If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to get the cheapest auto insurance rates in Cincinnati is to compare quotes once a year from insurers in Ohio.
- Take a few minutes and learn about how auto insurance works and the changes you can make to keep rates low. Many rating factors that cause rate increases like at-fault accidents and an unacceptable credit score can be remedied by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes. Continue reading for the details to get low prices and find possible discounts that are available.
- Request rate estimates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only give prices from a single company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can provide prices for a wide range of insurance providers. Compare rates now
- Compare the new quotes to your current policy and see if you can save money. If you find better rates and switch companies, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
- Provide written notification to your current company of your intent to cancel your existing policy and submit payment along with a signed and completed policy application to the new insurer. As soon as you have the new policy, place the new certificate verifying proof of insurance along with the vehicle’s registration papers.
One bit of advice is to try to compare identical limits and deductibles on each quote and and to get price quotes from every insurance company. Doing this provides a fair price comparison and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
Amazingly, the vast majority of consumers have remained with the same car insurance company for over three years, and almost 40% of drivers have never quoted rates to find affordable coverage. Many consumers in Cincinnati could save themselves $729 a year just by comparing rates, but they don’t believe the amount of savings they would get if they switched to a more affordable policy.
Finding affordable auto insurance coverage in Cincinnati is actually not that difficult if you follow our advice. If you have insurance now, you will definitely be able to cut your premiums using the ideas covered in this article. Although Ohio car owners can benefit from knowing the way insurance companies determine prices and use this information to your advantage.
Where can I get the cheapest Cincinnati Saturn Sky insurance?
The are a couple different ways of comparing rates from local Cincinnati auto insurance companies. The easiest way to lower the rate you pay for insurance is to get quotes online. When quoting auto insurance, remember that comparing a large number of companies will improve the odds of getting the best price. Some smaller insurers do not give rate quotes online, so you also need to get prices on coverage from those companies, too.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer price comparisons in Cincinnati, OH. To locate cheap auto insurance in Cincinnati, it’s a good idea that you click on several of them to get the best price comparison.
Insurance policy discounts you can’t miss
Properly insuring your vehicles can get expensive, but you might find some hidden discounts that may help make it more affordable. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied when you quote, but some discounts are required to be requested specifically before being credited.
- Drive Safe and Save – Insureds who avoid accidents can save as much as half off their rates compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured – Insuring multiple cars or trucks on a single policy could earn a price break for each car.
- College Student – Youth drivers who live away from home to go to college and do not have access to a covered vehicle may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Defensive Driving Course – Taking time to complete a class that teaches defensive driving techniques could save 5% or more depending on where you live.
- Active Service Discounts – Having a family member in the military may qualify for rate reductions.
- Discount for Life Insurance – If the company offers life insurance, you could get a lower rate if you buy life insurance from them.
- Anti-theft Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs with anti-theft systems can help prevent theft and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Braking Control Discount – Cars and trucks with anti-lock braking systems can stop better under adverse conditions and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
We need to note that most discount credits are not given to the overall cost of the policy. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. So even though it sounds like all the discounts add up to a free policy, companies wouldn’t make money that way. Any amount of discount will cut your premiums.
Auto insurance companies that may offer these discounts possibly include:
Check with each insurance company which discounts you qualify for. All car insurance discounts may not apply to policyholders in Cincinnati. For a list of providers that offer multiple discounts in Ohio, follow this link.
Here’s why car insurance is not optional
Despite the high cost, insurance may be required and benefits you in several ways.
First, most states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy specific minimum amounts of liability in order to license the vehicle. In Ohio these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you have a loan on your vehicle, it’s guaranteed your bank will force you to buy full coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank may insure your Saturn at a much higher premium rate and require you to pay much more than you were paying before.
Third, car insurance preserves both your Saturn and your personal assets. Insurance will pay for medical transport and hospital expenses incurred in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you are sued as the result of an accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, your policy will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of buying car insurance more than cancel out the cost, especially with large liability claims. An average driver in America is currently overpaying as much as $800 each year so compare rate quotes once a year at a minimum to ensure rates are competitive.
How to find a good Cincinnati auto insurance company
Finding the best car insurance company can be rather challenging considering how many companies there are to choose from in Ohio. The company ratings below could help you analyze which car insurance providers you want to consider purchasing from.
Top 10 Cincinnati Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- Liberty Mutual
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- The General
Top 10 Cincinnati Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- USAA – 92%
- Erie Insurance – 88%
- American Family – 88%
- State Farm – 88%
- Nationwide – 88%
- 21st Century – 88%
- AAA Insurance – 87%
- Liberty Mutual – 87%
- Farmers Insurance – 87%
- The Hartford – 87%
Different people need different auto insurance coverages
When selecting adequate coverage for your vehicles, there is no cookie cutter policy. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s.
For example, these questions might help in determining if your insurance needs may require specific advice.
- Am I covered when delivering products for my home-based business?
- Is my Saturn Sky covered for flood damage?
- What are good deductibles for a Saturn Sky?
- Is my babysitter covered when using my vehicle?
- How much will a speeding ticket raise my rates?
- Do I need PIP coverage since I have good health insurance?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you know they apply to you, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form.
Compare rate quotes but work with a local Cincinnati insurance agency
A small number of people still like to get advice from a local agent and that can be a great decision The best thing about getting free rate quotes online is that drivers can save money and get cheap auto insurance rates and still choose a local agent.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this simple form, your insurance coverage information is transmitted to local insurance agents in Cincinnati who want to provide quotes for your auto insurance coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to do any legwork as quotes are delivered to your email. You can most likely find cheaper rates and an insurance agent to talk to. In the event you want to get a rate quote from a particular provider, you would need to navigate to their website and submit a quote form there.
Picking a insurance company is decision based upon more than just a low price. Before buying a policy in Cincinnati, get answers to these questions.
- Is their price quote a firm figure or are their hidden costs?
- What insurance companies do they work with in Cincinnati?
- Do they have cheaper tiers of coverage?
- How many years of experience in personal auto insurance do they have?
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
- Will they make sure you get an adequate claim settlement?
Compare rates from both independent and exclusive car insurance agents
When narrowing the list to find a reputable insurance agent or broker, it helps to know the two different types of agencies and how they can write your policy. Agents can be categorized as either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agents
Exclusive agencies write business for a single company like State Farm, Allstate, and Farm Bureau. They usually cannot compare other company’s rates so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive agencies are trained well on their products and sales techniques and that allows them to sell at a higher price point. Consumers sometimes use the same agent mainly due to the prominence of the brand rather than low price.
Below are Cincinnati exclusive insurance agents that can give you rate quotes.
- Kristen Jackson – State Farm Insurance Agent
8952 Winton Rd – Cincinnati, OH 45231 – (513) 681-6400 – View Map
- Scott Clark – State Farm Insurance Agent
3011 W Galbraith Road – Cincinnati, OH 45239 – (513) 931-9292 – View Map
- GEICO Insurance Agent
4081 E Galbraith Rd #1b – Cincinnati, OH 45236 – (513) 794-3426 – View Map
Agents that choose to be independent are not locked into one company and that gives them the ability to insure with multiple insurance companies and find the cheapest auto insurance rates. If they find a lower price, your agent can switch companies and you won’t have to switch agencies.
When searching for an agent, you definitely need to check rates from independent agents to get the best comparison. Many independent agencies also insure through small mutual carriers which may have better rates.
Listed below is a list of independent agencies in Cincinnati that are able to give price quotes.
- Henry Insurance Agency LLC
2757 Observatory Ave #22 – Cincinnati, OH 45208 – (513) 871-7700 – View Map
- Zimmer Insurance Agency
2148 Gilbert Ave – Cincinnati, OH 45206 – (513) 381-1919 – View Map
- Young Robert
2035 Reading Rd – Cincinnati, OH 45202 – (513) 221-1140 – View Map