Unthinkable but true, most car insurance policyholders renewed their policy with the same company for over three years, and just short of a majority have never even compared quotes to find lower-cost rates. Consumers in Ohio could save about 55% a year, but they don’t believe how much savings they would realize if they moved their coverage to a different company.
The recommended way to find low-cost prices for Subaru WRX insurance is to compare prices regularly from different companies who provide car insurance in Cincinnati. This can be done by completing these steps.
- First, read about how insurance companies determine prices and the measures you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many policy risk factors that are responsible for high rates like at-fault accidents, careless driving, and a less-than-favorable credit history can be amended by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Second, compare price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can give quotes from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can quote prices from multiple companies.
- Third, compare the price quotes to your current policy premium and determine if there is any savings. If you find a lower rate quote and buy the policy, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Fourth, provide notification to your current agent or company of your intent to cancel your current auto insurance policy and submit the required down payment along with the signed application for your new policy. Immediately keep your new certificate verifying proof of insurance along with your vehicle registration.
The key aspect of shopping around is to use identical coverages on every price quote and and to get prices from every company you can. Doing this guarantees an accurate price comparison and a complete price analysis.
Finding the cheapest insurance coverage in Cincinnati is much easier if you have a good place to start. Basically, anyone who is overpaying for insurance most likely will buy a cheaper policy. But Ohio consumers do need to learn how insurance companies set your policy premium because rates are impacted by many factors.
Companies offering Subaru WRX insurance in Cincinnati
The companies in the list below have been selected to offer price quotes in Ohio. If you wish to find cheaper car insurance in Ohio, we recommend you get rates from several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Affordable Subaru WRX insurance in Cincinnati
Car insurance is easily one of your largest bills, but you might already qualify for some discounts that you may not know about. Most are applied when you purchase, but a few need to be inquired about before you get the savings.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts – Drivers who insure multiple cars on one policy can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Paperless Signup – A few car insurance companies may give you up to $50 shop Cincinnati auto insurance on their website.
- Driver Safety – Completing a course teaching safe driver skills could save 5% or more and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Use Seat Belts – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to buckle up can save up to 15% off the personal injury premium cost.
- Life Insurance Discount – Not all car insurance companies offer life insurance, but some may give you a break if you buy some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Vehicles equipped with ABS or steering control have fewer accidents and the ABS can save up to 10%.
Don’t be shocked that most discount credits are not given to the overall cost of the policy. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. So when the math indicates all the discounts add up to a free policy, it just doesn’t work that way. Any qualifying discounts will definitely lower the amount you have to pay.
A few companies who may offer most of the discounts above are:
When comparing rates, check with each company or agent which discounts you qualify for. Depending on the company, some discounts might not be offered in Cincinnati. To see a list of car insurance companies who offer free Subaru WRX insurance quotes in Cincinnati, click here to view.
What insurance coverages do I need?
Always keep in mind that when comparing proper insurance coverage, there really isn’t a cookie cutter policy. You are unique and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply. Here are some questions about coverages that could help you determine whether your personal situation will benefit from professional help.
- What is roadside assistance coverage?
- Is my Subaru WRX covered for smoke damage?
- Is a fancy paint job covered?
- How high should my uninsured/underinsured coverage be in Ohio?
- Should I sign the liability waiver when renting a car?
- Is other people’s property covered if stolen from my vehicle?
- If my Subaru WRX is totaled, can I afford another vehicle?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you know they apply to you, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
Local Cincinnati insurance agents and insurance
Many people prefer to get advice from a local agent and there is nothing wrong with that. The best thing about comparing rate quotes online is that drivers can save money and get the lowest rates and also buy local.
Once you complete this simple form, the quote information is transmitted to participating agents in Cincinnati who want to provide quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no reason to visit any agencies since price quotes are sent immediately to your email address. You can find lower rates without a big time investment. If you have a need to compare prices from one company in particular, you can always navigate to their website and give them your coverage information.
Finding the right insurance company should depend on more than just a low price. Any agent in Cincinnati should be forthright in answering these questions:
- Do they get extra compensation for selling add-on coverages?
- Which family members are covered?
- Do they have adequate Errors and Omissions coverage? This protects you if they make a mistake.
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
- Does the agency have a good rating with the Better Business Bureau?
- What company do they have the most business with?
Once you have received acceptable answers and a low price estimate, most likely you have located a company that is professional and can insure your vehicles. Keep in mind you can always cancel your coverage whenever you want so never assume you’re contractually obligated to any specific company for a certain time period.
Ohio auto insurance companies
Insuring your vehicle with the right car insurance provider can be rather challenging considering how many choices there are in Ohio. The company rank data shown below could help you select which auto insurance companies to look at comparing rate quotes with.
Top 10 Cincinnati Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- AAA Insurance
- Erie Insurance
- State Farm
- Liberty Mutual
- Safeco Insurance
- 21st Century
Top 10 Cincinnati Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- Liberty Mutual
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- The General
Car insurance 101
Having a good grasp of your insurance policy can be of help when determining which coverages you need and the correct deductibles and limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be difficult to understand and coverage can change by endorsement. These are typical coverage types offered by insurance companies.
Comprehensive insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first have to pay a deductible then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive insurance covers things like falling objects, hitting a bird, damage from a tornado or hurricane, hail damage and hitting a deer. The most you’ll receive from a claim is the actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider dropping full coverage.
This protects you from damage that occurs to other people or property. It consists of three limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have policy limits of 25/50/25 which means $25,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, $50,000 for the entire accident, and property damage coverage for $25,000.
Liability can pay for claims like court costs, attorney fees, medical expenses, repair costs for stationary objects and medical services. How much liability should you purchase? That is a decision to put some thought into, but buy as high a limit as you can afford. Ohio state minimum liability requirements are 25/50/25 but it’s recommended drivers buy better liability coverage.
The next chart demonstrates why buying low liability limits may not provide you with enough coverage.
Medical expense coverage
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance kick in for bills like surgery, hospital visits, ambulance fees, funeral costs and nursing services. The coverages can be utilized in addition to your health insurance plan or if there is no health insurance coverage. Coverage applies to both the driver and occupants and will also cover getting struck while a pedestrian. PIP coverage is not available in all states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Auto collision coverage
Collision coverage covers damage to your WRX resulting from a collision with another car or object. You will need to pay your deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage pays for things such as damaging your car on a curb, colliding with a tree and rolling your car. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider dropping it from older vehicles. Drivers also have the option to raise the deductible on your WRX to get cheaper collision coverage.
Uninsured or underinsured coverage
Your UM/UIM coverage provides protection when the “other guys” either have no liability insurance or not enough. This coverage pays for medical payments for you and your occupants and damage to your Subaru WRX.
Because many people only purchase the least amount of liability that is required (25/50/25 in Ohio), their limits can quickly be used up. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is very important.
One last thing to lower rates
There are still a few companies who don’t offer online quoting and most of the time these regional carriers only sell through independent insurance agencies. Cheaper Subaru WRX insurance in Cincinnati is attainable online and also from your neighborhood Cincinnati agents, so compare prices from both so you have a total pricing picture.
Throughout this article, we presented a lot of tips how to lower your Subaru WRX insurance premium rates in Cincinnati. It’s most important to understand that the more price quotes you have, the better your chances of lowering your prices. Drivers may even discover the lowest premium rates are with a lesser-known regional company. They can often insure niche markets at a lower cost than the large multi-state companies such as Progressive or GEICO.
As you restructure your insurance plan, it’s not a good idea to buy poor coverage just to save money. There are too many instances where someone dropped liability coverage limits only to find out that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. The proper strategy is to purchase plenty of coverage at the best cost while not skimping on critical coverages.
Additional detailed information can be read in the articles below:
- What is a Telematics Device? (Allstate)
- What is the Best Cheap Car Insurance in Cincinnati, Ohio? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for a GMC Sierra in Cincinnati? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Learners Permit in Cincinnati? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Cincinnati Auto Insurance Rates with Multiple Speeding Tickets? (FAQ)
- Protect Yourself Against Auto Theft (Insurance Information Institute)
- Liability Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- Auto Crash Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Parking Tips to Reduce Door Dings (State Farm)