It takes a little time, but the best way to find affordable auto insurance rates in Cincinnati is to regularly compare price quotes from companies who provide car insurance in Ohio.
- Step 1: Take a little time to learn about auto insurance and the things you can change to keep rates low. Many rating factors that cause high rates such as multiple speeding tickets and an unacceptable credit history can be amended by making minor changes to your lifestyle. Later in this article we will cover ideas to get lower rates and find additional discounts you may qualify for.
- Step 2: Compare prices from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can provide rates from a single company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can provide price quotes for a wide range of companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new rates to the premium of your current policy and determine if cheaper Trax coverage is available in Cincinnati. If you find a lower rate and change companies, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
- Step 4: Tell your current company of your decision to cancel your current coverage. Submit a completed application and payment to your new company or agent. When you receive it, keep your new proof of insurance paperwork with your registration paperwork.
One thing to point out is to use the same level of coverage on each price quote and and to analyze as many carriers as you can. Doing this enables an apples-to-apples comparison and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
It’s well known that auto insurance companies want to keep you from comparing prices. Insureds who shop around for cheaper prices are likely to buy a different policy because there are good odds of finding more affordable rates. Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that consumers who make a habit of shopping around saved as much as $860 a year compared to those who never shopped around for cheaper prices.
If finding the most affordable auto insurance is your ultimate target, then learning about how to shop for cheaper coverage can make the process more efficient.
Low Cost Chevy insurance rate quotes in Cincinnati
The companies shown below can provide price quotes in Ohio. To get the best car insurance in Ohio, we recommend you compare several of them in order to find the most competitive rates.
What Determines Chevy Trax Insurance Costs?
It’s important that you understand the different types of things that aid in calculating your premiums. When consumers understand what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this allows you to make good choices that can help you get much lower annual insurance costs. Many things are considered when pricing auto insurance. Most are fairly basic like a motor vehicle report, but other criteria are less apparent such as your credit history or how safe your car is.
Big cities mean more claims – Having an address in less populated areas of the country has it’s advantages when buying insurance. People in densely populated areas tend to have traffic congestion and longer commute times. Less people translates into fewer accident claims and a lower car theft rate.
Premiums increase with driving tickets – Having a clean driving record has a huge affect on how much you pay. Just one speeding ticket or other violation can boost insurance rates by as much as thirty percent. Good drivers tend to pay less for car insurance than bad drivers. Drivers who get flagrant violations like DUI or willful reckless driving might be required by their state to file a SR-22 with their state in order to prevent their license from being revoked.
Five star crash test rating saves money – Safe vehicles can get you lower premiums. Vehicles built for safety reduce the chance of injuries and fewer serious injuries means your insurance company pays less and cheaper rates on your policy. If your Chevy Trax scored better than an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website it is probably cheaper to insure.
Always have insurance – Having a gap between insurance policy dates is a fast way to increase your insurance rates. Not only will you pay higher rates, failure to provide proof of insurance may result in a license revocation or jail time.
Loss probability for a Chevy Trax – Auto insurance companies analyze the history of losses to calculate a price that will offset any claims. Models that the statistics show to have a trend towards higher claims will have higher premium rates. The next table illustrates the compiled insurance loss statistics for Chevy Trax vehicles.
For each insurance policy coverage type, the claim amount for all vehicles combined as an average is equal to 100. Percentage numbers below 100 suggest a better than average loss history, while numbers above 100 indicate frequent claims or a tendency for losses to be larger than average.
|Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Chevrolet Trax 4dr 2WD||79|
|Chevrolet Trax 4dr 4WD||81|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Take policy discounts and save on Chevy Trax insurance in Cincinnati
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, but there’s a good chance there are discounts that can help lower your rates. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied at the time you complete a quote, but a few must be inquired about before you will receive the discount. If you check and find you aren’t receiving every discount you qualify for, you are just wasting money.
- Telematics Devices – Insureds that choose to allow their company to look at when and where they use their vehicle by using a telematic data system such as Drivewise from Allstate or Snapshot from Progressive could save a few bucks if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- Cincinnati Homeowners Discount – Just owning your own home may trigger a policy discount on insurance because maintaining a house is proof that your finances are in order.
- Safety Restraint Discount – Requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts can save 10% or more on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- ABS Brakes – Cars with anti-lock braking systems are safer to drive and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Multi-line Discount – Larger insurance companies have lower premium rates if you buy life insurance from them.
- Theft Deterrent Discount – Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices prevent vehicle theft and that can save you a little bit as well.
Just know that most discounts do not apply to the entire policy premium. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. So when it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, it’s just not the way it works. Any qualifying discounts will bring down the amount you pay for coverage.
The best insurance companies and some of the discounts are outlined below.
- State Farm offers discounts including safe vehicle, anti-theft, driver’s education, accident-free, passive restraint, and multiple autos.
- GEICO may include discounts for military active duty, anti-theft, defensive driver, multi-vehicle, good student, and daytime running lights.
- Allstate offers premium reductions for passive restraint, multi-policy, resident student, utility vehicle, premier discount, and FullPay discount.
- SAFECO may offer discounts for homeowner, bundle discounts, anti-lock brakes, safe driver, multi-car, teen safe driver, and drive less.
- Farm Bureau has savings for safe driver, renewal discount, 55 and retired, youthful driver, driver training, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy.
- Progressive has discounts for good student, homeowner, online signing, multi-vehicle, and online quote discount.
- AAA includes discounts for multi-policy, good driver, multi-car, AAA membership discount, anti-theft, education and occupation, and good student.
Check with all the companies how many discounts you can get. Some of the discounts discussed earlier might not be offered on policies in your state.
Can’t I compare prices from local Cincinnati auto insurance agents?
Many people would rather get advice from a local agent and often times that is recommended Professional insurance agents can point out coverage gaps and help file insurance claims. An additional benefit of comparing rate quotes online is you can get cheap insurance rates and still have an agent to talk to. Buying from local agents is definitely important in Cincinnati.
Once you complete this quick form, the quote information is sent to local insurance agents in Cincinnati who want to provide quotes for your business. You don’t have to contact any insurance agencies because prices are sent to your email. If you have a need to compare rates from a specific company, you can always jump over to their website and fill out their quote form.
If you would like to find a reputable agency, you should know the different types of agents to choose from. Agencies in Cincinnati may be either exclusive or independent. Both types of agents can write policy coverage, but it’s a good idea to understand the subtle differences since it can affect your selection of an agent.
Agents that choose to be independent are not employed by one company so they can insure your vehicles with a variety of different insurance companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If they quote lower rates, the business is moved internally which is easy for the insured.
If you need lower rates, you will definitely want to compare quotes from independent agents so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare. Most also have access to different regional companies that many times have cheaper rates.
Shown below is a list of independent agents in Cincinnati that can give you price quotes.
- Advantage Insurance Network LLC
4739 Delhi Ave – Cincinnati, OH 45238 – (513) 922-9460 – View Map
- Htt Agency
5879 Cheviot Rd – Cincinnati, OH 45247 – (513) 741-2100 – View Map
- Dillhoff Insurance
120 E 4th St # 1000 – Cincinnati, OH 45202 – (513) 621-2020 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
These type of agents are contracted to one company such as Farmers Insurance and State Farm. Exclusive agents are unable to compare other company’s rates so you might not find the best rates. These agents receive a lot of sales training in insurance sales which helps them sell on service rather than price. A lot of people buy insurance from these agents mainly due to the brand name rather than having the cheapest rates.
Below are Cincinnati exclusive agents that can give you price quote information.
- Jackie Meadows – State Farm Insurance Agent
2036 8 Mile Rd – Cincinnati, OH 45244 – (513) 474-4940 – View Map
- Beth Wilker – State Farm Insurance Agent
8406 Winton Rd – Cincinnati, OH 45231 – (513) 521-0884 – View Map
- Dianne Michael – Allstate Insurance Agent
5062 Delhi Ave – Cincinnati, OH 45238 – (513) 451-8700 – View Map
Finding the right insurance agency should include more criteria than just a cheap price quote. Here are some questions to ask:
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
- Do they specialize in personal lines coverage in Cincinnati?
- What insurance companies do they work with in Cincinnati?
- Did they already check your driving record and credit reports?
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
After receiving good responses for all questions you ask as well as a affordable price, most likely you have located a car insurance agent that meets the criteria to provide insurance coverage. But keep in mind you are able to terminate coverage at any time so never feel you’re contractually obligated to your new company for the full term.
You can lower your auto insurance rates
Low-cost Chevy Trax insurance in Cincinnati can be purchased online as well as from independent agents in Cincinnati, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best chance of lowering rates. There are still a few companies who may not offer internet price quotes and many times these smaller providers prefer to sell through independent agencies.
People switch companies for any number of reasons including high rates after DUI convictions, delays in paying claims, delays in responding to claim requests or even policy non-renewal. Whatever your reason, finding the right auto insurance provider is easier than you think.
In this article, we covered many tips how you can get a better price on Chevy Trax insurance in Cincinnati. The key concept to understand is the more you quote Cincinnati car insurance, the better your comparison will be. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest rates are with a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising.
For more information, feel free to visit the resources below:
- A Tree Fell on Your Car: Now What? (Allstate)
- Who Has Cheap Cincinnati Auto Insurance Quotes for a School Permit? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Handicapped Drivers in Cincinnati? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for Drivers Under 25 in Cincinnati? (FAQ)
- Protecting Teens from Drunk Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- What is Full Coverage? (Allstate)