Do you need a fast way to compare the cheapest auto insurance rates in Cincinnati, OH? Cincinnati buyers have a choice when searching for the lowest priced Fiat 124 Spider insurance. They can either waste time contacting agents trying to get quotes or use the internet to compare rates.
There is a right way and a wrong way to buy auto insurance so we’re going to tell you the quickest way to quote coverages on a Fiat and find the best price possible.
This article’s intent is to tell you how car insurance companies work and how you can save the most money. If you have a current car insurance policy, you should be able to shop for the lowest rates using this strategy. Vehicle owners only need an understanding of the most effective way to compare prices from many different companies online.
Getting a cheaper price on Fiat 124 Spider insurance doesn’t have to be difficult. You just need to invest a little time comparing rates to find out which insurance company has the cheapest Fiat 124 Spider rate quotes.
The companies shown below are ready to provide price quotes in Ohio. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you visit as many as you can in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Score discounts on Cincinnati auto insurance
Not many people think insurance is cheap, but you may qualify for discounts that many consumers don’t even know exist. Some discounts will apply when you purchase, but some must be manually applied before you get the savings.
- Payment Method – By making one initial payment instead of monthly or quarterly installments you can actually save on your bill.
- Good Student Discount – Getting good grades may save as much as 25% on a Cincinnati auto insurance quote. Many companies even apply the discount to college students up to age 25.
- Drive Less and Save – Driving fewer miles could be rewarded with lower rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- Safety Restraint Discount – Requiring all passengers to use their safety belts may be able to save a few bucks off PIP or medical payments premium.
- Federal Government Employee – Having worked for a branch of the government could cut as much as 10% off depending on your auto insurance provider.
- Theft Deterrent System – Vehicles that have factory anti-theft systems are less likely to be stolen and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Cars, trucks, and SUVs with ABS and/or traction control can reduce accidents and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- Switch and Save Discount – Select insurance companies give a discount for buying a new policy early. It’s a savings of about 10%.
Keep in mind that most discounts do not apply to the entire cost. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. So even though it sounds like you can get free auto insurance, it just doesn’t work that way. Any qualifying discounts will bring down your auto insurance premiums.
Popular auto insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts are detailed below.
- GEICO includes discounts for anti-lock brakes, multi-policy, emergency military deployment, driver training, air bags, and seat belt use.
- Travelers has savings for early quote, hybrid/electric vehicle, save driver, payment discounts, and new car.
- Nationwide discounts include anti-theft, business or organization, good student, Farm Bureau membership, and easy pay.
- Farmers Insurance offers discounts for youthful driver, bundle discounts, mature driver, pay in full, alternative fuel, and early shopping.
- Esurance policyholders can earn discounts including good driver, renters, anti-theft, DriveSense, and paid-in-full.
- State Farm may offer discounts for driver’s education, safe vehicle, Drive Safe & Save, good driver, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and student away at school.
- Progressive has discounts for multi-vehicle, homeowner, multi-policy, good student, continuous coverage, online quote discount, and online signing.
- Mercury Insurance offers discounts including low natural disaster claims, annual mileage, multi-policy, anti-theft, and ease of repair.
Before you buy a policy, ask each company or agent which discounts you qualify for. Some discounts may not apply to policies in your state.
Three reasons to insure your vehicle
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Fiat in Cincinnati, insurance may be required and benefits you in several ways.
- Almost all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means state laws require a specific level of liability if you drive a vehicle. In Ohio these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Fiat 124 Spider, almost every bank will make it a condition of the loan that you have physical damage coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the bank may buy a policy for your Fiat for a much higher rate and require you to pay much more than you were paying before.
- Auto insurance preserves both your assets and your car. It will also cover all forms of medical expenses incurred in an accident. Liability insurance will also pay attorney fees in the event you are sued. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance more than cancel out the cost, especially for larger claims. According to a recent study, the average American driver is overpaying over $850 per year so shop around at every renewal to ensure rates are inline.
Which car insurance company is best in Ohio?
Buying coverage from a highly-rated car insurance provider can be rather challenging considering how many different companies there are to choose from in Ohio. The information in the lists below could help you analyze which car insurance companies to look at shopping your coverage with.
Top 10 Cincinnati Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- AAA Insurance
- Erie Insurance
- State Farm
- Liberty Mutual
- Safeco Insurance
- 21st Century
Independent versus exclusive insurance agencies
A lot of people just want to sit down and talk to an agent and that is just fine! Insurance agents are very good at helping people manage risk and help file insurance claims. The best thing about comparing insurance prices online is you can get cheap car insurance rates and also buy local. Buying from and supporting local agencies is especially important in Cincinnati.
After completing this simple form, your information gets sent to local insurance agents who can give free rate quotes for your coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to contact any agents since price quotes are sent directly to you. If you want to get a price quote from a specific company, you just need to visit that company’s website to submit a rate quote request.
If you prefer to buy car insurance from a reliable insurance agent, you should know the different types of agents that you can select. Insurance agencies in Cincinnati are considered either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Both write policy coverage, but it is a good idea to know the difference between them since it could factor into the selection process.
Independent Car Insurance Agents (or Brokers)
Independent agencies do not work for one specific company so they can quote policies with multiple insurance companies and find you the best rates. If they find a lower price, they simply move the coverage in-house and you don’t have to do anything.
If you are comparing rate quotes, we recommend you get some free quotes from a couple of independent agencies to have the most options to choose from. Most have the option of insuring with smaller mutual companies which could offer lower prices.
Shown below is a small list of independent agencies in Cincinnati who may be able to give you free car insurance quotes.
- Brodbeck Porter Ins Agency
1080 Nimitzview Dr #301 – Cincinnati, OH 45230 – (513) 624-0900 – View Map
- Hettesheimer Insurance Agency Inc.
3254 Montana Ave #1000 – Cincinnati, OH 45211 – (513) 661-7581 – View Map
- Dempsey and Siders Insurance Agency
6725 Miami Ave #102 – Cincinnati, OH 45243 – (513) 891-4400 – View Map
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
These agents can usually just insure with one company like Allstate, Farmers Insurance or State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot provide prices from multiple companies so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive agents receive extensive training on what they offer and that allows them to sell at a higher price point. A lot of people buy from the same agent for years mostly because of the brand and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Shown below are exclusive insurance agencies in Cincinnati that are able to give rate quotes.
- Mike Schweppe – State Farm Insurance Agent
5956 Glenway Ave – Cincinnati, OH 45238 – (513) 922-1442 – View Map
- Rick Wertz – State Farm Insurance Agent
7736 Beechmont Ave – Cincinnati, OH 45255 – (513) 231-0100 – View Map
- State Farm: Randy Wagner
1167 8 Mile Rd – Cincinnati, OH 45255 – (513) 474-4100 – View Map
Finding the right insurance agent should include more criteria than just a cheap price quote. Get answers to these questions too.
- Is vehicle mileage a factor when determining depreciation for repairs?
- What company holds the largest book of business for them?
- What is the agency’s Better Business Bureau rating?
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?
- Are they primarily personal or commercial lines agents in Cincinnati?
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
If you receive good answers for all questions you ask as well as affordable Fiat 124 Spider insurance rates in Cincinnati quotes, it’s a good possibility that you have found an insurance agency that is a good match to insure your vehicles.