It’s an obvious conclusion that insurance companies don’t want their customers to go rate shopping. People who shop around will probably switch to a new company because there is a great chance of finding a lower-priced policy. A survey found that people who routinely compared rates saved over $72 a month compared to other drivers who never shopped around for cheaper prices.
If saving the most money on Ford Freestar insurance is your ultimate goal, then having a good understanding how to find companies and compare coverage rates can save time, money, and frustration.
The most effective way to find cheaper prices for car insurance rates is to regularly compare quotes from insurance carriers who provide auto insurance in Cincinnati.
First, read and learn about coverages and the steps you can take to keep rates down. Many risk factors that drive up the price like accidents, traffic tickets, and a substandard credit score can be eliminated by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
Second, obtain price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can give quotes from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can provide price quotes for a wide range of insurance providers. Find a Cincinnati insurance agent
Third, compare the price quotes to your current policy to see if you can save by switching companies. If you can save money and make a switch, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
Fourth, provide adequate notice to your current company of your intention to cancel your existing policy and submit a signed application and payment to your new carrier. Don’t forget to put the certificate verifying coverage with your registration paperwork.
One bit of advice is to compare identical deductibles and limits on each quote and and to analyze as many different insurance providers as possible. Doing this helps ensure an accurate price comparison and many rates to choose from.
Finding a lower price on Ford Freestar insurance isn’t really that difficult. Drivers just need to take a few minutes to get quotes online with multiple companies.
Comparison shopping rates online is easy and it takes the place of having to physically go to each insurance agency near you. The fact that you can get quotes online eliminates the middleman unless you prefer the personal advice that can only be provided by a licensed insurance agent. Some companies do allow you to compare online quotes and still use a local agent.
The companies shown below are ready to provide price quotes in Ohio. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you compare several of them to find the cheapest auto insurance rates.
Auto insurance is not optional
Despite the high cost, insurance serves a purpose in several ways.
- Almost all states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to carry specific limits of liability in order to be legal. In Ohio these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Freestar has a lienholder, it’s most likely the lender will have a requirement that you have physical damage coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If the policy lapses, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Ford at a much higher premium rate and force you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance safeguards not only your car but also your assets. Insurance will also pay for hospital and medical expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, will also pay for a defense attorney if you are sued as the result of an accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of buying enough insurance outweigh the cost, especially with large liability claims. Unknowingly, the average driver is wasting up to $865 each year so compare rates every year to ensure rates are inline.
Take advantage of these discounts
Car insurance is not an enjoyable expense, but companies offer discounts that could help you make your next renewal payment. Some trigger automatically at the time of purchase, but a few must be requested specifically in order for you to get them. If you’re not getting every credit you deserve, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Paperless Signup – A few larger online companies will provide an incentive for completing your application on the web.
- Driving Data Discount – Cincinnati drivers who agree to allow driving data submission to study where and when they drive by using a small device installed in their vehicle like Allstate’s Drivewise could save a few bucks if their driving habits are good.
- Discounts for New Vehicles – Buying insurance on a new vehicle is cheaper since new vehicles are generally safer.
- College Student – Youth drivers who attend college more than 100 miles from Cincinnati and don’t have a car may qualify for this discount.
- Service Members Pay Less – Being on active deployment in the military could be rewarded with lower premium rates.
- Multi-line Discount – If the company offers life insurance, you could get better prices if you take out some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Student Discount for Driver Training – It’s a good idea to have your young drivers successfully complete driver’s ed class if it’s offered in school.
- Braking Control Discount – Cars with anti-lock braking systems are safer to drive and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Keeping the miles down on your Ford can earn discounted rates on garaged vehicles.
- Memberships – Being in specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations is a simple method to lower premiums when getting a Cincinnati car insurance quote.
A little note about advertised discounts, most discounts do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. Even though the math looks like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it doesn’t quite work that way.
A few of the larger companies and their possible discounts can be read below.
- State Farm may offer discounts for defensive driving training, safe vehicle, multiple policy, good driver, multiple autos, and Drive Safe & Save.
- GEICO may include discounts for seat belt use, emergency military deployment, daytime running lights, anti-lock brakes, anti-theft, and driver training.
- SAFECO offers discounts for drive less, accident prevention training, anti-theft, safe driver, bundle discounts, and teen safe driver.
- Farmers Insurance includes discounts for electronic funds transfer, alternative fuel, mature driver, homeowner, business and professional, bundle discounts, and good student.
- AAA has discounts for good driver, pay-in-full, anti-theft, multi-car, education and occupation, and AAA membership discount.
- USAA offers discounts including defensive driver, driver training, safe driver, new vehicle, family discount, multi-vehicle, and good student.
If you are trying to find low cost Cincinnati car insurance quotes, ask every company which discounts you qualify for. Discounts might not be offered in your state. To find companies that provide some of the discounts listed above in Ohio, click here to view.
When should I have guidance from a local insurance agent?
Many drivers would rather sit down and talk to an agent and doing that can be a smart decision Licensed agents are trained risk managers and help you file claims. One of the benefits of comparing rate quotes online is the fact that drivers can get the best rates and still choose a local agent.
By using this short form, your insurance data is emailed to participating agents in Cincinnati who can give free rate quotes for your coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to leave your house because quoted prices will be sent immediately to your email address. In the event you want to get a comparison quote from a particular provider, you just need to jump over to their website and give them your coverage information.
Picking an insurance company requires more thought than just a low price. A good agent in Cincinnati will have answers to these questions.
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
- What is their Better Business Bureau rating?
- Is the agency active in community causes in Cincinnati?
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
- Where would glass claims be handled in Cincinnati?
- Do they have advanced training designations such as CPCU, AAI, AIC, or CIC?
When looking for local Cincinnati agents, you need to know there are two different types of agents to choose from. Agents are classified as either exclusive or independent. Either type can provide car insurance policies, but it’s good to learn how they are different since it could factor into your agent selection.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be exclusive work for only one company such as American Family, State Farm, and Allstate. They usually cannot give you multiple price quotes so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive agencies are highly trained on the products they sell which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Cincinnati willing to provide comparison quotes.
Independent Insurance Agents
These agents are not limited to a single company so they can insure your vehicles amongst many companies and find you the best rates. If you are not satisfied with one company, they simply move the coverage in-house and you can keep the same agent. If you need cheaper car insurance rates, you should always compare prices from at a minimum one independent agency so that you can do a thorough price comparison.
Shown below are independent insurance agencies in Cincinnati that can give you price quotes.
Smart shoppers get results
We covered some good ideas how you can lower your Ford Freestar insurance rates in Cincinnati. It’s most important to understand that the more rate quotes you have, the higher your chance of finding the cheapest Ford Freestar rate quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the best price on car insurance is with a small local company. Regional companies may often insure only within specific states and give better rates than the large multi-state companies such as State Farm or Progressive.
There are still a few companies who may not provide online rate quotes and many times these regional insurance providers only sell through independent agents. Lower-priced Ford Freestar insurance in Cincinnati is possible both online as well as from insurance agents, and you should be comparing both so you have a total pricing picture.
More information is located on the following sites:
- Distracted Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much is Cincinnati Auto Insurance for Veterans? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Cincinnati Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers Over Age 50? (FAQ)
- How Much are Cincinnati Auto Insurance Rates for a Subaru Outback? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Cincinnati Auto Insurance Rates for Retired Military? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Hyundai Sonata in Cincinnati? (FAQ)
- Honda warning system reduces insurance claims (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Air Bags: Potential Dangers to Your Children (Insurance Information Institute)