Nobody I know fancies paying their premiums for insurance, particularly when they could find lower prices if they just compared rates.
A recent insurance study discovered that the vast majority of insurance customers have bought insurance from the same company for at least four years, and approximately 38% of consumers have never even compared rates from other companies. Ohio insurance shoppers can save about $700 each year just by comparing rates, but they just don’t understand the large savings they would see if they switched.
Steps to finding discount Volvo XC60 insurance in Cincinnati
The best way we recommend to get cheaper car insurance rates is to regularly compare prices from companies who can sell car insurance in Cincinnati.
Step 1: Try to learn a little about car insurance and the steps you can take to keep rates in check. Many risk factors that cause rate increases such as accidents, traffic tickets, and poor credit can be eliminated by being financially responsible and driving safely. Later in this article we will cover additional ideas to get cheaper coverage and find possible discounts that are available.
Step 2: Compare price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only quote rates from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes from multiple companies. Compare rates now
Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy to see if a cheaper rate is available in Cincinnati. If you find a lower rate quote and decide to switch, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
Step 4: Tell your current company of your intention to cancel your existing policy and submit the application along with any required down payment to the new company. Immediately keep your new proof of insurance certificate with your vehicle’s registration.
One key aspect of rate comparisons is to try to compare the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on each quote request and and to get price estimates from as many carriers as you can. Doing this helps ensure an apples-to-apples comparison and a thorough selection of prices.
Vehicle owners have multiple insurance companies to pick from, and although it’s a good thing to have a selection, having more car insurance companies makes it harder to compare rates and cut insurance costs.
Choosing the most cost-effective auto insurance policy in Cincinnati is quite easy if you know the best way to do it. Just about anyone who carries auto insurance will most likely be able to save money. But Ohio consumers benefit from understanding how insurance companies price insurance differently and use it to your advantage.
Get Cheap Auto Insurance with These Tips
The best way to find cheaper auto insurance is to take a look at a few of the rating criteria that play a part in calculating the price you pay for auto insurance. When consumers understand what determines premiums, this enables informed choices that can earn you lower premium levels.
How do annual miles impact costs? – The more you drive each year the higher the price you pay to insure it. A lot of insurance companies rate vehicles partially by how you use the vehicle. Autos that do not get driven very much can be on a lower rate level as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. An improperly rated XC60 is throwing money out the window. Double check that your policy properly reflects the proper vehicle usage.
Stay claim-free and lower premiums – If you’re an insured who likes to file claims you can pretty much guarantee either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Car insurance companies in Ohio generally give the lowest premiums to drivers that do not abuse their auto insurance. Your car insurance is intended to be relied upon for the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
Lower rates by increasing physical damage deductibles – Physical damage deductibles define the amount you are required to spend out-of-pocket if you file a covered claim. Insurance for physical damage to your car, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, insures against damage to your car. Examples of some claims that would be covered would be a windshield broken by a bird, animal collisions, and having a roll-over accident. The more of the claim you’re willing to pay, the less your company will charge you for insurance.
Costs and your address – Being located in smaller towns and rural areas of the country has definite advantages when talking about auto insurance. Fewer drivers means fewer accidents and also fewer theft and vandalism claims. City drivers tend to have more road rage incidents and higher rates of accident claims. The longer drive time means higher likelihood of an accident.
Never go without auto insurance – Driving without insurance can get you a ticket and as a result your rates will increase for letting your insurance lapse. Not only will you pay higher rates, the inability to provide proof of insurance could result in fines and jail time. You may then have to submit proof of financial responsibility or a SR-22 with the Ohio department of motor vehicles.
Are you male or female? – Over time, data shows that females take fewer risks when driving. That doesn’t necessarily mean that females are better at driving than males. Both sexes get in accidents in similar percentages, but guys have costlier accidents. Men also get ticketed for serious violations such as driving while intoxicated (DWI) or driving recklessly. Male teenagers have the highest risk to insure and therefore are the most expensive to insure.
The chart below illustrates the difference between Volvo XC60 annual premium costs for male and female drivers. The premium estimates are based on no violations or claims, comp and collision included, $100 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Don’t skimp on liability coverage – Liability insurance is the coverage that protects you in the event that you are determined to be liable for physical damage or personal injury to other. Your policy’s liability insurance provides legal defense starting from day one. This coverage is very inexpensive when compared with rates for comp and collision, so do not skimp.
Discounts for theft deterrents – Choosing a vehicle with a theft deterrent system can help bring down rates. Systems that thwart thieves such as vehicle immobilizer systems, OnStar, and tracking devices like LoJack all help stop your car from being stolen.
Volvo XC60 insurance claim data – Companies include the past claim history for a vehicle to calculate a price that offsets possible losses. Models that the statistics show to have higher loss trends will have higher rates. The table shown below demonstrates the actual insurance loss data for Volvo XC60 vehicles.
For each policy coverage type, the claim amount for all vehicles averaged together is considered to be 100. Values below 100 mean the vehicle has better than average losses, while numbers above 100 indicate higher probability of having a loss or statistically larger claims.
|Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Volvo XC60 4dr 2WD||79||74||70||60||53||55|
|Volvo XC60 4dr 4WD||93||82||75||66||64||57|
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
To get affordable Cincinnati car insurance quotes, there a variety of ways to compare rate quotes from companies that offer car insurance in Ohio. The quickest method to find affordable Volvo XC60 insurance rates consists of obtaining rate quotes online.
It’s so fast and easy to compare price quotes online that it replaces the need to spend your day driving to each insurance agency near you. Quoting and buying Volvo XC60 insurance online eliminates the middleman unless you have a need for the professional guidance of an agent trained in personal lines coverage. Although you can price shop your coverage online but purchase the actual policy in an agency.
When quoting car insurance, remember that more quotes will enable you to find more affordable insurance.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer free quotes in Cincinnati, OH. If multiple companies are listed, it’s highly recommended you compare several of them to get the best price comparison.
Detailed insurance information
The coverage table below covers a range of insurance prices for Volvo XC60 models. Having a better idea how policy rates are determined can benefit drivers when making decisions when shopping around.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|XC60 3.2 2WD||$188||$398||$250||$14||$76||$926||$77|
|XC60 3.2 AWD||$212||$398||$250||$14||$76||$950||$79|
|XC60 T6 AWD AWD||$212||$470||$250||$14||$76||$1,022||$85|
|XC60 T6-R AWD AWD||$236||$470||$250||$14||$76||$1,046||$87|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices above based on single female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Ohio minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, safe-driver, and claim-free. Estimates do not factor in the specific area where the vehicle is garaged which can lower or raise prices noticeably.
The diagram below highlights how deductible selection and can impact Volvo XC60 insurance prices for different age categories. The prices are based on a married female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Full coverage versus liability only rates
The chart below visualizes the comparison of Volvo XC60 auto insurance costs with and without physical damage coverage. The rates are based on no claims or driving violations, $500 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Should you buy full coverage or liability only?
There is no exact rule of when to drop physical damage coverage, but there is a general convention. If the yearly cost of full coverage is more than 10% of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
For example, let’s pretend your Volvo XC60 book value is $6,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most your company would pay you is $5,000 after paying your policy deductible. If you are paying over $500 annually to have full coverage, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
There are some conditions where dropping physical damage coverage is not a good plan. If you haven’t paid off your loan, you have to keep full coverage in order to prevent your loan from defaulting. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should not drop full coverage.
Three good reasons to insure your XC60
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Volvo XC60 in Cincinnati, buying insurance serves a purpose in several ways.
- Most states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means the state requires a specific level of liability protection in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Ohio these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your XC60, most lenders will have a requirement that you have insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you default on your policy, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Volvo for a much higher rate and require you to fork over for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance protects not only your car but also your assets. It will also pay for most medical and hospital costs for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability insurance will also pay to defend you if you are sued as the result of your driving. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance greatly outweigh the cost, particularly for liability claims. According to a recent study, the average American driver overpays as much as $700 annually so smart consumers compare quotes at every policy renewal to save money.
Do you qualify for discounts on Volvo XC60 insurance in Cincinnati?
Companies offering auto insurance don’t necessarily list the complete list of policy discounts very clearly, so the next list breaks down a few of the more common in addition to some of the lesser obvious ways to save on insurance.
- Senior Citizen Discount – Drivers that qualify as senior citizens can get reduced rates.
- Active Service Discounts – Having a deployed family member could qualify you for better premium rates.
- Multiple Policy Discount – When you combine your auto and home insurance with one insurance company you may save up to 20% and get you cheaper XC60 insurance.
- Driver’s Ed – It’s a good idea to have your young drivers successfully complete driver’s ed class as it can save substantially.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Fewer annual miles on your Volvo may allow you to get lower premium rates due to less chance of an accident.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Buying insurance for multiple vehicles on a single policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Good Grades Discount – A discount for being a good student may save you up to 25%. The good student discount can last up to age 25.
- Use Seat Belts – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to buckle their seat belts can save up to 15% off PIP or medical payments premium.
- Save with a New Car – Buying a new car model can save you some money due to better safety requirements for newer vehicles.
We need to note that most discounts do not apply to the whole policy. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. Even though the math looks like all those discounts means the company will pay you, nobody gets a free ride.
The diagram below illustrates the difference between Volvo XC60 insurance prices with and without discounts. The costs are based on a male driver, no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, Ohio state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, marriage, safe-driver, claim-free, multi-policy, and homeowner discounts applied.
To see providers with the best Volvo XC60 insurance discounts in Cincinnati in Cincinnati, click this link.
Compare rates but still have a local Cincinnati insurance agency
Many people still prefer to go talk to an agent and that can be a smart move An additional benefit of comparing rate quotes online is you can get better rates and still choose a local agent.
Once you complete this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information is sent to companies in Cincinnati that give free quotes for your car insurance coverage. There is no reason to contact any agents because quoted prices will be sent directly to you. Get lower rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. If you have a need to get a rate quote from a specific insurance company, you just need to navigate to their website and give them your coverage information.
Deciding on a company is decision based upon more than just the quoted price. Any agent in Cincinnati should be forthright in answering these questions:
- Are claims handled at the agent’s location?
- Which companies can they place coverage with?
- Is there a 24/7 contact number?
- Is the agent properly licensed in Ohio?
- Do they have designations such as AIC, CPCU, or CIC?
- How much can you save by raising your physical damage deductibles?
- If your car is totaled, how to they determine the replacement cost?
The following are Cincinnati insurers willing to provide price quotes for Volvo XC60 insurance in Cincinnati.
Bob Donnelly – State Farm Insurance Agent
2063 Beechmont Ave – Cincinnati, OH 45230 – (513) 231-4975 – View Map
If you receive good responses to your questions and locked in a price quote, you have narrowed it down to an provider that can provide car insurance coverage. But remember, consumers can terminate your policy whenever you choose to so never feel that you’re stuck with the car insurance policy for a certain time period.
One last note
We just covered a lot of ways to shop for Volvo XC60 insurance online. The key concept to understand is the more price quotes you have, the better your chances of lowering your prices. Drivers may even discover the biggest savings come from a lesser-known regional company. They may have significantly lower prices on certain market segments than the large multi-state companies such as State Farm and Allstate.
Some auto insurance companies may not offer online price quotes and these regional insurance providers work with local independent agencies. Budget-friendly auto insurance in Cincinnati is possible online as well as from independent agents in Cincinnati, and you should compare price quotes from both so you have a total pricing picture.
Steps to finding affordable quotes for Volvo XC60 insurance in Cincinnati
The preferred way to get low-cost car insurance rates in Cincinnati is to annually compare prices from companies that sell auto insurance in Ohio. Drivers can shop around by following these guidelines.
- Try to understand what coverages are included in your policy and the steps you can take to drop your rates. Many rating criteria that are responsible for high rates such as at-fault accidents and a substandard credit history can be remedied by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Get rate quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give rate quotes from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agents can provide price quotes for a wide range of companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to the premium of your current policy to determine if you can save on XC60 insurance in Cincinnati. If you find a better price, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
One bit of advice is to make sure you’re comparing similar deductibles and liability limits on every price quote and and to get rates from all possible companies. Doing this helps ensure a fair rate comparison and maximum price selection.
Additional information can be found at these links:
- Protect Yourself Against Auto Theft (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Cincinnati Car Insurance Rates for a Ford Explorer? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Camry in Cincinnati? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Cincinnati Auto Insurance for 16 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- Auto Insurance Learning Center (State Farm)
- Parking Tips to Reduce Door Dings (State Farm)
- What is Covered by GAP Insurance? (Allstate)
- Think You’re a Safe Driver? (State Farm)