If you want to save the most money, the best way to save money on auto insurance rates in Cincinnati is to do a yearly price comparison from companies in Ohio. This can be done by completing these steps.
First, take a few minutes and learn about how auto insurance works and the things you can change to prevent rate increases. Many risk factors that are responsible for high rates such as at-fault accidents and an unacceptable credit score can be rectified by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
Second, request rate estimates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can give quotes from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agencies can quote rates from multiple sources. Compare rates now
Third, compare the new quotes to your existing policy and determine if cheaper Magnum coverage is available. If you find a lower rate and switch companies, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
Fourth, give proper notification to your current agent or company of your decision to cancel your current auto insurance policy. Submit the completed application along with a down payment to your new company or agent. As soon as you receive it, safely store the certificate verifying coverage in an accessible location in your vehicle.
The key thing to know about shopping around is to make sure you’re comparing the same amount of coverage on each quote and and to get price quotes from as many carriers as you can. Doing this enables an apples-to-apples comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
We don’t have to tell you that insurance companies don’t want you to look at other companies. Drivers who shop for lower rates will most likely switch insurance companies because there is a good probability of finding a cheaper policy. A survey found that consumers who compared rates regularly saved $850 each year as compared to drivers who never compared rates.
If finding the best price on Dodge Magnum insurance is your ultimate goal, then knowing how to get rate quotes and compare coverages can save time and money.
When looking for the cheapest Dodge Magnum rate quotes, there are a couple ways to compare prices from different Cincinnati insurance companies. The quickest method to compare Dodge Magnum insurance prices is to jump online and get quotes.
Online shopping is fast and free, and it replaces the need to drive around to insurance agencies in your area. Buying insurance online reduces the need to sit down with an agent unless you want the peace of mind of an agent trained in personal lines coverage. It is possible to get the lowest quotes online but purchase the actual policy in an agency. When comparison shopping, making a lot of price comparisons helps improve the odds of finding a lower rate than you’re paying now. Some companies don’t provide online Cincinnati Magnum insurance quotes, so you should also compare prices from those companies as well.
The providers in the list below can provide comparison quotes in Cincinnati, OH. If you wish to find cheap auto insurance in Cincinnati, it’s highly recommended you click on several of them to get the most affordable price.
Why do I need car insurance?
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Dodge Magnum in Cincinnati, insurance is required in Ohio but also provides important benefits.
- Almost all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means state laws require specific limits of liability in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Ohio these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Dodge Magnum, most banks will have a requirement that you have comprehensive coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the lender will be forced to insure your Dodge at a more expensive rate and force you to reimburse them for the expensive policy.
- Auto insurance protects both your assets and your Dodge Magnum. It will also provide coverage for medical bills for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability insurance will also pay for a defense attorney if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, your policy will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of buying auto insurance more than cancel out the cost, especially for larger claims. According to a recent study, the average American driver overpays as much as $869 every year so we recommend shopping around each time the policy renews to make sure the price is not too high.
Dodge Magnum Insurance Prices Can Be Lower
A large part of saving on car insurance is knowing the rating factors that come into play when calculating car insurance rates. If you know what influences your rates, this allows you to make good choices that may reward you with cheaper rates.
Five star NHTSA crash test rating saves money – Cars with high safety ratings get lower rates. These vehicles reduce occupant injuries and better occupant protection means lower claim amounts and cheaper rates on your policy. If your Dodge Magnum scored at minimum an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website it may cost less to insure.
Drivers with high credit save on car insurance – A driver’s credit history can be an important factor in determining what you pay. If your credit history could use some work, you may save money insuring your Dodge Magnum if you improve your credit rating. Insureds that have high credit ratings tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records than drivers who have lower credit ratings.
Extra policy coverages that may not be needed – Insurance policies have a lot of additional coverages that sound like a good idea at the time if you aren’t careful. Coverages like roadside assistance, better glass coverage, and term life insurance are some examples. They may seem good at first, but now you might not need them so consider taking them off your policy.
Type of car determines base premiums – The type of car, truck or SUV you own makes a substantial difference in your car insurance bill. Smaller low performance passenger cars receive the most favorable rates, but that’s not the only thing that factors into the final price.
Gaps in coverage mean higher prices – Driving without insurance can get you a ticket and any future policy may cost more because you let your insurance lapse for non-payment. In addition to paying higher rates, the inability to provide proof of insurance may result in a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license.
Youthful driver insurance prices – Older, more experienced drivers are more responsible, file fewer claims, and usually have better credit. Teen drivers are known to be easily distracted in a vehicle and because of this, their car insurance rates are much higher.
Affordable rates with discounts
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but companies offer discounts to help bring down the price. Certain reductions will be credited when you quote, but lesser-known reductions have to be inquired about before you get the savings.
- Telematics Discount – People who choose to allow companies to look at driving habits by using a small device installed in their vehicle such as Drivewise from Allstate or Snapshot from Progressive may get a rate reduction if they show good driving skills.
- Buy New and Save – Putting insurance on a new Magnum is cheaper because newer vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Discount for Swiching Early – Some insurance companies provide a discount for signing up prior to the expiration date on your current Magnum insurance policy. It could save around 10% when you buy Cincinnati auto insurance online.
- Distant Student Discount – Older children who live away from home at college and do not have a car can receive lower rates.
- Defensive Driving Course – Completing a class that teaches defensive driver techniques is a good idea and can lower rates and make you a better driver.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles – Drivers who insure all your vehicles with the same company can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Membership in Organizations – Being in certain professional organizations could trigger savings when shopping for insurance.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Keeping the miles down on your Dodge may enable drivers to earn lower rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- Life Insurance Discount – Some insurance companies give a small discount if you purchase life insurance.
- No Charge for an Accident – This one isn’t a discount, but companies like Liberty Mutual, Allstate and State Farm will turn a blind eye to one accident without raising rates if you are claim-free for a specific time period.
Just know that most credits do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. So despite the fact that it appears all the discounts add up to a free policy, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
Some of the insurance companies that possibly offer these money-saving discounts may include but are not limited to:
If you need lower rates, check with every insurance company which discounts they offer. Savings might not apply in Cincinnati. If you would like to view insurance companies with discount insurance rates in Cincinnati, click this link.
Everyone needs different car insurance coverages
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing insurance from an agent or online, there really is no best way to insure your cars. Everyone’s situation is a little different and your policy should reflect that.
Here are some questions about coverages that may help you determine whether your personal situation may require specific advice.
- What vehicles should carry emergency assistance coverage?
- How much can I save by bundling my policies?
- What happens if I owe more than my Dodge Magnum is worth?
- When should I not file a claim?
- Can I afford to buy a different vehicle if my Dodge Magnum is totaled?
- What are the liability requirements in my state?
- When can my company non-renew my policy?
- Why does it cost so much to insure a teen driver in Cincinnati?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but one or more may apply to you, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
Independent versus exclusive insurance agents
Certain consumers would prefer to buy from a local agent and we recommend doing that A nice benefit of comparing car insurance online is the fact that drivers can get cheap car insurance rates and also buy local.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this short form, your coverage information is immediately sent to participating agents in Cincinnati who will give you quotes for your car insurance coverage. You don’t have to contact any insurance agencies since rate quotes are delivered directly to your email. You can find the lowest rates without a big time investment. In the event you want to compare prices for a specific company, you can always navigate to their website and complete a quote there.
Finding a good provider requires more thought than just the quoted price. Here are some questions you might want to ask.
- Will your rates increase after a single accident?
- Is the agent CPCU or CIC certified?
- Can you choose the body shop in case repairs are needed?
- Is there a 24/7 contact number?
- Do they get paid more for recommending certain coverages?
What is the best auto insurance company in Cincinnati?
Selecting a highly-rated insurance provider can be difficult considering how many companies there are in Ohio. The company rank data shown next can help you decide which companies you want to consider buying from.
Top 10 Cincinnati Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- USAA – 92%
- Erie Insurance – 88%
- American Family – 88%
- State Farm – 88%
- Nationwide – 88%
- 21st Century – 88%
- AAA Insurance – 87%
- Liberty Mutual – 87%
- Farmers Insurance – 87%
- The Hartford – 87%
Top 10 Cincinnati Car Insurance Companies Overall
- 21st Century
- AAA Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
- Safeco Insurance
- State Farm
- American Family
Find cheap rates by being thorough
As you shop your coverage around, make sure you don’t buy poor coverage just to save money. There are too many instances where an insured cut collision coverage and learned later that they should have had better coverage. The proper strategy is to find the BEST coverage for the lowest price and still be able to protect your assets.
We covered a lot of techniques to reduce Dodge Magnum insurance rates online in Cincinnati. It’s most important to understand that the more times you quote, the better chance you’ll have of finding affordable Dodge Magnum insurance quotes. You may even discover the biggest savings come from a smaller regional carrier. These smaller insurers can often provide lower car insurance rates in certain areas as compared to the big name companies such as Allstate or State Farm.
- Car Insurance FAQ (Trusted Choice)
- Who Has Cheap Cincinnati Auto Insurance for Teachers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for Safe Drivers in Cincinnati? (FAQ)
- Tools for Teen Driving Safety (State Farm)
- Alcohol Impaired Driving FAQ (iihs.org)