Unbelievably, the vast majority of consumers have remained with the same insurance company for well over three years, and practically 40% of insurance customers have never compared rates with other companies. Many consumers in the United States could save an average of roughly $860 each year by just shopping around, but most undervalue the rate savings if they switched to a more affordable policy.
The easiest way to find discount Fiat 500 insurance in Cincinnati is to begin comparing prices regularly from different companies who sell insurance in Ohio.
- First, try to understand auto insurance and the measures you can control to drop your rates. Many rating factors that drive up the price such as accidents, traffic violations, and a negative credit score can be controlled by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Second, request price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can only give rate quotes from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can quote prices for a wide range of companies. Select a company
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to your current policy premium to see if cheaper 500 coverage is available. If you can save money and switch companies, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
The most important part of this process is to try to use the same level of coverage on each price quote and and to get price estimates from as many car insurance companies as possible. Doing this provides an apples-to-apples comparison and the best price selection.
All major auto insurance companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Progressive allow you to get prices for coverage direct online. Getting quotes for Fiat 500 insurance in Cincinnati is quite simple as you just type in your coverage preferences as requested by the quote form. When the form is submitted, the company’s rating system orders your credit score and driving record and quotes a price based on the information you submitted. Using the web to get price quotes for Fiat 500 insurance in Cincinnati helps simplify price comparisons, and it’s absolutely necessary to perform this step if you want to get affordable prices.
If you want to find out what other companies charge, visit the companies below or click here to submit a quote request to multiple companies at once. If you have a policy now, it’s recommended you type in the limits and deductibles identical to your current policy. This way, you will get an apples-to-apples comparison based on the exact same insurance coverage.
The car insurance companies shown below can provide free rate quotes in Cincinnati, OH. In order to find cheap car insurance in Cincinnati, OH, we suggest you visit as many as you can to find the cheapest car insurance rates.
Three reasons auto insurance is important
Despite the high insurance cost for a Fiat 500 in Cincinnati, maintaining insurance serves an important purpose.
- Almost all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy specific limits of liability protection in order to drive the car legally. In Ohio these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your vehicle with a loan, it’s guaranteed your bank will require you to have insurance to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank may insure your Fiat at a more expensive rate and require you to fork over much more than you were paying before.
- Auto insurance protects both your car and your assets. Insurance will pay for hospital and medical expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, will also pay attorney fees if you are sued as the result of an accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance more than offset the price you pay, particularly if you ever have a claim. As of last year, the average driver in Ohio is overpaying more than $865 each year so it’s important to compare rates every year to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Cheap Cincinnati car insurance quotes with discounts
Companies that sell car insurance don’t always advertise the complete list of policy discounts very clearly, so below is a list both the well known and also the more inconspicuous ways to save on car insurance.
- Passive Restraints – Factory air bags could see savings up to 30%.
- Save with a New Car – Insuring a vehicle that is new can get you a discount due to better safety requirements for new model year vehicles.
- Military Discounts – Having an actively deployed family member could qualify you for better premium rates.
- Early Renewal Discounts – Some insurance companies give discounts for renewing your policy prior to your current 500 insurance policy expiration. You may see this discount when you get Cincinnati car insurance quotes online.
- Discount for Low Mileage – Maintaining low annual mileage could earn cheaper prices.
- Government Employee Discount – Employees or retirees of the government could provide a small rate reduction with some car insurance companies.
Policy discounts save money, but most discounts do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. So despite the fact that it appears you could get a free car insurance policy, it’s just not the way it works.
Large car insurance companies and their possible discounts are outlined below.
- State Farm includes discounts for safe vehicle, defensive driving training, student away at school, good driver, anti-theft, and Drive Safe & Save.
- GEICO may include discounts for defensive driver, federal employee, air bags, seat belt use, multi-vehicle, five-year accident-free, and military active duty.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for online signing, good student, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, homeowner, and multi-policy.
- 21st Century has discounts for student driver, teen driver, early bird, good student, and homeowners.
- American Family may have discounts that include Steer into Savings, air bags, accident-free, mySafetyValet, defensive driver, good driver, and early bird.
- The Hartford offers discounts for driver training, vehicle fuel type, air bag, good student, bundle, anti-theft, and defensive driver.
- AAA policyholders can earn discounts including multi-car, anti-theft, AAA membership discount, multi-policy, and education and occupation.
Before buying, ask each insurance company to apply every possible discount. Some of the discounts discussed earlier might not be available to policyholders in your area. To view car insurance companies that offer some of these discounts in Cincinnati, click here to view.
Compare rate quotes but still have a neighborhood Cincinnati auto insurance agent
A lot of people prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that is not a bad decision Professional agents will help you protect your assets and help file insurance claims. A nice benefit of comparing insurance prices online is that drivers can save money and get cheap insurance rates but also keep your business local.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this short form, your insurance data is immediately sent to local insurance agents who want to provide quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no need to do any legwork due to the fact that quote results will go to you. If you wish to get a comparison quote from a specific insurance company, you can always search and find their rate quote page and fill out their quote form.
Choosing an insurance company should depend on more than just a cheap quote. These are some valid questions you should ask.
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
- Do the companies they represent have a solid financial rating?
- How much training do they have in personal risk management?
- Are there any hidden costs in their price quote and does it include driving and credit history?
Different types of auto insurance agents in Cincinnati
When looking for a local Cincinnati insurance agent, there are a couple of different types of agents and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Insurance agents can be categorized as either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Either can sell insurance policies, but it is a good idea to know how they differ since it may influence which type of agent you select.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents of this type have only one company to place business with and examples are Farmers Insurance, State Farm, Allstate, and AAA. These agents are unable to shop your coverage around so you need to shop around if the rates are high. They receive extensive training on sales techniques and that allows them to sell at a higher price point.
Below are exclusive agents in Cincinnati that are able to give price quotes.
Chuck Detmering – State Farm Insurance Agent
2638 Kipling Ave – Cincinnati, OH 45239 – (513) 741-4500 – View Map
Dianne Michael – Allstate Insurance Agent
5062 Delhi Ave – Cincinnati, OH 45238 – (513) 451-8700 – View Map
Mike Schweppe – State Farm Insurance Agent
5956 Glenway Ave – Cincinnati, OH 45238 – (513) 922-1442 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents of this type do not write with just one company and that enables them to quote your coverage with multiple insurance companies and find you the best rates. If your agent finds better pricing, they simply move your policy to a different company and you won’t have to switch agencies.
When comparing rate quotes, we highly recommend that you get insurance quotes from at least one independent agent in order to compare the most rates.
Below are Cincinnati independent agents that can give you comparison quotes.
Burkhart Insurance Agency
4291 Foley Rd – Cincinnati, OH 45238 – (513) 244-2500 – View Map
Gibbs and Associates Insurance
7710 Shawnee Run Rd # G2 – Cincinnati, OH 45243 – (513) 561-5551 – View Map
Meissner Insurance Agency
3710 Harrison Ave – Cincinnati, OH 45211 – (513) 661-4426 – View Map
Insurance coverage specifics
Having a good grasp of a insurance policy can help you determine the best coverages and proper limits and deductibles. The coverage terms in a policy can be ambiguous and coverage can change by endorsement. Below you’ll find typical coverage types available from insurance companies.
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage
Your UM/UIM coverage provides protection when other motorists either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. This coverage pays for hospital bills for your injuries and damage to your Fiat 500.
Since a lot of drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits (which is 25/50/25), their limits can quickly be used up. So UM/UIM coverage is a good idea.
Coverage for collisions
This covers damage to your 500 caused by collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You will need to pay your deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision insurance covers claims like colliding with another moving vehicle, hitting a parking meter, driving through your garage door, crashing into a ditch and colliding with a tree. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so you might think about dropping it from older vehicles. Drivers also have the option to increase the deductible on your 500 to bring the cost down.
Medical payments and PIP coverage
Med pay and PIP coverage pay for bills for things like prosthetic devices, EMT expenses and rehabilitation expenses. The coverages can be used in conjunction with a health insurance plan or if you lack health insurance entirely. Medical payments and PIP cover all vehicle occupants and also covers getting struck while a pedestrian. PIP coverage is not available in all states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Comprehensive auto coverage
Comprehensive insurance will pay to fix damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You need to pay your deductible first then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things such as rock chips in glass, fire damage, vandalism and a tree branch falling on your vehicle. The maximum payout you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
This coverage protects you from damage or injury you incur to people or other property in an accident. Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You commonly see policy limits of 25/50/25 that translate to a $25,000 limit per person for injuries, a per accident bodily injury limit of $50,000, and $25,000 of coverage for damaged property.
Liability coverage pays for claims like emergency aid, medical services and bail bonds. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is your choice, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as large an amount as possible. Ohio requires minimum liability limits of 25/50/25 but you should think about purchasing more coverage.
The next chart demonstrates why buying low liability limits may not be adequate.
Smart shoppers get results
The cheapest Fiat 500 insurance in Cincinnati can be sourced from both online companies and also from your neighborhood Cincinnati agents, and you need to price shop both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some companies do not offer price quotes online and many times these smaller companies prefer to sell through independent agents.
As you shop your coverage around, it’s not a good idea to buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There have been many situations where consumers will sacrifice liability coverage limits to discover at claim time that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your aim should be to buy the best coverage you can find at a price you can afford.
In this article, we presented some good ideas how to reduce Fiat 500 insurance car insurance rates online in Cincinnati. It’s most important to understand that the more rate quotes you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers could even find that the lowest priced insurance comes from the smaller companies. They may cover specific market segments cheaper compared to the large companies like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
- Car Insurance for Teen Drivers with Divorced Parents (Allstate)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for Uber Drivers in Cincinnati? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for Safe Drivers in Cincinnati? (FAQ)
- Your Car has been Stolen: Now What? (Allstate)
- Learn About Car Insurance (GEICO)
- Car Insurance FAQ (Trusted Choice)
- Shopping for a Safe Car (Insurance Information Institute)