If price shopping Cincinnati auto insurance quotes online is new to you, there’s a good chance you are overwhelmed by the large number of local and online companies all advertising big savings for Toyota Prius insurance in Cincinnati.
We don’t have to point out that fact that auto insurance companies don’t want you to look for cheaper rates. Consumers who shop around will, in all likelihood, buy a new policy because there is a significant possibility of finding a policy with more affordable rates. Remarkably, a study showed that drivers who made a habit of comparing rate quotes saved as much as $72 a month compared to other drivers who never shopped around.
If finding low prices for car insurance in Cincinnati is your goal, then having an understanding of how to find and compare cheaper coverage can save money and time.
Consumers should take time to do rate comparisons occasionally because insurance prices trend upward over time. Even if you got the best quotes on Toyota Prius insurance in Cincinnati a year ago you may be paying too much now. Block out anything you think you know about car insurance because you’re about to find out the quickest way to find better coverage on Toyota Prius insurance in Cincinnati at a better price.
If you’re already insured, you will be able to get lower rates using these tips. Our goal in writing this article let you in on the best way to quote coverages and some tips to save money. But Ohio drivers can benefit by having an understanding of how big insurance companies determine what you pay.
Cheapest Toyota Prius insurance quotes in Cincinnati, Ohio
Many insurance companies make it easy to get insurance quotes on their websites. Getting online quotes for Toyota Prius insurance in Cincinnati is fairly straightforward as all you need to do is type in your required coverages into the form. Once entered, their rating system automatically retrieves your driving record and credit report and returns a price based on many factors.
Being able to quote online for Toyota Prius insurance in Cincinnati makes it simple to compare prices and it’s absolutely necessary to do this if you want to find a lower rate.
To quickly find out if lower rates are available, check out the car insurance providers below. If you have a policy now, it’s recommended you duplicate the coverages just like they are on your policy. This helps ensure you will have a price comparison for the exact same coverage.
The providers in the list below are ready to provide quotes in Ohio. If you wish to find cheap auto insurance in OH, we suggest you visit several of them to find the most affordable auto insurance rates.
Save money with these discounts on Toyota Prius insurance in Cincinnati
Some insurance providers don’t always advertise every available discount in an easy-to-find place, so the list below details some of the more common and the harder-to-find credits that you can use to lower your rates.
- Professional Organizations – Participating in qualifying clubs or civic groups may earn a discount on your next renewal.
- Air Bag Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags or motorized seat belts can get savings of 20% or more.
- Low Mileage – Keeping the miles down on your Toyota can qualify you for better prices on cars that stay parked.
- Government Employee Discount – Federal government employees could qualify for a slight premium decrease with a few auto insurance companies.
- Mature Driver Discount – Drivers that qualify as senior citizens may qualify for lower premium rates.
- Drivers Education – Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them successfully take a driver’s education course in high school.
- Discount for Home Ownership – Just owning your own home can get you a discount because of the fact that having a home is proof of financial responsibility.
- First Accident Forgiveness – This one is not really a discount per se, but a handful of insurance companies will let one accident slide before hitting you with a surcharge if your claims history is clear prior to being involved in the accident.
- Lower Rates for Military – Being on active deployment in the military can result in better prices.
- Anti-theft System – Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles prevent vehicle theft and will qualify for a discount on a Cincinnati auto insurance quote.
It’s important to note that most discount credits are not given to your bottom line cost. Most only cut specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. Despite the fact that it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, it just doesn’t work that way. Any qualifying discounts will lower your overall bill.
The example below illustrates the comparison of Toyota Prius car insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the policy premium. The premium estimates are based on a female driver, no accidents, no driving violations, Ohio state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, safe-driver, multi-car, claim-free, multi-policy, and marriage discounts applied.
The best auto insurance companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are:
- State Farm has discounts for safe vehicle, good driver, defensive driving training, multiple autos, anti-theft, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and passive restraint.
- Nationwide may include discounts for multi-policy, anti-theft, family plan, business or organization, defensive driving, accident-free, and Farm Bureau membership.
- GEICO discounts include five-year accident-free, anti-theft, good student, daytime running lights, and emergency military deployment.
- AAA offers premium reductions for multi-car, good driver, good student, anti-theft, and pay-in-full.
- 21st Century includes discounts for student driver, anti-lock brakes, early bird, defensive driver, driver training, and homeowners.
- The Hartford may have discounts that include good student, bundle, driver training, vehicle fuel type, and anti-theft.
Before you buy a policy, ask each company or agent how many discounts you can get. Depending on the company, some discounts might not be offered in Cincinnati. If you would like to view providers with significant discounts in Ohio, click here to view.
Rate information and statistics
The premium information below outlines a range of insurance policy prices for Toyota Prius models. Learning a little about how insurance premiums are established can help customers make smart choices when selecting a policy.
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go
Cost estimates assume single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Ohio minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, safe-driver, multi-policy, claim-free, and homeowner. Information does not factor in specific location which can modify price quotes substantially.
The hardest decision when buying coverage is which deductibles should you choose. The rates below illustrate the rate difference when you select higher and lower coverage deductibles. The first set of prices uses a $100 deductible for comprehensive and collision coverage and the second rate table uses a $500 deductible.
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go
Data assumes married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, and Ohio minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and homeowner. Prices do not factor in vehicle garaging location which can change price quotes substantially.
Using the premium rates above, we can conclude that using a $100 deductible would cost the average driver about $17 more each month or $204 annually across all Toyota Prius models than opting for the higher $500 deductible. Since you would have to pay $400 more if you turn in a claim with a $500 deductible as compared to a $100 deductible, if you normally average at least 24 months between claims, you would save money if you choose the higher deductible.
The chart below illustrates how your choice of deductibles and can affect Toyota Prius insurance costs for different insured age categories. The rates are based on a single female driver, full coverage, and no other discounts are factored in.
Illustration showing the impact of accidents and violations
The chart below shows how traffic citations and accidents raise Toyota Prius auto insurance rates for different age categories. Data assumes a single female driver, full coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no discounts are factored in.
Annual premiums for males versus females
The information below shows the comparison of Toyota Prius auto insurance rates for male and female drivers. The data assumes no accidents, no driving violations, full physical damage coverage, $100 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Do you need full coverage?
The chart below shows the difference between Toyota Prius insurance prices with full physical damage coverage and with liability coverage only. The rates are based on no tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, marital status is single, and no other discounts are factored in.
When to drop comp and collision
There is no definitive rule of when to drop full coverage on your policy, but there is a guideline you can use. If the annual cost of comprehensive and collision coverage is 10% or more of the replacement cost minus the deductible, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s assume your Toyota Prius settlement value is $3,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, you would only receive $2,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If you are currently paying more than $200 annually for comprehensive and collision coverage, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
There are a few cases where eliminating full coverage is not advised. If you still owe money on your vehicle, you have to maintain full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if you don’t have enough money to buy a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should keep full coverage in place.
Exclusive or independent car insurance agents
Many drivers would prefer to talk to an insurance agent and doing that can be a smart decision One of the best bonuses of getting online price quotes is that you can find cheap rate quotes and still choose a local agent. And buying from small agencies is definitely important in Cincinnati.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this form (opens in new window), your information is instantly submitted to participating agents in Cincinnati who can give free rate quotes for your car insurance coverage. You never need to find an agent on your own because prices are sent directly to your email. You’ll get the best rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. If for some reason you want to get a comparison quote from a specific car insurance provider, you can always visit that company’s website and fill out their quote form.
Deciding on an insurance company needs to be determined by more than just the price. Here are some questions to ask:
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
- Are you getting all the discounts the company offers?
- Do they offer accident forgiveness?
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
- Are they properly licensed to sell insurance in Ohio?
- Does the agency have a positive business rating?
- Do you have coverage for a rental car if your vehicle is in the repair shop?
Eight Tips to Get More Affordable Cincinnati Insurance Costs
Consumers need to have an understanding of some of the things that come into play when calculating your policy premiums. When you know what positively or negatively influences your rates, this allows you to make educated decisions that will entitle you to lower premium levels.
The items below are some of the items utilized by car insurance companies to help set premiums.
- Bad credit hurts insurance prices – An insured’s credit rating can be a huge factor in determining what you pay for car insurance. People with excellent credit scores tend to file fewer claims as compared to drivers with poor credit scores. If your credit rating is not that good, you could pay less to insure your Toyota Prius by repairing your credit.
- Rural areas have lower costs – Living in a small town can save you money when buying car insurance. People who live in big cities have to deal with traffic congestion and much longer commute distances. Fewer drivers and short commutes means a lower chance of having an accident and also fewer theft and vandalism claims.
- Vocation reflects on rates – Occupational choices like real estate brokers, business owners, and medical professionals generally have the highest rates attributed to stressful work requirements and extremely grueling work hours. On the flip side, occupations like professors, historians and retirees have the lowest average rates.
- Know your vehicle’s crash test rating – Vehicles with high crash test scores tend to have better insurance rates. Vehicles engineered for safety have better occupant injury protection and better occupant protection means less money paid by your insurance company and cheaper rates on your policy.
- Do you save by driving less? – The more you drive annually the higher your rate. Most companies charge rates determined by how the vehicle is used. Autos that sit idle most of the time can be on a lower rate level as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. Improper usage on your Prius may be costing you higher rates. Make sure your car insurance declarations sheet is rated on the correct usage for each vehicle, because improper ratings can cost you money.
More performance means higher costs – The make and model of the car you need to insure makes a huge difference in determining your rates. Economy passenger models receive the most favorable rates, but there are many factors that impact the final cost.
The next chart is based on a married female driver age 30, full coverage with $100 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. The chart compares Toyota Prius policy rates compared to other vehicles that have different performances.
- Raise comp and collision deductibles and save – Protection for physical damage, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, insures against damage to your Toyota. A few examples of covered claims are a broken side mirror, hitting a deer, and having your car stolen. The deductibles define the amount you are required to spend out-of-pocket if a claim is determined to be covered. The more expense you’re willing to pay, the lower your rates will be.
- Your car’s features help determine prices – Choosing a vehicle with a theft deterrent system can save you a little every year. Anti-theft devices like OnStar found on GM vehicles, advanced tracking like LoJack, and vehicle immobilization systems all help stop your vehicle from being stolen.
Insurance loss probability for a Toyota Prius – Insurers use statistical claims data to help set a rate to offset losses. Models that the data determines to have higher losses will have a higher premium rate.
The table below illustrates the insurance loss data for Toyota Prius vehicles. For each coverage category, the statistical loss for all vehicles, regardless of manufacturer or model, is equal to 100. Numbers shown that are under 100 indicate better than average losses, while numbers above 100 indicate higher probability of having a loss or an increased chance of a larger loss.
Auto Insurance Loss Data for Toyota Prius Models Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Toyota Prius C Hybrid 113 100 87 120 121 113 Toyota Prius Hybrid 101 97 98 103 118 103 Toyota Prius Plug-in Hybrid 98 89 87 106 114 93 Toyota Prius V Hybrid 94 86 88 88 94 97BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Protect your Toyota vehicle and other assets
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Toyota in Cincinnati, auto insurance is mandatory in Ohio but it also protects more than you think.
- Almost all states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to carry a minimum amount of liability in order to drive the car. In Ohio these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Toyota, it’s most likely the lender will force you to buy insurance to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank will be required to insure your Toyota for a lot more money and force you to pay for the expensive policy.
- Auto insurance preserves not only your vehicle but also your financial assets. Insurance will pay for medical expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability coverage also pays for attorney fees and expenses in the event you are sued. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, collision and comprehensive coverages will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of having insurance definitely exceed the cost, particularly for liability claims. But the average American driver overpays more than $865 each year so it’s recommended you shop around once a year at a minimum to ensure rates are competitive.
Compare. Compare. Compare.
We just showed you a lot of techniques to lower your Toyota Prius insurance prices in Cincinnati. It’s most important to understand that the more quotes you get, the better your chances of lowering your rates. You may even find the best prices are with a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising.
Some insurance companies don’t offer online rate quotes and most of the time these regional insurance providers prefer to sell through independent agencies. Discount Toyota Prius insurance is available from both online companies in addition to local insurance agencies, so compare prices from both to get a complete price analysis.
When getting Cincinnati auto insurance quotes online, do not reduce coverage to reduce premium. In many cases, someone dropped full coverage and found out when filing a claim that it was a big error on their part. The proper strategy is to find the BEST coverage at an affordable rate while not skimping on critical coverages.
Steps to buying low-cost Toyota Prius insurance in Cincinnati
The easiest way to get more affordable Toyota Prius insurance is to make a habit of comparing prices annually from insurance carriers in Cincinnati.
- Take a few minutes and learn about how your policy works and the things you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many policy risk factors that are responsible for high rates like distracted driving and an imperfect credit score can be improved by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
- Get rate quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only quote rates from one company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agencies can quote rates from multiple companies. Click to view companies
- Compare the new rates to your existing policy and see if there is a cheaper rate. If you find a better price, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
A good piece of advice is to compare the same deductibles and limits on each price quote and and to analyze as many different insurance providers as possible. Doing this enables the most accurate price comparison and maximum price selection.
For more information, take a look at the articles below:
- How do I File a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Cincinnati Car Insurance Quotes for a Ford Fusion? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for Low Credit Scores in Cincinnati? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Cincinnati Auto Insurance for a Toyota Corolla? (FAQ)
- Can I Drive Legally without Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Anti-Lock Brake FAQ (iihs.org)
- Distracted Driving (Insurance Information Institute)