How many years has it been since you compared cheaper Ford F-150 insurance in Cincinnati? If online car insurance comparisons are new to you, it’s easy to be confused by the crazy number insurance agents and companies who claim to have the best car insurance rates.
We don’t have to point out that fact that auto insurance companies want to keep you from comparing prices. Consumers who shop around for cheaper rates will probably switch companies because of the good chance of getting low-cost coverage. A recent study showed that people who shopped around saved over $860 a year compared to other drivers who never shopped around for better prices.
If finding the most affordable insurance is your ultimate objective, knowing the best way to quote and compare insurance can help you succeed in finding affordable rates.
It’s important to price shop coverage before your next renewal because car insurance rates are adjusted regularly by insurance companies. Just because you found the best deal on Ford F-150 insurance in Cincinnati a couple years back you can probably find a lower rate today. Forget all the misinformation about car insurance because I’m going to let you in on the secrets to how to quote online to find better coverage on Ford F-150 insurance in Cincinnati at a better price.
Finding and buying the cheapest insurance policy in Cincinnati is not as hard as you think. In essence, every person who shops for insurance should buy a cheaper policy. But Ohio vehicle owners do need to learn how the larger insurance companies sell online and use it to your advantage.
It’s important to know that making a lot of price comparisons helps you find the best price. Not every company allows you to get online rate quotes, so it’s recommended that you also compare price quotes on coverage from those companies, too.
The companies shown below provide comparison quotes in Ohio. If you want the best car insurance in Ohio, we suggest you compare several of them to find the cheapest auto insurance rates.
Buying the right vehicle insurance in Ohio is an important decision
Even though it can be expensive, paying for car insurance serves several important purposes.
- The majority of states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to buy specific limits of liability coverage if you drive a vehicle. In Ohio these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Ford has a lienholder, almost every bank will force you to have insurance to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Ford at a significantly higher premium and force you to pay the higher premium.
- Car insurance protects not only your car but also your assets. It will also reimburse you for many types of medical costs incurred in an accident. Liability insurance will also pay for a defense attorney if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance definitely exceed the price paid, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. On average, a vehicle owner in Cincinnati is overpaying more than $850 per year so compare rate quotes every year to save money.
The coverage table displayed next showcases estimates of insurance costs for Ford F-150 models. Learning as much as possible about how rates are figured can assist in making informed decisions when shopping around for a new policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|F-150 XL Regular Cab 2WD||$132||$186||$256||$16||$76||$666||$56|
|F-150 STX Regular Cab 2WD||$132||$238||$256||$16||$76||$718||$60|
|F-150 XL Super Cab 2WD||$132||$238||$256||$16||$76||$718||$60|
|F-150 XLT Regular Cab 2WD||$132||$238||$256||$16||$76||$718||$60|
|F-150 STX Super Cab 2WD||$132||$238||$256||$16||$76||$718||$60|
|F-150 XL Crew Cab 2WD||$150||$238||$256||$16||$76||$736||$61|
|F-150 XLT Super Cab 2WD||$150||$238||$256||$16||$76||$736||$61|
|F-150 STX Regular Cab 4WD||$150||$238||$256||$16||$76||$736||$61|
|F-150 XL Regular Cab 4WD||$150||$238||$256||$16||$76||$736||$61|
|F-150 FX2 Super Cab 2WD||$150||$238||$256||$16||$76||$736||$61|
|F-150 XLT Crew Cab 2WD||$150||$238||$256||$16||$76||$736||$61|
|F-150 XL Super Cab 4WD||$150||$238||$256||$16||$76||$736||$61|
|F-150 XLT Regular Cab 4WD||$150||$238||$256||$16||$76||$736||$61|
|F-150 XL Crew Cab 4WD||$170||$238||$256||$16||$76||$756||$63|
|F-150 STX Super Cab 4WD||$170||$238||$256||$16||$76||$756||$63|
|F-150 XLT Super Cab 4WD||$170||$238||$256||$16||$76||$756||$63|
|F-150 FX2 2WD||$170||$290||$256||$16||$76||$808||$67|
|F-150 Lariat Super Cab 2WD||$170||$290||$256||$16||$76||$808||$67|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab 2WD||$170||$290||$256||$16||$76||$808||$67|
|F-150 FX4 Super Cab 4WD||$170||$290||$256||$16||$76||$808||$67|
|F-150 XLT Crew Cab 4WD||$170||$290||$256||$16||$76||$808||$67|
|F-150 FX4 4WD||$170||$290||$256||$16||$76||$808||$67|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab 4WD||$170||$290||$256||$16||$76||$808||$67|
|F-150 SVT Raptor Super Cab 4WD||$170||$290||$256||$16||$76||$808||$67|
|F-150 Lariat Super Cab 4WD||$170||$290||$256||$16||$76||$808||$67|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Platinum 2WD||$170||$342||$256||$16||$76||$860||$72|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Harley 2WD||$170||$342||$256||$16||$76||$860||$72|
|F-150 Lariat King Ranch 2WD||$170||$342||$256||$16||$76||$860||$72|
|F-150 Lariat King Ranch 4WD||$190||$342||$256||$16||$76||$880||$73|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Harley 4WD||$190||$342||$256||$16||$76||$880||$73|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Platinum 4WD||$190||$342||$256||$16||$76||$880||$73|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Premium data assumes single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Ohio minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, claim-free, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and safe-driver. Rates do not factor in your specific Cincinnati location which can increase or decrease premiums substantially.
Ford F-150 full coverage rates compared to liability only
The example below illustrates the comparison of Ford F-150 car insurance rates when comparing full coverage to state minimum liability only. Data assumes no claims or driving citations, $500 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are factored in.
When to switch to liability coverage only
There isn’t a written rule to exclude comp and collision coverage, but there is a general convention. If the annual cost of having full coverage is 10% or more of the settlement you would receive from your company, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
For example, let’s assume your Ford F-150 replacement cost is $9,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most your company will settle for is $8,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If you are paying in excess of $800 annually to have full coverage, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
There are a few cases where dropping physical damage coverage is not a good plan. If you still have a loan on your vehicle, you must maintain physical damage coverage in order to keep the loan. Also, if you don’t have enough money to buy a different vehicle if your current one is in an accident, you should not buy liability only.
Save a ton by taking advantage of discounts
Companies don’t always list every discount very clearly, so the list below details both the well known in addition to some of the lesser obvious discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Cincinnati car insurance online.
- Cincinnati Homeowners Discount – Owning your own home or condo may trigger a policy discount on insurance because it requires personal responsibility.
- E-sign – Certain insurance companies may give you up to $50 get Cincinnati car insurance on your computer.
- Multi-policy Discount – When you have multiple policies with one company you could save at least 10% off all policies.
- Onboard Data Collection – People who choose to allow their company to scrutinize vehicle usage by using a small device installed in their vehicle such as State Farm’s In-Drive could save a few bucks if they show good driving skills.
- Professional Organizations – Joining qualifying clubs or civic groups could earn you a nice discount on insurance.
- ABS Braking Discount – Cars and trucks that have anti-lock braking systems are much safer to drive so companies give up to a 10% discount.
You should keep in mind that most discounts do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only cut individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. Despite the fact that it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, it doesn’t quite work that way.
The illustration below shows the difference between Ford F-150 insurance rates with and without discounts being applied to the rates. The costs are based on a male driver, no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, Ohio state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, safe-driver, claim-free, homeowner, multi-policy, and multi-car discounts applied.
To see companies who offer cheap Ford F-150 insurance quotes in Cincinnati in Cincinnati, follow this link.
How much car insurance do I need?
When it comes to the best car insurance coverage for your vehicles, there isn’t really a “perfect” insurance plan. Everyone’s situation is unique so this has to be addressed.
For instance, these questions can help discover whether your personal situation would benefit from professional advice.
- Do I benefit by insuring my home with the same company?
- What can I do if my company denied a claim?
- If I use my vehicle for business use is it covered?
- Are rock-chip repairs free?
- Are my company tools covered if they get stolen?
- Will my Ford F-150 be repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Why am I required to buy high-risk coverage?
- Am I covered when pulling a rental trailer?
- What is the premium to book value ratio for dropping full coverage?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but one or more may apply to you then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, take a second and complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
How to find a good Ohio auto insurance company
Finding a high-quality company can be rather challenging considering how many companies provide coverage in Cincinnati. The rank data shown below can help you analyze which car insurance providers to look at buying from.
|Company||Value||Customer Service||Claims||Customer Satisfaction||A.M Best Rating||Overall Score|
|Compare Rates Now Go|
Data Source: Insure.com Best Car Insurance Companies