Unthinkable but true, the vast majority of consumers have been with the same company for at least four years, and approximately 38% of consumers have never even compared rates from other companies. With the average auto insurance premium being $1,343, Cincinnati drivers could save approximately $729 a year by just comparing rate quotes, but they don’t know how much they could save if they changed companies.
The preferred way to find better pricing on Honda CR-Z insurance is to make a habit of regularly comparing prices from insurance carriers in Cincinnati. This can be done by following these guidelines.
- First, try to learn a little about the different coverages in a policy and the measures you can take to prevent rate increases. Many risk factors that drive up the price such as careless driving and a substandard credit history can be controlled by paying attention to minor details.
- Second, compare rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can provide rates from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can quote rates for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Third, compare the price quotes to the price on your current policy and see if you can save money. If you find a better price, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Fourth, provide proper notification to your current company of your intention to cancel your existing policy. Submit payment along with a signed and completed policy application to your new company or agent. Once the paperwork is finalized, put the new certificate verifying coverage in your vehicle.
A good tip to remember is that you use identical coverages on every quote request and and to get price quotes from all possible companies. Doing this enables the most accurate price comparison and many rates to choose from.
Our objective is to tell you how to compare rates easily and also save some money in the process If you have coverage now, you stand a good chance to be able to get lower rates using these methods. Comparison shoppers just have to understand the least time-consuming way to shop for car insurance from multiple carriers.
Lower the Price of Auto Insurance with These Tips
Consumers need to have an understanding of a few of the rating criteria that go into determining the level of your policy premiums. When consumers understand what controls the rates you pay, this helps enable you to make changes that can help you get better auto insurance rates. Many different elements are taken into consideration when you quote your car insurance policy. Some factors are common sense like an MVR report, but other criteria are more obscure like where you live or how financially stable you are.
- A car insurance policy lapse is a bad thing – Going without insurance is a fast way to increase your rates. Not only will rates go up, being ticketed for driving with no insurance can result in a fine, jail time, or a revoked license.
- Getting married is a bonus – Having a wife or husband can get you a discount compared to being single. Having a significant other generally demonstrates drivers are more mature than a single person it has been statistically shown that being married results in fewer claims.
- Inexpensive frequent auto insurance claims are not good – If you’re an insured who likes to file claims you should expect increased rates or even have your policy non-renewed. Car insurance companies in Ohio generally give discounts to insureds who file claims infrequently. Auto insurance is intended for claims that pose a financial burden.
- Keep the miles off and save – The higher the mileage driven each year the more it will cost to insure it. Most companies charge to insure your cars based upon how much you drive. Cars that do not get driven very much cost less to insure than cars that get driven a lot. It’s a smart idea to ensure your vehicle rating shows the proper vehicle usage, because it can save money. Having an incorrect usage rating on your CR-Z may be costing you.
- Your age impacts your costs – More experienced drivers are more responsible, statistically cause fewer accidents, and tend to be get fewer driving tickets. Young drivers are statistically proven to be more careless with other occupants in the car so auto insurance rates are higher.
Insurance loss data for Honda CR-Z vehicles – Insurers include the past claim history for a vehicle when they set coverage costs for each model. Vehicles that the statistics show to have higher claim frequency or loss amount will have higher rates for specific coverages. The information below illustrates the historical insurance loss data for Honda CR-Z vehicles.
For each insurance policy coverage type, the claim amount for all vehicles combined as an average is equal to 100. Percentage numbers below 100 suggest a better than average loss history, while percentage values above 100 indicate a higher chance of having a claim or statistically larger losses.
Honda CR-Z Insurance Claim Statistics Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Honda CR-Z Hybrid 106 87 83 98BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Car insurance policy discounts you can’t miss
Companies that sell car insurance don’t necessarily list every discount they offer very clearly, so the list below contains both well-publicized and the harder-to-find credits that may apply to you.
- Good Student Discount – A discount for being a good student can get you a discount of up to 25%. You can use this discount normally up to age 25.
- Full Payment Discount – If you can afford to pay the entire bill instead of making monthly payments you can actually save on your bill.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Vehicles that have anti-lock braking systems can avoid accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Use Seat Belts – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to use a seat belt can save a little off the medical payments premium.
- Club Memberships – Belonging to a civic or occupational organization in Cincinnati is a simple method to lower premiums on your next renewal.
- Early Signing – Select insurance companies give a discount for switching policies before your current coverage expires. This can save 10% or more.
- No Claims – Insureds who avoid accidents and claims pay much less when compared with accident-prone drivers.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Maintaining low annual mileage could earn discounted car insurance rates on garaged vehicles.
- Mature Driver Discount – Older drivers may be able to get lower premium rates.
- Driver Education Discount – It’s a good idea to have your young drivers take driver’s ed class in school.
Just know that some credits don’t apply to the entire cost. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. So when the math indicates you can get free auto insurance, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
To view companies with discount rates in Cincinnati, click here.
What is the best car insurance company in Cincinnati?
Finding the highest-rated insurance provider is difficult considering how many different insurance companies sell coverage in Cincinnati. The company rank data shown next can help you select which car insurance companies you want to consider when shopping around.
|Company||Value||Customer Service||Claims||Customer Satisfaction||A.M Best Rating||Overall Score|
|Compare Rates Now Go|
Data Source: Insure.com Best Car Insurance Companies
Do the work, save more money
Throughout this article, we presented some good ideas how you can lower your Honda CR-Z insurance prices in Cincinnati. The key concept to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the better likelihood of getting affordable Honda CR-Z insurance quotes. Consumers may even find the most savings is with some of the lesser-known companies.
Some insurance companies don’t offer price quotes online and many times these smaller providers provide coverage only through local independent agents. Lower-priced Honda CR-Z insurance in Cincinnati is possible from both online companies in addition to many Cincinnati insurance agents, and you should be comparing both to have the best rate selection.
Insureds switch companies for a variety of reasons including lack of trust in their agent, extreme rates for teen drivers, policy non-renewal or questionable increases in premium. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch finding the right insurance provider is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
Much more information about insurance in Ohio is available at these links:
- Distracted Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much are Cincinnati Auto Insurance Rates for a GMC Acadia? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Cincinnati Auto Insurance for State Employees? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for High Risk Drivers in Cincinnati? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Low Mileage Drivers in Cincinnati? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Cincinnati Auto Insurance for First-time Drivers? (FAQ)
- Young Drivers: The High Risk Years Video (iihs.org)
- Red Light Cameras (State Farm)
- Vehicle Insurance (Wikipedia)
- Anti-Lock Brake FAQ (iihs.org)