Anyone knows that car insurance companies don’t want their customers to go rate shopping. People who rate shop once a year will probably buy a different policy because there are good odds of finding a more affordable policy. A recent auto insurance study discovered that consumers who shopped around every year saved $850 each year compared to people who never shopped around for better prices.
If saving money on auto insurance in Cincinnati is your intention, then learning a little about how to get free comparison quotes and analyze cheaper coverage can make it easier for you to save money.
It takes a few minutes, but the best way to find affordable quotes for auto insurance rates is to make a habit of regularly comparing prices from insurance carriers who provide auto insurance in Cincinnati.
- Step 1: Take a few minutes and learn about how car insurance works and the measures you can control to keep rates down. Many risk factors that increase rates like accidents, traffic tickets, and a negative credit rating can be controlled by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility. Continue reading for additional tips to help keep prices low and find available discounts that you may qualify for.
- Step 2: Get rate quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can give quotes from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can provide rate quotes from multiple insurance companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your existing policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find a lower rate quote and change companies, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Step 4: Provide adequate notice to your current company of your decision to cancel your current policy. Submit the application along with any required down payment to your new company or agent. Make sure you place the new certificate verifying coverage in your vehicle.
One thing to remember is to use the same liability limits and deductibles on every quote request and and to look at as many car insurance companies as possible. Doing this ensures a fair price comparison and the best price selection.
Our goal in writing this article instruct you on how insurance works and how to save the most money. If you have insurance now, you will most likely be able to reduce premiums using these methods. Although Ohio vehicle owners need to have an understanding of how insurance companies calculate your insurance rates because it can help you find the best coverage.
Cheapest Lexus insurance price quotes in Cincinnati
The companies in the list below can provide comparison quotes in Ohio. To find the cheapest auto insurance in Ohio, we suggest you visit several of them to find the cheapest auto insurance rates.
Five factors that impact insurance rates
Lots of things are considered when premium rates are determined. Some of the criteria are obvious like your driving record, but other factors are more obscure such as your marital status or your financial responsibility.
- Raise your physical damage deductibles for better premiums – Deductibles for physical damage define how much you are willing to pay out-of-pocket in the event of a claim. Physical damage coverage, also known as collision and other-than-collision, covers damage that occurs to your car. Some coverage claims could be a windshield broken by a bird, animal collisions, and damage caused by road hazards. The more of the claim the insured is willing to pay, the less money you will pay for auto insurance.
- Never let your auto insurance expire – Driving without insurance coverage in place is against the law and companies may charge more for letting your insurance expire. And not only will insurance be more expensive, the inability to provide proof of insurance may earn you a revoked license or a big fine.
- Insure car and home with the same company – Most major insurance companies will award discounts to policyholders that buy multiple policies such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. If you currently are using one company, it’s in your best interest to comparison shop to make sure you are getting the best deal. Drivers may still save even more than the discount even if you insure with multiple companies
- How’s your driving record? – Drivers who don’t get tickets have lower premiums compared to bad drivers. Getting just one moving violation can bump up the cost twenty percent or more. Drivers with multiple violations like DUI, reckless driving or excessive speeding might be required by their state to complete a SR-22 with the DMV in their state in order to prevent their license from being revoked.
- Amount of liability – Your auto insurance policy’s liability coverage provides coverage when a jury decides you are liable for damages caused by your negligence. Your liability coverage provides for a legal defense to defend your case. Liability insurance is pretty cheap compared to physical damage coverage, so do not cut corners here.
Cheaper rates with these premium slashing discounts
Car insurance companies don’t always advertise all discounts very clearly, so the next list breaks down a few of the more common and also the more inconspicuous credits that may apply to you.
- Sign Online – Certain auto insurance companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks get Cincinnati car insurance on their website.
- Professional Memberships – Having an affiliation with a qualifying organization could qualify you for a break on auto insurance.
- Safety Restraint Discount – Forcing all vehicle occupants to use a seat belt can save a little on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Driver’s Ed – It’s a good idea to have your young drivers enroll in driver’s education in school.
- Renewal Discounts – Some larger companies reward drivers for switching companies prior to the expiration date on your current LC 500 insurance policy. It can save you around 10%.
- Mature Driver Discount – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you can get better auto insurance rates.
- Multi-policy Discount – If you have multiple policies with one company you could save nearly 15% which can help you find affordable Lexus LC 500 insurance rates in Cincinnati.
- Safe Driver Discounts – Drivers without accidents may receive a discount up to 45% compared to accident prone drivers.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices prevent vehicle theft and can earn a small discount on your policy.
- Federal Employees – Being employed by or retired from a federal job could qualify for a slight premium decrease but check with your company.
A quick disclaimer, some of the credits will not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. Just because it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, nobody gets a free ride.
A list of companies and a selection of discounts can be found below.
- Progressive may offer discounts for multi-policy, online quote discount, good student, continuous coverage, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and online signing.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for air bags, defensive driver, military active duty, federal employee, membership and employees, daytime running lights, and good student.
- State Farm may include discounts for passive restraint, anti-theft, Steer Clear safe driver discount, good student, accident-free, student away at school, and Drive Safe & Save.
- Esurance discounts include anti-lock brakes, defensive driver, good driver, anti-theft, renters, homeowner, and paid-in-full.
- The Hartford offers discounts including air bag, anti-theft, good student, vehicle fuel type, defensive driver, and driver training.
It’s a good idea to ask each insurance company which discounts they offer. All car insurance discounts might not apply in every state.
Car insurance agents are professional risk managers
Certain consumers would rather sit down and talk to an agent. One of the great benefits of comparing insurance prices online is that you can find cheap insurance rates but still work with a licensed agent. Buying insurance from local insurance agencies is especially important in Cincinnati.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this simple form, your insurance data is submitted to companies in Cincinnati who will return price quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to contact any insurance agencies since price quotes are sent to you directly. You can get cheaper insurance rates without having to waste a lot of time. If you have a need to get a rate quote for a specific company, you can always find their quoting web page and fill out their quote form.
The following is a list of car insurance companies in Cincinnati willing to provide comparison quotes for Lexus LC 500 insurance in Cincinnati.
- Greg Meinberg – State Farm Insurance Agent
3322 Erie Ave #102 – Cincinnati, OH 45208 – (513) 533-1661 – View Map
- Meissner Insurance Agency
3710 Harrison Ave – Cincinnati, OH 45211 – (513) 661-4426 – View Map
- Burkhart Insurance Agency
4291 Foley Rd – Cincinnati, OH 45238 – (513) 244-2500 – View Map
- Kinker-Eveleigh Insurance Agency
7750 Montgomery Rd – Cincinnati, OH 45236 – (513) 891-6615 – View Map
Picking a insurer should include more criteria than just a cheap quote. Any good agent in Cincinnati should know the answers to these questions.
- Are there any extra charges for paying monthly?
- What kind of financial rating does the company have?
- Does the quote include credit and driving reports?
- What company do they have the most business with?
- Are claims handled at the agent’s location?
- What is the agency’s Better Business Bureau rating?
- Do they have adequate Errors and Omissions coverage? This protects you if they make a mistake.
After talking to the agent and getting positive responses to any questions you have in addition to an acceptable price estimate, you may have found a company that is a good match to provide insurance coverage.
Which auto insurance company is best in Ohio?
Ending up with a highly-rated auto insurance provider is hard considering how many companies are available to choose from in Ohio. The ranking information below may help you analyze which providers you want to consider putting your business with.
Top 10 Cincinnati Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- Liberty Mutual
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- The General
Top 10 Cincinnati Car Insurance Companies Overall
- 21st Century
- AAA Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
- Safeco Insurance
- State Farm
- American Family
Which is the best insurance?
When choosing proper insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really is not a best way to insure your cars. Everyone’s situation is a little different so your insurance needs to address that.
Here are some questions about coverages that could help you determine if your insurance needs might need professional guidance.
- Am I covered if I back into my garage door?
- Where can I find DUI or SR-22 insurance?
- How much cheaper are high deductibles?
- Can my babysitter drive my car?
- Am I insured when driving a different vehicle?
- Should I rate my Lexus LC 500 as pleasure use or commute?
- I have good health insurance, so how much medical payments coverage do I need?
- What is UM/UIM insurance?
If you can’t answer these questions but you know they apply to you, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
What is YOUR best insurance company?
When you buy Cincinnati car insurance online, it’s very important that you do not reduce needed coverages to save money. There are many occasions where drivers have reduced uninsured motorist or liability limits only to find out that the savings was not a smart move. Your goal should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at a price you can afford, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
We just covered many ideas to find lower-cost Lexus LC 500 insurance in Cincinnati. It’s most important to understand that the more companies you get premium rates for, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even find the most savings is with a small mutual company. These smaller insurers may have significantly lower premium rates on certain market segments compared to the large companies like Progressive and GEICO.
Even more information is located in these articles:
- Drunk Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Cincinnati Auto Insurance Quotes for a School Permit? (FAQ)
- How Much are Cincinnati Car Insurance Rates for Nurses? (FAQ)
- Reducing Your Risks in a Car Crash Video (iihs.org)
- What to do at the Scene of an Accident (Insurance Information Institute)
- Learn About Car Insurance (GEICO)
- Safety Features for Your New Car (State Farm)