Tired of sacrificing to buy insurance? You’re in the same situation as many other Ohio drivers.
Unfortunately, most insurance policyholders have remained with the same insurance company for at least the last four years, and approximately 38% of consumers have never even compared rates from other companies. Consumers in Cincinnati could save roughly $730 every year just by getting comparison quotes, but they feel it’s too difficult to save money by comparing rate quotes.
Steps to finding better rates for Dodge Durango insurance in Cincinnati
The most effective way to find low-cost prices for Dodge Durango insurance in Cincinnati is to compare prices annually from different companies who sell auto insurance in Ohio.
- First, get a basic knowledge of how car insurance works and the modifications you can make to prevent expensive coverage. Many policy risk factors that result in higher prices such as speeding tickets, careless driving and a low credit score can be improved by making minor changes to your lifestyle. Continue reading for ideas to keep prices down and get bigger discounts that may have been overlooked.
- Second, get rate quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only quote rates from a single company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agents can quote rates from many different companies.
- Third, compare the quotes to your existing rates to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find a better price, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
A good piece of advice is to make sure you’re comparing identical limits and deductibles on each quote request and and to get price estimates from as many different insurance providers as possible. Doing this provides a level playing field and a better comparison of the market.
Many car insurance companies vie to insure your vehicles, so it’s not easy to compare every insurer and uncover the absolute lowest rate possible on Dodge Durango insurance in Cincinnati.
You should make it a habit to get comparison quotes yearly because insurance prices are variable and change quite frequently. Just because you had the lowest rate on Dodge Durango insurance in Cincinnati on your last policy there may be better deals available now. There is too much inaccurate information about Durango insurance on the internet, but I’m going to show you some solid techniques on how to put money back in your pocket.
How Car Insurance Companies Determine Dodge Durango Insurance Rates
Part of the car insurance buying process is learning the factors that help determine the rates you pay for car insurance. If you know what controls the rates you pay, this allows you to make good choices that will entitle you to lower car insurance prices. Many different elements are part of the equation when quoting car insurance. A few of the factors are predictable like an MVR report, but others are not quite as obvious like where you live or your vehicle rating.
The factors shown below are a few of the “ingredients” that factor into premiums.
- Keep the miles off and save – The higher the mileage driven in a year’s time the higher your rate. The majority of insurers charge to insure your cars based on how the vehicle is used. Autos used primarily for pleasure use cost less to insure than cars that get driven a lot. Verify your car insurance policy reflects annual mileage, because it can save money. An improperly rated Durango is just wasting money.
- Premiums increase with driving tickets – Getting just one ticket can boost insurance rates by twenty percent. Attentive drivers have lower premiums than their less careful counterparts. Drivers with serious citations such as DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions might be required by their state to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility with their state motor vehicle department in order to legally drive.
- Your address can impact price – Having an address in less populated areas can save you money if you are looking for the lowest rates. Fewer people translates into fewer accident claims and a lower car theft rate. People in densely populated areas regularly have traffic congestion and longer commute times. More time on the road can result in more accidents.
- Do thieves like your car? – Buying a car with a theft deterrent system can save you a little every year. Theft prevention features like OnStar found on GM vehicles, advanced tracking like LoJack, and vehicle immobilization systems can help prevent car theft and help bring rates down.
- Vocation stress can affect rates – Do you have a high-stress occupation? Jobs such as judges, social workers, and miners have higher rates than average attributed to stressful work requirements and incredibly demanding work hours. Conversely, occupations like professors, students and homemakers pay the least.
- Extra policy coverages that may not be needed – There are quite a few extra coverages that can add up on your Durango policy. Add-on coverages like personal injury protection, death and dismemberment, and term life insurance are examples of these. They may seem good when talking to your agent, but now you might not need them so get rid of them and save.
Dodge Durango claim probability – Auto insurance companies include the past claim trends for vehicles when setting rates for each model. Vehicles that statistically have higher claim amounts or frequency will cost more for coverage. The table below shows the insurance loss data for Dodge Durango vehicles.
For each coverage type, the claim probability for all vehicles averaged together is represented as 100. Numbers shown that are under 100 suggest a positive loss record, while values over 100 point to more frequent losses or an increased probability of a larger loss.
Dodge Durango Insurance Claim Statistics Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Dodge Durango 4dr 2WD 88 110 91 104 90 100 Dodge Durango 4dr 4WD 90 115 97 92 93 102BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Don’t overlook these Dodge Durango insurance discounts
Car insurance is expensive, but there could be significant discounts that can help lower your rates. Some trigger automatically when you purchase, but once in a while a discount must be requested specifically prior to getting the savings.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured – Having more than one vehicle with the same car insurance company can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Professional Organizations – Having an affiliation with qualifying employment or professional organizations could trigger savings on car insurance.
- Payment Method – If paying your policy premium upfront instead of paying each month you can avoid monthly service charges.
- Active Service Discounts – Being on active deployment in the military may qualify for rate reductions.
- Discounts for Cautious Drivers – Drivers who don’t get into accidents may save up to 50% more than drivers with accidents.
- Driving Data Discount – Policyholders that allow driving data collection to study where and when they drive through the use of a telematics system such as Drivewise from Allstate or Snapshot from Progressive could possibly reduce rates if they exhibit good driving behavior.
One thing to note about discounts is that most discount credits are not given to the overall cost of the policy. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. Even though the math looks like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you’re out of luck.
The best car insurance companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are outlined below.
- Progressive may have discounts that include multi-policy, online quote discount, homeowner, online signing, and continuous coverage.
- AAA has savings for good student, pay-in-full, AAA membership discount, education and occupation, good driver, multi-car, and anti-theft.
- Farmers Insurance may offer discounts for distant student, good student, switch companies, pay in full, and homeowner.
- GEICO offers discounts for seat belt use, federal employee, anti-lock brakes, daytime running lights, and air bags.
- Esurance offers premium reductions for Switch & Save, defensive driver, online quote, multi-policy, anti-theft, and DriveSense.
- SAFECO may include discounts for safe driver, teen safety rewards, teen safe driver, drive less, anti-lock brakes, accident prevention training, and bundle discounts.
- State Farm offers discounts including student away at school, multiple autos, anti-theft, driver’s education, multiple policy, passive restraint, and safe vehicle.
When comparing rates, check with each insurance company to give you their best rates. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not apply to policies in Cincinnati. To see a list of providers with discount car insurance rates in Ohio, follow this link.
Cheaper car insurance is a realistic goal
When shopping online for car insurance, never buy poor coverage just to save money. There have been many cases where someone sacrificed liability coverage limits and learned later that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your aim should be to buy a smart amount of coverage for the lowest price, but do not skimp to save money.
We just covered many ideas to save on Dodge Durango insurance in Cincinnati. The key concept to understand is the more times you quote, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even be surprised to find that the best price on car insurance is with a smaller regional carrier. They can often provide lower premium rates in certain areas than their larger competitors like State Farm or Progressive.
Low-cost Dodge Durango insurance in Cincinnati can be purchased online as well as from independent agents in Cincinnati, so get free Cincinnati car insurance quotes from both of them to have the best chance of lowering rates. A few companies do not offer online quoting and these smaller providers only sell coverage through independent agents.
How to find cheaper rates for Dodge Durango insurance in Cincinnati
The easiest way to find the cheapest price for Dodge Durango insurance in Cincinnati is to start comparing prices regularly from companies that insure vehicles in Ohio. You can compare prices by following these steps.
Step 1: Spend a few minutes and learn about individual coverages and the factors you can control to keep rates in check. Many rating factors that result in higher prices such as careless driving and poor credit history can be amended by paying attention to minor details.
Step 2: Get rate quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give rate quotes from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes from many different companies.
Step 3: Compare the quotes to the price on your current policy to see if a cheaper rate is available. If you find a lower rate quote and change companies, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
Step 4: Notify your agent or company to cancel your current coverage. Submit the application along with any required down payment to the new company. Once coverage is bound, keep your new proof of insurance certificate in an easily accessible location in your vehicle.
The key aspect of shopping around is that you’ll want to compare the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on every price quote and and to get rate quotes from as many companies as feasibly possible. This enables the most accurate price comparison and the best price selection.
To learn more, feel free to browse the articles below:
- What Does No-Fault Insurance Cover? (Allstate)
- How Much is Cincinnati Auto Insurance for a Toyota Highlander? (FAQ)
- Vehicle Safety Ratings (iihs.org)
- Car Insurance FAQ (Trusted Choice)
- Reducing Your Risks in a Car Crash Video (iihs.org)