Everyone knows that insurance companies don’t want you to look for cheaper rates. People who shop around for cheaper rates will probably switch to a new company because there are good odds of finding better rates. A recent survey revealed that consumers who shopped around annually saved $72 a month compared to other drivers who never shopped around for better prices.
If saving the most money on Saturn Astra insurance in Cincinnati is your goal, then learning about the best way to quote and compare insurance premiums can make it easier to find better rates.
It takes a little time, but the best way to get cheaper car insurance rates is to compare quotes annually from insurance carriers who provide auto insurance in Cincinnati.
- First, spend a few minutes and learn about how insurance works and the factors you can control to drop your rates. Many risk factors that result in higher rates such as traffic citations and poor credit rating can be remedied by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
- Second, compare rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give rate quotes from one company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agents can provide prices from multiple insurance companies. Compare rates now
- Third, compare the price quotes to your current policy premium to see if a cheaper price is available. If you can save money and decide to switch, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Fourth, give notification to your current company of your intent to cancel the current policy. Submit the completed application along with a down payment to the new insurer. Immediately upon receiving it, safely store the proof of insurance certificate in a readily accessible location in your vehicle.
An important bit of advice to remember is to try to use the same deductibles and limits on each quote and and to analyze all possible companies. This ensures a fair price comparison and the best rate selection.
If you have car insurance now, you will most likely be able to get lower rates using these tips. Locating the best rates in Cincinnati can be made easier if you know where to look. But Ohio vehicle owners can benefit by having an understanding of the way insurance companies calculate your policy premium because rates fluctuate considerably.
Just keep in mind that comparing all the rates in your area increases the chance that you will find more affordable rates.
The companies shown below offer comparison quotes in Ohio. If you want to find cheaper auto insurance in Cincinnati, we suggest you click on several of them to get the best price comparison.
Comparing prices from local Cincinnati auto insurance agents
Some consumers prefer to visit with an insurance agent and we recommend doing that The biggest benefit of getting free rate quotes online is the fact that drivers can get the lowest rates and still choose a local agent.
After filling out this form (opens in new window), your information is immediately sent to local insurance agents who can give free rate quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. There is no need to even leave your home since rate quotes are delivered to you directly. You can find better rates and an insurance agent to talk to. In the event you want to compare rates for a specific company, you can always go to their quote page and submit a quote form there.
Finding a good provider is decision based upon more than just the premium amount. These are some valid questions you should ask.
- Can you contact them at any time?
- Do the coverages you’re quoting properly cover your vehicle?
- Are aftermarket or OEM parts used to repair vehicles?
- How many years have they been established?
- When do they do a full risk review?
- Is their price quote a firm figure or are their hidden costs?
- Can you use your own choice of collision repair facility?
If you want a reliable agent, there are two types of insurance agents and how they operate. Car insurance agencies can be described as either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive.
Agents that elect to be exclusive have only one company to place business with such as AAA, Allstate, State Farm, or Farmers Insurance. They usually cannot compare other company’s rates so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive agencies receive extensive training on the products they sell and that allows them to sell at a higher price point.
The following are exclusive insurance agencies in Cincinnati who may provide you with rate quotes.
Mike Schweppe – State Farm Insurance Agent
5956 Glenway Ave – Cincinnati, OH 45238 – (513) 922-1442 – View Map
Harold Jones – State Farm Insurance Agent
9816 Springfield Pike – Cincinnati, OH 45215 – (513) 771-6226 – View Map
Beth Wilker – State Farm Insurance Agent
8406 Winton Rd – Cincinnati, OH 45231 – (513) 521-0884 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
These agents are normally appointed by many insurers and that is an advantage because they can write policies with lots of companies and potentially find a lower price. If you are not satisfied with one company, an independent agent can move your coverage which requires no work on your part. When comparing rates, you definitely need to get rate quotes from a few independent agents so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare.
Listed below are independent agents in Cincinnati that are able to give price quote information.
R G Mc Graw Insurance Inc
324 E 4th St – Cincinnati, OH 45202 – (513) 381-7881 – View Map
5879 Cheviot Rd – Cincinnati, OH 45247 – (513) 741-2100 – View Map
Burkhart Insurance Agency
4291 Foley Rd – Cincinnati, OH 45238 – (513) 244-2500 – View Map
Upon getting positive feedback to these questions as well as cheaper Astra insurance quotes, you may have found an insurance agency that is a good match to properly insure your vehicles. Keep in mind it’s your coverage and you can cancel your coverage at any point so never feel you’re contractually obligated to any specific agency for the full policy term.