It’s shocking but almost 70% of drivers in Ohio kept their policy with the same company for well over three years, and nearly 40% of drivers have never shopped around. Most drivers in the United States could save an average of 47% each year, but they just don’t understand the large savings they would see if they switched.
If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to find discount Chevy Blazer insurance is to regularly compare quotes from companies who sell insurance in Cincinnati.
Step 1: Spend some time learning about auto insurance and the measures you can take to keep rates in check. Many policy risk factors that are responsible for high rates such as inattentive driving and a not-so-good credit history can be amended by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility. This article provides ideas to find cheap rates and get additional discounts that may have been overlooked.
Step 2: Request rate estimates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can provide rates from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agents can quote prices for a wide range of insurance providers.
Step 3: Compare the price quotes to your existing coverage and determine if cheaper Blazer coverage is available. If you find better rates, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
An important part of this process is that you use the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on every price quote and and to look at as many car insurance companies as possible. This guarantees a fair rate comparison and a complete rate analysis.
Which Chevy Blazer insurance is cheapest in Cincinnati, OH?
It’s important to know that more quotes increases the chance that you will find the best price. Not every company allows you to get online price quotes, so you should also compare rates on coverage from those companies, too.
The car insurance companies shown below are our best choices to provide price quotes in Ohio. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you visit several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Cheaper rates on Chevy Blazer insurance in Cincinnati with these discounts
Some insurers don’t always list all available discounts very clearly, so the following is a list of a few of the more common and the harder-to-find discounts that you may qualify for.
- Discount for Multiple Policies – If you combine your home and auto policies with one insurance company you may save at least 10% off all policies.
- Cincinnati Homeowners Pay Less – Owning a home in Cincinnati can help you save on car insurance because maintaining a house means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- Lower Rates for Military – Having a family member in the military can result in better prices.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Cars, trucks, and SUVs that have steering control and anti-lock brakes are safer to drive and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints – Options like air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may get savings of more than 20%.
- Federal Government Employee – Employees or retirees of the government could provide a small rate reduction with select insurance companies.
- Safe Drivers – Drivers who avoid accidents can save up to 40% or more on their Cincinnati car insurance quote compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Insuring multiple cars on one policy can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Onboard Data Collection – Insureds who allow driving data collection to look at driving patterns by using a telematics device in their vehicle such as Drivewise from Allstate or Snapshot from Progressive could see a rate decrease as long as they are good drivers.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that some credits don’t apply to the overall cost of the policy. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. Even though the math looks like adding up those discounts means a free policy, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy. Any amount of discount will positively reduce your overall bill.
Insurance companies who may offer many of the previously listed discounts may include but are not limited to:
Before buying, ask all the companies how you can save money. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not apply to policies in every state.
Best reasons to buy insurance in Ohio
Despite the high cost, insurance is required for several reasons.
- The majority of states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a minimum amount of liability protection in order to drive the car legally. In Ohio these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Blazer has a lienholder, most lenders will require that you buy full coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the lender may insure your Chevy at an extremely high rate and force you to pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects your vehicle and your assets. It will also provide coverage for medical bills for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance will also pay for a defense attorney if you are sued as the result of an accident. If your Chevy gets damaged, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of insuring your Blazer are definitely more than the cost, especially with large liability claims. But the average driver in Ohio is currently overpaying as much as $830 a year so shop around at every policy renewal to be sure current rates are still competitive.
When do I need an agent’s advice?
When choosing insurance from an agent or online, there is no “perfect” insurance plan. You are unique and your policy should reflect that.
These are some specific questions might help in determining whether your personal situation could use an agent’s help.
- What is UM/UIM insurance?
- When should I buy a commercial auto policy?
- Is my teenager covered with friends in the car?
- What if I owe more than I can insure my car for?
- Should I rate my vehicle as business use?
- Should I have combined single limit or split liability limits?
- I have health insurance so do I need medical payments coverage?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you may need to chat with an agent. If you don’t have a local agent, simply complete this short form or click here for a list of car insurance companies in your area.
Local insurance agents
Many people just prefer to sit down with an agent and that can be a great decision An additional benefit of comparing car insurance online is that drivers can save money and get cheaper auto insurance rates and still buy from a local agent. And buying from neighborhood insurance agencies is important especially in Cincinnati.
Once you complete this simple form, the coverage information gets sent to participating agents in Cincinnati who will give you bids for your insurance coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to drive around since rate quotes are delivered to you instantly. You’ll get the best rates and a licensed agent to work with. If you need to get a price quote from a specific car insurance provider, don’t hesitate to search and find their rate quote page and complete a quote there.
Listed below are agents in Cincinnati that are able to give rate quotes for Chevy Blazer insurance in Cincinnati.
- Dillhoff Insurance
120 E 4th St # 1000 – Cincinnati, OH 45202 – (513) 621-2020 – View Map
- Richard Curry Jr – State Farm Insurance Agent
4953 Delhi Ave – Cincinnati, OH 45238 – (513) 451-5205 – View Map
- Meissner Insurance Agency
3710 Harrison Ave – Cincinnati, OH 45211 – (513) 661-4426 – View Map
- Gibbs and Associates Insurance
7710 Shawnee Run Rd # G2 – Cincinnati, OH 45243 – (513) 561-5551 – View Map
Choosing the best company requires more thought than just the bottom line cost. The following questions are important to ask.
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
- Do they specialize in personal lines coverage in Cincinnati?
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
- Do they have cheaper tiers of coverage?
- Did they already check your driving record and credit reports?