Trying to find more affordable Acura RL insurance in Cincinnati? Getting the lowest price Cincinnati Acura RL insurance quotes online can appear to be impossible for drivers who are new to comparing rates on the internet. When there are so many companies, how can anyone efficiently compare every company in order to find the lowest price available?
Unimaginable but true, nearly 70% of drivers kept buying from the same company for a minimum of four years, and virtually 40% of consumers have never shopped around. Ohio drivers could pocket as much as 55% a year by just shopping around, but they don’t invest the time required to shop their coverage around.
You should take the time to price shop coverage quite often because insurance prices tend to go up over time. Even if you think you had the lowest price on Acura RL insurance in Cincinnati six months ago you can probably find a lower rate today. There are lots of tips to save on RL insurance on the internet, but in this article, you’re going to get some proven techniques to lower your insurance rates in Cincinnati.
Low cost Cincinnati Acura RL insurance quotes online
To get cheaper Cincinnati car insurance quotes, there a variety of ways to compare prices from different Cincinnati insurance companies. The easiest way to comparison shop is to get quotes online. Just keep in mind that obtaining a wide range of quotes helps you find lower pricing. Some regional insurers cannot provide online Cincinnati RL insurance quotes, so it’s necessary to compare price estimates from them as well.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer free quotes in Ohio. If your goal is to find cheap auto insurance in Ohio, we recommend you visit several of them to get the best price comparison.
Rates and detailed analysis
The data table displayed next covers estimates of insurance policy prices for Acura RL models. Having a good grasp of how insurance prices are formulated can help you make smart choices when purchasing an insurance policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|RL 3.7 with Tech Package||$270||$558||$306||$18||$92||$1,244||$104|
|RL 3.7 with Tech/CMBS Package||$270||$558||$306||$18||$92||$1,244||$104|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices based on single female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Ohio minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, safe-driver, claim-free, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle. Rate information does not factor in your specific Cincinnati location which can impact coverage prices greatly.
The chart below illustrates how choosing a deductible and can change Acura RL insurance costs for different age groups. The costs are based on a married female driver, comp and collision included, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Acura RL insurance rates: Men versus women
The information below shows the difference between Acura RL insurance rates for male and female drivers. The data assumes no claims or violations, comp and collision included, $500 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are factored in.
Full coverage rates compared to liability-only
The chart below illustrates the comparison of Acura RL auto insurance rates with liability coverage only compared to full coverage. The data is based on no claims, a clean driving record, $1,000 deductibles, single status, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
When to drop comprehensive and collision coverage
There is no exact formula of when to stop paying for comp and collision coverage, but there is a general convention. If the annual cost of coverage is more than around 10% of replacement cost minus your deductible, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
For example, let’s pretend your Acura RL settlement value is $7,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most you would receive is $6,000 after you pay the deductible. If you are paying over $600 a year for comprehensive and collision coverage, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
There are some cases where buying only liability insurance is not a good idea. If you have an outstanding loan on your vehicle, you have to carry full coverage as part of the loan requirements. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is in an accident, you should not buy liability only.
Three reasons to insure your Acura vehicle
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure an Acura in Cincinnati, insurance serves an important purpose.
- Just about all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires specific limits of liability insurance coverage if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Ohio these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Acura RL, more than likely the lender will require that you have full coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you let the policy lapse, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Acura for a lot more money and require you to pay for the expensive policy.
- Insurance protects not only your Acura RL but also your assets. Insurance will also pay for most medical and hospital costs for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also covers legal expenses if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, your policy will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of buying enough insurance outweigh the cost, particularly for liability claims. According to a recent study, the average American driver overpays more than $865 each year so smart consumers compare quotes once a year at a minimum to ensure rates are competitive.
Why Informed Consumers Pay Less for Acura RL Insurance
Multiple criteria are taken into consideration when you get your auto insurance bill. Most are fairly basic such as traffic violations, but other criteria are more transparent such as your marital status and annual miles driven.
The itemized list below are most of the major factors that factor into prices.
Premiums increase with driving tickets – Just one driving citation may cause rates to rise by twenty percent. Careful drivers pay less for auto insurance compared to bad drivers. Drivers unfortunate enough to have severe violations such as hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions may find that they have to to submit a SR-22 form to the state department of motor vehicles in order to drive a vehicle legally.
The illustration below demonstrates how speeding tickets and at-fault fender-benders can influence Acura RL premium costs for different age categories. The price estimates are based on a single male driver, full coverage, $500 deductibles, and no discounts are applied.
- Insurance rates for married couples – Having a spouse may earn you lower rates when buying auto insurance. Having a significant other may mean you are more financially stable and statistics prove drivers who are married file infrequent claims.
- Raise deductibles and save – Coverage for physical damage, also known as collision and other-than-collision, is used to repair damage to your vehicle. Examples of covered claims are running into the backend of another car, damage from fire, and rolling your vehicle. Deductibles for physical damage tell how much you are required to spend out-of-pocket before a claim is paid by your company. The more of the claim you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the lower your rates will be.
- Vocation stress can affect rates – Careers like fire fighters, architects, and dentists usually pay the highest rates in part from high stress and lots of time spent away from family. On the other hand, professions such as professors, athletes and homemakers get better rates.
Experienced drivers are lower risk – Youthful drivers in Ohio are proven to be easily distracted when driving so auto insurance rates are higher. Older insureds have been proven to be more responsible, cause fewer claims and accidents, and are generally more financially stable.
The following chart uses these variables: single driver, full coverage with $100 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
- Alarms and GPS tracking lower auto insurance rates – Driving a car with a theft deterrent system can help bring down rates. Theft prevention features such as vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems can thwart car theft and help bring rates down.
Insurance losses for an Acura RL – Insurers use claims history to help calculate premium costs. Models that the statistics show to have higher claim frequency or loss amount will cost more for coverage. The table shown below demonstrates the compiled insurance loss statistics for Acura RL vehicles.
For each policy coverage, the loss probability for all vehicles, regardless of make or model, is considered to be 100. Percentage numbers below 100 indicate a favorable loss history, while values over 100 point to more frequent losses or an increased probability of a larger loss.
Acura RL Insurance Claim Statistics Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Acura RLX 4dr 128 63 179 82BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Don’t neglect these rate reducing discounts
Car insurance companies don’t always advertise all their discounts very clearly, so the below list has both well-publicized and the harder-to-find credits that may apply to you. If you’re not getting every credit you deserve, you may be paying too high a price.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices can help prevent theft and that can save you a little bit as well.
- Student Discounts – A discount for being a good student may save you up to 25%. Most companies allow this discount well after school through age 25.
- Life Insurance Discount – Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn a discounted price on car insurance if you buy some life insurance too.
- Distant Student Discount – Kids who are enrolled in higher education away from home and do not have access to a covered vehicle may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Early Payment Discounts – If you can afford to pay the entire bill instead of making monthly payments you can avoid monthly service charges.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Fewer annual miles on your Acura may enable drivers to earn slightly better insurance rates than normal.
As a disclaimer on discounts, some credits don’t apply to all coverage premiums. A few only apply to individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. Even though it may seem like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, companies don’t profit that way. But all discounts will lower your overall bill.
The illustration below illustrates the difference between Acura RL yearly insurance costs with and without policy discounts. The information is based on a female driver, no claims, a clean driving record, Ohio state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, homeowner, multi-car, marriage, multi-policy, and safe-driver discounts applied.
Car insurance companies that may offer quotes with these benefits include:
When quoting, ask all companies you are considering which discounts they offer. Discounts might not be available to policyholders in your state.
Local Cincinnati insurance agencies and insurance
Some consumers just want to get advice from a local agent and doing so can bring peace of mind A nice benefit of comparing rates online is that you can find cheaper rates and still have a local agent. Buying insurance from local agencies is still important in Cincinnati.
After filling out this quick form, your coverage information is emailed to local insurance agents in Cincinnati who will give competitive quotes for your business. There is no need to leave your house since price quotes are sent straight to your inbox. It’s the lowest rates AND a local agent. In the event you want to get a price quote from a specific company, don’t hesitate to find their quoting web page to submit a rate quote request.
If you want to use local Cincinnati agents, you need to know there are two different agency structures and how they are slightly different. Insurance policy providers are classified as either exclusive agents or independent agents.
Independent Insurance Agencies
Independent agencies do not have single company limitations and that enables them to quote your coverage with a variety of different insurance companies and get the cheapest rates. To move your coverage to a new company, your agent can just switch to a different company and you don’t have to do anything. If you need lower rates, you definitely need to include rate quotes from a few independent agents so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare. Many independent agencies also insure through lesser-known insurance companies that may provide cheaper insurance rates.
Featured below are independent agents in Cincinnati who may provide free insurance rate quotes.
- Zimmer Insurance Agency
2148 Gilbert Ave – Cincinnati, OH 45206 – (513) 381-1919 – View Map
- Gibbs and Associates Insurance
7710 Shawnee Run Rd # G2 – Cincinnati, OH 45243 – (513) 561-5551 – View Map
- Hettesheimer Insurance Agency Inc.
3254 Montana Ave #1000 – Cincinnati, OH 45211 – (513) 661-7581 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be exclusive are contracted to one company like Allstate, State Farm and Farmers Insurance. They are unable to compare other company’s rates so it’s a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive agents are usually quite knowledgeable on the products they sell and that can be a competitive advantage. Drivers often use the same exclusive agent mainly due to the brand legacy instead of buying on price only.
The following is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in Cincinnati willing to provide comparison quotes.
- Chuck Detmering – State Farm Insurance Agent
2638 Kipling Ave – Cincinnati, OH 45239 – (513) 741-4500 – View Map
- Dennis Howard – State Farm Insurance Agent
309 W Kemper Rd – Cincinnati, OH 45246 – (513) 771-1436 – View Map
- Mike Albrinck – State Farm Insurance Agent
9018 Reading Rd – Cincinnati, OH 45215 – (513) 563-9099 – View Map
Picking an insurance agency requires you to look at more than just a cheap price quote. The following questions are important to ask.
- Do they write coverage based solely on cost?
- Which insurance company do they prefer to write with?
- Do the coverages you’re quoting properly cover your vehicle?
- Will the agent or a CSR service your policy?
- Are they primarily personal or commercial lines agents in Cincinnati?
Cincinnati auto insurance companies ranked
Ending up with a highly-rated auto insurance company is hard considering how many companies provide coverage in Cincinnati. The company information in the lists below could help you select which auto insurance companies you want to consider shopping prices with.
Top 10 Cincinnati Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- AAA Insurance
- Erie Insurance
- State Farm
- Liberty Mutual
- Safeco Insurance
- 21st Century
Top 10 Cincinnati Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- USAA – A++
- GEICO – A++
- Travelers – A++
- State Farm – A++
- Allstate – A+
- Progressive – A+
- Erie Insurance – A+
- The Hartford – A+
- Nationwide – A+
- Esurance – A+
Do the work, save more money
Consumers switch companies for any number of reasons including policy non-renewal, denial of a claim, high rates after DUI convictions or an unsatisfactory settlement offer. Regardless of your reason, switching companies is actually quite simple.
Lower-priced Acura RL insurance in Cincinnati can be bought online as well as from independent agents in Cincinnati, so get free Cincinnati car insurance quotes from both of them in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some companies don’t offer online quoting and usually these regional carriers only sell coverage through local independent agencies.
As you shop your coverage around, don’t be tempted to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There are many occasions where an accident victim reduced comprehensive coverage or liability limits to discover at claim time they didn’t have enough coverage. The proper strategy is to buy the best coverage you can find at the best price but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
Steps to buying lower priced Acura RL insurance in Cincinnati
It takes a little time, but the best way to save on car insurance rates is to start doing a yearly price comparison from insurers who provide auto insurance in Cincinnati. Rate comparisons can be done by following these steps.
- Step 1: Try to understand policy coverages and the measures you can control to keep rates down. Many things that are responsible for high rates such as accidents, traffic tickets, and a bad credit rating can be controlled by being financially responsible and driving safely.
- Step 2: Request rate estimates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give rate quotes from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can quote prices from many different companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new rates to your existing policy to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find better rates and buy the policy, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
- Step 4: Give proper notification to your current agent or company to cancel your current auto insurance policy and submit a completed policy application and payment to the new company. Don’t forget to place the new certificate verifying coverage with your registration paperwork.
One key aspect when comparing rates is that you’ll want to make sure you compare similar coverage information on each price quote and and to look at every insurance company. Doing this ensures a fair rate comparison and many rates to choose from.
For more information, feel free to browse the following helpful articles:
- What Does No-Fault Insurance Cover? (Allstate)
- Who Has Affordable Cincinnati Auto Insurance Quotes for Inexperienced Drivers? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for Low Credit Scores in Cincinnati? (FAQ)
- How Much is Cincinnati Auto Insurance for a 20 Year Old Female? (FAQ)
- How Much is Car Insurance for a Toyota Tacoma in Cincinnati? (FAQ)
- Rollover Crash FAQ (iihs.org)
- Determining Your Vehicle’s Value and Repair Cost (Insurance Information Institute)
- Your Car has been Stolen: Now What? (Allstate)
- All About Airbag Safety (State Farm)