping, good student, bundle discounts, multi-car, teen driver, and switch companies.
- Auto-Owners Insurance policyholders can earn discounts including safe driver, multi-policy, air bags, anti-theft, good student, multiple vehicles, and group or association.
- SAFECO may have discounts that include anti-theft, anti-lock brakes, drive less, bundle discounts, and teen safety rewards.
When quoting, ask every prospective company which credits you are entitled to. Some credits may not apply in Cincinnati. To choose providers that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Cincinnati, click here.
There are several ways to compare quotes from different Cincinnati insurance companies. The recommended way to find cheaper BMW M2 rates is to get quotes online.
Just keep in mind that obtaining a wide range of quotes increases your odds of finding a lower rate. Not every company does price estimates online, so it’s necessary to compare price estimates from them as well.
The companies in the list below are our best choices to provide free quotes in Cincinnati, OH. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you click on several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Insurance agent or online?
A small number of people just prefer to sit down with an agent and there is nothing wrong with that. An additional benefit of price shopping on the web is the fact that drivers can get cheap rate quotes and still have an agent to talk to. Buying from local agencies is still important in Cincinnati.
Once you complete this simple form, your insurance data is instantly submitted to local insurance agents in Cincinnati who will give you quotes for your auto insurance coverage. There is no need to search for an agent because prices are sent to you instantly. You can most likely find cheaper rates and a licensed agent to work with. If you wish to compare rates from one company in particular, you just need to jump over to their website and submit a quote form there.
Best car insurance agent in Cincinnati
If you’re trying to find a reliable insurance agent, you need to know there are two types of agencies and how they are slightly different. Auto insurance policy providers can either be independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive.
Independent Auto Insurance Agents
These type of agents are not restricted to one company so they can quote policies with an assortment of companies and get the cheapest rates. If prices rise, they simply move your policy to a different company which requires no work on your part. If you need lower rates, we recommend you get insurance quotes from multiple independent agents so that you can do a thorough price comparison. Most independent agents also contract with lesser-known insurance companies which can be an advantage.
Shown below are independent agencies in Cincinnati that can give you cheap rate quotes.
- Christenson Lewis Insurance Agency
4484 Mt Carmel Tobasco Rd – Cincinnati, OH 45244 – (513) 528-4222 – View Map
- Dabbelt Insurance LLC
5932 Glenway Ave – Cincinnati, OH 45238 – (513) 451-8050 – View Map
- Iori Insurance Agency
3310 Westbourne Dr – Cincinnati, OH 45248 – (513) 661-2445 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive insurance agents normally can only provide a single company’s rates such as AAA, Allstate, State Farm, or Farmers Insurance. They are unable to place coverage with different providers so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive agencies are well trained on their products and sales techniques which helps them sell on service rather than price. Consumers often buy from exclusive agents primarily because of the brand name and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Below are exclusive agencies in Cincinnati willing to provide price quote information.
- Eric Geiger – State Farm Insurance Agent
6900 Miami Ave – Cincinnati, OH 45243 – (513) 574-0321 – View Map
- Rick Brown – State Farm Insurance Agent
3593 Westwood Northern Blvd – Cincinnati, OH 45211 – (513) 662-3593 – View Map
- Jackie Meadows – State Farm Insurance Agent
2036 8 Mile Rd – Cincinnati, OH 45244 – (513) 474-4940 – View Map
Finding the right car insurance agent shouldn’t rely on just the quoted price. Some important questions to ask are:
- How does the company pay claims for a total loss?
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
- Are they actively involved in the community?
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
- How many companies do they write for?
- Is insurance their full-time profession?
- Will high miles depreciate repair valuations?
- How experienced are they in personal risk management?
Don’t give up on affordable coverage
Lower-priced BMW M2 insurance in Cincinnati is possible on the web as well as from insurance agents, and you need to price shop both to have the best selection. Some insurance providers do not offer the ability to get quotes online and these small insurance companies provide coverage only through local independent agents.
Insureds leave their current company for many reasons like policy non-renewal, delays in responding to claim requests, unfair underwriting practices and being labeled a high risk driver. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch switching companies is easier than you think.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, don’t be tempted to buy poor coverage just to save money. There have been many situations where an accident victim reduced full coverage and found out when filing a claim that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. The proper strategy is to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best price.
Additional information is located at the links below
- Protecting Teens from Drunk Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers Requiring a SR22 in Cincinnati? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Cincinnati Auto Insurance for Infrequent Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Cincinnati Car Insurance Rates for a Chevrolet Silverado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Cincinnati Auto Insurance for First-time Drivers? (FAQ)
- Frontal Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Teen Driving Statistics (iihs.org)
- Teen Driving and Texting (State Farm)
- How to shop for a safer car (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)