Amazingly, a recent NerdWallet.com study showed that the majority of drivers kept buying from the same company for well over three years, and almost half have never quoted rates to find cheap coverage. Drivers in the United States can save hundreds of dollars each year by just comparing rate quotes, but most undervalue how much savings they would realize if they swap their current policy for a cheaper one.
If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to find affordable quotes for Volvo V60 insurance is to start comparing prices regularly from insurance carriers who sell auto insurance in Cincinnati.
- Try to learn a little about how your policy works and the measures you can control to prevent rate increases. Many things that are responsible for high rates such as at-fault accidents, careless driving, and a bad credit rating can be controlled by being financially responsible and driving safely. Later in this article we will cover information to lower rates and get discounts that may be overlooked.
- Request rate estimates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give prices from one company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agencies can give you price quotes for a wide range of insurance providers. Click to view companies
- Compare the quotes to your existing policy to see if cheaper V60 coverage is available. If you find a lower rate and buy the policy, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
- Provide adequate notice to your current company of your intent to cancel your current policy. Submit the completed application along with a down payment to your new agent or company. Make sure you put the new proof of insurance paperwork with your registration paperwork.
One key aspect when comparing rates is to compare the same deductibles and limits on every quote and and to analyze as many auto insurance providers as possible. Doing this provides a fair rate comparison and maximum price selection.
Locating the best rates in Cincinnati can really be easy if you know what you’re doing. If you are already insured, you will surely be able to get lower rates using these methods. You just need to use the most time-saving way to shop from many companies at once.
The quickest way to compare rate quotes for Volvo V60 insurance in Cincinnati takes advantage of the fact all the major auto insurance companies actually pay money for the chance to provide you with free rate quotes. All you need to do is provide a little information like the make and model of your vehicles, daily mileage, whether you are single or married, and your credit rating estimate. Your details is instantly submitted to multiple companies and you should receive rate quotes almost instantly.
To start a quote now, click here and see if a lower rate is available in Cincinnati.
The providers in the list below can provide price quotes in Ohio. To buy the best cheap auto insurance in Cincinnati, we suggest you visit two to three different companies in order to find the most affordable rates.
These discounts can lower Volvo V60 insurance rates
Car insurance companies don’t list the entire discount list in a way that’s easy to find, so the following is a list of a few of the more well known and also the more inconspicuous car insurance savings.
- Student Discount for Driver Training – It’s a good idea to have your young drivers enroll in driver’s education as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Sign Online – A few larger online companies give back up to $50 for signing up online.
- Payment Method – By paying your policy upfront instead of paying each month you can avoid monthly service charges.
- New Vehicle Savings – Buying a new car model can get you a discount due to better safety requirements for newer models.
- Responsible Driver Discounts – Safe drivers can pay as much as 50% less than drivers with accidents.
- Distant College Student Discount – Children who are enrolled in higher education away from home without a vehicle on campus can receive lower rates.
- Telematics Discount – Cincinnati drivers who agree to allow their company to monitor vehicle usage by installing a telematics device such as Snapshot from Progressive or Drivewise from Allstate could save a few bucks as long as the data is positive.
- Low Mileage – Maintaining low annual mileage could earn cheaper rates.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Cars and trucks with ABS braking systems or traction control are much safer to drive and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Defensive Driver Discount – Taking a defensive driving course can save you 5% or more and also improve your driving technique.
Keep in mind that most credits do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. Just because it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, nobody gets a free ride.
Large car insurance companies and the discounts they provide are shown below.
- American Family has savings for multi-vehicle, TimeAway discount, good student, accident-free, early bird, bundled insurance, and defensive driver.
- Farm Bureau offers discounts for youthful driver, 55 and retired, good student, multi-vehicle, renewal discount, and safe driver.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including defensive driving training, Drive Safe & Save, Steer Clear safe driver discount, multiple autos, and passive restraint.
- Travelers discounts include student away at school, good student, early quote, driver training, and continuous insurance.
- The Hartford may offer discounts for defensive driver, good student, anti-theft, air bag, vehicle fuel type, bundle, and driver training.
- GEICO includes discounts for federal employee, driver training, emergency military deployment, anti-theft, multi-vehicle, and air bags.
- Progressive may include discounts for multi-policy, homeowner, multi-vehicle, online signing, continuous coverage, online quote discount, and good student.
Before purchasing a policy, check with every company to give you their best rates. Some discounts listed above may not be offered in Cincinnati. To see providers that offer discounts in Cincinnati, follow this link.
When to contact an insurance agency
A small number of people still like to talk to an insurance agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases Professional insurance agents can help you choose the best coverages and will help you if you have claims. One of the great benefits of comparing auto insurance online is that drivers can save money and get the lowest rates but still work with a licensed agent.
Once you complete this short form, your insurance data is instantly submitted to local insurance agents in Cincinnati that provide free Cincinnati car insurance quotes for your auto insurance coverage. There is no need to contact any insurance agencies because quoted prices will be sent to the email address you provide. If you want to get a comparison quote for a specific company, don’t hesitate to navigate to their website and fill out their quote form.
Choosing an insurance company requires more thought than just a cheap quote. A good agent in Cincinnati will have answers to these questions.
- Does the agent recommend any additional coverage?
- If you have an accident, will your rates go up?
- What insurance companies do they work with in Cincinnati?
- Does the agency have a current Errors and Omissions policy?
- Is vehicle damage repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Do they have advanced training designations such as CPCU, AAI, AIC, or CIC?
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
Exclusive or Independent: There is a difference
When narrowing the list to find a reputable agency, you should know the different agency structures and how they can write your policy. Auto insurance agents in Cincinnati may be either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Both types can do a good job, but it’s good to learn the differences because it can impact buying decisions.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be exclusive have only one company to place business with and some examples include American Family, State Farm, and Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot place coverage with different providers so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. These agents are well schooled on their products and sales techniques which helps them sell on service rather than price. Consumers frequently buy insurance from these agents mostly because of the brand rather than low rates.
Shown below is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Cincinnati who may provide you with price quote information.
- Scott Clark – State Farm Insurance Agent
3011 W Galbraith Road – Cincinnati, OH 45239 – (513) 931-9292 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance – Shellie Burke
4734 Vine St – Cincinnati, OH 45217 – (513) 242-2777 – View Map
- Chuck Detmering – State Farm Insurance Agent
2638 Kipling Ave – Cincinnati, OH 45239 – (513) 741-4500 – View Map
Independent Auto Insurance Agents
These agents do not have single company limitations so they have the ability to put coverage through many different auto insurance companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If your premiums go up, the agent simply finds a different carrier which requires no work on your part. If you need lower rates, you should always compare prices from a few independent agents to get the most accurate price comparison. Most also write with mutual insurance companies who may have lower rates.
The following is a list of independent insurance agents in Cincinnati willing to provide comparison quotes.
- Kinker-Eveleigh Insurance Agency
7750 Montgomery Rd – Cincinnati, OH 45236 – (513) 891-6615 – View Map
- Duffy Insurance Agency
7611 Cheviot Rd – Cincinnati, OH 45247 – (513) 861-5500 – View Map
- Dempsey and Siders Insurance Agency
6725 Miami Ave #102 – Cincinnati, OH 45243 – (513) 891-4400 – View Map
Upon receiving acceptable answers to these questions as well as an affordable premium quote, you’ve probably found an insurance agency that will properly insure your vehicles.
Why You Might Pay Higher Rates in Cincinnati
Part of the car insurance buying process is learning some of the elements that play a part in calculating your car insurance rates. If you have a feel for what determines base rates, this helps enable you to make changes that could help you find big savings.
- Low mileage costs less – The higher the miles on your Volvo each year the more it will cost to insure it. Many insurance companies apply a rate based upon how you use the vehicle. Vehicles that sit idle most of the time can be on a lower rate level than vehicles that have high annual mileage. Double check that your declarations sheet correctly shows annual mileage, because it can save money. Having an incorrect usage rating on your V60 is just wasting money.
- Accidents drive up premiums – A bad driving record has a huge affect on how much you pay. Getting just one speeding ticket may cause rates to rise by as much as twenty percent. Careful drivers pay less for auto insurance than bad drivers. Drivers who have received careless violations such as reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence might be required by their state to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility with their state motor vehicle department in order to legally drive.
- Do you have enough liability coverage? – The liability coverage on your policy will afford coverage if you are found to be at fault for damages caused by your negligence. Liability provides for a legal defense to attempt to prove you were not liable. This coverage is relatively inexpensive compared to comp and collision, so insureds should have plenty of protection for their assets.
- More performance means higher rates – The make and model of the car or truck you are trying to find cheaper insurance for makes a significant difference in your premium level. The lowest premiums tend to be for small economy passenger cars, but the cost you end up paying is determined by many additional factors.
- Lower comp and collision deductibles cost more – Deductibles for physical damage define the amount you are required to spend if the claim is covered. Physical damage protection, also known as collision and other-than-collision, is used to repair damage to your car. Examples of covered claims are colliding with a stationary object, damage from fire, and having a roll-over accident. The more of the claim you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the lower your rates will be.
- Car insurance policy lapses increase prices – Driving without insurance coverage in place is not a good idea and as a result your rates will increase for letting your insurance lapse. In addition to paying higher premiums, getting caught without coverage might get you fines and jail time.
Volvo V60 insurance loss probability – Insurance companies factor in historical loss data to help calculate a profitable premium price. Vehicles that the data shows to have high amounts or severity of claims will have higher rates. The table below illustrates the collected loss data for Volvo V60 vehicles.
For each policy coverage, the statistical loss for all vehicles as a whole is a value of 100. Values that are below 100 indicate better than average losses, while numbers above 100 indicate frequent claims or tendency to have larger claims.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Volvo V60 Vehicles Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Volvo V60 2WD 68 53 Volvo V60 4WD 136 75BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Protect your vehicle and other assets
Even though Cincinnati V60 insurance rates can get expensive, maintaining insurance may not be optional for several reasons.
- Just about all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to buy specific limits of liability insurance coverage in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Ohio these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a lienholder, more than likely the lender will force you to carry insurance to guarantee loan repayment. If you default on your policy, the bank may insure your Volvo for a lot more money and force you to pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Car insurance preserves both your assets and your Volvo. It will also cover many types of medical costs that are the result of an accident. Liability insurance also pays for attorney fees and expenses if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your Volvo gets damaged, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of buying car insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, especially if you ever need it. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver is overpaying more than $850 per year so it’s very important to do a rate comparison at least once a year to ensure rates are inline.
You can lower your car insurance rates
When searching for affordable Volvo V60 insurance quotes, don’t be tempted to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There are a lot of situations where consumers will sacrifice collision coverage and discovered at claim time they didn’t have enough coverage. The aim is to get the best coverage possible at a price you can afford, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
Cost effective Volvo V60 insurance is definitely available online in addition to many Cincinnati insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best selection. Some companies do not offer price quotes online and usually these small, regional companies provide coverage only through independent insurance agents.
You just learned some good ideas how you can get a better price on Volvo V60 insurance in Cincinnati. The most important thing to understand is the more times you quote, the higher your chance of finding low cost Cincinnati car insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the most savings is with some of the lesser-known companies.
For more information, link through to the following helpful articles:
- Cellphones, Texting and Driving (iihs.org)
- Who Has Cheap Cincinnati Car Insurance Quotes for a Honda CR-V? (FAQ)
- Choosing an Insurance Company (Insurance Information Institute)
- Top Signs Your Brakes are Giving Out (State Farm)
- Rearview cameras reduce backing crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)