Unthinkable but true, almost 70% of insureds kept buying from the same company for at least four years, and 38% of drivers have never compared quotes from other companies. Ohio drivers can save as much as 55% each year by just shopping around, but they don’t want to take the time to compare other rate quotes.
If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to get discount car insurance rates is to regularly compare prices from providers who provide auto insurance in Cincinnati.
Step 1: Take a few minutes and learn about policy coverages and the factors you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating criteria that are responsible for high rates such as speeding tickets, careless driving and a less-than-favorable credit history can be eliminated by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
Step 2: Compare price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only quote rates from a single company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agents can provide price quotes from multiple companies.
Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your existing policy to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find a lower rate quote, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
An important bit of advice to remember is to compare identical deductibles and limits on every price quote and and to analyze as many carriers as you can. Doing this enables a fair price comparison and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
How much does Pontiac GTO insurance in Cincinnati, OH cost?
Finding low cost Cincinnati auto insurance rates doesn’t have to be difficult. Drivers just need to invest a little time comparing rate quotes from online providers.
It’s so simple to compare auto insurance rates online replaces the need to actually drive to insurance agents’ offices. The ability to get quotes online eliminates the middleman unless you prefer the trained advice that you can only get from talking to an agent. You can, however, get prices online but still have the advice of a local agent.
The providers in the list below are ready to provide quotes in Ohio. If you want to find cheap car insurance in Ohio, it’s highly recommended you click on several of them in order to find the lowest rates.
Why you need insurance
Despite the potentially high cost of Pontiac GTO insurance, maintaining insurance is a good idea for several reasons.
First, almost all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a specific level of liability protection if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Ohio these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you bought your Pontiac GTO with a loan, it’s most likely the lender will make it mandatory that you carry insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank will be required to insure your Pontiac at a more expensive rate and force you to pay the higher price.
Third, insurance preserves your vehicle and your assets. It also can pay for most medical and hospital costs for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, will also pay attorney fees if you are sued as the result of your driving. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of insuring your GTO definitely exceed the cost, especially with large liability claims. But the average American driver is wasting up to $800 each year so compare rate quotes at least once a year to save money.
Cheap Cincinnati auto insurance quotes with discounts
Auto insurance can be pricey, but you might find some hidden discounts that you may not know about. Some discounts will apply at quote time, but some may not be applied and must be asked for before they will apply.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – If you pay your bill all at once rather than spreading payments over time you can actually save on your bill.
- Buy New and Save – Insuring a vehicle that is new can cost up to 25% less due to better safety requirements for newer vehicles.
- Accident-Free Discounts – Good drivers with no accidents get the best auto insurance rates when compared with bad drivers.
- Senior Citizen Discount – If you’re over the age of 55, you may receive a small decrease in premiums.
- Federal Government Employee – Employees or retirees of the government could qualify for a slight premium decrease but check with your company.
Discounts save money, but please remember that some credits don’t apply to your bottom line cost. Some only reduce individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. Even though it appears all the discounts add up to a free policy, it’s just not the way it works.
Large auto insurance companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are included below.
- GEICO offers discounts including multi-vehicle, emergency military deployment, defensive driver, seat belt use, multi-policy, and anti-theft.
- Travelers may include discounts for multi-policy, multi-car, payment discounts, new car, and hybrid/electric vehicle.
- Nationwide includes discounts for accident-free, business or organization, easy pay, anti-theft, family plan, and Farm Bureau membership.
- Farmers Insurance policyholders can earn discounts including alternative fuel, homeowner, early shopping, youthful driver, bundle discounts, and pay in full.
- Esurance discounts include good student, renters, online shopper, claim free, Switch & Save, and defensive driver.
- State Farm may have discounts that include anti-theft, accident-free, defensive driving training, safe vehicle, and good student.
- Progressive has savings for multi-vehicle, online quote discount, online signing, good student, continuous coverage, homeowner, and multi-policy.
- Mercury Insurance may offer discounts for professional/association, good student, location of vehicle, type of vehicle, accident-free, and multi-car.
Check with every company which discounts can lower your rates. Some of the discounts discussed earlier might not apply in Cincinnati. To find companies with the best Pontiac GTO insurance discounts in Cincinnati, click this link.
Local neighborhood Cincinnati car insurance agents
Certain consumers just prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and that is a personal choice. Agents can help determine the best coverages and help in the event of a claim. A nice benefit of getting free rate quotes online is that you can obtain cheaper rates and still choose a local agent. And providing support for local insurance agencies is definitely important in Cincinnati.
For easy comparison, once you complete this short form, the coverage information is immediately sent to participating agents in Cincinnati who want to provide quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. There is no reason to search for any insurance agencies as quotes are delivered directly to you. In the event you want to get a comparison quote for a specific company, just search and find their rate quote page and fill out their quote form.
Two types of Cincinnati auto insurance agents
When searching for a local Cincinnati insurance agent, you must know there are a couple types of insurance agents and how they operate. Auto insurance agents in Cincinnati are either exclusive agents or independent agents. Both types can sell and service auto insurance coverage, but it’s worth learning the subtle differences since it can impact your selection of an agent.
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies or Brokers
Independent agents are not employed by one company and that allows them to write policies with a variety of different insurance companies and find you cheaper rates. If your premiums go up, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you can keep the same agent. If you need cheaper auto insurance rates, we recommend you include at least one independent agent to get the most accurate price comparison.
The following is a list of independent agencies in Cincinnati that can give you cheap rate quotes.
Huesman Schmid Insurance Agency, Inc
5670 Cheviot Rd – Cincinnati, OH 45247 – (513) 521-8590 – View Map
Brodbeck Porter Agency
7249 Beechmont Ave – Cincinnati, OH 45230 – (513) 624-0900 – View Map
Kent Insurance Inc
7520 Montgomery Rd # 2 – Cincinnati, OH 45236 – (513) 791-6060 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be exclusive can only place business with one company and examples are Farmers Insurance or State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot provide other company’s prices so keep that in mind. Exclusive agents are well trained on their company’s products which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates.
The following are Cincinnati exclusive agencies who can help you get price quote information.
State Farm: Randy Wagner
1167 8 Mile Rd – Cincinnati, OH 45255 – (513) 474-4100 – View Map
Ken Kunkel – State Farm Insurance Agent
6708 Cheviot Rd – Cincinnati, OH 45247 – (513) 385-6667 – View Map
Jackie Meadows – State Farm Insurance Agent
2036 8 Mile Rd – Cincinnati, OH 45244 – (513) 474-4940 – View Map
Finding the right insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just the premium amount. Below are some questions you should ask.
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
- What is their Better Business Bureau rating?
- Do they have designations such as AIC, CPCU, or CIC?
- What company do they have the most business with?
- Do they make recommendations based only on price?
- If you have an accident, are you able to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice?
- Can glass claims be handled at your home?
One last note
When shopping online for car insurance, it’s very important that you do not skimp on coverage in order to save money. There are too many instances where someone dropped uninsured motorist or liability limits only to discover later that it was a big error on their part. Your objective should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at a price you can afford.
In this article, we presented a lot of ways to compare Pontiac GTO insurance rates in Cincinnati. The key thing to remember is the more rate quotes you have, the better chance you’ll have of finding low cost Cincinnati car insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the best rates are with a lesser-known regional company. Regional companies can often provide lower auto insurance rates in certain areas than their larger competitors like GEICO and State Farm.
- When is the Right Time to Switch Car Insurance Companies? (Allstate)
- How Much is Car Insurance for a Jeep Grand Cherokee in Cincinnati? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for Drivers Over Age 70 in Cincinnati? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Cincinnati Auto Insurance for a 20 Year Old Male? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Good Students in Cincinnati? (FAQ)
- Smart Auto Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)
- Anti-Lock Brake FAQ (iihs.org)
- Distracted Driving (Insurance Information Institute)