How long has it been since the last time you looked for the cheapest Scion iQ insurance in Cincinnati? Are you tired of scraping the payment together to pay high auto insurance rates every month? Your situation is no different than the majority of other consumers in Ohio.
Remarkably, a study showed that the vast majority of consumers have stayed with the same insurance company for four years or more, and just under half have never taken the time to shop around. Drivers in America could save almost $859 every year just by shopping around, but they mistakenly think it’s difficult to compare rate quotes online. Many car insurance companies compete to insure your vehicles, and because of this it can be hard to compare insurers and uncover the absolute cheapest price on Scion iQ insurance in Cincinnati.
If you have insurance now or just want to reduce your rates, use these money-saving tips to lower your rates without reducing coverage. Finding the cheapest car insurance coverage in Cincinnati is quite easy if you know the best way to do it. You just have to know the least time-consuming way to shop online.
Companies offering Scion iQ insurance in Cincinnati
The companies shown below are ready to provide price quotes in Ohio. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you visit several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Save money by taking advantage of discounts
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, but you might be missing out on some discounts that you may not even know about. Certain discounts will be applied when you complete an application, but lesser-known reductions have to be requested specifically before they will apply.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Not all insurance carriers offer life insurance, but some may give you a lower rate if you buy a life policy as well.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – If you pay your bill all at once instead of making monthly payments you may have a lower total premium amount.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Buying a policy with all your vehicles with one company qualifies for this discount.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to wear their seat belts could cut 10% or more on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Bundle and Save – If you can bundle your auto and home insurance and insure them both with the same insurance company you could save at least 10% off all policies.
- College Student – Older children who live away from home at college and leave their car at home can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Telematics Discount – Drivers that enable companies to track driving manner by using a telematics device in their vehicle such as In-Drive from State Farm or Allstate’s Drivewise system may see discounts as long as they are good drivers.
- Discount for Passive Restraints – Vehicles equipped with air bags or automatic seat belts can receive discounts of 25 to 30%.
While discounts sound great, it’s important to understand that most discount credits are not given to all coverage premiums. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. If you do the math and it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business. Any amount of discount will help reduce your overall premium however.
Companies and their possible discounts include:
- State Farm offers discounts for defensive driving training, good driver, student away at school, safe vehicle, good student, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
- Farmers Insurance may include discounts for mature driver, homeowner, good student, youthful driver, early shopping, business and professional, and pay in full.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including driver training, federal employee, seat belt use, air bags, emergency military deployment, and multi-vehicle.
- American Family includes discounts for defensive driver, bundled insurance, accident-free, early bird, air bags, and multi-vehicle.
- Nationwide offers discounts including good student, anti-theft, multi-policy, accident-free, business or organization, defensive driving, and easy pay.
- Progressive discounts include continuous coverage, good student, online signing, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy.
If you need affordable Scion iQ insurance quotes, ask each company or agent which discounts you may be entitled to. Savings may not be offered in your state.
When do I need an agent’s advice?
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing insurance from an agent or online, there really isn’t a perfect coverage plan. Everyone’s situation is a little different.
For example, these questions could help you determine if your insurance needs might need an agent’s assistance.
- Does my Scion iQ qualify for pleasure use?
- Does my policy cover me when driving someone else’s vehicle?
- Do I have coverage when using my vehicle for my home business?
- Does my personal policy cover me when driving out-of-state?
- Do I need special coverage while pulling a rented trailer?
- Am I covered when driving in Canada or Mexico?
- When should I buy a commercial auto policy?
- Am I covered if I break a side mirror?
- Can I rent a car in Mexico?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and may give you better protection.
Local insurance agents
Certain consumers just want to get advice from a local agent and that can be a great decision Insurance agents can point out coverage gaps and will help you if you have claims. An additional benefit of getting free rate quotes online is you can get the best rates but also keep your business local. And buying from neighborhood agents is important especially in Cincinnati.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this simple form, the coverage information gets sent to agents in your area who will give you quotes for your business. There is no reason to search for any insurance agencies because prices are sent instantly to you. In the event you want to compare prices from a specific insurance company, you can always visit that company’s website to submit a rate quote request.
Not all car insurance agents are the same
If you want to buy car insurance from a local agent, there are two types of agencies that you can choose from. Agents are considered either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Either can insure your vehicles properly, but we need to point out the difference in the companies they write for because it can factor into the kind of agent you use.
Independent Car Insurance Agents (or Brokers)
Independent insurance agents are not locked into one company so they can quote policies with any number of different companies depending on which coverage is best. To move your coverage to a new company, they can switch companies in-house and you can keep the same agent. If you need lower rates, we recommend you include at a minimum one independent agency to have the best price comparison.
Shown below is a list of independent insurance agencies in Cincinnati who may be able to give you cheap rate quotes.
Rick Hensley Insurance Agency
747 Ohio Pike – Cincinnati, OH 45245 – (513) 797-8300 – View Map
Exclusive insurance agents can only provide pricing for a single company and some examples include State Farm, Allstate and AAA. Exclusive agents cannot provide other company’s prices so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive agents are usually well trained on what they offer which aids in selling service over price.
Below are Cincinnati exclusive agents that can give you price quotes.
Connor Smith – State Farm Insurance Agent
9620 Colerain Ave #25 – Cincinnati, OH 45251 – (513) 385-3385 – View Map
Choosing an car insurance agent is decision based upon more than just the price. Any agent in Cincinnati should be willing to answer these questions.
- Can you contact them at any time?
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
- Will the agent help in case of a claim?
- What will you get paid if your car is a total loss? How is that amount determined?
- Do they offer claims assistance after hours?
How to find a good Ohio auto insurance company
Finding the best insurance company is hard considering how many companies sell coverage in Ohio. The ranking information in the lists below may help you decide which auto insurers to look at buying from.
Top 10 Cincinnati Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- USAA – 92%
- Erie Insurance – 88%
- American Family – 88%
- State Farm – 88%
- Nationwide – 88%
- 21st Century – 88%
- AAA Insurance – 87%
- Liberty Mutual – 87%
- Farmers Insurance – 87%
- The Hartford – 87%
One last thing to lower rates
Budget-conscious Scion iQ insurance can be found from both online companies as well as from independent agents in Cincinnati, and you should be comparing both to have the best rate selection. Some companies do not provide the ability to get quotes online and usually these small, regional companies only sell through independent agencies.
People switch companies for many reasons like unfair underwriting practices, poor customer service, extreme rates for teen drivers and questionable increases in premium. Whatever your reason, finding a great new company can be easier than you think.
We just covered a lot of ways to shop for Scion iQ insurance online. It’s most important to understand that the more you quote Cincinnati auto insurance, the higher your chance of finding affordable Cincinnati auto insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the best price on car insurance is with an unexpected company.
How to find cheaper rates for Scion iQ insurance in Cincinnati
The most effective way to find better pricing on Scion iQ insurance in Cincinnati is to compare prices at least once a year from companies who provide car insurance in Ohio.
Step 1: Get an understanding of how insurance works and the measures you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating factors that result in higher rates like traffic citations, accidents, and a less-than-favorable credit history can be rectified by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
Step 2: Obtain price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can provide rates from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide prices from multiple companies.
Step 3: Compare the quotes to your current policy premium and determine if cheaper iQ coverage is available in Cincinnati. If you can save money and make a switch, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
A tip to remember is that you’ll want to make sure you compare similar deductibles and liability limits on every price quote and and to get price estimates from as many companies as you can. This provides a level playing field and and a good selection of different prices.
To learn more, feel free to browse these articles:
- Front crash protection reduces rear-end crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for Homeowners in Cincinnati? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers Requiring a SR22 in Cincinnati? (FAQ)
- What Does No-Fault Insurance Cover? (Allstate)
- Rollover Crash FAQ (iihs.org)