Statistics show that the vast majority of consumers have been with the same company for more than four years, and 38% of drivers have never quoted auto insurance rates at all. With the average auto insurance premium being $1,343, Ohio drivers could save themselves roughly 55% a year by just comparing quotes, but they don’t want to take the time to shop around.
The best way to find the cheapest price for auto insurance rates is to start comparing prices regularly from providers who provide car insurance in Cincinnati. You can shop around by following these steps.
- Try to learn about what is in your policy and the steps you can take to keep rates in check. Many risk factors that are responsible for high rates such as speeding and a substandard credit history can be eliminated by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
- Compare rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give prices from one company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agencies can provide prices for a wide range of companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to the price on your current policy to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find a better price, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Tell your current agent or company of your decision to cancel the current policy. Submit payment and a signed application for your new policy. Once the application is submitted, store the proof of insurance certificate along with your vehicle registration.
The critical component of shopping around is that you’ll want to make sure you compare identical limits and deductibles on each quote and and to compare as many companies as possible. This ensures a level playing field and and a good selection of different prices.
Companies offering Mitsubishi Raider insurance in Cincinnati
The following companies can provide free quotes in Ohio. To get the best cheap car insurance in Cincinnati, we recommend you compare several of them to get the cheapest price.
Get cheaper Mitsubishi Raider insurance rates in Cincinnati
Companies that sell car insurance don’t always publicize all possible discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so the next list breaks down both well-publicized and also the more inconspicuous ways to save on insurance. If you are not receiving all the discounts possible, you could be getting lower rates.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Maintaining low annual mileage may enable drivers to earn cheaper rates.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Cars that have air bags or motorized seat belts can receive discounts of up to 25% or more.
- Multi-policy Discount – When you combine your auto and homeowners insurance with one insurance company you will save at least 10% off all policies.
- Organization Discounts – Having an affiliation with qualifying employment or professional organizations could qualify you for a break on your bill.
- Drive Safe and Save – Insureds who avoid accidents may receive a discount up to 45% than drivers with accident claims.
- Defensive Driver Discounts – Passing a class that teaches driver safety techniques can save you 5% or more and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- Good Student Discount – Maintaining excellent grades can earn a discount of 20% or more. You can use this discount normally well after school through age 25.
- Paper-free Discount – A handful of companies will give a small break for buying your policy on their website.
- Discount for Home Ownership – Being a homeowner can save you money since home ownership requires personal responsibility.
As a footnote on discounts, most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire policy premium. Most cut specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. If you do the math and it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business. Any amount of discount will definitely reduce your policy cost.
A few popular companies and some of their more popular discounts are outlined below.
- State Farm includes discounts for good driver, accident-free, defensive driving training, student away at school, good student, and safe vehicle.
- American Family offers discounts for bundled insurance, multi-vehicle, air bags, defensive driver, good driver, TimeAway discount, and mySafetyValet.
- GEICO may include discounts for five-year accident-free, emergency military deployment, good student, defensive driver, and anti-lock brakes.
- 21st Century has savings for homeowners, driver training, air bags, automatic seat belts, good student, teen driver, and defensive driver.
- Progressive offers discounts including homeowner, multi-vehicle, good student, continuous coverage, and online signing.
If you need lower rates, check with all companies you are considering which credits you are entitled to. Some discounts listed above might not apply in Cincinnati. If you would like to view insurers that offer some of these discounts in Ohio, click here.
Why Your Insurance Costs might be higher
It’s important that you understand a few of the rating criteria that come into play when calculating your policy premiums. If you have some idea of what determines base rates, this allows you to make good choices that can earn you cheaper rates. Lots of factors are used when pricing auto insurance. Most are fairly basic like your driving record, although others are less obvious like your vehicle usage or your vehicle rating.
- Your location is important – Living in small towns and rural areas is a good thing when buying car insurance. Less people translates into fewer accidents as well as less vandalism and auto theft. Urban drivers have to deal with much more traffic and more severe claims. The longer drive time statistically corresponds to a higher accident and claim rate.
- Cheaper rates with high comp and collision deductibles – Your deductibles are how much you are required to spend out-of-pocket before your car insurance pays a claim. Protection for physical damage, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, protects your car from damage. Examples of some claims that would be covered would be collision with another vehicle, hail damage, and damage from wind. The more of the claim the insured is willing to pay, the lower your rates will be.
- Rates can drop if you have more than one policy – Most major car insurance companies afford lower prices to policyholders who buy several policies from them in the form of a multi-policy discount. Even if you’re getting this discount consumers should still get quotes from other companies to help guarantee you have the best rates.There is a good possibility that you can find better rates even if you insure with multiple companies
- Fewer miles means better prices – Driving more miles every year the more you’ll pay to insure your vehicle. Most insurance companies apply a rate based upon how you use the vehicle. Cars that are left in the garage receive better premium rates than vehicles that have high annual mileage. Ask your agent if your declarations sheet is showing the correct usage for each vehicle, because improper ratings can cost you money. An incorrectly rated Raider is throwing money out the window.
- Be proud to be claim-free – Insurance companies in Ohio generally give cheaper rates to insureds that do not abuse their auto insurance. If you are the type of insured that files lots of claims you can look forward to either higher rates or even cancellation. Auto insurance is designed for larger claims.
- Bad credit hurts insurance costs – Having a good credit rating is likely to be a major factor in calculating your premium rate. If your credit is low, you could be paying less to insure your Mitsubishi Raider by repairing your credit. People with very high credit ratings tend to be better risks to insure than drivers with worse credit.
Local neighborhood Cincinnati car insurance agents
Some people still prefer to buy from a local agent. One of the benefits of getting free rate quotes online is that you can find cheap rate quotes but also keep your business local. Buying from and supporting local insurance agents is definitely important in Cincinnati.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this form (opens in new window), your information is transmitted to companies in Cincinnati who will give competitive quotes for your insurance coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to find an agent since rate quotes are delivered to your email. You can get cheaper insurance rates and a licensed agent to talk to. In the event you want to get a rate quote from a specific insurance company, you just need to go to their quote page and give them your coverage information.
When looking for a reputable agency, you should know the types of insurance agents and how they are distinctly different. Agencies in Cincinnati are considered either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Independent agents are not required to write business for one company and that is an advantage because they can write policies with any number of different companies and find the cheapest rate. If premiums increase, they can switch companies in-house and you don’t have to switch agencies.
When comparing rate quotes, you should always include several independent agencies to get the best comparison. Many can place coverage with smaller companies that may provide cheaper insurance rates.
Listed below are independent agents in Cincinnati who may provide price quotes.
- Young Robert
2035 Reading Rd – Cincinnati, OH 45202 – (513) 221-1140 – View Map
- Dabbelt Insurance LLC
5932 Glenway Ave – Cincinnati, OH 45238 – (513) 451-8050 – View Map
- Christenson Lewis Insurance Agency
4484 Mt Carmel Tobasco Rd – Cincinnati, OH 45244 – (513) 528-4222 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents in the exclusive channel are contracted to one company and examples are Farmers Insurance, State Farm, Allstate, and AAA. These agents are not able to compare rates from other companies so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive insurance agents are very knowledgeable on the products they sell which can be an advantage. Consumers sometimes buy from the same agent for years primarily because of the brand and solid financial strength.
Listed below are exclusive agencies in Cincinnati that can give you rate quotes.
- Chuck Detmering – State Farm Insurance Agent
2638 Kipling Ave – Cincinnati, OH 45239 – (513) 741-4500 – View Map
- Rick Wertz – State Farm Insurance Agent
7736 Beechmont Ave – Cincinnati, OH 45255 – (513) 231-0100 – View Map
- Harold Jones – State Farm Insurance Agent
9816 Springfield Pike – Cincinnati, OH 45215 – (513) 771-6226 – View Map
Choosing a car insurance agent should include more criteria than just a cheap quote. Here are some questions to ask:
- Do they have a Better Business Bureau rating in Cincinnati?
- Do clients work directly with the agent or are most inquiries handled by a CSR?
- If your car is totaled, how to they determine the replacement cost?
- What company do they have the most business with?
- Is the quote a firm price?
- If you have an accident, are you able to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice?
- Do they get paid more for recommending certain coverages?
Upon getting good feedback to your questions and locked in a price quote, you’ve probably found an auto insurance agent that is a good match to properly service your insurance policy.
How to find a good Ohio auto insurance company
Ending up with the top insurance company can be rather challenging considering how many choices there are in Ohio. The ranking information listed below can help you choose which auto insurers to look at purchasing from.
Top 10 Cincinnati Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- Liberty Mutual
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- The General
Car insurance savings summarized
Budget-friendly car insurance in Cincinnati is definitely available both online and from local insurance agents, so get free Cincinnati car insurance quotes from both of them to have the best rate selection. Some insurance providers may not provide rate quotes online and usually these small insurance companies only sell through independent agencies.
We’ve covered a lot of information how to save on Mitsubishi Raider insurance in Cincinnati. The key concept to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the higher your chance of finding affordable Cincinnati car insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest priced car insurance comes from the least-expected company.
People who switch companies do it for a number of reasons such as high rates after DUI convictions, policy cancellation, extreme rates for teen drivers and delays in responding to claim requests. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch switching companies is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
Additional detailed information can be read in the articles below:
- Side airbags reduce rollover fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- How Much is Cincinnati Auto Insurance for Veterans? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Cincinnati Auto Insurance Rates for Active Military? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for Uber Drivers in Cincinnati? (FAQ)
- Teen Driving Statistics (iihs.org)
- Booster Seat Ratings (iihs.org)
- What is Covered by an Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Rental Car Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)