Regrettably, most drivers in Ohio have bought auto insurance from the same company for over three years, and just under half have never compared quotes from other companies. Drivers in the U.S. could save almost $860 each year, but they just don’t understand the amount of money they would save if they switched.
It takes a little time, but the best way to get affordable Toyota Camry Hybrid insurance is to make a habit of regularly comparing prices from different companies who provide car insurance in Cincinnati. You can shop around by completing these steps.
Step 1: Read and learn about how companies set rates and the measures you can take to lower rates. Many policy risk factors that cause rate increases such as accidents, careless driving, and a less-than-favorable credit rating can be improved by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
Step 2: Obtain price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can provide rates from one company like GEICO or State Farm, while agents who are independent can quote rates for a wide range of insurance providers. Begin your rate comparison
Step 3: Compare the quotes to the premium of your current policy and see if you can save money. If you can save some money and buy the policy, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
Step 4: Tell your current agent or company of your decision to cancel your current coverage and submit the application along with any required down payment to your new agent or company. As soon as you have the new policy, safely store the certificate of insurance in your vehicle’s glove compartment or console.
One thing to remember is to compare the same coverage limits and deductibles on every price quote and and to get rate quotes from all possible companies. This helps ensure a level playing field and plenty of rates choose from.
Do you qualify for discounts?
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but companies offer discounts that you may not know about. Certain credits will be shown at quote time, but once in a while a discount must be specially asked for prior to receiving the credit. If you don’t get every credit available, you are throwing money away.
- Service Members Pay Less – Having a deployed family member can result in better auto insurance rates.
- Driving Data Discount – Cincinnati drivers who agree to allow driving data collection to study their driving habits by using a telematic data system like Allstate’s Drivewise could see a rate decrease if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts – Buying insurance for several vehicles with one company can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- Life Insurance Discount – Some auto insurance companies give better prices if you take out a life insurance policy as well.
- Employee of Federal Government – Simply working for the federal government can save as much as 8% with certain companies.
Please keep in mind that most credits do not apply to all coverage premiums. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. Despite the appearance that you can get free auto insurance, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
The chart below shows the difference between Toyota Camry Hybrid insurance costs with and without discounts applied. The premiums are based on a male driver, no violations or accidents, Ohio state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, safe-driver, homeowner, claim-free, multi-policy, and multi-car discounts applied.
A list of auto insurance companies and some of the discounts include:
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including student away at school, anti-theft, multiple policy, good driver, and accident-free.
- Progressive has savings for online signing, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, homeowner, and continuous coverage.
- Progressive offers discounts for good student, continuous coverage, online signing, online quote discount, and multi-policy.
- MetLife may offer discounts for multi-policy, accident-free, good driver, claim-free, good student, defensive driver
- Farm Bureau has discounts for multi-policy, good student, youthful driver, safe driver, and multi-vehicle.
- GEICO includes discounts for membership and employees, multi-vehicle, anti-lock brakes, seat belt use, good student, and emergency military deployment.
- SAFECO may have discounts that include bundle discounts, drive less, accident prevention training, anti-lock brakes, and teen safe driver.
If you are trying to find cheaper Cincinnati car insurance quotes, ask every insurance company which discounts you qualify for. Some discounts listed above may not apply to policyholders in Cincinnati. To choose auto insurance companies with discount auto insurance rates in Cincinnati, follow this link.
The companies in the list below provide comparison quotes in Ohio. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you compare several of them in order to find the most competitive rates.
Toyota Camry Hybrid coverage statistics
The coverage table shown below outlines a range of insurance costs for Toyota Camry Hybrid models. Having a good understanding how insurance rates are established can help guide drivers when making informed decisions when comparing rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Above prices assume single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Ohio minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, safe-driver, claim-free, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle. Prices do not factor in specific garaging location which can affect coverage prices substantially.
The example below shows how choosing a deductible and can change Toyota Camry Hybrid insurance prices for different age groups. The rate quotes are based on a married female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no discounts are applied.
Cost of full coverage in Cincinnati
The information below illustrates the comparison of Toyota Camry Hybrid auto insurance costs when comparing full coverage to liability only. The costs are based on no tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are applied.
Should you buy full coverage or liability only?
There is no definitive guideline for eliminating comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, but there is a general guideline you can use. If the yearly cost of full coverage is more than around 10% of the vehicle’s replacement cost less your deductible, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
For example, let’s say your Toyota Camry Hybrid book value is $8,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, the most your company would pay you is $7,000 after you pay the deductible. If you are currently paying more than $700 annually for comprehensive and collision coverage, then you might consider buying liability only.
There are a few situations where dropping physical damage coverage is not financially feasible. If you still have a loan on your vehicle, you have to maintain full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if you don’t have enough money to buy a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should not eliminate full coverage.
Toyota Camry Hybrid Insurance Prices Can Be Cheaper
Lots of factors are part of the equation when pricing auto insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious such as your driving history, but others are not as apparent like your continuous coverage or how financially stable you are.
Guys tend to take more risk – Over the last 30 years, statistics show women are more cautious behind the wheel. However, this does not mean females are better drivers. Both sexes tend to get into at-fault accidents in similar numbers, but guys have costlier accidents. Men also statistically receive more costly citations such as DWI and reckless driving. Males from age 16 to 21 cause the most accidents so it costs more to insure them.
The illustration below illustrates the difference between Toyota Camry Hybrid auto insurance costs for male and female drivers. The costs are based on no claims or driving citations, full coverage, $500 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are applied.
- How credit score affects auto insurance costs – A driver’s credit score factor in determining what you pay. So if your credit rating can be improved, you could pay less to insure your Toyota Camry Hybrid by taking the time to improve your credit score. Drivers who have excellent credit scores tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims than those with bad credit.
- Don’t skimp on liability coverage – A critical coverage on your policy, liability insurance will protect you when a court rules you are at fault for damages from an accident. Your policy’s liability insurance provides you with a defense in court to attempt to prove you were not liable. This coverage is very inexpensive when compared with rates for comp and collision, so do not cut corners here.
The type of car, truck or SUV makes a difference – The performance level of the vehicle you are buying insurance for makes a huge difference in your auto insurance rates. The lowest base rates are generally reserved for economy passenger cars, but the cost you end up paying is determined by many additional factors.
The data below uses these variables: single male driver age 30, full coverage with $250 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. The data compares Toyota Camry Hybrid rates compared to other vehicles that have different performance risks.
Cautious drivers pay the best prices – Getting just one speeding ticket or other violation could increase your next policy renewal by as much as twenty percent. Attentive drivers pay less for auto insurance compared to bad drivers. People who have careless violations like reckless driving or DUI may need to file a SR-22 with the DMV in their state in order to legally drive a vehicle.
The chart below shows how speeding tickets and accident claims can affect Toyota Camry Hybrid car insurance rates for each different age group. The information is based on a single male driver, full coverage, $250 deductibles, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
- High physical damage deductibles lower prices – Physical damage deductibles define how much you are willing to pay if you file a covered claim. Coverage for physical damage, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, is used to repair damage to your car. Some coverage claims are colliding with a stationary object, vandalism, and damage caused by road hazards. The more money the insured is willing to pay, the lower your rates will be.
- Deter theft and save – Choosing a vehicle with advanced anti-theft systems can help lower your rates. Systems that thwart thieves such as vehicle immobilizer systems, OnStar, and tracking devices like LoJack can help prevent car theft.
Claims statistics for a Toyota Camry Hybrid – Companies use historical loss data to determine a rate that will be profitable for them. Vehicles that the data shows to have higher claim amounts or frequency will have higher rates for specific coverages.
The table below demonstrates the actual insurance loss data for Toyota Camry Hybrid vehicles. For each policy coverage type, the loss probability for all vehicles combined as an average is considered to be 100. Values below 100 represent a good loss history, while values that are above 100 show a trend for more claims or statistically larger losses.
Toyota Camry Hybrid Insurance Loss Statistics Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Toyota Camry Hybrid 124 100 110 118 127 96BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
You may need specialized car insurance coverage
When selecting insurance from an agent or online, there is no one-size-fits-all type of policy. Each situation is unique so your insurance needs to address that. For example, these questions can aid in determining if your insurance needs will benefit from professional help.
- Should I carry comprehensive and collision coverage?
- Do I need added coverage for expensive stereo equipment?
- Where can I find high-risk insurance?
- Do I really need UM/UIM coverage?
- Are there any extra discounts I can get?
- Am I covered if I break a side mirror?
- What is GAP insurance?
If you’re not sure about those questions but one or more may apply to you then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It is quick, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Get rate quotes but still have a local neighborhood Cincinnati car insurance agent
Certain consumers just want to go talk to an agent and often times that is recommended Good insurance agents will help you protect your assets and will help you if you have claims. One of the best bonuses of getting online price quotes is the fact that you can find lower rates and still have a local agent. Supporting local insurance agents is definitely important in Cincinnati.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this form (opens in new window), your information is instantly submitted to local insurance agents who will gladly provide quotes for your auto insurance coverage. You won’t need to drive around since price quotes are sent to you instantly. If you need to quote rates from a particular provider, you would need to visit that company’s website to submit a rate quote request.
If you would like to find a local insurance agency, you should know the different types of agencies and how they are slightly different. Auto insurance policy providers are categorized either independent or exclusive. Both can sell affordable auto insurance policies, but it’s important to point out how they differ since it can impact the kind of agent you use.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
These agents can sell policies from many different companies and that gives them the ability to insure with any number of different companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If they find a cheaper price, they can switch companies in-house and you don’t have to do anything.
When comparing auto insurance prices, you definitely need to include price quotes from at least one independent agent in order to have the best price comparison. They often place coverage with additional companies that you may not be familiar with that may have much lower rates than larger companies.
Shown below are independent insurance agencies in Cincinnati that may be able to give competitive price quotes.
- United Heartland Insurance Agencies
6701 Ruwes Oak Dr – Cincinnati, OH 45248 – (513) 896-5555 – View Map
- Brodbeck Porter Ins Agency
1080 Nimitzview Dr #301 – Cincinnati, OH 45230 – (513) 624-0900 – View Map
- Dempsey and Siders Insurance Agency
6725 Miami Ave #102 – Cincinnati, OH 45243 – (513) 891-4400 – View Map
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents in the exclusive channel can only provide pricing for a single company such as Farmers Insurance, Allstate, or State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot compare other company’s rates so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. These agents receive a lot of sales training in insurance sales which aids in selling service over price. Drivers often choose to use an exclusive agent mainly due to the prominent brand name and solid financial strength.
Below is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Cincinnati willing to provide price quote information.
- Rick Wertz – State Farm Insurance Agent
7736 Beechmont Ave – Cincinnati, OH 45255 – (513) 231-0100 – View Map
- Mark Redmond – State Farm Insurance Agent
7225 Colerain Ave Ste 202 – Cincinnati, OH 45239 – (513) 221-7836 – View Map
- Chuck Detmering – State Farm Insurance Agent
2638 Kipling Ave – Cincinnati, OH 45239 – (513) 741-4500 – View Map
Picking a insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just a low price. You should also get answers to these questions.
- Is auto insurance their primary focus in Cincinnati?
- Where would your vehicle be repaired?
- Do the companies they represent have a solid financial rating?
- Is coverage determined by price?
- Do you have coverage for a rental car if your vehicle is in the repair shop?
Upon getting good responses for all questions you ask as well as an affordable premium quote, you’ve probably found an insurance agent that can be trusted to insure your vehicles.
Insurance just makes sense
Even though Cincinnati Camry Hybrid insurance rates can get expensive, insurance may be mandatory for several reasons.
- The majority of states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific level of liability insurance coverage in order to license the vehicle. In Ohio these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your vehicle, almost all lenders will require you to buy insurance to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you let the policy lapse, the bank may buy a policy for your Toyota at a much higher rate and force you to pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance safeguards your car and your assets. Insurance will also pay for medical transport and hospital expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also pays for attorney fees and expenses in the event you are sued. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of having insurance greatly outweigh the cost, especially for larger claims. An average driver in America is overpaying over $820 a year so shop around every year to help ensure money is not being wasted.
More quotes mean more auto insurance savings
When searching for the cheapest Toyota Camry Hybrid rate quotes, it’s not a good idea to buy less coverage just to save a little money. There are a lot of situations where an accident victim reduced physical damage coverage and found out when filing a claim that they should have had better coverage. The proper strategy is to purchase a proper amount of coverage for the lowest price and still be able to protect your assets.
You just read a lot of techniques to save on Toyota Camry Hybrid insurance in Cincinnati. The key thing to remember is the more companies you get rates for, the better your chances of lowering your rates. Consumers may even find the most savings is with a smaller regional carrier. They often have lower rates on specific markets than their larger competitors like Allstate and Progressive.
Additional information can be found at these links:
- Rental Reimbursement Coverage (Allstate)
- Who Has Cheap Cincinnati Auto Insurance for State Employees? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for Teenage Females in Cincinnati? (FAQ)
- How to Avoid Common Accidents (State Farm)
- When is the Right Time to Switch Car Insurance Companies? (Allstate)
- Young Drivers: The High Risk Years Video (iihs.org)
- Smart Auto Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)