It’s an obvious statement that insurance companies don’t want you to look for a cheaper policy. Insureds who shop for lower rates will, in all likelihood, switch to a new company because of the high probability of finding discount prices. A recent insurance study revealed that consumers who shopped around annually saved on average $72 a month as compared to drivers who never shopped around for lower prices.
If finding budget-friendly rates on auto insurance is your goal, then having a grasp of how to quote prices and compare insurance can make it easier to shop your coverage around.
If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to find cheaper prices for Kia Borrego insurance is to start comparing prices yearly from insurance carriers who sell auto insurance in Cincinnati.
- Gain an understanding of the coverage provided by your policy and the things you can control to prevent rate increases. Many factors that result in higher prices such as traffic tickets, fender benders, and an imperfect credit rating can be eliminated by being financially responsible and driving safely.
- Request rate estimates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can provide rates from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agents can provide rate quotes from many different companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy premium and see if there is a cheaper rate. If you find better rates and switch companies, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
The most important part of shopping around is that you use the same coverage limits and deductibles on each price quote and and to look at as many auto insurance providers as possible. Doing this helps ensure a fair rate comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
When looking for low cost Cincinnati car insurance quotes, there are a couple ways to compare rate quotes from all the different companies. The best way to find the lowest Kia Borrego rates is simply to get online rate quotes.
It’s important to know that obtaining a wide range of quotes will improve the odds of getting more affordable rates. Not every company provides online price quotes, so it’s necessary to compare price estimates from those companies as well.
The companies shown below are ready to provide price quotes in Ohio. To find cheap auto insurance in Cincinnati, we recommend you compare several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Protect more than your vehicle
Despite the potentially high cost of Kia Borrego insurance, insurance serves an important purpose.
- Just about all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a minimum amount of liability insurance in order to license the vehicle. In Ohio these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Kia, almost all lenders will make it a condition of the loan that you buy insurance to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank may insure your Kia at a significantly higher premium and force you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance preserves both your assets and your vehicle. It will also provide coverage for medical expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, will also pay for a defense attorney in the event you are sued. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of having insurance more than cancel out the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. As of last year, the average driver in Ohio is wasting up to $750 every year so smart consumers compare quotes at least once a year to make sure the price is not too high.
Smart Buyers Save More
Lots of factors are considered when premium rates are determined. Some factors are common sense such as your driving record, although some other factors are less obvious such as your marital status or your financial responsibility.
Is insurance cheaper for men or women? – The statistics show women tend to be less risk to insure than men. Now that doesn’t mean men are worse drivers. They both are in fender benders in similar numbers, but guys tend to have more serious accidents. Men also statistically get higher numbers of serious violations such as driving while intoxicated (DWI) or driving recklessly. Males from age 16 to 21 are several times more likely to be in an accident so it costs more to insure them.
Save by driving less – Driving more miles in a year’s time the higher your rates will be. The majority of insurers charge rates partially by how you use the vehicle. Cars that have low annual miles get more affordable rates than vehicles that have high annual mileage. Having the wrong rating on your Borrego is just wasting money. Ask your agent if your insurance coverage properly reflects annual mileage, because improper ratings can cost you money.
Safer cars cost less to insure – Safe vehicles get lower rates. Safe vehicles help reduce the chance of injuries in an accident and reduced instances of injuries means your insurance company pays less which can result in lower premiums.
Improve your credit score and save – Having a bad credit rating is likely to be a major factor in determining what you pay. If your credit score leaves room for improvement, you could save money insuring your Kia Borrego by improving your rating. Insureds with excellent credit scores tend to file fewer claims than drivers with lower credit scores.
Having a spouse is a good thing – Getting married can actually save you money on your insurance bill. Marriage usually means you are more mature and responsible and it’s proven that drivers who are married file infrequent claims.
Auto insurance policy discounts you can’t miss
Companies offering auto insurance don’t list every available discount in a way that’s easy to find, so the next list breaks down a few of the more well known as well as the least known discounts that may be available.
- Active Service Discounts – Being deployed with a military unit could trigger a small discount.
- Accident-Free Discounts – Good drivers with no accidents get the best auto insurance rates when compared with accident-prone drivers.
- Theft Deterrent Discount – Cars that have factory anti-theft systems are less likely to be stolen and will save you 10% or more on Borrego insurance in Cincinnati.
- Braking Control Discount – Cars and trucks equipped with ABS or steering control are safer to drive and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- Senior Citizen Rates – Older drivers are able to get a slight reduction on a Cincinnati car insurance quote.
- Paperless Signup – Some auto insurance companies will give a small break for buying a policy and signing up on the web.
- Waiver for an Accident – Not a discount per se, but companies like Liberty Mutual, Allstate and State Farm will let one accident slide without the usual rate increase so long as you are claim-free for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Telematics Discount – Cincinnati drivers who agree to allow driving data collection to look at driving manner through the use of a telematics system like Drivewise from Allstate or In-Drive from State Farm might see lower rates if their driving habits are good.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most discount credits are not given to all coverage premiums. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. Just because it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, nobody gets a free ride.
Auto insurance companies that may offer quotes with most of the discounts above are:
Double check with all the companies which discounts they offer. Depending on the company, some discounts might not be available to policyholders in every state. To view insurers who offer free Kia Borrego insurance quotes in Ohio, click this link.
When to contact an agent
Certain consumers prefer to talk to a local agent and that is a personal choice. One of the great benefits of comparing insurance prices online is you can get the best rates and still have an agent to talk to. And buying from local agencies is still important in Cincinnati.
To find an agent, once you fill out this quick form, the coverage information is sent to companies in Cincinnati who will return price quotes for your car insurance coverage. There is no reason to do any legwork due to the fact that quote results will go immediately to you. You can find better rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. If for some reason you want to quote rates from a particular provider, you just need to find their quoting web page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Multiple types of auto insurance agents in Cincinnati
If you are wanting to find an insurance agent, it’s helpful to know the types of agencies from which to choose. Car insurance agents in Cincinnati can be categorized as either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent insurance agents often have many company appointments and that allows them to write policies with a variety of different insurance companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If your premiums go up, your agent can switch companies which requires no work on your part. If you are trying to find cheaper rates, you definitely need to compare prices from several independent insurance agents to have the best price comparison. Most also have access to mutual insurance companies which can be an advantage.
Below are Cincinnati independent insurance agencies that may be able to provide free car insurance quotes.
- Htt Agency
5879 Cheviot Rd – Cincinnati, OH 45247 – (513) 741-2100 – View Map
- Globe Insurance
2619 Erie Ave – Cincinnati, OH 45208 – (513) 871-3330 – View Map
- Iori Insurance Agency
3310 Westbourne Dr – Cincinnati, OH 45248 – (513) 661-2445 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents in the exclusive channel normally can only provide a single company’s rates such as AAA, State Farm, Farmers Insurance, and Allstate. They are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive agencies are well trained in insurance sales which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. Many people use the same agent partially due to the prominent brand name and solid financial strength.
The following is a short list of exclusive agencies in Cincinnati willing to provide price quotes.
- Letitia Fulkerson – State Farm Insurance Agent
882 Ohio Pike – Cincinnati, OH 45245 – (513) 752-2144 – View Map
- Connor Smith – State Farm Insurance Agent
9620 Colerain Ave #25 – Cincinnati, OH 45251 – (513) 385-3385 – View Map
- Bob Donnelly – State Farm Insurance Agent
2063 Beechmont Ave – Cincinnati, OH 45230 – (513) 231-4975 – View Map
Choosing an car insurance agent should depend on more than just the price. Here are some questions to ask:
- Who is covered by the car insurance policy?
- Are they in the agency full-time?
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
- What company do they have the most business with?
- Who are their largest clients?
- By raising physical damage deductibles, how much would you save?
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
Once you have answers to your satisfaction to your questions and cheaper Borrego insurance quotes, it’s a good possibility that you have found an auto insurance agent that meets the requirements to service your policy. Just keep in mind you are entitled to terminate coverage whenever you wish so never feel that you are permanently stuck with any specific agency for the entire policy term.
Compare car insurance prices regularly to save
As you restructure your insurance plan, never buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. Too many times, an insured dropped full coverage to discover at claim time that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your aim should be to purchase plenty of coverage for the lowest cost, not the least amount of coverage.
Insureds who switch companies do it for any number of reasons including not issuing a premium refund, poor customer service, policy cancellation and even denial of a claim. Whatever your reason, finding a new company is actually quite simple.
Cheaper car insurance in Cincinnati can be found on the web as well as from independent agents in Cincinnati, and you should compare price quotes from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. There are still a few companies who may not provide online quoting and most of the time these small insurance companies prefer to sell through local independent agents.
- Rearview cameras reduce backing crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has Affordable Cincinnati Auto Insurance for a Nissan Altima? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for High Risk Drivers in Cincinnati? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Camry in Cincinnati? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Cincinnati Auto Insurance Rates with Multiple Speeding Tickets? (FAQ)
- Credit Impacts Car Insurance Rates (State Farm)
- Crash Avoidance Technologies FAQ (iihs.org)