If you want to save money, the best way to save money on car insurance rates in Cincinnati is to do a yearly price comparison from different companies in Ohio.
- Step 1: Gain an understanding of the different coverages in a policy and the things you can control to keep rates low. Many rating factors that increase rates such as accidents, traffic violations, and an unacceptable credit history can be improved by being financially responsible and driving safely.
- Step 2: Compare rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only quote rates from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agents can provide rate quotes from multiple companies.
- Step 3: Compare the price quotes to the premium of your current policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you can save some money and buy the policy, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Step 4: Give notification to your current company to cancel your existing policy. Submit any necessary down payment along with the completed application to your new carrier. When you receive it, keep the new certificate verifying proof of insurance in your glove compartment.
One thing to point out is that you’ll want to compare similar deductibles and liability limits on each quote and and to get prices from as many car insurance companies as possible. Doing this helps ensure an apples-to-apples comparison and a thorough selection of prices.
It’s an obvious conclusion that insurance companies don’t want you comparing rates. Drivers who rate shop once a year will most likely buy a new policy because there is a significant possibility of finding lower prices. A recent survey discovered that people who shopped around saved $850 each year compared to other drivers who don’t regularly compare prices.
If finding budget-friendly rates on insurance is the reason you’re here, then having an understanding of how to shop and compare coverage rates can save money and time.
Companies offering affordable Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG prices in Cincinnati, OH
The following companies are our best choices to provide quotes in Cincinnati, OH. To get the cheapest car insurance in Cincinnati, we suggest you visit several of them to find the cheapest auto insurance rates.
Save with these money saving discounts
Insurance is not an enjoyable expense, but you might already qualify for some discounts that you may not even know about. Certain reductions will be credited when you quote, but a few need to be specifically requested before you will receive the discount.
- Passive Restraints – Vehicles equipped with air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may get savings of more than 20%.
- Claim-Free Discount – Claim-free drivers can earn big discounts in comparison with accident-prone drivers.
- Paperwork-free – Many companies will provide an incentive for completing your application online.
- Military Discounts – Having an actively deployed family member could mean lower rates.
- Memberships – Belonging to certain professional organizations is a simple method to lower premiums when shopping for insurance.
- Home Ownership Discount – Owning a house in Cincinnati can save a few bucks due to the fact that maintaining a home shows financial diligence.
- Use Seat Belts – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to buckle their seat belts can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) off the medical payments premium.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts – Cars and trucks that have anti-lock braking systems are much safer to drive and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- Telematics Data Discounts – Drivers who elect to allow their insurance company to scrutinize driving habits by using a telematics device in their vehicle such as Drivewise from Allstate or Snapshot from Progressive may see discounts as long as they are good drivers.
- Accident Waiver – Not necessarily a discount, but certain companies may permit one accident without getting socked with a rate hike if your claims history is clear for a certain period of time.
Keep in mind that some of the credits will not apply to the entire cost. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. If you do the math and it seems like you can get free auto insurance, that’s just not realistic.
The best insurance companies and some of the discounts are outlined below.
- GEICO offers discounts for seat belt use, emergency military deployment, driver training, anti-theft, and daytime running lights.
- USAA offers premium reductions for defensive driver, military installation, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, safe driver, new vehicle, and vehicle storage.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including continuous coverage, good student, multi-policy, homeowner, online quote discount, and online signing.
- American Family includes discounts for good driver, mySafetyValet, air bags, early bird, bundled insurance, defensive driver, and good student.
- Esurance may include discounts for renters, homeowner, multi-policy, anti-theft, safety device, anti-lock brakes, and good student.
- Farmers Insurance offers discounts including homeowner, teen driver, business and professional, early shopping, and switch companies.
- State Farm has discounts for good driver, defensive driving training, Steer Clear safe driver discount, passive restraint, student away at school, and accident-free.
If you need lower rates, check with all the companies how you can save money. Some discounts listed above might not be available to policyholders in your state. If you would like to view insurers who offer discounts in Ohio, click this link.
How do I know if I need professional advice?
Always remember that when buying the best car insurance coverage, there isn’t really a perfect coverage plan. Everyone’s situation is a little different.
For instance, these questions can help discover if your insurance needs might need professional guidance.
- Is my cargo covered for damage or theft?
- What is the ISO rating for a Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG?
- If my Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG is totaled, can I afford another vehicle?
- Will my insurance pay for OEM parts?
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
- Are all vehicle passengers covered by medical payments coverage?
- Does my Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG need full coverage?
- Does insurance cover damages from a DUI accident?
- Am I covered if I wreck a rental car?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but one or more may apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. If you don’t have a local agent, complete this form.
What if I want to buy from local Cincinnati auto insurance agents?
A lot of people would prefer to buy from a local agent and often times that is recommended The biggest benefit of comparing rates online is that you can obtain cheaper rates and also buy local.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this simple form, the quote information is instantly submitted to agents in your area that provide free Cincinnati auto insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. There is no reason to find an agent since rate quotes are delivered immediately to you. Get lower rates without requiring a lot of work. In the event you want to get a rate quote for a specific company, feel free to go to their quote page and complete a quote there.
Finding a good provider requires you to look at more than just a low price. Any agent in Cincinnati should have no problem answering these questions:
- Do you work with a CSR or direct with the agent?
- Do the companies they represent have a solid financial rating?
- Is assistance available after office hours?
- Do they have any clout with companies to ensure a fair claim settlement?
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
- Is every driver in your family covered?
Independent or Exclusive: It’s your choice
If you want to buy insurance from local Cincinnati agents, you must know there are a couple types of insurance agents that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Cincinnati agents may be either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be exclusive have only one company to place business with and examples are State Farm or Allstate. They generally cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive agents are highly trained in insurance sales and that enables them to sell even at higher rates.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Cincinnati that can give you price quote information.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents in the independent channel are not limited to a single company so they can quote policies with an assortment of companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If premiums increase, your policy is moved internally which is easy for the insured. When shopping rates, you should always get several quotes from at least one independent agent to get the best comparison.
Shown below is a list of independent insurance agencies in Cincinnati that can give you price quote information.
The best insurance company isn’t always the cheapest
Consumers change insurance companies for any number of reasons including being labeled a high risk driver, policy cancellation, delays in paying claims and denial of a claim. Whatever your reason, switching auto insurance companies is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
When searching for cheaper Cincinnati auto insurance quotes, don’t be tempted to reduce coverage to reduce premium. There are many occasions where someone dropped liability limits or collision coverage only to find out that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your goal should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at an affordable rate, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
Lower-priced auto insurance in Cincinnati can be bought online in addition to many Cincinnati insurance agents, so you should compare both to have the best selection. Some auto insurance companies may not provide online rate quotes and most of the time these small insurance companies work with local independent agencies.
- Anti-Lock Brake FAQ (iihs.org)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for Immigrants in Cincinnati? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Real Estate Agents in Cincinnati? (FAQ)
- Distracted Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- Uninsured Motorist Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Smart Auto Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)
- Older Drivers FAQ (iihs.org)