It takes a few minutes, but the best way to find more affordable Land Rover Discovery insurance in Cincinnati is to compare prices once a year from insurance carriers who sell auto insurance in Ohio. Rate comparisons can be done by following these steps.
First, take a little time to learn about how companies price auto insurance and the measures you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many risk factors that result in higher prices like at-fault accidents and poor credit history can be amended by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes. Keep reading for additional tips to help prevent high rates and find discounts that may have been missed.
Second, obtain price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give rate quotes from a single company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agencies can quote rates from multiple insurance companies.
Third, compare the new rate quotes to the premium of your current policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you can save money, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
Fourth, provide adequate notice to your current company of your intent to cancel your existing policy and submit payment and a completed application to the new company. As soon as you have the new policy, put the new certificate of insurance in your vehicle.
An essential thing to point out is to try to use the same coverage limits and deductibles on every price quote and and to analyze as many auto insurance providers as possible. This ensures a fair rate comparison and maximum price selection.
Regrettably, most insurance policyholders have bought insurance from the same company for over three years, and nearly 40% of drivers have never compared rates with other companies. Most drivers in Cincinnati can save almost $730 each year by just comparing quotes, but most tend to underestimate how much savings they would realize if they just switched companies.
Buying affordable car insurance coverage in Cincinnati is actually quite simple. If you are already insured or need a new policy, use these money-saving tips to reduce premiums without having to cut coverage. Smart buyers just have to learn the quickest way to get comparison rates from many different companies online.
Companies offering cheap Land Rover Discovery rate quotes in Cincinnati, OH
The following companies can provide comparison quotes in Ohio. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you click on several of them to find the most competitive car insurance rates.
Get cheaper Land Rover Discovery insurance in Cincinnati with discounts
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, but there’s a good chance there are discounts that can dramatically reduce your bill. Some discounts will apply at the time of quoting, but some must be specifically requested prior to receiving the credit.
- Bundled Policy Discount – If you can bundle your homeowners and auto insurance with the same insurance company you will save nearly 15% which can help you find low cost Land Rover Discovery insurance.
- Federal Government Employee – Simply working for the federal government may qualify for a discount when you quote Cincinnati car insurance but check with your company.
- Discounts for New Vehicles – Buying a new car instead of a used Discovery can save up to 30% because newer vehicles keep occupants safer.
- First Accident Forgiveness – This one is not really a discount per se, but companies like GEICO, Progressive, and Allstate will turn a blind eye to one accident before hitting you with a surcharge if you have no claims for a set time period.
- Drive Less and Save – Fewer annual miles on your Land Rover may enable drivers to earn lower premium rates due to less chance of an accident.
- Driver Education Discount – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to enroll and complete driver’s education as it can save substantially.
- Anti-theft Discount – Cars with anti-theft systems are stolen less frequently and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Active Military Service – Having a family member in the military can result in better rates.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Buying coverage for primary and secondary vehicles with one company qualifies for this discount.
We need to note that some of the credits will not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only reduce individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. So even though you would think adding up those discounts means a free policy, that’s just not realistic.
A few popular companies and a partial list of their discounts can be read below.
- GEICO discounts include daytime running lights, anti-lock brakes, multi-vehicle, defensive driver, and five-year accident-free.
- MetLife offers discounts for defensive driver, claim-free, multi-policy, good driver, good student, accident-free
- State Farm may include discounts for good student, Steer Clear safe driver discount, Drive Safe & Save, multiple autos, driver’s education, and student away at school.
- Progressive offers discounts including multi-policy, online quote discount, homeowner, online signing, good student, multi-vehicle, and continuous coverage.
- Mercury Insurance has savings for professional/association, good student, anti-theft, age of vehicle, annual mileage, type of vehicle, and low natural disaster claims.
- 21st Century includes discounts for early bird, theft prevention, defensive driver, teen driver, homeowners, and driver training.
- Allstate may offer discounts for defensive driver, anti-lock brakes, EZ pay plan discount, premier discount, premier plus, new car, and senior citizen.
Check with each company which credits you are entitled to. Savings might not be available to policyholders everywhere. If you would like to view auto insurance companies offering auto insurance discounts in Cincinnati, click here.
Don’t I need to have guidance from a local insurance agent?
Some consumers would rather go talk to an agent and there is nothing wrong with that. Licensed agents are trained risk managers and help you file claims. One of the benefits of comparing insurance prices online is that drivers can save money and get cheap rate quotes and still choose a local agent. Putting coverage with local agents is still important in Cincinnati.
For easy comparison, once you complete this simple form, the coverage information is immediately sent to local insurance agents in Cincinnati that can give you free Cincinnati car insurance quotes for your auto insurance coverage. You never need to leave your computer as quotes are delivered immediately to your email address. In the event you want to compare prices from a specific auto insurance provider, you can always find their quoting web page and fill out the quote form the provide.
If you prefer to buy auto insurance from a reliable insurance agent, it can be helpful to understand the types of insurance agents to choose from. Agencies in Cincinnati can be categorized as either exclusive agents or independent agents. Both can do a good job, but it is important to understand the difference in how they write coverage because it can impact your agent selection.
Agents that elect to be independent do not sell for just one brand so they can quote policies amongst many companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If you are not satisfied with one company, they can switch companies in-house and you won’t have to switch agencies. When shopping rates, it’s recommended you compare prices from independent agents for maximum quote selection.
Featured below is a list of independent insurance agencies in Cincinnati that can give you price quotes.
Agents of this type write business for a single company and some examples include Allstate, Farmers Insurance, State Farm, and AAA. Exclusive agents cannot place coverage with different providers so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive agents are trained well on their products and sales techniques which helps them sell on service rather than price.
Below is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Cincinnati willing to provide comparison quotes.
Beth Wilker – State Farm Insurance Agent
8406 Winton Rd – Cincinnati, OH 45231 – (513) 521-0884 – View Map
Deciding on an insurance agency needs to be determined by more than just the quoted price. Before buying a policy in Cincinnati, get answers to these questions.
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
- Where are claims handled?
- Do they specialize in personal lines auto insurance in Cincinnati?
- How long has their agency been open in Cincinnati?
- How are claims handled?
- How are they compensated?
- How many years of experience in personal auto insurance do they have?
Which auto insurance company is best in Ohio?
Buying coverage from the highest-rated insurance company can be rather challenging considering how many companies sell insurance in Cincinnati. The company ratings in the lists below could help you choose which coverage providers you want to consider when shopping around.
Top 10 Cincinnati Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- Liberty Mutual
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- The General
Top 10 Cincinnati Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- USAA – 92%
- Erie Insurance – 88%
- American Family – 88%
- State Farm – 88%
- Nationwide – 88%
- 21st Century – 88%
- AAA Insurance – 87%
- Liberty Mutual – 87%
- Farmers Insurance – 87%
- The Hartford – 87%
Car insurance coverages for a Land Rover Discovery
Understanding the coverages of insurance helps when choosing appropriate coverage and proper limits and deductibles. Policy terminology can be difficult to understand and coverage can change by endorsement. These are typical coverage types found on most insurance policies.
Collision coverage – This coverage pays for damage to your Discovery caused by collision with another car or object. You have to pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision insurance covers claims such as backing into a parked car, rolling your car, crashing into a building and crashing into a ditch. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are older. You can also choose a higher deductible on your Discovery to get cheaper collision coverage.
Comprehensive coverage – This covers damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You need to pay your deductible first and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things like a tree branch falling on your vehicle, rock chips in glass and fire damage. The maximum amount a insurance company will pay at claim time is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle’s value is low consider dropping full coverage.
Coverage for liability – This provides protection from damages or injuries you inflict on other people or property that is your fault. It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. Your policy might show limits of 25/50/25 which stand for a limit of $25,000 per injured person, a per accident bodily injury limit of $50,000, and a total limit of $25,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Alternatively, you may have one number which is a combined single limit that pays claims from the same limit with no separate limits for injury or property damage.
Liability coverage pays for claims such as medical services, loss of income, funeral expenses and attorney fees. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is your choice, but you should buy as much as you can afford. Ohio state law requires minimum liability limits of 25/50/25 but it’s recommended drivers buy better liability coverage.
The illustration below demonstrates why buying low liability limits may not provide adequate coverage.
Medical payments coverage and PIP – Med pay and PIP coverage kick in for bills such as EMT expenses, pain medications, funeral costs, nursing services and X-ray expenses. The coverages can be utilized in addition to your health insurance program or if you are not covered by health insurance. It covers all vehicle occupants and will also cover any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP is not an option in every state and may carry a deductible
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage – Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants when the “other guys” are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. Covered losses include hospital bills for your injuries as well as damage to your Land Rover Discovery.
Since a lot of drivers carry very low liability coverage limits (which is 25/50/25), it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family. Frequently these limits are set the same as your liability limits.
Cover all your bases
Some companies don’t offer rates over the internet and these small, regional companies provide coverage only through independent agents. The cheapest Land Rover Discovery insurance in Cincinnati can be found online and with local Cincinnati insurance agents, so you should compare both to get a complete price analysis.
You just learned some good ideas how you can reduce Land Rover Discovery insurance premium rates online in Cincinnati. The most important thing to understand is the more quotes you get, the better chance you’ll have of finding affordable Cincinnati car insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the lowest premium rates come from a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising. They may often insure only within specific states and give better rates than the large multi-state companies such as GEICO and State Farm.
Additional information can be found at the links below
- Rearview cameras reduce backing crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Felons in Cincinnati? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for a Company Car in Cincinnati? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for Seniors in Cincinnati? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Cincinnati Auto Insurance for a Toyota Corolla? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for a Honda Accord in Cincinnati? (FAQ)
- How to Avoid Staged Accidents (State Farm)
- Crash Avoidance Technologies FAQ (iihs.org)
- What are my Rights when Filing a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)
- What if I Can’t Find Coverage? (Insurance Information Institute)