How long has it been since you shopped around for lower-priced auto insurance rates in Cincinnati, OH? Cincinnati drivers have lots of choices when trying to find the best price on Tesla Model 3 insurance. You can either spend your time calling around getting price quotes or save time using the internet to find the lowest rates.
There is a right way and a wrong way to shop for auto insurance and you need to know the proper way to price shop coverage for your Tesla and locate the lowest possible price.
Smart shoppers know that car insurance companies don’t want you to look for cheaper rates. People who perform rate comparisons are highly likely to buy a different policy because there are good odds of finding a lower-priced policy. A study showed that people who routinely shopped for cheaper coverage saved $3,400 over four years compared to drivers who never compared rates.
If finding the most affordable auto insurance in Cincinnati is your intention, then learning a little about the best way to shop and compare insurance coverage can save time and money.
It’s a good habit to shop coverage around occasionally because auto insurance prices are usually higher with each renewal. If you had the lowest quotes on Tesla Model 3 insurance in Cincinnati on your last policy you will most likely find a better rate today. Ignore everything you know about auto insurance because you’re about to learn the fastest and easiest way to reduce your cost while increasing coverage.
This article’s goal is to tell you how to get online quotes and some tips to save money. If you are already insured, you stand a good chance to be able to reduce premiums using this strategy. Smart shoppers just have to learn the quickest way to get comparison rates from many different companies.
The following companies offer quotes in Ohio. To buy cheap auto insurance in Cincinnati, we recommend you click on several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Choosing the best vehicle insurance in Ohio is an important decision
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Tesla Model 3 in Cincinnati, insurance is required in Ohio but it also protects you in many ways.
- Just about all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific level of liability coverage in order to be legal. In Ohio these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Tesla, most banks will require you to buy full coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank may buy a policy for your Tesla for a much higher rate and force you to pay for it.
- Insurance safeguards both your car and your personal assets. Insurance will pay for medical transport and hospital expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also pays expenses related to your legal defense if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If you have damage to your Tesla as the result of the weather or an accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance definitely exceed the cost, especially if you ever need it. On average, a vehicle owner in Cincinnati is wasting up to $820 a year so you should quote your policy with other companies at least once a year to ensure rates are competitive.
Cut your car insurance rates with discounts
Companies that sell car insurance don’t always advertise every discount available very well, so the list below gives a summary of some of the best known as well as some of the hidden credits available to you.
- Pay Upfront and Save – By paying your entire bill at once rather than paying in monthly installments you can avoid monthly service charges.
- Good Driver Discount – Accident-free drivers can save as much as half off their rates as compared to drivers with claims.
- Accident Free – Insureds with no claims or accidents can save substantially in comparison with policyholders that have many claims.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Cars with ABS braking systems or traction control prevent accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Telematics Discount – Cincinnati drivers who agree to allow data collection to study driving manner by installing a telematics device such as Snapshot from Progressive or Drivewise from Allstate could possibly reduce rates if their driving habits are good.
A little disclaimer on discounts, most credits do not apply to the entire policy premium. Some only apply to individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. So despite the fact that it appears you could get a free car insurance policy, that’s just not realistic. Any qualifying discounts will positively reduce the amount you have to pay.
A list of car insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts can be read below.
- The Hartford discounts include defensive driver, driver training, good student, vehicle fuel type, anti-theft, air bag, and bundle.
- American Family has savings for good driver, defensive driver, mySafetyValet, Steer into Savings, early bird, accident-free, and good student.
- Progressive may have discounts that include multi-policy, online signing, multi-vehicle, homeowner, and good student.
- Travelers may include discounts for student away at school, payment discounts, continuous insurance, new car, driver training, and home ownership.
- Farmers Insurance has discounts for mature driver, youthful driver, good student, homeowner, business and professional, and early shopping.
- USAA may offer discounts for defensive driver, multi-vehicle, family discount, vehicle storage, new vehicle, and loyalty savings.
- Liberty Mutual offers premium reductions for new vehicle discount, good student, safety features, multi-car, new move discount, new graduate, and hybrid vehicle.
When getting a coverage quote, ask every insurance company which discounts you may be entitled to. Some discounts listed above may not apply to policyholders everywhere. To find car insurance companies that offer the discounts shown above in Ohio, click this link.
Compare rates but work with a local Cincinnati insurance agency
Some people would prefer to buy from a local agent and that is just fine! Professional insurance agents can point out coverage gaps and give you someone to call. A good thing about comparing rates online is that you can find cheap rate quotes and still have an agent to talk to. Putting coverage with local insurance agents is especially important in Cincinnati.
To find an agent, once you fill out this form (opens in new window), your insurance data is submitted to participating agents in Cincinnati who will give you quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no reason to contact any insurance agencies because prices are sent to you directly. If for some reason you want to quote rates from one company in particular, don’t hesitate to jump over to their website and complete a quote there.
The different types of auto insurance agents
If you want a good insurance agency, you need to know there are two types of insurance agents that you can select. Auto insurance agents are considered either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Either can sell auto insurance policies, but we need to point out how they are different since it could factor into buying decisions.
Independent Auto Insurance Agents (or Brokers)
Independent insurance agents do not have single company limitations so as a result can place your coverage with many different companies and find you cheaper rates. To transfer your coverage to a different company, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you stay with the same agent. If you need lower rates, we highly recommend that you check rates from multiple independent agents in order to have the best price comparison. Most also write with smaller companies which could offer lower prices.
Below is a list of independent insurance agencies in Cincinnati who may provide free auto insurance rate quotes.
- Rick Hensley Insurance Agency
747 Ohio Pike – Cincinnati, OH 45245 – (513) 797-8300 – View Map
- Meissner Insurance Agency
3710 Harrison Ave – Cincinnati, OH 45211 – (513) 661-4426 – View Map
- Henry Insurance Agency LLC
2757 Observatory Ave #22 – Cincinnati, OH 45208 – (513) 871-7700 – View Map
Agents of this type can only provide one company’s prices such as Allstate and State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot give you multiple price quotes so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive agents receive a lot of sales training in insurance sales which can be an advantage. Consumers frequently use the same agent partially due to loyalty to the company rather than low price.
Shown below is a list of exclusive agents in Cincinnati who can help you get comparison quotes.
- Richard Curry Jr – State Farm Insurance Agent
4953 Delhi Ave – Cincinnati, OH 45238 – (513) 451-5205 – View Map
- Greg Meinberg – State Farm Insurance Agent
3322 Erie Ave #102 – Cincinnati, OH 45208 – (513) 533-1661 – View Map
- American Family Insurance – Barbara Hall
4010 N Bend Rd Ste 300 – Cincinnati, OH 45211 – (513) 347-9492 – View Map
Picking an insurance agency should depend on more than just the premium amount. Here are some questions to ask:
- Does the agency have a positive business rating?
- Is there a Errors and Omissions policy in force?
- If your car is totaled, how to they determine the replacement cost?
- Which insurance company do they prefer to write with?
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
- How long has their agency been in business in Cincinnati?
If you feel you receive reasonable responses to all your questions and an affordable coverage quote, most likely you have located a car insurance agent that is reputable and can service your policy.
Different people need different car insurance coverages
When it comes to choosing a policy for your personal vehicles, there really is no best way to insure your cars. Your situation is unique and your car insurance should unique, too.
For instance, these questions might help in determining whether your personal situation could use an agent’s help.
- Can good grades get a discount?
- How high should my uninsured/underinsured coverage be in Ohio?
- Do I need to file an SR-22 for a DUI in Ohio?
- Is a driver training discount available?
- What does PIP insurance cover?
- Should I buy additional glass protection?
If you’re not sure about those questions, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It only takes a few minutes and you can get the answers you need.
We just covered many ideas to compare Tesla Model 3 insurance prices in Cincinnati. The most important thing to understand is the more price quotes you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Drivers may even discover the biggest savings come from a small mutual company. Smaller companies can often provide lower rates in certain areas compared to the large companies like Allstate and Progressive.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, it’s a bad idea to buy less coverage just to save a little money. There have been many situations where someone sacrificed uninsured motorist or liability limits and found out when filing a claim they didn’t have enough coverage. Your strategy should be to purchase plenty of coverage at a price you can afford while not skimping on critical coverages.
How to save on Tesla Model 3 insurance in Cincinnati
The most effective way to get discount Tesla Model 3 insurance in Cincinnati is to start comparing prices regularly from different companies in Ohio.
Step 1: Try to comprehend auto insurance and the things you can control to lower rates. Many factors that are responsible for high rates like at-fault accidents, speeding tickets, and your credit history can be amended by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
Step 2: Request rate estimates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only quote rates from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes from multiple companies.
Step 3: Compare the new quotes to the price on your current policy and see if you can save money. If you can save some money, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
Step 4: Provide notification to your current agent or company to cancel the current policy. Submit the required down payment along with the signed application to the new insurer. Don’t forget to put the proof of insurance certificate in an easily accessible location in your vehicle.
One key aspect when comparing rates is to try to compare identical deductibles and limits on each price quote and and to get price estimates from as many different companies as possible. This enables the most accurate price comparison and the best price selection.
To learn more, feel free to browse these articles:
- Property Damage Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- How Much is Car Insurance for a Jeep Grand Cherokee in Cincinnati? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Learners Permit in Cincinnati? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Cincinnati Car Insurance Rates for a Chevrolet Silverado? (FAQ)
- Should I Purchase an Umbrella Liability Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- State Laws for Cellphones and Texting (iihs.org)
- Dangers of fake or stolen airbags (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- What Does No-Fault Insurance Cover? (Allstate)