If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to get the cheapest Mercury Sable insurance in Cincinnati is to start comparing rates regularly from different companies that sell auto insurance in Ohio.
- Step 1: Try to learn a little about how companies price auto insurance and the changes you can make to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating criteria that increase rates such as getting speeding tickets and a bad credit score can be remedied by paying attention to minor details.
- Step 2: Compare rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can only quote rates from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agencies can give you price quotes from multiple sources.
- Step 3: Compare the quotes to your current policy premium to see if a cheaper rate is available. If you find a lower rate and decide to switch, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
A tip to remember is that you’ll want to make sure you compare identical coverage information on every quote request and and to get prices from as many companies as possible. Doing this ensures a fair price comparison and the best price selection.
Regrettably, most car insurance buyers in Ohio kept their coverage with the same car insurance company for four years or more, and approximately 38% of consumers have never compared rates from other carriers. Many consumers in the U.S. could cut their rates by up to 47% a year by just comparing rate quotes, but they just don’t want to shop around.
The car insurance companies shown below can provide quotes in Ohio. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you click on several of them in order to find the lowest rates.
Why you need quality insurance for your Mercury vehicle
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Mercury in Cincinnati, insuring your vehicle may be required and benefits you in several ways.
First, almost all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires a minimum amount of liability insurance if you want to drive legally. In Ohio these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you have a lien on your Sable, almost all lenders will make it a condition of the loan that you carry insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Mercury for a much higher rate and require you to pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
Third, auto insurance protects both your Mercury and your assets. It also can pay for many types of medical costs for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability coverage will also pay to defend you if you cause an accident and are sued. If your Mercury gets damaged, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of insuring your Sable more than cancel out the cost, especially if you ever need it. But the average driver in Ohio is overpaying more than $810 a year so you should quote and compare rates once a year at a minimum to save money.
What Affects Mercury Sable Insurance Premiums?
Many factors are used in the calculation when you quote your car insurance policy. Some factors are common sense like an MVR report, but other factors are less obvious such as your credit history or your financial responsibility.
- Higher rates for specific occupations – Careers such as real estate brokers, police officers, and emergency personnel are shown to have higher premium rates in part from intense work-related stress and incredibly demanding work hours. Conversely, occupations such as actors, athletes and homemakers get better rates.
- The type of car you drive affects your rates – The performance of the car or truck you drive makes a significant difference in your premium level. Low performance passenger cars receive the most favorable rates, but many other things help determine your insurance rates.
- Deter theft and lower prices – Purchasing a vehicle that has an advanced theft prevention system can help lower your rates. Anti-theft devices like tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar can help prevent auto theft and help lower rates.
- Vehicles with better crash test results means cheaper insurance – Vehicles with good safety scores tend to be cheaper to insure. Safer cars have better occupant injury protection and fewer serious injuries means your insurance company pays less and thus lower rates.
- Gender is a factor – Over the last 30 years, statistics show females are less aggressive when driving. It does not mean women are BETTER drivers than men. Men and women are in at-fault accidents in similar numbers, but guys tend to have higher claims. Men also receive more major tickets like driving under the influence (DUI). Youthful male drivers cause the most accidents so they pay the highest premiums.
- Allowing your car insurance policy to lapse raises premiums – Driving your car without having proper coverage can get your license suspended and any future policy may cost more because you let your coverage lapse. Not only will you pay higher rates, being ticketed for driving with no insurance may result in a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license. You may then be required to provide proof of insurance in the form of an SR-22 filing with the Ohio DMV.
Cheap Cincinnati insurance quotes with discounts
Insurance is not inexpensive, but you might find some hidden discounts that can help lower your rates. A few discounts will automatically apply at the time you complete a quote, but some may not be applied and must be asked for before you get the savings.
- Student Discounts – Being a good student could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. You can use this discount normally up until you turn 25.
- Savings for New Vehicles – Insuring a new Sable is cheaper since new model year vehicles are generally safer.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Not all insurance companies offer life insurance, but some may give you a break if you buy some life insurance too.
- Paper-free Discount – Certain companies may give you up to $50 for buying your policy on your computer.
- Active Military Service – Having an actively deployed family member can result in better rates.
- Discount for Passive Restraints – Options like air bags or automatic seat belts could see savings of up to 25% or more.
- Student in College – Children who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Cincinnati and do not take a car to college may be able to be covered for less.
- Claim-Free Discount – Cincinnati drivers who stay claim-free have much lower rates when compared to frequent claim filers.
- Federal Government Employee – Active or retired federal employment could provide a small rate reduction with some insurance companies.
Don’t be shocked that some credits don’t apply to the entire policy premium. Some only reduce specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. If you do the math and it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, you’re out of luck.
Large insurance companies and their offered discounts are:
- Farm Bureau includes discounts for multi-policy, 55 and retired, good student, multi-vehicle, and renewal discount.
- MetLife may offer discounts for accident-free, good student, defensive driver, good driver, and multi-policy.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including homeowner, online signing, good student, multi-policy, and continuous coverage.
- AAA may include discounts for anti-theft, multi-policy, multi-car, good driver, AAA membership discount, good student, and pay-in-full.
- American Family discounts include defensive driver, air bags, bundled insurance, early bird, and TimeAway discount.
- GEICO has discounts for multi-vehicle, military active duty, five-year accident-free, federal employee, driver training, and daytime running lights.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for driver’s education, Steer Clear safe driver discount, passive restraint, anti-theft, and good student.
When quoting, ask all companies you are considering what discounts are available to you. Savings might not be available to policyholders in your area. To locate insurers offering insurance discounts in Cincinnati, click here to view.
Do I need special coverages?
When it comes to buying coverage online or from an agent, there really is not a “perfect” insurance plan. Every insured’s situation is different.
For example, these questions may help highlight if your insurance needs would benefit from professional advice.
- Exactly who is provided coverage by my policy?
- What is the rate difference between pleasure use and commuting?
- Is pet coverage available?
- Does rental coverage apply when I am renting a car?
- Should I pay a claim out-of-pocket?
- How much liability do I need to cover my assets?
- Why do I have to buy liability insurance?
If you can’t answer these questions but a few of them apply, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form. It is quick, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Local neighborhood agents and auto insurance
A lot of people would rather get advice from a local agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases Licensed agents are trained risk managers and help file insurance claims. A nice benefit of comparing insurance prices online is you may find cheap rate quotes but still work with a licensed agent.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this short form, your insurance coverage information is immediately sent to agents in your area who will give you bids to get your business. It’s much easier because you don’t need to search for any insurance agencies since price quotes are sent immediately to your email address. If for some reason you want to get a price quote from one company in particular, feel free to search and find their rate quote page to submit a rate quote request.
Finding a good insurance company should depend on more than just a low price. Here are some questions to ask:
- If independent agents, which companies do they recommend?
- Can you contact them at any time?
- How often do they review coverages?
- Do they have adequate Errors and Omissions coverage? This protects you if they make a mistake.
- Has the agent ever had any license suspensions?
- How long have they been in business?
- Are all drivers listed on the coverage quote?
Below is a list of insurers in Cincinnati willing to provide price quotes for Mercury Sable insurance in Cincinnati.
Cincinnati auto insurance companies
Choosing a high-quality insurer can be challenging considering how many companies are available to choose from in Ohio. The ranking information in the lists below could help you select which companies to look at purchasing coverage from.
Top 10 Cincinnati Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- Liberty Mutual
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- The General
Top 10 Cincinnati Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- USAA – 92%
- Erie Insurance – 88%
- American Family – 88%
- State Farm – 88%
- Nationwide – 88%
- 21st Century – 88%
- AAA Insurance – 87%
- Liberty Mutual – 87%
- Farmers Insurance – 87%
- The Hartford – 87%
Cheaper coverage is out there
When buying insurance coverage, make sure you don’t skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There have been many cases where consumers will sacrifice physical damage coverage only to regret at claim time that it was a big error on their part. The goal is to buy the best coverage you can find at the lowest possible cost, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
More affordable insurance in Cincinnati can be purchased on the web and from local insurance agents, so get free Cincinnati car insurance quotes from both of them to have the best rate selection. There are still a few companies who do not provide price quotes online and usually these smaller companies work with independent insurance agencies.
In this article, we covered a lot of tips how to find cheaper Mercury Sable insurance in Cincinnati. It’s most important to understand that the more price quotes you have, the higher your chance of finding the cheapest Mercury Sable rate quotes. You may even discover the biggest savings come from a smaller regional carrier.
Much more information about insurance in Ohio can be read below:
- Hybrid vehicles cost insurers more (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Hyundai Sonata in Cincinnati? (FAQ)
- What Does No-Fault Insurance Cover? (Allstate)
- Tools for Teen Driving Safety (State Farm)
- How to Avoid Buying a Flooded Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- What is Gap Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)