The preferred way to find better pricing on Porsche 911 insurance is to compare prices once a year from insurers who can sell car insurance in Cincinnati.
- Step 1: Try to comprehend how your policy works and the steps you can take to prevent rate increases. Many things that cause rate increases such as your driving record and an imperfect credit rating can be rectified by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
- Step 2: Get rate quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can only provide price estimates from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can give you price quotes for a wide range of companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new rates to your existing rates to determine if you can save on 911 insurance in Cincinnati. If you find better rates, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Step 4: Give notification to your current company of your decision to cancel your current policy. Submit a down payment along with a signed application to the newly selected company. As soon as coverage is bound, keep your new proof of insurance paperwork in an easily accessible location.
A key point to remember is to make sure you enter identical coverage information on every quote and and to get price estimates from every company you can. This guarantees an apples-to-apples comparison and a complete price analysis.
It’s a fact that car insurance companies want to keep you from shopping around. People who compare other rates will, in all likelihood, switch insurance companies because they have a good chance of finding coverage at a more affordable price. A recent insurance study discovered that consumers who regularly compared rates saved on average $850 each year compared to drivers who didn’t regularly shop around.
If finding the best rates on auto insurance is your objective, then having a grasp of the best ways to find and compare car insurance can help you succeed in saving money.
Locating the most cost-effective insurance policy in Cincinnati is not that difficult as long as you know where to start. If you have insurance now, you will definitely be able to lower your rates using these methods. Although Ohio car owners do need to learn how big insurance companies market insurance on the web.
The quickest method we recommend to get policy rate comparisons for Porsche 911 insurance in Cincinnati is to realize auto insurance companies actually pay money for the chance to quote your coverage. All you need to do is provide a small amount of information like coverage limits, if a SR-22 is required, marital status, and any included safety features. That rating data is instantly provided to multiple companies and they return rate quotes within a short period of time.
To check car insurance prices now, click here and find out if you can get cheaper insurance in Cincinnati.
The following companies are our best choices to provide comparison quotes in Cincinnati, OH. If you wish to find cheap auto insurance in Cincinnati, OH, we recommend you get price quotes from several of them in order to find the cheapest rates.
Rates and detailed analysis
The table displayed next highlights detailed analysis of insurance policy prices for Porsche 911 models. Learning how insurance quotes are calculated is important for drivers to make decisions on which coverage to buy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|911 Carrera 2 2-Dr Coupe||$168||$384||$218||$12||$66||$848||$71|
|911 Carrera 4 2-Dr Coupe||$182||$384||$218||$12||$66||$862||$72|
|911 Carrera 2 Cabriolet 2-Dr Convertible||$182||$384||$186||$10||$56||$818||$68|
|911 Carrera 2 S 2-Dr Coupe||$182||$384||$218||$12||$66||$862||$72|
|911 Carrera 4 Cabriolet 2-Dr Convertible||$182||$384||$186||$10||$56||$818||$68|
|911 Carrera 4S 2-Dr Coupe||$182||$420||$218||$12||$66||$898||$75|
|911 Carrera Targa 2-Dr Coupe||$182||$420||$218||$12||$66||$898||$75|
|911 Carrera 2 S 2-Dr Convertible||$182||$420||$186||$10||$56||$854||$71|
|911 Carrera 4S Cabriolet 2-Dr Convertible||$198||$384||$186||$10||$56||$834||$70|
|911 Carrera Targa S 2-Dr Coupe||$198||$420||$218||$12||$66||$914||$76|
|911 GT3 2-Dr Coupe||$198||$456||$218||$12||$66||$950||$79|
|911 GT3 RS 2-Dr Coupe||$226||$492||$218||$12||$66||$1,014||$85|
|911 Turbo 2-Dr Coupe||$226||$492||$218||$12||$66||$1,014||$85|
|911 Turbo 2-Dr Convertible||$226||$528||$186||$10||$56||$1,006||$84|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Cost estimates assume married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Ohio minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-policy, claim-free, homeowner, and multi-vehicle. Estimates do not factor in vehicle location which can revise premiums significantly.
Higher deductibles lower rates
One of the more difficult decisions when buying insurance is where to set your physical damage deductibles. The premium rates below help summarize how much more rates are of buying low and high insurance deductibles. The first set of prices uses a $100 physical damage coverage deductible and the second data table uses a $1,000 deductible.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|911 Carrera 2 2-Dr Coupe||$296||$668||$226||$14||$68||$1,297||$108|
|911 Carrera 4 2-Dr Coupe||$320||$668||$226||$14||$68||$1,321||$110|
|911 Carrera 2 Cabriolet 2-Dr Convertible||$320||$668||$192||$12||$58||$1,275||$106|
|911 Carrera 2 S 2-Dr Coupe||$320||$668||$226||$14||$68||$1,321||$110|
|911 Carrera 4 Cabriolet 2-Dr Convertible||$320||$668||$192||$12||$58||$1,275||$106|
|911 Carrera 4S 2-Dr Coupe||$320||$730||$226||$14||$68||$1,383||$115|
|911 Carrera Targa 2-Dr Coupe||$320||$730||$226||$14||$68||$1,383||$115|
|911 Carrera 2 S 2-Dr Convertible||$320||$730||$192||$12||$58||$1,337||$111|
|911 Carrera 4S Cabriolet 2-Dr Convertible||$346||$668||$192||$12||$58||$1,301||$108|
|911 Carrera Targa S 2-Dr Coupe||$346||$730||$226||$14||$68||$1,409||$117|
|911 GT3 2-Dr Coupe||$346||$792||$226||$14||$68||$1,471||$123|
|911 GT3 RS 2-Dr Coupe||$396||$856||$226||$14||$68||$1,585||$132|
|911 Turbo 2-Dr Coupe||$396||$856||$226||$14||$68||$1,585||$132|
|911 Turbo 2-Dr Convertible||$396||$918||$192||$12||$58||$1,601||$133|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|911 Carrera 2 2-Dr Coupe||$164||$352||$226||$14||$68||$824||$69|
|911 Carrera 4 2-Dr Coupe||$178||$352||$226||$14||$68||$838||$70|
|911 Carrera 2 Cabriolet 2-Dr Convertible||$178||$352||$192||$12||$58||$792||$66|
|911 Carrera 2 S 2-Dr Coupe||$178||$352||$226||$14||$68||$838||$70|
|911 Carrera 4 Cabriolet 2-Dr Convertible||$178||$352||$192||$12||$58||$792||$66|
|911 Carrera 4S 2-Dr Coupe||$178||$384||$226||$14||$68||$870||$73|
|911 Carrera Targa 2-Dr Coupe||$178||$384||$226||$14||$68||$870||$73|
|911 Carrera 2 S 2-Dr Convertible||$178||$384||$192||$12||$58||$824||$69|
|911 Carrera 4S Cabriolet 2-Dr Convertible||$192||$352||$192||$12||$58||$806||$67|
|911 Carrera Targa S 2-Dr Coupe||$192||$384||$226||$14||$68||$884||$74|
|911 GT3 2-Dr Coupe||$192||$418||$226||$14||$68||$918||$77|
|911 GT3 RS 2-Dr Coupe||$220||$450||$226||$14||$68||$978||$82|
|911 Turbo 2-Dr Coupe||$220||$450||$226||$14||$68||$978||$82|
|911 Turbo 2-Dr Convertible||$220||$484||$192||$12||$58||$966||$81|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, and Ohio minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, homeowner, and safe-driver. Premium costs do not factor in vehicle garaging location which can increase or decrease insurance rates noticeably.
Based on this data, using a $100 deductible will cost in the ballpark of $43 more each month or $516 a year than buying the higher $1,000 deductible. Since you would pay $900 more to settle a claim with a $1,000 deductible as compared to a $100 deductible, if you tend to average at a minimum 21 months between claim filings, you would save money if you choose a higher deductible.
Calculation for determining deductible levels
|Average monthly premium for $100 deductibles:||$116|
|Average monthly premium for $1,000 deductibles (subtract):||– $73|
|Monthly savings from raising deductible:||$43|
|Difference between deductibles ($1,000 – $100):||$900|
|Divide difference by monthly savings:||$900 / $43|
|Number of months required between physical damage coverage claims in order to save money by choosing the higher deductible||21 months|
An important thing to remember is that raising deductibles to save money means you will have to pay more when you do file a claim. You need to make sure you have some available funds in the event you need to pay the higher deductible in order to repair your vehicle.
The diagram below shows how choosing a deductible and can affect Porsche 911 insurance prices for different age categories. The costs are based on a married female driver, comp and collision included, and no discounts are applied.
Protect more than your 911
Even though it can be expensive, car insurance is required for several reasons.
- The majority of states have minimum liability requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific limits of liability in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Ohio these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your 911 with a loan, it’s guaranteed your bank will require that you carry insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you let the policy lapse, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Porsche for a lot more money and require you to pay for it.
- Car insurance protects both your Porsche and your personal assets. Insurance will pay for medical bills for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, will also pay for a defense attorney if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of insuring your 911 are definitely more than the cost, especially for larger claims. Unknowingly, the average driver is overpaying more than $865 each year so shop around at least once a year to ensure rates are competitive.
Learn How to Lower Your Insurance Premiums
Smart consumers have a good feel for the factors that help determine the price you pay for auto insurance. When consumers understand what influences your rates, this allows you to make good choices that may reward you with lower premium levels. Lots of factors are used when you get your auto insurance bill. Some are obvious like an MVR report, although others are not quite as obvious such as your credit history or your vehicle rating.
- Credit history impacts premium rates – Credit history factor in determining what you pay. So if your credit rating can be improved, you could be paying less to insure your Porsche 911 by taking the time to improve your credit score. Drivers with excellent credit tend to be more responsible and file fewer claims than drivers who have worse credit.
- Policy lapses raise premiums – Driving without insurance can get you a ticket and you may have a hard time finding new coverage because you let your coverage lapse. In addition to paying higher premiums, failure to provide proof of insurance may earn you a revoked license or a big fine.
- Policy add-ons may not be needed – There are a ton of additional coverages that you can get tricked into buying if you aren’t careful. Insurance for coverage for rental cars, better glass coverage, and motor club memberships may be wasting your money. You may think they are a good idea when buying your policy, but if they’re wasting money eliminate them to save money.
Men pay more for car insurance – Statistics have proven that women are safer drivers than men. The data does not necessarily mean that women are BETTER drivers than men. They both have accidents in similar numbers, but the male of the species cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. Men also tend to receive more costly citations such as reckless driving.
The illustration below illustrates the difference between Porsche 911 insurance costs for male and female drivers. The data assumes no violations or claims, full coverage, $1,000 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
- Married drivers get cheaper prices – Your spouse can get you a discount compared to being single. Having a significant other demonstrates that you tend to be more mature and responsible and insurance companies reward insureds because married drivers get in fewer accidents.
- Insurance companies don’t like frequent insurance claims – Auto insurance companies in Ohio provide most affordable rates to insureds who do not file claims often. If you file a lot of claims you can look forward to increased rates or even have your policy non-renewed. Your car insurance is intended for claims that you cannot pay yourself.
- How much liability – Liability insurance will protect you when a jury decides you are liable for causing personal injury or damage in an accident. It provides you with a defense in court which can cost thousands of dollars. This coverage is relatively inexpensive compared to comp and collision, so insureds should have plenty of protection for their assets.
Traffic violations drive up rates – Whether or not you get tickets has a big impact on rates. Having a single moving violation may cause rates to rise forty percent or more. Drivers who don’t get tickets get better rates compared to drivers with tickets. Drivers who have gotten dangerous citations such as DUI or reckless driving might be required by their state to prove financial responsibility with their state’s department of motor vehicles in order to continue driving.
The example below demonstrates how speeding tickets and at-fault fender-benders drive up Porsche 911 insurance rates for each age group. The data assumes a married female driver, comp and collision included, $250 deductibles, and no discounts are applied.
Porsche 911 insurance claim data – Companies analyze the history of losses to help calculate premium prices. Models that tend to have a higher amount or frequency of claims will cost more for specific coverages. The table below outlines the actual insurance loss data for Porsche 911 vehicles.
For each policy coverage, the claim probability for all vehicles compiled together is represented as 100. Values that are 100 or less represent a good loss history, while values over 100 point to more losses or statistically larger losses.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Porsche 911 Vehicles Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Porsche 911 Carrera 2dr 191 47 173 24 Porsche 911 Carrera Convertible 197 51 224 36 Porsche 911 Turbo 2dr 4WD 349 367BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Determine discounts on Cincinnati auto insurance
Auto insurance is neither fun to buy or cheap, but you may find discounts that many people don’t even know exist. Most are applied when you purchase, but some may not be applied and must be inquired about prior to getting the savings. If you’re not getting every credit possible, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Telematics Discount – Policyholders that allow their auto insurance company to monitor their driving habits by using a telematic data system such as Progressive’s Snapshot and State Farm’s In-Drive could see a rate decrease if their driving habits are good.
- Cautious Driver Discounts – Accident-free drivers can save up to 40% or more on their Cincinnati car insurance quote as compared to drivers with claims.
- ABS Braking Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs with ABS and/or traction control are safer to drive and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- Federal Employees – Federal government employees may reduce rates when you quote Cincinnati car insurance with select insurance companies.
- Multiple Vehicles – Having multiple vehicles on one policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Waiver for an Accident – This one is not really a discount per se, but some companies like GEICO, State Farm, and Progressive permit an accident before raising your premiums so long as you are claim-free for a specific time period.
- Defensive Driver Discounts – Taking a driver safety course could cut 5% off your bill and make you a better driver.
As a footnote on discounts, some of the credits will not apply to the entire policy premium. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. If you do the math and it seems like you could get a free auto insurance policy, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
The illustration below illustrates the comparison of Porsche 911 annual premium costs with and without discounts being applied to the rates. The costs are based on a male driver, no violations or claims, Ohio state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, marriage, claim-free, safe-driver, homeowner, and multi-policy discounts applied.
Companies that may include most of these discounts include:
If you need lower rates, check with every company how many discounts you can get. Some discounts listed above may not apply to policyholders in your state. If you would like to see a list of auto insurance companies who offer auto insurance discounts in Ohio, follow this link.
It’s not one size fits all
Always keep in mind that when comparing the best car insurance coverage, there is no one size fits all plan. Your needs are unique to you and your car insurance should unique, too.
For example, these questions can help discover if you would benefit from professional advice.
- Do I need replacement cost coverage?
- Who sells insurance for high-risk drivers?
- Can I afford to pay high deductible claims out of pocket?
- Am I covered if I have no license?
- Should I rate my Porsche 911 as pleasure use or commute?
- Is a fancy paint job covered?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but a few of them apply, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
Getting quotes from local Cincinnati auto insurance agents
Some consumers would prefer to buy from a local agent and that can be a smart move An additional benefit of getting online price quotes is the fact that drivers can get cheap rate quotes and still have a local agent.
To find an agent, once you fill out this quick form, your insurance coverage information gets sent to local insurance agents in Cincinnati that can provide free Cincinnati car insurance quotes to get your business. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to contact an agency because quoted prices will be sent directly to you. You can find lower rates AND an agent nearby. If for some reason you want to get a rate quote from a particular provider, just go to their quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Choosing the best company requires more thought than just a cheap price quote. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
- What insurance company do they write the most business with?
- How are claims handled?
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
- Do the coverages you’re quoting properly cover your vehicle?
Compare rates from both independent and exclusive auto insurance agents
If you need to find a local agent, you need to know there are two different types of agencies from which to choose. Agents in Cincinnati can either be independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agents
Exclusive agents can only provide one company’s prices like AAA, Allstate, and State Farm. They generally cannot provide other company’s prices so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive insurance agents are very knowledgeable on sales techniques and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. A lot of people use the same exclusive agent mostly because of the brand legacy and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
The following is a short list of exclusive agents in Cincinnati willing to provide price quotes.
- Harold Jones – State Farm Insurance Agent
9816 Springfield Pike – Cincinnati, OH 45215 – (513) 771-6226 – View Map
- Brad Robbins – State Farm Insurance Agent
3111 Mozart Ave – Cincinnati, OH 45211 – (513) 662-2200 – View Map
- Ken Kunkel – State Farm Insurance Agent
6708 Cheviot Rd – Cincinnati, OH 45247 – (513) 385-6667 – View Map
Independent Auto Insurance Agents
These agents often have affiliation with several companies and that gives them the ability to insure through many companies and find you the best rates. If premiums increase, the business is moved internally and that require little work on your part. When comparing rates, you will definitely want to compare prices from at a minimum one independent agency for the best price selection. Many write coverage with smaller mutual companies which may provide better rates.
Below are independent insurance agencies in Cincinnati that are able to give price quote information.
- Zinser Insurance Agency LLC
5310 Glenway Ave # 1 – Cincinnati, OH 45238 – (513) 451-8898 – View Map
- Iori Insurance Agency
3310 Westbourne Dr – Cincinnati, OH 45248 – (513) 661-2445 – View Map
- CMS Insurance Inc
2756 Erie Ave – Cincinnati, OH 45208 – (513) 321-2000 – View Map
More effort can pay off
When getting Cincinnati car insurance quotes online, it’s not a good idea to buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There are too many instances where an insured dropped liability coverage limits and found out when filing a claim that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. The goal is to buy the best coverage you can find at the best price, but do not skimp to save money.
There are still a few companies who may not have rates over the internet and these small, regional companies only sell coverage through independent agencies. More affordable car insurance in Cincinnati is attainable online and from local insurance agents, so you should compare both to have the best selection.
Additional car insurance information is located on the following sites:
- How to Avoid Buying a Flooded Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers Under 21 in Cincinnati? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for 19 Year Olds in Cincinnati? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Cincinnati Car Insurance Rates for a Chevrolet Silverado? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Hyundai Sonata in Cincinnati? (FAQ)
- Understanding Limits and Deductibles (Allstate)
- Dangers of fake or stolen airbags (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Learn About Car Insurance (GEICO)
- Rollover Crash FAQ (iihs.org)