Sadly, about 70% of customers have stayed with the same insurance company for at least four years, and practically 40% of insurance customers have never compared rate quotes at all. Many consumers in Cincinnati could save almost $700 each year just by getting comparison quotes, but they don’t understand how simple it is to find affordable insurance rates.
If you want to save the most money, the best way to find affordable quotes for auto insurance rates is to regularly compare quotes from providers who sell auto insurance in Cincinnati.
- First, read about how auto insurance works and the measures you can control to keep rates down. Many policy risk factors that are responsible for high rates such as careless driving and bad credit can be controlled by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
- Second, request rate estimates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give prices from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes for a wide range of companies. Begin your rate comparison
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to your existing rates to see if a cheaper rate is available. If you find a lower rate and decide to switch, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
An important bit of advice to remember is to use the same coverage limits and deductibles on every price quote and and to get prices from as many different insurance providers as possible. Doing this provides a fair rate comparison and maximum price selection.
If you currently have a car insurance policy, you will surely be able to get lower rates using the tips covered below. Shopping for the best-priced car insurance in Cincinnati can be fairly easy. Although Ohio car owners can benefit from knowing the methods companies use to sell insurance online and use this information to your advantage.
Find Cheap Insurance with These Tips
A large part of saving on insurance is knowing the rating factors that are used to determine the rates you pay for insurance. If you understand what determines base rates, this helps enable you to make changes that could help you find lower insurance prices.
The items below are a few of the “ingredients” used by your company to calculate your prices.
Where you live is a factor – Being located in less populated areas has it’s advantages when buying insurance. People in densely populated areas have more auto accidents and a longer drive to work. Less people living in that area translates into fewer accident claims in addition to fewer liability claims.
Battle of the sexes – Statistics demonstrate females are less aggressive when driving. That doesn’t necessarily mean that males are worse at driving than females. Men and women cause fender benders at a similar rate, but males have accidents that have higher claims. They also get cited for more serious violations like DWI (DUI) or reckless driving. Males from age 16 to 21 are several times more likely to be in an accident and therefore have the most expensive insurance rates.
The information below illustrates the difference between Volvo S40 insurance costs for male and female drivers. The rate quotes are based on no claims or driving violations, comp and collision included, $100 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no additional discounts are factored in.
How do annual miles impact costs? – The higher the miles on your Volvo in a year the more you’ll pay to insure your vehicle. Most companies calculate rates based on how the vehicle is used. Vehicles that sit idle most of the time can be on a lower rate level than vehicles that have high annual mileage. Incorrect rating for your S40 may be costing you higher rates. Verify your policy reflects the right rating data, because improper ratings can cost you money.
Reduce insurance rates by staying claim free – Auto insurance companies in Ohio generally give the best rates to policyholders who are claim-free. If you tend to file frequent claims, you can pretty much guarantee increased rates or even have your policy non-renewed. Auto insurance is designed for claims that you cannot pay yourself.
Buy a safe car and pay less – Vehicles with good safety scores can get you lower premiums. Highly rated vehicles have better occupant injury protection and lower injury rates translates into savings for insurance companies which can mean better rates for you. If your Volvo S40 scored better than four stars on Safercar.gov you may pay a lower rate.
Do you really need the incidental coverages? – There are a lot of extra add-on coverages that you can get tricked into buying on your S40 policy. Coverages like roadside assistance, death and dismemberment, and membership fees are probably not needed. These may sound like a good investment when discussing your needs, but your needs may have changed so eliminate them to save money.
Liability coverage limits are a factor – Your policy’s liability coverage is the protection when you are found liable for an accident. Your liability coverage provides you with a defense in court which can cost a lot. It is affordable coverage compared to other policy coverages, so drivers should buy more than the minimum limits required by law.
When looking for the cheapest Volvo S40 rate quotes, there are a couple ways of comparing rates from insurance companies in your area. The easiest way by far to lower the rate you pay for Volvo S40 insurance is to use the internet to compare rates.
It’s important to know that obtaining a wide range of quotes increases the chance that you will find lower pricing. Some companies don’t provide Cincinnati S40 insurance quotes online, so it’s recommended that you also compare price estimates on coverage from those companies, too.
The auto insurance companies shown below are our best choices to provide quotes in Cincinnati, OH. In order to find the cheapest auto insurance in Cincinnati, OH, we suggest you compare several of them in order to find the most competitive rates.
The information displayed below highlights estimates of policy rates for Volvo S40 models. Being more informed about how auto insurance policy rates are established is important for making decisions on which insurance to purchase.
|S40 T5 AWD R-Design
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go
Data variables include single female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Ohio minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-policy, homeowner, safe-driver, and multi-vehicle. Rate information does not factor in specific garaging location which can change insurance rates greatly.
Responsible drivers pay cheaper auto insurance rates
The example below highlights how traffic violations and fender-benders can affect Volvo S40 auto insurance rates for each different age group. The price estimates are based on a married male driver, full coverage, $250 deductibles, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Three reasons insurance is important
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Volvo in Cincinnati, maintaining insurance serves a purpose in several ways.
- Almost all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a minimum amount of liability in order to drive the car legally. In Ohio these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your vehicle, almost all lenders will require that you have comprehensive coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If you default on your policy, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Volvo at a significantly higher premium and require you to fork over a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects not only your Volvo S40 but also your assets. It also can pay for medical transport and hospital expenses incurred in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you are sued as the result of your driving. If you have damage to your Volvo as the result of the weather or an accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of buying insurance definitely exceed the price paid, especially when you need to use it. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver is overpaying more than $855 a year so you should quote your policy with other companies each time the policy renews to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Save a ton on Volvo S40 insurance in Cincinnati with these discounts
Insurance is not cheap nor is it fun to buy but you might find some hidden discounts that could help you make your next renewal payment. Certain reductions will be credited at the time of quoting, but some must be requested specifically before they will apply.
- Claim-Free Discount – Insureds who avoid accidents and claims can save substantially when compared to policyholders that have many claims.
- Good Student – This discount can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you until age 25.
- Own a Home and Save – Owning your own home or condo can earn you a little savings due to the fact that maintaining a home means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- Pay Early and Save – By making one initial payment instead of making monthly payments you could save up to 5%.
- Discount for Low Mileage – Low annual miles may allow you to get discounted insurance rates on garaged vehicles.
- Government Employee Discount – Simply working for the federal government could provide a small rate reduction with some insurance companies.
- Theft Prevention System – Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles prevent vehicle theft and that can save you a little bit as well.
- Online Discount – Some companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks for buying your policy online.
Policy discounts save money, but some of the credits will not apply to the entire cost. Most cut individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. Just because it seems like you could get a free insurance policy, companies don’t profit that way.
The diagram below illustrates the comparison of Volvo S40 car insurance rates with and without discounts applied to the policy rates. Data assumes a female driver, no claims or driving violations, Ohio state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, multi-policy, homeowner, claim-free, safe-driver, and marriage discounts applied.
Larger insurance companies and a selection of discounts include:
- The Hartford has savings for bundle, good student, vehicle fuel type, air bag, driver training, and anti-theft.
- American Family has discounts for mySafetyValet, air bags, defensive driver, good driver, multi-vehicle, and Steer into Savings.
- Progressive offers discounts for continuous coverage, online quote discount, homeowner, online signing, and good student.
- Travelers may offer discounts for multi-car, driver training, continuous insurance, early quote, IntelliDrive, and multi-policy.
- Farmers Insurance may include discounts for alternative fuel, business and professional, distant student, bundle discounts, and teen driver.
- USAA policyholders can earn discounts including loyalty savings, defensive driver, multi-policy, good student, vehicle storage, multi-vehicle, and driver training.
- Liberty Mutual includes discounts for good student, new move discount, new vehicle discount, newly retired, and newly married.
If you want cheaper Cincinnati car insurance quotes, ask each company or agent what discounts are available to you. Depending on the company, some discounts may not be offered everywhere. If you would like to view insurers with discount rates in Cincinnati, click here.
Insurance agent or online?
Some consumers just want to talk to an insurance agent and we recommend doing that A nice benefit of comparing insurance prices online is you may find the lowest rates and also buy local. Buying insurance from local agents is important particularly in Cincinnati.
After completing this simple form, your information gets sent to agents in your area that can provide free Cincinnati car insurance quotes for your coverage. You won’t need to find an agent on your own due to the fact that quote results will go directly to you. You can get cheaper auto insurance rates and a licensed agent to talk to. If for some reason you want to get a rate quote from one company in particular, don’t hesitate to search and find their rate quote page and fill out their quote form.
When narrowing the list to find a good Cincinnati insurance agent, you must know there are a couple types of agencies and how they are slightly different. Agents in Cincinnati are considered either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments.
Independent Auto Insurance Agents
These agents do not write with just one company so as a result can place your coverage with many different companies and find the cheapest rate. To move your coverage to a new company, the business is moved internally which makes it simple for you.
When shopping rates, it’s recommended you check rates from a few independent agents so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare. They often place coverage with smaller regional carriers which could offer lower prices.
Shown below is a short list of independent agents in Cincinnati that can possibly get you free price quotes.
- Rick Hensley Insurance Agency
747 Ohio Pike – Cincinnati, OH 45245 – (513) 797-8300 – View Map
- Advantage Insurance Network LLC
4739 Delhi Ave – Cincinnati, OH 45238 – (513) 922-9460 – View Map
- CMS Insurance Inc
2756 Erie Ave – Cincinnati, OH 45208 – (513) 321-2000 – View Map
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agents
Exclusive insurance agents can only provide one company’s prices such as AAA, Allstate, and State Farm. They usually cannot shop your coverage around so always compare other rates. Exclusive insurance agents are usually well trained on what they offer which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. Some people will only buy from the same agent for years mainly due to the prominent brand name rather than low price.
Below is a short list of exclusive agents in Cincinnati who can help you get price quotes.
- Beth Wilker – State Farm Insurance Agent
8406 Winton Rd – Cincinnati, OH 45231 – (513) 521-0884 – View Map
- Dianne Michael – Allstate Insurance Agent
5062 Delhi Ave – Cincinnati, OH 45238 – (513) 451-8700 – View Map
- Mike Albrinck – State Farm Insurance Agent
9018 Reading Rd – Cincinnati, OH 45215 – (513) 563-9099 – View Map
Finding the right auto insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just the premium amount. The following questions are important to ask.
- Do they specialize in personal lines auto insurance in Cincinnati?
- Will the company cover a rental car if your car is getting fixed?
- Are they actively involved in the community?
- What will you get paid if your car is a total loss? How is that amount determined?
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
- Is vehicle damage repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
You can lower your car insurance rates
The cheapest Volvo S40 insurance in Cincinnati can be purchased on the web as well as from independent agents in Cincinnati, so get free Cincinnati car insurance quotes from both of them to have the best selection. Some insurance companies may not have the ability to get quotes online and most of the time these regional insurance providers provide coverage only through independent insurance agencies.
As you shop your coverage around, it’s very important that you do not reduce needed coverages to save money. There have been many cases where someone sacrificed full coverage only to discover later that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. The goal is to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best possible price while still protecting your assets.
We just covered quite a bit of information on how to reduce Volvo S40 insurance rates online in Cincinnati. The key concept to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even find the lowest priced car insurance comes from a small mutual company.
Additional car insurance information can be read below:
- Protect Yourself Against Auto Theft (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for Immigrants in Cincinnati? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for Single Moms in Cincinnati? (FAQ)
- Medical Payments Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- No-Fault Auto Insurance Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Understanding Your Insurance Deductible (Insurance Information Institute)