We don’t have to tell you that car insurance companies want to keep your business as long as possible. Insureds who compare price quotes will presumably switch auto insurance companies because there are good odds of finding more affordable rates. A recent survey discovered that consumers who shopped around every year saved over $70 a month as compared to drivers who never compared rates.
If finding budget-friendly rates on insurance in Cincinnati is your ultimate target, then having some insight into the best way to shop and compare insurance premiums can make it simple to find affordable coverage.
If you want to save money, the best way to get the cheapest Dodge Journey insurance is to start doing an annual price comparison from insurers that sell auto insurance in Cincinnati. You can shop around by completing these steps.
- Step 1: Read and learn about how your policy works and the factors you can control to prevent rate increases. Many rating factors that are responsible for high rates like accidents, traffic violations, and a negative credit rating can be rectified by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Step 2: Quote rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only provide price estimates from a single company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agencies can provide prices for a wide range of insurance providers. View companies
- Step 3: Compare the new quotes to your current policy premium to determine if you can save on Journey insurance. If you find a better price and buy the policy, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Step 4: Provide proper notification to your current company of your intention to cancel your current policy and submit payment and a completed application to the newly selected company. Once the paperwork is finalized, put the new certificate of insurance in a readily accessible location in your vehicle.
A good piece of advice is to make sure you’re comparing the same deductibles and limits on every quote and to quote with as many companies as feasibly possible. This provides a fair price comparison and the best rate selection.
Quoting and buying affordable coverage in Cincinnati is simple if you know the tricks. Just about everyone who comparison shops for car insurance will probably find a lower-cost policy. Although Ohio car owners benefit from understanding the way companies determine prices and use it to find better rates.
All the larger car insurance companies give prices for coverage direct online. Getting online quotes for Dodge Journey insurance in Cincinnati is quite easy because it’s just a matter of typing in your coverage information as detailed in the form. After the form is submitted, the company’s rating system collects your driving and credit reports and returns pricing information.
Quoting online for Dodge Journey insurance in Cincinnati makes it simple to compare prices and it’s very important to have as many quotes as possible if you are searching for the lowest possible payments on car insurance.
To use this form to compare rates, compare quotes from the companies shown below. If you have a policy now, it’s recommended you type in the coverages as shown on your current policy. This helps ensure you will have a fair comparison for similar insurance coverage.
The auto insurance companies shown below offer quotes in Ohio. If you want cheap car insurance in Cincinnati, it’s a good idea that you visit as many as you can to get a more complete price comparison.
Detailed insurance information
The table shown next highlights detailed analysis of insurance coverage prices for Dodge Journey models. Understanding more about how insurance premiums are established can be valuable when making decisions on which insurance to purchase.
|Journey SE 2WD
|Journey SXT 2WD
|Journey R/T 2WD
|Journey SXT Crew 2WD
|Journey SXT AWD
|Journey R/T AWD
|Journey SXT Crew AWD
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go
Prices based on single female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Ohio minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, safe-driver, multi-policy, claim-free, and multi-vehicle. Information does not factor in vehicle garaging location which can raise or lower premium rates considerably.
Impact of violations and accidents on rates in Cincinnati
The diagram below demonstrates how speeding tickets and at-fault accidents can impact Dodge Journey auto insurance costs for different age groups of insureds. The price estimates are based on a married male driver, full physical damage coverage, $100 deductibles, and no discounts are factored in.
Dodge Journey full coverage rates compared to liability only
The information below illustrates the comparison of Dodge Journey insurance costs with and without physical damage coverage, medical payments, and uninsured/under-insured motorist coverage. The rate quotes are based on no claims or driving violations, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are factored in.
Should you pay for full coverage?
There is no definitive formula to stop buying physical damage insurance, but there is a general school of thought. If the yearly cost of comp and collision coverage is more than 10% of replacement cost minus your deductible, then it’s probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
For example, let’s say your Dodge Journey replacement value is $3,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most you would get paid by your company is $2,000 after the deductible is paid. If premiums are more than $200 a year to have full coverage, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
There are some cases where dropping full coverage is not financially feasible. If you haven’t satisfied your loan, you must maintain physical damage coverage in order to prevent the bank from purchasing higher-priced coverage. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should maintain full coverage.
Auto insurance policy discounts for Dodge Journey insurance in Cincinnati
Car insurance can cost a lot, but there could be available discounts that many consumers don’t even know exist. Many discounts should be triggered at quote time, but some must be inquired about before you get the savings.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to buckle up before driving could cut 10% or more off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- Discount for Home Ownership – Just owning your own home can save a few bucks because of the fact that having a home demonstrates responsibility.
- Anti-theft Discount – Cars and trucks that have factory anti-theft systems are less likely to be stolen and will qualify for a discount on a Cincinnati car insurance quote.
- Senior Discount – Older drivers could receive a small decrease in premiums.
- Multi-car Discount – Drivers who insure all your vehicles with the same company can get a discount for every vehicle.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most of the big mark downs will not be given to all coverage premiums. Most only apply to individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. So when it seems like it’s possible to get free car insurance, companies don’t profit that way.
The chart below visualizes the comparison of Dodge Journey insurance rates with and without discounts applied to the rates. The information is based on a female driver, no violations or accidents, Ohio state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, safe-driver, marriage, multi-car, homeowner, and multi-policy discounts applied.
Popular auto insurance companies and the discounts they provide are detailed below.
- State Farm may have discounts that include Drive Safe & Save, driver’s education, student away at school, passive restraint, multiple autos, and good driver.
- GEICO has discounts for emergency military deployment, air bags, daytime running lights, anti-theft, membership and employees, and military active duty.
- Progressive discounts include good student, homeowner, multi-vehicle, online signing, online quote discount, and multi-policy.
- 21st Century policyholders can earn discounts including theft prevention, teen driver, 55 and older, defensive driver, driver training, automatic seat belts, and homeowners.
- American Family includes discounts for multi-vehicle, accident-free, good student, early bird, good driver, bundled insurance, and TimeAway discount.
- The Hartford may offer discounts for driver training, vehicle fuel type, defensive driver, air bag, bundle, good student, and anti-theft.
- AAA offers discounts including multi-policy, good student, AAA membership discount, multi-car, and pay-in-full.
If you want affordable Dodge Journey insurance quotes, ask all companies you are considering which credits you are entitled to. Depending on the company, some discounts may not be available in Cincinnati. To choose companies that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Cincinnati, click this link.
Why do I need car insurance?
Despite the potentially high cost of Dodge Journey insurance, buying auto insurance is required in Ohio but it also protects you in many ways.
- The majority of states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means state laws require specific limits of liability insurance coverage in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Ohio these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your vehicle, almost every bank will force you to have full coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you let the policy lapse, the bank may buy a policy for your Dodge for a lot more money and require you to reimburse them the higher premium.
- Auto insurance protects both your vehicle and your assets. Insurance will pay for all forms of medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, will also pay to defend you if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If your Dodge gets damaged, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of buying enough insurance more than offset the price you pay, especially when you need to use it. Unknowingly, the average driver overpays as much as $750 every year so we recommend shopping around at least once a year to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Best car insurance company in Cincinnati
Choosing the right insurance company can be a challenge considering how many companies there are in Ohio. The company information listed below could help you pick which coverage providers you want to consider putting your business with.
Top 10 Cincinnati Car Insurance Companies Overall
- 21st Century
- AAA Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
- Safeco Insurance
- State Farm
- American Family
Can’t I compare prices from local Cincinnati car insurance agents?
Certain consumers prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and there is nothing wrong with that. One of the great benefits of getting free rate quotes online is you can get the best rates and also buy local. And buying from neighborhood agents is still important in Cincinnati.
Upon completion of this form (opens in new window), the coverage information is immediately sent to local insurance agents in Cincinnati that give free quotes for your coverage. You don’t have to leave your house since rate quotes are delivered to your email. You can get cheaper insurance rates AND an agent nearby. If you wish to get a rate quote from a particular provider, feel free to jump over to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Finding the right provider requires you to look at more than just the quoted price. You should also get answers to these questions.
- What will you get paid if your car is a total loss? How is that amount determined?
- Will one accident increase rates?
- Will you work with the agent or an assistant?
- How many years have they been established?
- How many years of experience in personal auto insurance do they have?
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
If you receive good responses to all your questions and a low price estimate, it’s possible that you found an insurer that can be trusted to properly insure your vehicles. Just remember it’s your coverage and you can cancel coverage whenever you want so never feel you’re contractually obligated to a specific agent with no way to switch.